I'm Not a Goalie

Unwritten Rules of Friday the 13th?

Unwritten Rules of Friday the 13th?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What are the Dumbest Unwritten Rules in Friday the 13th The Game?

• Counselors Need to Bar the Door of Every Cabin You Enter
    • Jason is Never Supposed to Slash Kill. NEVER!
    • Jason Using the Choke Kill is Cheap
    • Jason Trapping Cabin Windows Very Early in the Match
    • Counselors Shouldn't Set Traps Behind Unlocked Doors or Out in the Open
    • Jason is Obligated to Stand and Fight a Kill Squad (Basically Expected to Stand There and Take it Without Using Any Type of Strategy)
    • Counselors Shouldn't Use Their Flashlight
    • Counselors Shouldn't Escape in a Two-Seat Vehicle by Themselves
    • It's Cheating for Jason to Shift Passed a Set Trap (Yes Seriously)
    • Jason Should Never Spawn Kill
    • Jason Shouldn't Use Combat Stance to Break Down a Door
    • Female Counselors Should Never Get the Sweater Before Tommy is on the Map

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

The Spawn Kill one always used to crack me up when people got angry about it.   I get it, sucks to die in the 1st min of the game...but it is what it is.

I've never head of anyone saying Jason is never supposed to Slash kill.     Its usually that Jason players that only slash or use quick Choke that are a problem.

Slashing is the bitchy kill.. that results in players bitching about it.    

Slashing in this game is the melee attack.  Its got nothing to do with Jason being the king of Slashers or getting gud..    Jason didn't do the same kill over and over again by quick slashing counselors in the movies.  Because if he did.  He would have never been the 'King of Slashers".     

So in this game.. With all the actual cinematic kills (Some involve a slashing animation).    It sucks the fun out of the game when the only thing Jason is doing is melee kills.

Its boring to do as Jason.. Its boring to see as counsellors.   

This is true to a point. It is lame when Jason does nothing but slash. I find it boring since most slash happy Jason's are the easiest to exploit. Have a couple of med sprays handy, control your stam, and it's almost too easy when you know Jason is never gona try to grab.

There are plenty of players though who bitch if Jason slash kills at all. At least I've run into a bunch. If fact, there's some who will bitch if you slash at all, and expecting Jason to do nothing but grab the entire match regardless of circumstance is just stupid. In fact, I ran into one last night. The only person I slashed the entire match was Tommy. For some reason he was walking up the road, no weapon at all, and out of stamina for some reason... He was basically begging to be slashed, so I did. Especially considering someone had just gotten my sweater. That's when the issue started... Sweater girl was the only person left, and he suddenly grew a mic and went on one of the most hilarious profanity laced tirades I've ever heard. Let's just say the F-word that I can't use on this site was prominent. All because I had slashed Tommy, and apparently that's not how I'm supposed to play the game! So instead of a good one-on-one at the end of the match with a max player like I was hoping for, I got a salty entitled idiot who was pissed off that he didn't get what he wanted, so he just used the sweater after I took his second PK and left like a little bitch. He even kept it up in the messages afterward, equally hilarious since he was about as articular as a brain-damaged donkey. He finally gave up once I think he realized he was entertaining me more than he was getting under my skin. Might've been the saltiest most toxic person I've come across, and that's a high bar to clear for this game.

Let's just say I know how he's dying next time I bump into him in a lobby. 😉

18 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

This is true to a point. It is lame when Jason does nothing but slash. I find it boring since most slash happy Jason's are the easiest to exploit. Have a couple of med sprays handy, control your stam, and it's almost too easy when you know Jason is never gona try to grab.

When its a newbie Jason, ya..   its much easier to deal with.

When dealing with a Veteran who just doesn't care and just wants the quick easy kill.  Its totally different.

I mean, for me.   Over half of ALL my grab kills i've ever done,  happen after i put a counselor into a limp state.   Alls i have to do is take it one step further and melee attack one more time instead of grabbing them.   I just don't...  

Im not saying i won't melee attacksomeone to death if i have too.    Because i will, but i have to be forced.

To many counselors trying to attack me.  Will get slashed, maybe to death.  At that point im just slashing till the mob breaks.  Grabbing is pointless in a mob.

