What is win or losts for you?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. On which stataments do you agree on?

• If most of the counselor dies, Jason wins.
    • If most of the counselors survive, Jason loses.
    • No matter how many counselors died, if Jason gets killed he loses.
    • Not mattering what happened on the match, if Jason gets the "mommy is pleased" he wins because he completed his objective of killing/dragging away the counselors.
    • If Jason dies, but killed most of the counselor, he doesn't lose; it's more like a tie.
    • Surviving the night is a tie. Jason didn't kill the counselor, but the counselor didn't escape.
    • Team win is not a thing. I win if I escape.
    • There are different ways to win in this game, like team wins, individual wins... it depends on point of view.
    • Wins or losses are relative and there's no way of determining which one wins or loses.

I think we can all agree that making people rage quit is the ultimate win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

I think we can all agree that making people rage quit is the ultimate win.

If this was an option I would've voted for it! A rage quit is just as good, if not better than a kill. Wish the goobers thinking they're getting one over on you by rage quitting realized all they're doing is showing  everyone what a bitch they are.

• Like 3

The way I look it, whether Jason or Counselor, if you succeed in the personal goals you've set out to achieve, you win. I'm usually trying to kill Jason, so whether I die or not trying to get the mask off or trying to draw Tommy, I consider it a win if my squad kills Jason. If I die trying to protect the fuse box or distracting Jason while the car is trying to speed off, I consider those wins if my actions directly help most of the lobby get out alive. If I'm Jason and I kill everyone I want to kill and enjoy myself while doing it, I win. If someone manages to slip out via their own skill or my indifference, they win too. If Jason's goal is to kill everyone, and he considers it a loss if even one counselor survives, I respect that too. It really is mostly about POV, other than the totally obvious. 

Two notes... If Jason dies, he always loses. I don't care how many kills he has. You have no idea how many of those kills were legit, and how many were self-sacrifices to set up the kill. Suicide via Jason is not a legit kill in my book. I don't consider surviving the night a tie in most cases. If someone's good enough to outlast Jason for the full 20 that's a win. It does kind of depend on how skilled the Jason is, so this one is debatable.

Counselors loses if they die. 

Jason loses if he dies.

Not dying/surviving is winning..   Jason doesn't need to kill everyone.  Killing everyone as Jason usually is due to counselors not focusing on objectives or not helping each other.

Its not a competitive team game.  Its more like wild party game.

This is why I like playing in leagues/tournaments. It's clear cut who wins or loses. In pubs there are is no winning or losing. As long as you're having fun you're winning.

• Like 2

Jason doesn't win or lose.  He is the challenge or the "hazard" that each individual counselors must somehow overcome for them to survive.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:16 PM, Somethin Cool said:

This is why I like playing in leagues/tournaments. It's clear cut who wins or loses. In pubs there are is no winning or losing. As long as you're having fun you're winning.

I still don't get how anyone can take a 7 (8) Vs 1 game so seriously that they have leagues..   

In pubs, its simple.   If you die you lose..    How serious they take the game depends on the player.   Some people rage quit the moment they are going to die..

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

still don't get how anyone can take a 7 (8) Vs 1 game so seriously that they have leagues..

Easy. It's fun.

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

In pubs, its simple.   If you die you lose..    How serious they take the game depends on the player.   Some people rage quit the moment they are going to die..

Some people realize it's just a game and they're not less of a man if Jason dies. If dying wasn't an intended mechanic they would take it out. Like I said, you're only losing if you're not having any fun.

14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Some people realize it's just a game and they're not less of a man if Jason dies. If dying wasn't an intended mechanic they would take it out. Like I said, you're only losing if you're not having any fun.

You’re in the cheat/tech thread talking about & showing videos of you using cheats/tech to deny a kill squad killing your Jason in a public lobby. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

You’re in the cheat/tech thread talking about & showing videos of you using cheats/tech to deny a kill squad killing your Jason in a public lobby. 

Because of how they were doing it, yes. I was on a low level account. They thought they were taking advantage of a low level Jason by all grouping up and chain stunning my mask off. So I felt obligated to show them the errors of their ways. 

