I've noticed lately (on PS4), possibly since the latest patch, that the phone fuse has been spawning in the same cabin as the phone box again. This used to happen way back when before it was adjusted in an update many moons ago, but I've started seeing it again recently. The first time was a couple nights ago, and I convinced myself I was mistaken. But tonight, for sure, it happened on Packanack Small. I found the fuse in the main cabin and the phone was there as well.

Anyone else seeing this?

@mattshotcha

Sometimes all the parts don't spawn on small maps. It's almost impossible to prove but it does happen. I'm sure this is some variation of that. Double trap the phone and it's not a problem.

This is the first I'm hearing it. That doesn't mean it isn't happening or anything, just might not be getting reported.

Let me check in with the team on this.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Sometimes all the parts don't spawn on small maps. It's almost impossible to prove but it does happen. I'm sure this is some variation of that. Double trap the phone and it's not a problem.

I agree 100%. Crystal Lake small, I repaired the two seater and a couple of people came up with the keys, so I let them have the car. I put the gas in the four seater, found the keys and started looking for the battery. The Jason was a newbie, I as well as another counselor that was helping me, had time to search every cabin at least two times each and anywhere else the battery may spawn. There was. I second battery. 

18 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I've noticed lately (on PS4), possibly since the latest patch, that the phone fuse has been spawning in the same cabin as the phone box again. This used to happen way back when before it was adjusted in an update many moons ago, but I've started seeing it again recently. The first time was a couple nights ago, and I convinced myself I was mistaken. But tonight, for sure, it happened on Packanack Small. I found the fuse in the main cabin and the phone was there as well.

Anyone else seeing this?

@mattshotcha

I've seen this happen on Crystal Lake Small shortly after the most recent patch (Pre-Hacker Patch).  I even recorded a short video just to make sure it wasn't showing up on the map and I just missed it. I haven't experienced it since though, so it doesn't appear to occur very often at least.

10 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I agree 100%. Crystal Lake small, I repaired the two seater and a couple of people came up with the keys, so I let them have the car. I put the gas in the four seater, found the keys and started looking for the battery. The Jason was a newbie, I as well as another counselor that was helping me, had time to search every cabin at least two times each and anywhere else the battery may spawn. There was. I second battery. 

I can confirm this as well, and it's been going on for a while. While a friend was distracting Jason, myself and another friend searched every cabin on the map for the damn battery, and it was nowhere to be found. Just to make sure we weren't going crazy, we played a few private matches on the small maps to see if we could duplicate the results. It took a few matches, but we finally got one on Packanack Small. We rummaged through every cabin several times, looked in all the known spawn spots, and the second battery was nowhere to be found. 

9 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

This is the first I'm hearing it. That doesn't mean it isn't happening or anything, just might not be getting reported.

Let me check in with the team on this.

If I see it again I'll snag a video and upload it. It doesn't seem to be occurring frequently (as far as I can see at this point).

14 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Sometimes all the parts don't spawn on small maps. It's almost impossible to prove but it does happen.

I have noticed this as well.

Posted (edited)

Okay, let's try this one more time. 😂  This was roughly two months in-between hacker attacks.

Edited by I'm Not a Goalie
Correction
  • Like 1

This was recorded August of 2018, before the newest patch, but after the one that was supposed to prevent the fuse from spawning in the phone cabin.

@SteveChristy@HaHaTrumpWon, I've had this happen maybe about a week ago.  I think it was also on Pack small with the phone box on the side of the big house.  I was counselor, EZ escape :P.  I think its rare for it to happen, and likely some kinda sorting bug in the random algorithm.

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

@Hayalhanemersin@HayalhanemersinBunu yaklaşık bir hafta önce yaşadım. Sanırım aynı zamanda büyük evin yan tarafındaki telefon kulübesi ile Küçük Paket'te de vardı. Ben danışmanlık yaptım, EZ kaçış : P. Bence bunun olması çok ender ve muhtemelen rastgele algoritmada bir tür sıralama hatası .

If you enter the phone booth at the beginning of the game and throw 2 bear traps, they cannot make the phone.

If Jason is an experienced Jason, instead of 1 trap car battery, 2 trap phone booth, he should place 1 trap battery there if there is another car. If they break the trap in the phone booth, you'll have to trap the phone booth again. If you are playing Jason with 3 traps, put 2 traps in the phone booth, 1 trap in the 4-seater car. The number of those who escaped decreases.

