Hey! This is purely for fun. Let me know what you guys think of my placements and share your opinions. (This is all just my opinion.) 

S- Vanessa, A.J.

A- Tiffany, Brandon, Fox

B- Adam, Victoria, Chad

C- Kenny, Deborah

F- Eric, Shelly, Jenny, Mitch

I don't think I missed anyone but if I did let me know. 

I’d put Jenny in the top two tiers and swap Mitch & Chad around on your tiers. 

• Haha 1

Several weeks ago, I posted a fairly in-depth counselor tier list.  You can check it out here:  http://forum.f13game.com/topic/28510-my-counselor-tier-list/

The short version of my tier list would be this:

S Tier:  Fox and Vanessa

A Tier:  Adam, AJ, and Victoria

B Tier:  Buggzy, Tiffany, and Jenny

C Tier:  Mitch, Chad, and Kenny

F Tier:  Deborah, Eric, and Shelly

You might be joking, but if not, I don't think you can use Tommy in a tier list.  He's not a counselor you can choose to play but rather a hero who is randomly assigned to a player who either died or escaped.

Talking seriously tho

S-Mitch

A-Lachappa, AJ, Deb, Shelly

B-Jenny, Tiff, Victoria, Kenny, Chad

C-Adam, Fox, Brandom, Vanessa

@odista2000 agreed

@Victoria_Best_Girl As you can see on my tier list, I disagree with some. I think you underestimate some counselors.

Counselors' tier lists are always meh because it is just a matter of which stat you give more importance to. For me it's:

Composure>Stealth>Repair>Speed>Strength>Luck>Stamina

Like, look how opinions diverge. A lot of people think composure is trash and stamina is a god-tier stat

I like to play as Adam, because I like to fix stuff where I can, and go toe to toe with Jason. Plus he is an old-school metal head, which is awesome.  \m/

My preference is to play as Jason, and I loath to see 4 Vanessas in the player list. She is probably the "best" to play as besides Tommy, but it is not my style to just run endlessly.

Personal tier list okay... Obviously this is tailored to my personal play style and preferences. 

S-Vanessa-This isn't just me going along with the crowd. She's just perfect for the style I like to play. I can fight Jason to get the mask off if I need to, get the sweater myself if it comes to that, distract or annoy Jason while my teammates are hopefully completing objectives, or even repair some myself. Her repair my be trash but her luck helps balance it out some with bigger prompts. If you can get that wheel down to five or six prompts, repairing can be a breeze if you know what you're doing. I also love that I don't have to burn a perk slot by using Marathon on her.

A- Fox, Adam, A.J., and Lachappa- Fox and Adam are essentially the same character. Fox gets the slight edge as she can get the sweater. A.J. is the prefect stealth character since she has just the right amount of composure and stealth to really make those stealth perks effective. She can be standing right next to Jason and not glow red when using sense.

Lachappa is a personal preference, not a recommendation. You have to know how to manage him to play him effectively. I don't troll often, but when I do, I prefer Lachappa. Nothing will piss Jason off more than being forced to chase a LaChappa  around for ten minutes and constantly get knocked on your ass by him. His lack of Stam will likely get you killed eventually, but even if Jason does getcha, you've already done your job. Jason expects it from Chad, Tiffany, etc... They're not expecting to get embarrassed by the fat man.

B- Mitch, Kenny, and Deborah- Mitch is basically A.J. lite.  Kenny can be very effective with the right set of perks. You'd think I'd be better with Deb since I'm good with LaCahppa, but for some reason I'm just not.

C-Tiffany, Chad, Jenny, and Bugsy-I've basically stuck everybody here that's only good for one thing, maybe two if you squint. These characters can be much more effective in squads, but in a game environment where so few people work together or communicate, it just sucks getting saddled with a character that's reliant on others to get stuff done. Jenny's good if you want to hide from Jason for 20 minutes but that's boring as hell. Tiffany has great stealth, but doesn't have the other stats necessary to make her a viable stealth character so it's almost a waste. Chad's a good distraction character, but again, if nobody else is bothering to fix anything what's the point? Bugsy... Eck, if I'm not one of the first two people dying, trying to get Tommy, I don't know what to do with myself. I feel like I'm just running around like an idiot. I'm not factoring in the ability to run Jason around for 20 minutes, because you can do that with just about any character if you know how to manage them correctly, and personally I just don't enjoy doing it. I only run Jason around for distraction purposes, or if I'm facing a Jason I just really don't want to be killed by.