• Confused 1

I feel like a piece of shit when I day as Jason, even after years playing. I admit it: dying as Jason is humiliating, especially when it is on pub lobbies. Dying as Jason is the ultimate loss. Every time they get off my mask and Tommy gathers with the Sweater I pray for the servers to crash. It is fun because it is challenging, but man it sucks when you fall down while Vanessa dances on your corpse.

34 minutes ago, Carlso said:

I feel like a piece of shit when I day as Jason, even after years playing. I admit it: dying as Jason is humiliating, especially when it is on pub lobbies. Dying as Jason is the ultimate loss. Every time they get off my mask and Tommy gathers with the Sweater I pray for the servers to crash. It is fun because it is challenging, but man it sucks when you fall down while Vanessa dances on your corpse.

Oof

How often do you die as Jason?

@Somethin Cool Before 2019 I only played in private matches with friends, I died so many times that I couldn't even count. Now with this lawsuit, 99.9% of them leave and I have to rely on pub matches. Since then, I've never died. To be fair, pub lobbies are nothing amazing.

Even after dying thousands of times, my soul dies along with my Jason. 

jason needs to kill everyone to win.

anything less than 8 (or seven, if tommy never came) kills is a failure.

the objective for jason is stated pretty clear when the game starts "kill everyone".

counsels have many ways to win.

be alive when jason is killed (or be the one to kill him), escape by car, boat or police, and be a master at hiding or outrunning jason.

if by the end it says YOU SURVIVED, its a win. anything else, its a fail.

8 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

This is false^...

When it comes to this game, dying is losing.  The only way Jason can actually lose is by dying.  Winning is about who survives (Counselors and Jason).  

Also.. if counselors all attack objectives at the same time.   Its impossible for Jason to be everywhere at once.    So for you, if Jason goes up against a some what decent group of players and just one of them escapes/survives its a failure?  

Not killing anyone as Jason would be considered a failure.  

No counselors surviving would be considered a failure for counselors.   Since a full wipe is usually the counselors fault for not doing objectives.

12 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

the objective for jason is stated pretty clear when the game starts "kill everyone".

counsels have many ways to win.

be alive when jason is killed (or be the one to kill him), escape by car, boat or police, and be a master at hiding or outrunning jason.

if by the end it says YOU SURVIVED, its a win. anything else, its a fail.

Nah... I realize you probably didn't intend for it to come across like this, but under your definition, Jason has already lost 3 seconds into the match if somebody decides to leave because they didn't draw Jason. It also doesn't account for Counselors who are AFK, connection issues, suicides, rage quitter's, and friends of rage quitters who get pulled when their friend dies and decides to leave. None of that is Jason's fault. I can't speak for PS4 or PC, but on Xbox, almost 70% of the matches you play, at least one person is going to leave for one these reasons, so 8/8's are a fairly rare treat. Unfortunately Jason doesn't have physic powers, or the ability to keep little bitches from taking a powder. I consider forcing someone to rage quite or suicide just as good as a kill.

The variety of choices given for this poll is proof in itself that there is no correct answer to this question.    This game is what you make of it. 

16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Because of how they were doing it, yes. I was on a low level account. They thought they were taking advantage of a low level Jason by all grouping up and chain stunning my mask off. So I felt obligated to show them the errors of their ways. 

There are a lot of assumptions made about people's motives on this forum.  Unless these players specifically said "Hey, this guy is a low level Jason, let's kill him", you really don't know what their motivation was or whether or not they were even aware what level you were.  And even if that was their motivation it does not in any way condone cheating.

My "assumption" would be you cheated  because you are a cheater.  Being picky about when you decide to cheat doesn't make it any better imo.

The real blame for the cheats are the devs that don't do anything about it. 

For players, it's up to play, for devs it's up to balance and make the game more healthy.

Even though it kind of makes the game look like a crappy glitch festival, they are doing theirs. The devs are the ones not doing theirs.

But on the other hand, if they stopped using cheats the game would be better in the same way.

I don't appreciate cheats but I also don't appreciate the comments shaming people for using cheats.

This an awkward topic, I think it deserves its own discussion here in the forums.