7 hours ago, Bloody Jason said:

If Jason is an experienced Jason, instead of 1 trap car battery, 2 trap phone booth, he should place 1 trap battery there if there is another car. If they break the trap in the phone booth, you'll have to trap the phone booth again. If you are playing Jason with 3 traps, put 2 traps in the phone booth, 1 trap in the 4-seater car. The number of those who escaped decreases.

There are two reasons to double trap the phone. First, it wastes spray. Even if the counselors are running medic, thick skin, and hypo. A single counselor will have to use a spray on each trap to be fully healed. If they don't, they'll be crippled on the next slash or throwing knife. If they're not running good thick skin, or any thick skin at all, they'll either be crippled or dead. Or waste even more sprays to fully heal. It's always a good thing to burn up the enemies resources.

Second, it takes either more people the same amount of time to call the police, or one person twice as long. Now you don't have to camp the most important objective nearly as hard. So if you're busy defending the cars or dealing with a kill squad, you don't have to rush right to the phone after the first trap goes off.

Jason with only 3 traps should put two on the phone and one on the door of the closest car to the exit.

@Somethin Cool What if they invade shack? Part 9 is arguably easier to kill. I personally 1 trap the fuse and 1 trap blue car battery. Traps don't help you that much at impending counselors from doing things, for me they are just a notifier most of the time.

2 minutes ago, Carlso said:

@Somethin Cool What if they invade shack? Part 9 is arguably easier to kill. I personally 1 trap the fuse and 1 trap blue car battery. Traps don't help you that much at impending counselors from doing things, for me they are just a notifier most of the time.

That's what throwing knives are for. Slash>knife>slash will cripple any counselor, even with 20% thick skin. 

9 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Slash>knife>slash will cripple any counselor

This is true, but it is still very risky to solo rely on it. I prefer to do it with a trap at the exit. While Tommy/Sweater steps on the trap I slash the other one.

I agree that double trap is good on most of the Jasons, but from what I can tell it is not a wise choice for part 9 since it is easier to unmask him.

12 minutes ago, Carlso said:

This is true, but it is still very risky to solo rely on it. I prefer to do it with a trap at the exit. While Tommy/Sweater steps on the trap I slash the other one.

I agree that double trap is good on most of the Jasons, but from what I can tell it is not a wise choice for part 9 since it is easier to unmask him.

In pubs I play random Jason. Always double trap the phone and at a minimum place one trap on the car closest to the exit. I don't even go for the Tommy box anymore. Since the mask update I've only been demasked twice and haven't been killed yet.

In tournaments, I play the same way. In my opinion trapping the shack is the single biggest waste of a trap. If it's even slightly misplaced it's not effective. In the time it takes to properly set a trap in the doorway, you could have hit the Tommy box before the counselors got the call off. 

25 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

In the time it takes to properly set a trap in the doorway, you could have hit the Tommy box before the counselors got the call off. 

I meant to say "save a trap to when they invade shack, then you trap the exit and kill them". Most of the time I don't even need traps to win against pub lobbies and in the last months I was just demasked one time, but I don't appreciate the extra possibility they have to kill me.

Sometimes I encounter groups of lvl 150s and the first thing they say when they see part 9 is "Yo less HP Jason let's kill". I have not died for a loooong time, and I wish things continue this way.

Another bad thing about double trapping is that if there are more than 1 counselor they will just disarm the traps as if there was only one and you basically "wasted" one trap. For a less trap Jason wast is not an option ... when facing experienced counselors, that is.

I wouldn't suggest anyone to do it, but do whatever fits more with your playstyle.

25 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Another bad thing about double trapping is that if there are more than 1 counselor they will just disarm the traps as if there was only one and you basically "wasted" one trap.

Not really. You made the counselors waste another spray. 

25 minutes ago, Carlso said:

meant to say "save a trap to when they invade shack, then you trap the exit and kill them".

If I've taken more than a few hits I won't even bother morphing to the shack. Make them come to you and they'll be low on stam. Take the fight to the shack and they'll be fully charged.