D-Sheldon and Victoria-No particular reasons. These are just the only two characters I absolutely suck with. Everyone else I can effectively be a thorn in Jason's side.

I thought about ranking counselors based on how I view them as Jason, but honestly there really is no counselors I particularly like or hate to go up against. It all depends on the person playing the character. I've wiped out lobbies of Vanessa's before going into rage mode, lobbies with all high repair counselors without a single objective being fixed, and I've had a lobby of mid-level Chad's, Jenny's, and Victoria's absolutely annoy the hell out of me. My worst nightmare as Jason... A 150 Deborah that spawns at the house with the fuse in it and a pocket knife. It's the only situation I usually ever have the cops called on me when it matters.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

Counselors' tier lists are always meh because it is just a matter of which stat you give more importance to. For me it's:

Composure>Stealth>Repair>Speed>Strength>Luck>Stamina

Like, look how opinions diverge. A lot of people think composure is trash and stamina is a god-tier stat

I don't think composure is trash.  I think composure and its sister stat, stealth, are useful up to a point.  If you're playing a high stealth/high composure counselor like Mitch or AJ, I believe it would be best to complete an objective ASAP and then get your butt the hell out of there.  From what I understand of the game, once Jason goes into rage mode, composure and stealth are useless.  At that point, I believe stamina is the best stat to have because Jason is going to be chasing you all over the map.  From past experiences, a low stam counselor like Mitch or AJ isn't going to last too long especially if an objective is not completed whereas a high stam counselor like Vanessa or Tiffany would at least have a fighting chance of running out the timer if nobody's completed an objective.

In my opinion, my stat ranking would be this:

1.  Stamina – In my opinion, this is your lifebar.  If you run out of this when Jason is chasing you and you don't have a pocket knife or a weapon, you die.

2.  Repair - In my opinion, somebody has to complete the objectives.  If they're not completed when Jason enters rage mode, your counselor has a high chance of dying.  Way too often, I see public lobbies filled with Vanessas, Tiffanys or Buggzys.  Yes, those counselors are nice and fast but they are lousy at fixing objectives.  They are too slow and have too many skill checks.  Because of that, I believe it's best to play a counselor with at least a six or higher in repair like Fox or Adam.

3.  Composure - I believe this is a great stat during the first half of the game when Jason is not in rage mode.  But once Jason enters rage mode, this stat becomes useless.

4.  Stealth - Same thing as composure here.  I think stealth is good when Jason is not in rage mode, but useless when he enters it.

5.  Luck - From what I can tell, luck is only beneficial with weapon durability, crawling through a broken window, or starting a vehicle.  This stat isn't all that important to me for the following reasons:  I rarely fight Jason so weapon durability means little to me.  I use a 20% thick-skin perk which protects me from broken windows.  Based upon my past experiences, there's only a few seconds of difference when starting a vehicle between a high luck counselor and a low luck counselor so this doesn't mean much to me.

6.  Strength - This perk only seems to be good at demasking and stunning Jason.  Since I rarely fight Jason, this perk has little value to me.

7.  Speed - In my opinion, this is the least valuable stat in the game.  I believe Jason's shift ability effectively negates this stat.

Because I place high value on stamina and repair, my main counselor is Fox.  Her repair score of six allows her to repair quickly with only three to five skill checks.  I believe her stamina score of five is at least passable and gives her a decent chance of juking Jason.  If you use the 15% marathon perk on her, her stamina pool would be slightly higher than an unmodified Vanessa allowing her to lead Jason on a merry chase around the map.

That's all I have to say for now.  Please be advised that everything I've written in this post are my opinions only.  Thanks for reading and peace out.

11 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Kenny can be very effective with the right set of perks.

Out of curiosity, what perks do you use with Kenny?

6 minutes ago, odista2000 said:

Out of curiosity, what perks do you use with Kenny?

Normally Repair, Marathon, and Thick-skinned. He's one of the few characters a good repair perk will actually help, since you have to have an average repair skill already to get the maximum effectiveness out of it. It doesn't help low-repair or high-repair counselors enough to be worth it. You can also go all in with stealth perks, or combat perks if that's your thing. That's the good thing about having base stats in every category. No glaring weaknesses, and you can strengthen him in the areas that are most convenient for you and your personal style of play.  