4 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Nah... I realize you probably didn't intend for it to come across like this, but under your definition, Jason has already lost 3 seconds into the match if somebody decides to leave because they didn't draw Jason. It also doesn't account for Counselors who are AFK, connection issues, suicides, rage quitter's, and friends of rage quitters who get pulled when their friend dies and decides to leave. None of that is Jason's fault. I can't speak for PS4 or PC, but on Xbox, almost 70% of the matches you play, at least one person is going to leave for one these reasons, so 8/8's are a fairly rare treat. Unfortunately Jason doesn't have physic powers, or the ability to keep little bitches from taking a powder. I consider forcing someone to rage quite or suicide just as good as a kill.

i dont factor ragequitters because they dont count. even if its down to 1 counsel who didnt rage quit, jason has to kill him to win.

kill everyone, or die.

no inbetweens.

any  counsels survive? jason loses.

this is not up for debate.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

There are a lot of assumptions made about people's motives on this forum.  Unless these players specifically said "Hey, this guy is a low level Jason, let's kill him", you really don't know what their motivation was or whether or not they were even aware what level you were.  And even if that was their motivation it does not in any way condone cheating.

They were killing all the low level Jason's in the lobby.

10 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

My "assumption" would be you cheated  because you are a cheater.  Being picky about when you decide to cheat doesn't make it any better imo.

I don't really care what you think to be completely honest. I play to the lobby. If it was a fair fight I'll take the axe. If they gang bang I'll adjust. If they were really as good as they thought they were, they'd have killed me anyway.

16 hours ago, Carlso said:

The real blame for the cheats are the devs that don't do anything about it. 

Valid point.  One that both tech users and non tech users can agree on. 

From my perspective, cheating/glitching on a game like this is like cheating while playing Crazy 8's or Duck Duck Goose.  Its just too simple and silly of a game to be taken that seriously.

14 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

kill everyone, or die.

no inbetweens.

any  counsels survive? jason loses.

Lol..  Its not up for debate? 

So if Jason kills 6 counselors and one escapes..  Where does it say Jason LOST?   

Again, Jason can't be everywhere at once.   If 2 objectives get worked on at the same time, one will get done.  Counselors will escape.  

The only way for Jason to actually lose is to get KILLED.  If Jason kills NO ONE, thats just sad.. but not a loss.

There really is no winners or losers in this game.  Just survival and death.  

Jason wins if he kills at least 4 counselors. Counselors win if at least 4 counselors escape.

Even if you kill someone, that final screen full of white escapes will appear. Even if you escape, that final screen full of red deaths will appear.

On the final screen, it gets clear who won and who lost in my opinion. Get more reds as Jason and you won, get more whites as a counselor and you won. Of course, if Jason dies he automatically loses.

On 8/30/2020 at 2:15 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

If this was an option I would've voted for it! A rage quit is just as good, if not better than a kill. Wish the goobers thinking they're getting one over on you by rage quitting realized all they're doing is showing  everyone what a bitch they are.

True that. The other night I spent manhood w minutes chasing over  Tiffany who kept managing to avoid being killed and stalled for as long as possible. Up to the point where she rage quit before I could kill her, I had the utmost respect for her determination, even if she kept dancing and showboating after jumping through a window.  Then she quit just before the killing grab and I lost all respect for her. They can dish it out, but they sure can't take it,

30 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

True that. The other night I spent manhood w minutes chasing over  Tiffany who kept managing to avoid being killed and stalled for as long as possible. Up to the point where she rage quit before I could kill her, I had the utmost respect for her determination, even if she kept dancing and showboating after jumping through a window.  Then she quit just before the killing grab and I lost all respect for her. They can dish it out, but they sure can't take it,

Ah, that special breed of counselor that works more on their dance moves than their game skills. I used to like to take screen captures or rage quitters, and send them a copy of the video with a few laugh emoji's. The few that reply back were often hilarious. There's really no defending yourself when you puss out of a match like that. If Jason earns the win, let him have it. Rage quitting is such a common thing now, I don't bother anymore unless it's really egregious. I just laugh and move on. What better way is there for them to say I'm not as good as you?

16 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

Sure it is. You're literally in a thread where everyone's debating it.