Tommy wasting my time, trying to go for a kill.  Slashed to death.   Tommy not going for a kill or no girls left..  i'll grab Tommy.   Tommy the last one left, 100% grab.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I puchased this game because of watching H20's videos and how much fun he and his friends had playing the game.   So I came into the game with the  intent of simply having fun and trying to make it fun for the people I am playing with.  My definition of fun does not necessarily include "winning" or being a "top-level player".  This is why I take a strong stance against things that I find take the fun out of the game and have no time for "try hards" who's only definition of fun is winning and showing off how good they are.

You've basically summed up half the reason I made this thread to begin with. For all the discussions about teaming and cheating, and big chunk of the toxicity in this game comes from people who just take it way too seriously. I'm too good to ever die, and if I do it's because somebody cheated or somebody isn't playing the way they're supposed to. Sometimes counselors out play you... Sometimes Jason outsmarts you, and you just have to tip your cap or your mask to whoever you're playing with. You're playing a game where even the top players have died hundreds of times. It's not a big deal. Have fun, and as long as someone isn't being a prick or deliberately trying to screw you over, there's no need to be a butt-hurt little bitch about it. If you're leaving a match every time you get grabbed and then messaging obscenities to the Jason player who just owned you, there's something special about you and not in a good way. (Same goes for Jason)

32 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I mean, for me.   Over half of ALL my grab kills i've ever done,  happen after i put a counselor into a limp state.   Alls i have to do is take it one step further and melee attack one more time instead of grabbing them.   I just don't...  

I do this once in a while myself. It's just good strategy... And of course I've been bitched at for doing this too. Let's face it though. There's a certain segment of the player base that's going to bitch if Jason does anything short of allowing them to run circles around him the entire match.

14 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I do this once in a while myself. It's just good strategy... And of course I've been bitched at for doing this too. Let's face it though. There's a certain segment of the player base that's going to bitch if Jason does anything short of allowing them to run circles around him the entire match.

Ya.. i get.  But people will complain about everything nowadays.   I only focus on extremes.

I'll put it like this..

If Sheldon was the last counselor left, limping, no PK left..  And hes standing by a bird bath.   Most players would probably bird brain him with the bird bath.   And then theres the ones who will slash im to death,    And the end game result pops up and it says everyone was murdered.

Those types of players are a small percent.  But i run into at least ONE every week.  And i play about 10-15 games week.

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You've basically summed up half the reason I made this thread to begin with. For all the discussions about teaming and cheating, and big chunk of the toxicity in this game comes from people who just take it way too seriously. I'm too good to ever die, and if I do it's because somebody cheated or somebody isn't playing the way they're supposed to. Sometimes counselors out play you... Sometimes Jason outsmarts you, and you just have to tip your cap or your mask to whoever you're playing with. You're playing a game where even the top players have died hundreds of times. It's not a big deal. Have fun, and as long as someone isn't being a prick or deliberately trying to screw you over, there's no need to be a butt-hurt little bitch about it. If you're leaving a match every time you get grabbed and then messaging obscenities to the Jason player who just owned you, there's something special about you and not in a good way. (Same goes for Jason)

Iol

I dont have anything against people who play competitively.  But to be honest, and with all due respect for those who play competitively,  playing F13 competitively is like playing Crazy 8s or Monopoly in a competitive league.  Just seems silly to me.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, Laotian Lam said:

Iol

I dont have anything against people who play competitively.  But to be honest, and with all due respect for those who play competitively,  playing F13 competitively is like playing Crazy 8s or Monopoly in a competitive league.  Just seems silly to me.

People bowl in leagues. That's the least strategic thing I can think of.

Hey, as long as we're having a good time, right?

🤷‍♀️

Since the thread is dying down a bit, I wanted to thank everyone who added their input. My curiosity has been satisfied. I'm not surprised Slashing won the day. This is by far the prompt I hear complained about the most and it's just... Ugh. Yes, it is lame when Jason does nothing but slash an entire lobby, but to act like it's not a valid strategy and you're a trash Jason if you slash at all is the real garbage. Same thing with choke in necessary situations. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only Jason player out there that finds entitled Jason Kill squads ridiculous. Like my 'friend' from the other day who went on an explosive tirade because I slashed Tommy to death. (Hey, two with one stone) The only one that surprised me was sweater girl getting as many votes as it did, even if it was only five. It's one of only three prompts I didn't personally vote for. I only added it because of how many different conversations I've had with players trying to convince me why it's important to get the sweater early. Fine, but you better be able to avoid Jason, and you sure as hell better not escape until Tommy shows up and you make sure he's not a total dip-shit. 

