Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Deano78

Is hitting the Start button difficult?

Recommended Posts

I know this has been raised before but it's gone beyond a joke. Just been in around 7+ lobbies and each one the timer was around 2 or 3 mins. Each lobby had at least one or two people who would not hit the start button? I really don't get the point of sitting there like a jerk making everyone wait for the full count down? Do you want to play or not? So many annoying people online tonight. 

And if you are doing something else leave the lobby until you are ready. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch videos on your phone. That's what I do to wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Deano78 said:

I'm there to play the game, not waste time waiting. 

People are brain-dead alright. It's like being behind someone at a stop light when the light turns green and they just sit there & don't move.

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, timer says I've got 2 minutes. I wanna make a sandwich? I've got two minutes. Can't wait? Then grow up, cause its 2 minutes. Wanna start clicking like a maniac hoping I'll ready up? Then I'm going to run every second off that clock.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deano78 said:

I know this has been raised before but it's gone beyond a joke. Just been in around 7+ lobbies and each one the timer was around 2 or 3 mins. Each lobby had at least one or two people who would not hit the start button? I really don't get the point of sitting there like a jerk making everyone wait for the full count down? Do you want to play or not? So many annoying people online tonight. 

And if you are doing something else leave the lobby until you are ready. 

Is waiting 2-3 minutes going to change that much in your life?  you must be one of those new generation of kids who have to have it now or you throw a tantrum..... learn patience 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SDA said:

Meh, timer says I've got 2 minutes. I wanna make a sandwich? I've got two minutes. Can't wait? Then grow up, cause its 2 minutes. Wanna start clicking like a maniac hoping I'll ready up? Then I'm going to run every second off that clock.

I agree with you 100% it’s always the young kids who have to mash the ready button, they are Also the 1st ones to leave the second they get killed.... I always make them wait 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the players troll or team in the game in addition to making anyone wait? A buddy messaged me about that. I suspect the two issues could be related.

@TedWhiteJ4, I agree a little patience goes a long way. On the other hand, the six weeks of the game held hostage by hackers has given choice players withdrawal symptoms. They want their fix.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Do the players troll or team in the game in addition to making anyone wait? A buddy messaged me about that. I suspect the two issues could be related.

@TedWhiteJ4, I agree a little patience goes a long way. On the other hand, the six weeks of the game held hostage by hackers has given choice players withdrawal symptoms. They want their fix.

 

Again .... I’m a firm believer of patience, it’s a game not  a type 1 diabetic needing an insulin shot, also 8 out of 10 times people who do this quit when they are killed or are trolls.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

Again .... I’m a firm believer of patience, it’s a game not  a type 1 diabetic needing an insulin shot, also 8 out of 10 times people who do this quit when they are killed or are trolls.

Then the other 2 out of 10 times, they likely play as intended. It should be the other way around.

We all know it's a game, but some people are quite addicted to it. Having to wait kills them on the inside.

I agree that more patience is needed, but impatient players aren't going to learn patience overnight. If they haven't learn to have patience by now, they probably never will.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SDA said:

Meh, timer says I've got 2 minutes. I wanna make a sandwich? I've got two minutes. Can't wait? Then grow up, cause its 2 minutes. Wanna start clicking like a maniac hoping I'll ready up? Then I'm going to run every second off that clock.

Nothing to do with patience, 7 lobbies in a row all have people 1-2 making everyone wait. No doubt sitting there watching the timer tick down just because they can! 

I'll wait 30-40 seconds when it's clear they are just being annoying on purpose I'll leave. Have respect for other people. Do you want to play the game or not? 

If you away making a sandwich? Leave the lobby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

Is waiting 2-3 minutes going to change that much in your life?  you must be one of those new generation of kids who have to have it now or you throw a tantrum..... learn patience 

Wasted around 10mins to get a game last night, 7 lobbies in a row? What are they waiting for? How about a bit of respect for the other 6 or 7 players you're forcing to wait or is that a new generation thing? You want to play the game or not. No doubt sitting there watching the timer tick down just because you can. What's the point? Learn some respect. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

I agree with you 100% it’s always the young kids who have to mash the ready button, they are Also the 1st ones to leave the second they get killed.... I always make them wait 

