Maddogg_8121

Mask on Jason kill: intended or not?

@mattshotcha is Jason being killed with his mask on intended or not?  I said it is not, however, there are claims that someone from Gun is saying yes it is. Please verify.  Thanks. 

No, his mask has to be off to kill him.

While it isn't necessary to enter the shack, it is to kill him. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from?

Thank you.  No, the source of this information is adamant that the devs purposely made it to where you can intentionally kill Jason with his mask on.  He went to the point of blocking me from further disputing it in the f13 Facebook group.  He is an admin there.  Part 8 had the issue where he could be killed with his mask on, but that was patched.  So, now I have to spend time testing this and recording how it is done so I can send it to you like I did with the how to on bluescreening a lobby.  Fun times. 

That video was 2 years ago.  That's the same video that chump sent me.  Until he can substantiate his claims with recent video evidence I'm not gonna waste my time testing it.  It is like chasing a ghost at this point.  I'm not wasting time on a 2 year old glitch that was patched.  

2 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

That video was 2 years ago.  That's the same video that chump sent me.  Until he can substantiate his claims with recent video evidence I'm not gonna waste my time testing it.  It is like chasing a ghost at this point.  I'm not wasting time on a 2 year old glitch that was patched.  

I've tested it post update. It doesn't work. If anything the hit after the sweater stun will demask but it would require an additional hit for him to drop.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I've tested it post update. It doesn't work. If anything the hit after the sweater stun will demask but it would require an additional hit for him to drop.

I figured.   And if anyone would know it would be you.  So, this dude is out there on the f13 page as an admin spreading false information.  But, argue with them and they ban you.  Then message you 50000 times.  Lol. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

I figured.   And if anyone would know it would be you.  So, this dude is out there on the f13 page as an admin spreading false information.  But, argue with them and they ban you.  Then message you 50000 times.  Lol. 

It amazes me that people are still trying to spread false information about this game. An admin doing it is ten times worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

36 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It amazes me that people are still trying to spread false information about this game. An admin doing it is ten times worse.

I mean, most of the playerbase plateaued 2 years ago anyway, so I'm not exactly surprised that they're spreading outdated techniques. Although I'm almost certain the mask on kill would still work today if you hit Jason with an axe, on the big toe of his left foot under the moonlight next to the shack. But only if you're hitting him from behind, while he's blocking.

😂😂😂

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I mean, most of the playerbase plateaued 2 years ago anyway, so I'm not exactly surprised that they're spreading outdated techniques. Although I'm almost certain the mask on kill would still work today if you hit Jason with an axe, on the big toe of his left foot under the moonlight next to the shack. But only if you're hitting him from behind, while he's blocking.

😂😂😂

This is true.   I was more than ready to figure this out and send it in for a patch, though.  If it were factual it would be incredibly cheap.   Bit, that dude lost all credibility with the 2 year old video. There are some things I can't stand being in the game.  A mask on kill would have been one of them.  It still isn't incredibly hard at all to drop Jason.  Not in pubs anyway. 

My understanding in the past was that if Jason was demasked by a bear trap, you would be able to kill him, but the mask would still be on him. I don't think this is the case anymore, I've seen Jasons step into traps and the mask falls off right away.

On 9/2/2020 at 1:29 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

No, the source of this information is adamant that the devs purposely made it to where you can intentionally kill Jason with his mask on.

It's been confirmed by Gun Media as a glitch in the patch notes from 5/24/2018:

• Fixed an issue where stun damage would not cause Jason’s mask to fall off even after Jason has hit the HP threshold

On 9/2/2020 at 11:36 PM, Maddogg_8121 said:

It's a sad thing to see that, for some reason, this game attracts some of the most toxic people in the gaming community. Must be their way to live out a power fantasy because they're so pathetic in real life.

On 9/3/2020 at 7:07 AM, Maddogg_8121 said:

This is true.   I was more than ready to figure this out and send it in for a patch, though.  If it were factual it would be incredibly cheap.   Bit, that dude lost all credibility with the 2 year old video. There are some things I can't stand being in the game.  A mask on kill would have been one of them.  It still isn't incredibly hard at all to drop Jason.  Not in pubs anyway. 

You think that's cheap? There was a time when it was possible to shoot Jason (not sure if it would also work with melee weapons), use the sweater while he's on the ground, and do a heavy attack that would cause him to instantly go from flat on his back to down on his knees with no chance to resist the sweater stun.

14 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You think that's cheap? There was a time when it was possible to shoot Jason (not sure if it would also work with melee weapons), use the sweater while he's on the ground, and do a heavy attack that would cause him to instantly go from flat on his back to down on his knees with no chance to resist the sweater stun.

I loved that kill. It was my second favorite. First goes to killing Jason in the lake when he sticks his head out of the water.

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I loved that kill. It was my second favorite. First goes to killing Jason in the lake when he sticks his head out of the water.

It IS pretty hilarious to watch Jason play peek-a-boo for 10 straight minutes (undoubtedly thinking he can just ride out the clock) then as soon as he comes a little closer to shore, SG does her thing and Tommy wades into the water and kills him. In my own personal experience, that one's almost a guaranteed rage-quit.

• Haha 1

Me and my friend killed a Jason with his mask on last year, It was weird though I wonder if it had something to do with Jason suffering alot of damage and his mask was glitched on or something. I'm on PS4 so it wasn't some hacker or a cheater using lag switches.

9 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Me and my friend killed a Jason with his mask on last year, It was weird though I wonder if it had something to do with Jason suffering alot of damage and his mask was glitched on or something. I'm on PS4 so it wasn't some hacker or a cheater using lag switches.

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this one.

1: Why would you even attempt it in the first place last year? Considering it hasn't been a thing for years, that just doesn't make sense.

2: Even if you did try it, his mask would have popped when you went to drop him to his knees if he was over 100% damage. That's not to say you couldn't demask him, drop him and kill him during the sweater stun though. But not with his mask still on.

The only reason it was ever possible is because certain stuns couldn't demask but counted towards reaching the damage threshold needed for the kill. But again, that was all fixed years ago.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on this one.

1: Why would you even attempt it in the first place last year? Considering it hasn't been a thing for years, that just doesn't make sense.

2: Even if you did try it, his mask would have popped when you went to drop him to his knees if he was over 100% damage. That's not to say you couldn't demask him, drop him and kill him during the sweater stun though. But not with his mask still on.

The only reason it was ever possible is because certain stuns couldn't demask but counted towards reaching the damage threshold needed for the kill. But again, that was all fixed years ago.

I'm telling you right now that we killed him with mask on not making it up, but your last sentence probably is the reason why me and my friend were able to kill him with mask on because "certain stuns couldn't demask but counted towards reaching the damage threshold needed for the kill."  

5 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I'm telling you right now that we killed him with mask on not making it up, but your last sentence probably is the reason why me and my friend were able to kill him with mask on because "certain stuns couldn't demask but counted towards reaching the damage threshold needed for the kill."  

Yes. And that was two years ago. Not last year.

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yes. And that was two years ago. Not last year.

I just rechecked my messages history when messaging to my friend, I was actually mistaken as it was April 2018 when this happened, my bad. 

• Thanks 1