Anyway, I expressed earlier in the thread about my annoyance with the high number of player's I've run into that bitch at you when you use your flashlight... Like Jason's hunting for that little prick of light to hunt everyone down. 🤨 Wouldn't you know it though, a couple of days later, I actually got a kill partially assisted by a highly ill-advised use of a flashlight? Well, I guess that makes three now. 😂 Anyway, I thought I'd share it just to end my analysis of my thread on a fun note.

16 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Since the thread is dying down a bit, I wanted to thank everyone who added their input. My curiosity has been satisfied. I'm not surprised Slashing won the day. This is by far the prompt I hear complained about the most and it's just... Ugh. Yes, it is lame when Jason does nothing but slash an entire lobby, but to act like it's not a valid strategy and you're a trash Jason if you slash at all is the real garbage. Same thing with choke in necessary situations. I'm also glad to see I'm not the only Jason player out there that finds entitled Jason Kill squads ridiculous. Like my 'friend' from the other day who went on an explosive tirade because I slashed Tommy to death.

Slashing is just a melee attack.

IMO anyone who complains about melee attacks is being an idiot, especially a kill squad.    Shoe on the other foot mentality, does that mean Jason can complain about getting melee'd by counselors?

This is why i have no issue playing extremely defensive against kill squads if i get in to deep.   You can't complain about Jason avoiding getting killed, if those same counselors also try to avoid getting killed by Jason.   Can't complain about melee attacks of if everyone has melee attacks.  Can't complain about getting killed if everyone can get killed.

But, Complaining about Jason who only uses a melee attacks for kills, is a totally different issue, its more of a artistic integrity issue...lol.    Same would apply to Jason that only use Choke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

But, Complaining about Jason who only uses a melee attacks for kills, is a totally different issue, its more of a artistic integrity issue...lol.    Same would apply to Jason that only use Choke.

Honestly, I'd prefer not to slash or choke kill unless I'm forced to, but I have absolutely no problem doing either when the situation warrants it. Ironically, the best way to get me to slash or choke you to death is by bitching at me about choke killing and slashing. If you're going to act like a salty twat, it's probably not the best idea to let the guy in the mask know exactly how to piss you off.

For the first time since I started playing this game, I got accused of being a "Try-Hard" while playing as Jason yesterday. 

We were playing on Pinehurst and when I saw the phone was at the top of the map I immediately morphed to the house on the right (where the fuse is) and scared a Lachappa away.  Of course he was bitching and moaning about "spawn killing" even though I clearly didn't chase him or make any attempt to kill him.  Just wanted him to run over the bridge, away from the fuse and phone (they never did end up calling the police).

After trapping the phone I could see a bunch of pings coming from the Main house so I morphed over there to find  what I am guessing was a lame attempt at a kill party.  4 counselors who seemed super eager to meet me in the field of battle.  None of them had sharp weapons so I let them hit me a few times, tea-bag me a few times while I rested on my back, before grabbing and head-punching one of 'em.  Again, I get flooded with try -hard accusations.

The rest of the match consisted of me doing eviro kills on a couple of lone wolf counselors, slashing down Tommy and eventually leaving just me and the Lachappa that I had spared at the start of the match.  After two shift grabs and two PKs he finally just quit.  Literally because I had the nerve to shift grab him not once, but twice. lol

So I guess we need to add "No Shift-Grabbing" and "No Spawn-Scaring" to the list of unwritten rules.

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

For the first time since I started playing this game, I got accused of being a "Try-Hard" while playing as Jason yesterday. 

We were playing on Pinehurst and when I saw the phone was at the top of the map I immediately morphed to the house on the right (where the fuse is) and scared a Lachappa away.  Of course he was bitching and moaning about "spawn killing" even though I clearly didn't chase him or make any attempt to kill him.  Just wanted him to run over the bridge, away from the fuse and phone (they never did end up calling the police).