I find it's normally those who make everyone else wait the full timer quit the second the game starts actually or rage quit. They tend to enjoy annoying other people it seems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to see a full lobby that's readied up except for the person choosing the map.  But I see tons of people who can't wait for a few goddamn minutes without clicking like a gooddamn autistic kid without their fidget spinners while other players choose their counselors.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every single lobby that I go at least one person doesn't hit start. Get used to it, it is how things work on QP since the beginning of the game. I once was that guy that got mad and start smashing the button, now I don't even care anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This argument again seriously? Look, nobody likes the one guy who refuses to ready up when the rest of the lobby is ready to go. I know several people personally who will bleed the timer dry specifically to troll the rest of the lobby and annoy people. I only get several hours to actually play a night,  so I'm particularly sensitive to time management, but I've learned to live with it. It's just something you have to deal with in this game, and the alternatives don't really save you all that much time.

You know what I hate just as much as the guy who doesn't want to ready up though? I could care less about button spammers, but it's the asshole or holes with Mics yelling 'Ready Up Bitch' the second I drop into the lobby. Sorry, but I don't ready up immediately. I like to scout the lobby first to check for potential kill squads or trolls, and sometimes even change my character if the lobby needs some balancing. It takes all of thirty seconds and then I ready up. If I have a bunch of obnoxious twats cussing and yelling at me though, that's the one occasion I'm going to bleed that fucking clock dry. I don't start shit with anyone, but I will definitely give it right back.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deano78 said:

Wasted around 10mins to get a game last night, 7 lobbies in a row? What are they waiting for? How about a bit of respect for the other 6 or 7 players you're forcing to wait or is that a new generation thing? You want to play the game or not. No doubt sitting there watching the timer tick down just because you can. What's the point? Learn some respect. 

I am guessing the majority of them are AFK.  Thats why a lot of times those same people leave the match early.  Its because they timed out.  Only a few of 'em are actually being dicks.  The rest are AFK, rolling perks, on their phone, whatever.  Hell, Ive forgotten I was even playing the game a few times. :P

What I WOULD like to see change is the Timer be 3mins no matter what.  What annoys me is the timer reseting to 1min each time someone new joins the lobby.   Just have the late-comers join after the loading screen.

Another pet-peeve is people fast clicking or yelling to ready up when there are less than 30 seconds left on the timer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2020 at 9:01 PM, Fair Play said:

Then the other 2 out of 10 times, they likely play as intended. It should be the other way around.

We all know it's a game, but some people are quite addicted to it. Having to wait kills them on the inside.

I agree that more patience is needed, but impatient players aren't going to learn patience overnight. If they haven't learn to have patience by now, they probably never will.

No people dont lean patience overnight, but wont lean at all if they dont have to do it.... I make them do it..... you are welcome

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

No people dont lean patience overnight, but wont lean at all if they dont have to do it.... I make them do it..... you are welcome

Forcing people to be patient works about as well as forcing people to play the game as one feels it should be played.

In my experience, maybe 10% of the time, I find a player who seems to take the whole timer. It's typically a verbally abusive "adult" of sorts. I give them the benefit of the doubt, until I have reason to feel otherwise. If I suspect it to be a dick of a player, I kill them first as Jason.

Thankfully, there are players out there that get matches started, rather than holding people up to the point of frustration.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm usually fine either way. There's plenty of times when a round ends that I'm happy to have a couple mins to run to the restroom, pour some coffee, throw laundry in the dryer, or whatever. If I've got nothing that needs doing I'll ready up immediately. Just depends on the day really. The only time I defiantly stay unready is when some jerkoff starts spamming within two seconds of entering the lobby. I'll make those goofs wait every time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most annoying thing is, they don't press the ready button, they leave the room just when the game starts. It's a waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

The only time I defiantly stay unready is when some jerkoff starts spamming within two seconds of entering the lobby. I'll make those goofs wait every time.

that makes two of us.

just last night, some dong was doing this soon as they entered. it was only me & my 2 friends in the lobby at the time. i said F this im not playing with that spaz. we left & loaded into another lobby... the same lobby... & they were STILL doing it even tho they were alone with one other person.... drives me nuts. tap tap tap tap enough with the tapping! thats all im saying is just stop with the tapping!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

it was only me & my 2 friends in the lobby at the time.

That, and I also love it when someone else in the lobby feels challenged to out-spam the spammer and they join in, and both proceed to cripple the ready button till the final countdown. Those moments I've actually taken the time to connect my headset, switch party chat over to prioritize game chat just long enough to say "You pussies done?", ala this video; https://youtu.be/XmQ9hdvpO4g?t=717

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...