23 minutes ago, Carlso said:

My advice would be to stop using Part 9. Just Kidding, any Jason can be effective in the right hands. If you're going to insist on using a Jason with low traps however, you'll just have to prioritize and optimize where you want to use them. This is why I like to scout out the lobby whenever possible, and approach the match based on the level and type of competition I'm up against. If everyone is running Chad, Bugsy, and Tiffany, you probably don't need to worry about double trapping the phone. If you have a suspected kill squad in the lobby, trap the shack if it makes you feel more comfortable. There's no need to be overly formulaic while playing Jason. Play smart, not hard, and that's doubly true if you're already handicapping yourself with a low-trap, low hit-point Jason. 

Personally, I almost never trap the shack anymore, nor do I bother cutting the power to Tommy's house and trapping it. I like going up against Tommy, and I like living dangerously. Plus, I've learned more effective ways to deal with kill squads that work for me that I prefer to burning resources. Think about it. How often does that trap at the shack really help you? Unless you double trap it, they're fairly east to get around, and if someone does step in it, you probably weren't going to have much trouble running that counselor down trap or not. At best, a trap at the shack might deter someone who hasn't quite committed to the idea of grabbing the sweater in the first place but that's about it.

I rarely double trap the phone box either. I just don't run into enough lobbies where I get the cops called on me to bother. Except for the occasional 150 Deb, since that bitch always seems to find the fuse and a pocket knife within the first five minutes. One unconventional thing I do with the fuse box... If I morph on someone who fucks up, I'll sometimes wait and let them finish putting the fuse in before I either try to kill them or break the box depending on the situation. The communication in pub lobbies is often so poor, that the fuse can sit there in the fuse box most of the match and the rest of the lobby won't even realize its there. It's risky and you have to careful who you try it on, but if randoms in pub lobbies don't want to communicate, why not take advantage? I find this strategy more palatable than allowing the fuse to sit on the map for Tommy or any other counselor to see. It's honestly surprising how often it's worked for me.

15 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

My advice would be to stop using Part 9.

>:T

For me, the trap on the shack is very useful and it guarantees a kill. Maybe with a little bit of time, they could get their way, but with a big Part 9 around I doubt they would get out without stepping on it (never happened to me). It never fails me and I always kill Tommy or Sweater because of it. 

I agree that trap strategy needs to shift depending on the Lobby, but when facing a lobby full of lvls 150 I always save the last trap for the shack. Even if they repair everything and escape, what I am going to hear is "mommy is proud of you Jason"; which not happens when Jason dies.

Personally, not dying is my number 1 priority when playing Jason. My friends know it and also know how to explore it pretty well. But doesn't matter what happens, in the end, I don't die and mommy gets proud.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

Personally, not dying is my number 1 priority when playing Jason. My friends know it and also know how to explore it pretty well. But doesn't matter what happens, in the end, I don't die and mommy gets proud

Dying doesn't bother me at all anymore. As long as it was an intense match. If there were only 2-3 left and it was a hell of a fight, I don't mind taking the axe. I just hate the matches where you get a lobby wipe in under 8 minutes because nobody was doing anything.

On 8/30/2020 at 4:08 PM, Somethin Cool said:

I just hate the matches where you get a lobby wipe in under 8 minutes because nobody was doing anything.

This, and usually the Jason player is beating their chest thinking they're that damn good. 😄

On 8/30/2020 at 11:45 AM, Somethin Cool said:

In pubs I play random Jason. Always double trap the phone and at a minimum place one trap on the car closest to the exit. I don't even go for the Tommy box anymore. Since the mask update I've only been demasked twice and haven't been killed yet.

In tournaments, I play the same way. In my opinion trapping the shack is the single biggest waste of a trap. If it's even slightly misplaced it's not effective. In the time it takes to properly set a trap in the doorway, you could have hit the Tommy box before the counselors got the call off. 

Only if you get the right box on the first Morph. If you don't, and someone goes for the sweater very early, there's nothing to deter or slow them down. Why some of you guys insist that trapping the shack is pointless is beyond me, but it's not. At the very least, you've cost somebody a med-spray (or some health if the trap doesn't cripple them) and if your Morph was ready when they stepped in it, you have a good chance of catching them before they're out of the trap. Even if they just tank it, grab the sweater, and haul ass, again... you've still cost them supplies, and any resources you can deprive counselors of is a good thing.

If your mask is already off then, if nothing else, the trap prevents you from getting Surprise Motherfucker!'ed by a counselor with your mask in their inventory.