After trapping the phone I could see a bunch of pings coming from the Main house so I morphed over there to find  what I am guessing was a lame attempt at a kill party.  4 counselors who seemed super eager to meet me in the field of battle.  None of them had sharp weapons so I let them hit me a few times, tea-bag me a few times while I rested on my back, before grabbing and head-punching one of 'em.  Again, I get flooded with try -hard accusations.

The rest of the match consisted of me doing eviro kills on a couple of lone wolf counselors, slashing down Tommy and eventually leaving just me and the Lachappa that I had spared at the start of the match.  After two shift grabs and two PKs he finally just quit.  Literally because I had the nerve to shift grab him not once, but twice. lol

So I guess we need to add "No Shift-Grabbing" and "No Spawn-Scaring" to the list of unwritten rules.

Ewe, I bet that sick burn hurt your feelings too. I got called a try-hard once because I stopped the two-seater, and wouldn't let Tommy and his friend back inside... So the Tommy player went on a rant about me being a try-hard... So let's get this straight... Because I won't step to the side and let you drive off into the night I'm a try-hard? Okay... If you say so. I had a pretty good comeback for when he tried to carry on about it after the match. Considering I wiped out the lobby in under ten minutes and barely got over halfway to rage mode, from my perspective, I didn't have to try very hard at all.

4 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Ewe, I bet that sick burn hurt your feelings too. I got called a try-hard once because I stopped the two-seater, and wouldn't let Tommy and his friend back inside... So the Tommy player went on a rant about me being a try-hard... So let's get this straight... Because I won't step to the side and let you drive off into the night I'm a try-hard? Okay... If you say so. I had a pretty good comeback for when he tried to carry on about it after the match. Considering I wiped out the lobby in under ten minutes and barely got over halfway to rage mode, from my perspective, I didn't have to try very hard at all.

Well in all fairness when shift-grabbing I AM trying hard because Im not great at it.  I dont like -Shift Jasons because there isnt enough time to hit 2 trees, a fence and the corner of a cabin before I get to the counselor.   My stalk-shift-grab may seem like some slick, try-hard  move to them but it does not to the spectators. 😐

again with the slashing bitchin.

drop your pocket knife and THEN ill do a grab kill.

otherwise its slashity slashes for everyone.

specially if youre using vanessa or other high-stamina consuls

• Like 1

Every time I slash a Sweater Vanessa I am accused of "Tryhard" "Sweating". I think these guys are so used to bully baby Jasons that their feelings just cannot handle defeat anymore.

13 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Every time I slash a Sweater Vanessa I am accused of "Tryhard" "Sweating". I think these guys are so used to bully baby Jasons that their feelings just cannot handle defeat anymore.

The proper response to that is to slash some more and proceed to sweat all over her. Sounds to me like sweater girl needs to 'try a little harder' not to get slashed to death.

• Haha 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, Laotian Lam said:

I just thought of an unwritten rule that isn't in the list that I probably would have voted for.

Counselors are not allowed to dance, tea-bag or emote at all.

That is one of the top 5 things I see people complain about on this forum.  There are a lot people who don't care if you cheat or slash or exploit glitches but OMG YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING DANCE! lol

I personally liked the addition of emotes.  Even the dancing ones.  If your panties get all bunched up because someone tea-bags you or dances or emotes around you...grow thicker skin and stop taking things so seriously.  I think my favorite part of killing Jason is getting in an emote in the right place at the right time during the killing cut-scene.   Makes for some epic game captures.

You dance on or tea-bag me even one single time, you're fuckin' DEAD... and so is the rest of the lobby. It''s one of the most obnoxious, childish things you can possibly do in this game (HOWEVER... I fully support doing it to an obvious teamer-Jason because fuck him, he doesn't deserve good sportsmanship)

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You dance on or tea-bag me even one single time, you're fuckin' DEAD

1000% slashed to death, I'm not even wasting a grab on you because 99.9% you have a pocket knife anyway or you are going to rage quit as soon as I grab. Did this to a Mitch player last night 3  throwing knives and 2 slashes dead( had thick skin obviously).