Hi there,

I play on PC, I use a wired connection and I never get anything below 100 ping. I've left several lobbies and googled a solution to no avail. Hope someone here, maybe even a dev can be of some help. Thanks in advance. 

On 9/11/2020 at 8:03 PM, SirPantsington said:

Hi there,

I play on PC, I use a wired connection and I never get anything below 100 ping. I've left several lobbies and googled a solution to no avail. Hope someone here, maybe even a dev can be of some help. Thanks in advance. 

your internet connection may be the problem....

These are the Minimum requirements:

Download speeds: 3 mbps 

Upload speed : 1 mbps

Ping rate : less than 150 ms

for better online gaming performance download speeds of 15-25 Mbps is recommended. Faster internet speeds is one way to help this situation.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

your internet connection may be the problem....

These are the Minimum requirements:

Download speeds: 3 mbps 

Upload speed : 1 mbps

Ping rate : less than 150 ms

for better online gaming performance download speeds of 15-25 Mbps is recommended. Faster internet speeds is one way to help this situation.

I probably should have mentioned, and the main reason I posted here, is this is not the issue. I use a wired connection and get consistently good ping in other games, and I will attach a screenshot. When asking JasonKillsBugs for help, (That's how desperate I was) they admitted to not having west coast servers and gave the most basic internet troubleshooting tips imaginable. At this point I've given up and been just playing bots, but I would love to be proven wrong someday. 

Screenshot (2).png

2 hours ago, SirPantsington said:

I probably should have mentioned, and the main reason I posted here, is this is not the issue. I use a wired connection and get consistently good ping in other games, and I will attach a screenshot. When asking JasonKillsBugs for help, (That's how desperate I was) they admitted to not having west coast servers and gave the most basic internet troubleshooting tips imaginable. At this point I've given up and been just playing bots, but I would love to be proven wrong someday. 

Screenshot (2).png

Sorry to hear that’s not the issue.... doesn’t  Look like anyway to resolve it.

@mattshotcha I am pretty sure he has gone through all the avenues to resolve this anything else you can think of?

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Sorry to hear that’s not the issue.... doesn’t  Look like anyway to resolve it.

@mattshotcha I am pretty sure he has gone through all the avenues to resolve this anything else you can think of?

I'm going to look into this.

EDIT: Spoke with support and it seems you've stopped responding to the troubleshooting ticket with them. Please respond to their last and continue the troubleshooting steps they've already sent you.

I will say this though, if your ping is comparable to the rest of the lobby, and you aren't experiencing any other symptoms of ping, there is not a lot to be concerned with other than the little number on the screen. According to your ticket, there is no poor connection behavior reported other than "ping number is high" but the entire lobby falls in the same ping range as you. So unless you're experiencing some type of latency related issue, or are matched up in lobbies where your ping is drastically higher than the rest of the lobby, there is nothing to worry about.

Having a 100 ping in a room full of 100 ping players, all without experiencing latency is not something we consider a problem. Again, though, if an issue comes up, please do inform the support team of the latency related behavior you're seeing.

• Thanks 1

My internet connection is pretty good and I am usually in the 75-125 ping range (in Public Lobbies / Game Server) and I don't have any gameplay issues.  Lag doesn't really seem to happen until my ping goes over 200. 

In Private Matches you are subject to the internet connection of the host.  So if the host has bad connections, everyone's ping will be bad.

On 9/29/2020 at 9:29 AM, mattshotcha said:

EDIT: Spoke with support and it seems you've stopped responding to the troubleshooting ticket with them. Please respond to their last and continue the troubleshooting steps they've already sent you.

I will say this though, if your ping is comparable to the rest of the lobby, and you aren't experiencing any other symptoms of ping, there is not a lot to be concerned with other than the little number on the screen. According to your ticket, there is no poor connection behavior reported other than "ping number is high" but the entire lobby falls in the same ping range as you. So unless you're experiencing some type of latency related issue, or are matched up in lobbies where your ping is drastically higher than the rest of the lobby, there is nothing to worry about.

Having a 100 ping in a room full of 100 ping players, all without experiencing latency is not something we consider a problem. Again, though, if an issue comes up, please do inform the support team of the latency related behavior you're seeing.

I stopped with the emails cause they asked me questions that I had already answered and sent them proof of. And I have noticed most other people in the lobby have significantly lower ping than myself. 

On 9/29/2020 at 9:29 AM, mattshotcha said:

As you can see from here, my ping is higher than the other players on a US server. And my ping issue is being downplayed, but Jason is literally unplayable cause grabs and throwing knives have about a second delay. 

Bad ping.jpg

You're probably too far away from the server to get good ping. Are you from the US? If so what region? I'm from central US and if I get into a Canadian server I have all kinds of latency problems. But my connection is good enough I can quick block on US servers.