And you're mostly correct about composure. It does become less effective after rage is activated, but it's not completely nullified. Just the other day I was playing Jason on Packanack Large, and all I had left was a Jenny who I couldn't find for anything. Even after rage was activated, I morphed all over the map and could not sense her anywhere. I finally found her hiding out in the southwest area of the map where the boat sometimes spawns. I had to get in relatively close proximity to her to finally sense her. If that was a Chad or Vanessa, I would've been able to see them halfway across the map. Once you're in close proximity though, composure is usually nullified, and you should always be able to find someone if they're hiding out in a cabin as long as they're in range. 

41 minutes ago, odista2000 said:

Composure - I believe this is a great stat during the first half of the game when Jason is not in rage mode.  But once Jason enters rage mode, this stat becomes useless.

Stamina regen. I can easily survive the night with no fear Jenny; and also with Mitch although tryhard is needed.

Composure helps you while hidden and while being chased by Jason. You just drop inside a cabin and boom your stam is 100% again. That's why I think composure is a god-tier perk, having value in 100% of the match.

Stamina is not that good for me because:

1)The difference between high stam and low stam is just some seconds

2)Speed and Composure absolutely compensate for low stam. Why should I invest in a stat if I can invest in the other two that can basically compensate for it and do a bunch of extra things?

3) Just like luck with the car, stamina is only really valuable when you have to escape by the police. If you know how to manage your stamina you don't need it high.

Speed is not negated by shift at all. In fact, speed is the thing that mostly helps you when Jason uses shift. Compare Vanessa's and Lachappa's antishift chickendance. Also, it is gold when running around the map. Another stat that you are going to get value at almost 100% of the time.

Of course, all of that is just my opinion based on my personal playstyle and experiences.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

And you're mostly correct about composure. It does become less effective after rage is activated, but it's not completely nullified. Just the other day I was playing Jason on Packanack Large, and all I had left was a Jenny who I couldn't find for anything. Even after rage was activated, I morphed all over the map and could not sense her anywhere. I finally found her hiding out in the southwest area of the map where the boat sometimes spawns. I had to get in relatively close proximity to her to finally sense her. If that was a Chad or Vanessa, I would've been able to see them halfway across the map. Once you're in close proximity though, composure is usually nullified, and you should always be able to find someone if they're hiding out in a cabin as long as they're in range. 

I probably shouldn't have used the word, "useless."  I think your description of "less effective" is more accurate.  Yes, I have heard of how difficult it is to find a No-Fear Jenny.  However, as you have pointed out, if Jason is close enough, he will find Jenny regardless of her no-fear build.  Based upon that, I believe I can say having a high composure is no guarantee of success when Jason is in rage mode.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Speed is not negated by shift at all. In fact, speed is the thing that mostly helps you when Jason uses shift. Compare Vanessa's and Lachappa's antishift chickendance. Also, it is gold when running around the map. Another stat that you are going to get value at almost 100% of the time.

I'm sorry, Carlso, but I'm going to have to agree to disagree.  Based upon my experiences, speed doesn't seem to be all that valuable when Jason uses shift.  In fact, just the other night, I was playing Jason and used shift to catch a Vanessa who was running as fast as she could from me.  I caught and killed her.

When you say doing the chicken dance, I assume you mean the counselor running in a random pattern to avoid a shift attack.  If that's what you mean, then I don't understand how speed will help with that.  I believe any counselor running in a erratic way can avoid a shift attack even low speed counselors like Mitch and Eric.  Could you please explain how speed helps a counselor to do an effective chicken dance?  I honestly don't see how.

4 hours ago, odista2000 said:

Could you please explain how speed helps a counselor to do an effective chicken dance?  I honestly don't see how.

Speed makes you move more meters away from your previous location in less time, which means it will be harder for Jason to catch you. Like Vanessa's dance goes --><----<---- and Chappa's goes -><-->, idk if that was clear it's difficult to explain that was my best lol

Summarizing: the variation on high-speed counselors is bigger, therefore it is harder to catch them.

Also getting to a window on the last second can make the difference between living or dying, that alone already makes speed good.

On 9/5/2020 at 10:23 PM, Carlso said:

Speed makes you move more meters away from your previous location in less time, which means it will be harder for Jason to catch you. Like Vanessa's dance goes --><----<---- and Chappa's goes -><-->, idk if that was clear it's difficult to explain that was my best lol

Summarizing: the variation on high-speed counselors is bigger, therefore it is harder to catch them.

