Who is the best Jason?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your killers!

I realized that there has been a thread for this awhile back but i wanted to resurrected it now & know if anyone's opinions changed since then.

Anywho with the variety of Jason's we have including Uber Jason (as his stats have been shown along with gameplay thanks to pc players in offline mode so we can get the gist of what he's like) who is the best Jason? Now opinionated i know but keep in mind this is mean't for fun & only to explain why you think a certain Jason is the best so don't go fanboy over it & keep it civil.☺️

My list can go for a top 5 but the Jason's that top them & rival each other in a nutshell are ones i don't have & they are ...

Savini Jason

latest?cb=20190122070407

& Uber Jason

Er0zZE3.png

Weird i know but let me explain 

Savini is basically pt.4 but better as he has +Shift as an ability which will recharge faster than normal allowing you to get places faster or shift grab a unsuspecting counselor whose far away, 5 traps which is always good allowing crowd control, & Weapon Strength + Destruction which is the cherry on top for this Jason.

Uber Jason like Savini is in parallel to pt.3 as they're very similar but Uber is better as he has +Stun Resistance which is always good, Destruction a no brainer, & Grip strength making it difficult for counselors to break & preform a hands on kill or environmental kill.

Overall i think the non-running Jason's are the best as they have some of the better abilities & offer a challenge when going up against counselors who have have high stamina & speed but what about you guys?

Also if anyone cares about the other Jason's on my list that go in order

Part.8

Part.3

Part.5

Ewe... (Sound of Hands ringing together) I'm going to exclude Savini as he's the obvious number one, but not everybody has him. His only real drawback is if you're not good with shift, as then he's really at the same level as 8 or 6. In the hands of any good Jason Player though, Savini is the beast among beasts.

I'm going to vote for part 8 though, if you weren't a backer or obtained Savini illegally. With his destruction and decent shift, you can pressure counselors almost as well as a running Jason,  and his stalk is a Ninja Jason's dream.

Part 6 is solid if you don't mind spending half the match breaking down doors, and 3 is very well balanced as the starter Jason should be. Special shout out to Roy though. Not everyone can use him properly, but in the right hands, Roy can be an absolute beast. His only draw back is that mask still comes off easy, making him vulnerable to kill squads. 

• Like 1

Random is the best Jason. Set it to random. You'll quickly become a better Jason because of it. After all, the player is what truly makes any Jason varient better than another.

9 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Uber is better as he has +Stun Resistance which is always good, Destruction a no brainer, & Grip strength making it difficult for counselors to break & preform a hands on kill or environmental kill.

Stun resistance is a false stat. It was never coded into the game. There is no such thing. Grip strength is also a worthless stat. From the looks of those stats, Uber Jason is nothing more than part 8s physically challenged baby sister.

16 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

I realized that there has been a thread for this awhile back but i wanted to resurrected it now & know if anyone's opinions changed since then.

Anywho with the variety of Jason's we have including Uber Jason (as his stats have been shown along with gameplay thanks to pc players in offline mode so we can get the gist of what he's like) who is the best Jason? Now opinionated i know but keep in mind this is mean't for fun & only to explain why you think a certain Jason is the best so don't go fanboy over it & keep it civil.☺️

My list can go for a top 5 but the Jason's that top them & rival each other in a nutshell are ones i don't have & they are ...

Savini Jason

latest?cb=20190122070407

& Uber Jason

Er0zZE3.png

Weird i know but let me explain 

Savini is basically pt.4 but better as he has +Shift as an ability which will recharge faster than normal allowing you to get places faster or shift grab a unsuspecting counselor whose far away, 5 traps which is always good allowing crowd control, & Weapon Strength + Destruction which is the cherry on top for this Jason.

Uber Jason like Savini is in parallel to pt.3 as they're very similar but Uber is better as he has +Stun Resistance which is always good, Destruction a no brainer, & Grip strength making it difficult for counselors to break & preform a hands on kill or environmental kill.

Overall i think the non-running Jason's are the best as they have some of the better abilities & offer a challenge when going up against counselors who have have high stamina & speed but what about you guys?

Also if anyone cares about the other Jason's on my list that go in order

Part.8

Part.3

Part.5

Can't get Uber unless you hack and break the TOS, why is he even an option?

Part IV Jason has the most awesome weapon out of all of them and I love his destruction & weapon strength abilities. It sucks that he's ultra-slow in the water though. That's the worst fuck-up by the devs.

Part 8 Jason is not only my favorite to play as but he is also the one that worries me the most when I am a counselor.   I typically don't bother looking at player levels but when I see a Part 8 with blood on him and/or a swapped weapon then I know this Jason knows what he is doing and escaping will be much harder. 

Savini is up there as well but if the map has a boat on it then Savini's water weakness can be exploited.  I also find that Savini is a kill-squad magnet.  That isn't to say he is easy to kill.  I just find people are much more motivated to try and kill a Savini Jason than they are the rest of 'em.

34 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I also find that Savini is a kill-squad magnet.  That isn't to say he is easy to kill.  I just find people are much more motivated to try and kill a Savini Jason than they are the rest of 'em.

The only time I’ll get the sweater & try for the J-kill is if it’s a Savini. 

As for the topic I prefer part 3, no weaknesses in traps, shift or morph & his weapon strength helps to deal with fighters & kill squads. I normally stick to random but If it’s a lobby full of 150 Vanessa’s then I’ll probably change it to part 3. 

I’ve never played Savini so can’t offer an opinion on him. Although his stats are somewhat similar to part 4 I’d imagine he feels more like playing as part 8 just with a better shift & weapon strength. 

Part 5. His pros and cons are forgiving enough that you can maintain a consistent kill speed throughout the match. The other Jasons might be great at killing a lot in a short span by spamming shift but then they have to wait for the cooldown. With Part 5's run and extra throwing knives, he has more tools at his disposal for pressuring counselors than other Jasons.

• Like 1

I think the best Jasons are the ones with more shift, then Jason that have more weapon strength, then the rest. 

Shift is the most optimal way to pressure the counselor's stam, and weapon strength is really good on combat; a good Jason needs to have "more" on at least one of these, the other strengths are just extras.

Part 9 is my fav.

• Like 1

That’s a tough one. Part 6 & 8, were my mains. Mixing it up lately...with Part 3 and Savini. 

4 hours ago, Carlso said:

I think the best Jasons are the ones with more shift, then Jason that have more weapon strength, then the rest. 

Shift is the most optimal way to pressure the counselor's stam, and weapon strength is really good on combat; a good Jason needs to have "more" on at least one of these, the other strengths are just extras.

Part 9 is my fav.

I Agree for the most part. I'll take a good shift over the light jog any day. Running as Jason is an overrated strength anyway, and rarely helps unless your chasing a newbie who doesn't know how to manage their stamina, and if that's the case, you don't need to be able to run to catch them anyway. Good luck trying to stop the car if you have a crappy shift. Better hope the guy behind the wheel can't drive or you get the perfect morph

That's what makes Savnini so dangerous in the hands of a good Jason, and sometimes even an average one. Great shift, weapon strength, destruction... Talk about the ability to pressure a counselor. Good thing that half the people who run him don't know how to use him effectively.

I've been noticing that the Part IV Jason has been slower in the water than usual the last time I went in the water as him. Has the devs been messing with him since I've complained about it I wonder. If so that makes them cunts.

I'm in the distinct minority in voting for Part 2. His quick morph and 7 traps are the utmost in objective control, plus running ability. While he has a glass jaw, that to me is more than compensated for with his morph.  Part 8 and Part 3 are strong seconds. I groan a little when I am a counselor and I face either Part 8 or Part 9. I used to be wary of Part 4 but now I know his major weaknesses are easily exploited,  unless you're the last survivor.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

I'd say a this point Savini and Part3 are the ones that separated themselves from the rest.  Part 3 is so balanced, has no weakness (baked in ones are negligible), while Savini is just radical.  Savini does have some weakness, (Catching an boat can be a pain but it's situational, and can't run makes evading harder in combat) but he evaporates doors w/ DT and +Shift is one of the two most strongest Jason strength (the other is weapon strength, which both has).  Part 3 is easier to play if your an inexperienced Player, but Savini is down right lethal in the hands of an tactical player. 

I think the better question is, which Jason is best, based on your play style?

I enjoy Part 8 myself.

Part 3, Part 6, and Part 8 jason are my favorite jason. But no matter what Jason you give me, I'll still play well with him, because I've practiced. I've played with every jason many times. I know which Jason will use which tactic.

On 9/4/2020 at 4:15 PM, GeneiJin said:

I'd say a this point Savini and Part3 are the ones that separated themselves from the rest.  Part 3 is so balanced, has no weakness (baked in ones are negligible), while Savini is just radical.  Savini does have some weakness, (Catching an boat can be a pain but it's situational, and can't run makes evading harder in combat) but he evaporates doors w/ DT and +Shift is one of the two most strongest Jason strength (the other is weapon strength, which both has).  Part 3 is easier to play if your an inexperienced Player, but Savini is down right lethal in the hands of an tactical player. 

if a jason has no weaknesses is that balanced?

4 hours ago, 82912 said:

Yes because his strengths aren't all that impressive to be honest. He's just neutral.

On 9/10/2020 at 2:50 AM, 82912 said:

No... IMO. Balanced would imply that Jason's Strengths are equal to, or at least close to, his Weaknesses. In this game some strengths and weaknesses are more impactful than others e.g. Weapon Strength, Traps (which I call majors) are more character enhancing/diminishing than Grip Strength or Sense (minors). So taking into account the fact that Stun Resistance does not work as a strength or weakness in the game, Part 3 J only has 2 minor weaknesses that are very easily negated; hense why he is seen to have no real weakness. The same can be said for Part 5 - his lower HP would only be highly detrimental to a player that does not utilise Block effectively. Part 7 also has -Stun Resistance as a fake weakness, but his -Traps is a very real and major weakness.