Also getting to a window on the last second can make the difference between living or dying, that alone already makes speed good.

What you said may be true, but I still don't see speed as a top tier stat.  Based upon my previous experiences, speed may help you to outrun Jason or get to a cabin quicker, but that stat is dependent upon stamina.  If you run out of stamina while Jason is chasing you, then I don't think it matters if your speed is lightning fast or as slow as a turtle, Jason is going to get you.  I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree to disagree.  In my opinion, stamina still remains a top tier stat while speed remains a bottom one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, odista2000 said:

In my opinion, stamina still remains a top tier stat while speed remains a bottom one.

Lack of stamina can be compensated by jogging and only running when necessary, lack of speed cannot be compensated at all. You don't need enough stamina to run across the map, you just need the stamina to go to the other cabin (as fast as possible).

It's all a matter of opinion ... but the fact is that when Chad stuns Jason, in 3 seconds he is already in the other half of the map. When Victoria stuns Jason, she doesn't run fast enough to get out of his reach.

4 hours ago, odista2000 said:

What you said may be true, but I still don't see speed as a top tier stat.  Based upon my previous experiences, speed may help you to outrun Jason or get to a cabin quicker, but that stat is dependent upon stamina.  If you run out of stamina while Jason is chasing you, then I don't think it matters if your speed is lightning fast or as slow as a turtle, Jason is going to get you.  I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree to disagree.  In my opinion, stamina still remains a top tier stat while speed remains a bottom one.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Lack of stamina can be compensated by jogging and only running when necessary, lack of speed cannot be compensated at all. You don't need enough stamina to run across the map, you just need the stamina to go to the other cabin (as fast as possible).

It's all a matter of opinion ... but the fact is that when Chad stuns Jason, in 3 seconds he is already in the other half of the map. When Victoria stuns Jason, she doesn't run fast enough to get out of his reach.

For me, they're both important. Speed and stamina and companion stats, just like stealth and composure. One doesn't necessarily need the other, but having good numbers in both maximize their effectiveness. I've chased down Vanessa's moving at full sprint with little effort, and spent half a match running Jason around with Lachappa, even with his poop stam and speed. One player's poop stat, is another's saving grace. 

Personally, these are the types of discussions that keep me visiting these forums. I enjoy reading about everyone's personal play styles and opinions. I've even tried out a couple just to see if they work for me. One of the worst things you can do in this game is be predictable.

• Like 1

(1)

Iam a lvl 150 and only play public lobbies with one or two friends. 

My fav counselor is Deborah.

Dear god i love the thrill of fixing something right infront of Jasons eyes with her 10 Repair skill, even if i sacrifice myself. Helping my team to escape and fixing stuff fast and silent is where i have the most fun playing the game. Oh and offroading the car is just to much fun. Sorry team if it gets stuck.

So in regards of a tier list, repair counselors are on the top for me. Just because thats how i like to play the game. LaChappa is alright too btw, but i love the look of Deborah ;)

That doesnt mean non repair counselors are bad, they are strong too, just not my cup of tea.

I also like Chad. When my friends pick repair counselors i pick Chad. Faster Car- and Start Speed are my main perks on him. As i said, i also love driving the car like a madman. But no random teamkilling.

(2)

So whats my input to this discussion? (Counselor speed vs stamina)

When i play Chad, his way higher speed then Deborah helped me quite alot. Its easier to fight Jason, dodge shifts and knives, run away and escape from Jason, looting cabins, getting to counselors in need. What i try to say is that speed helps you in every minute of the game.

No matter what you do, speed will affect you. Unless you are waiting or hiding, but thats not how i like to play the game.

Low Speed can't be compensated by playing better. If you cant close the distance to a near window or player due to you being to slow, you or your mate will be dead. If Jason grabs you while you pretend to attack, or hits a knife or shift, a higher speed would have made it more likely to you to get out on top. If you loot cabins, stamina rarely matters as you regenerate all the time anyway, but speed makes you more efficent.

High Stamina will only come to play at these points if you already ran out of a good portion of your stamina bar. By playing smart and planful you can prevent this from happening.

Low stamina will often be enough if you manage it right. High stamina however makes the game easier and more fluent to play.

If i have to pick i pick speed over stamina.

You can barely compensate low speed by playing better.

You can easly compensate low stamina by playing planful and smart. 

My opinion. Sorry for typos in advance, iam German.

• Like 1