Sign in to follow this  
bryanp3692

This is why i can't stand party chat and "friend" parties

This is a conversation with a i had after a game with a guy on my friends list who was in a party playing against me . This took place on another site .

Hey , just played a game with your party of 4 , you guys kicked out the Tommy because him and i killed your friend that has Savini jason ! Its mari oo or something like that .Funny shit . The guys in with you until he kills one of you ! come on man .

I didn’t kick anyone wasn’t in charge of party not my say so I didn’t participate in the kill cause I’m an stn main so but also the tommy didn’t want to kill any other Jason but her since she has savini which is kinda dirty to do to your friend and not have your preference on Jason where we can return the favor

You see thats why people dislike these parties and you guys staying in party chat , all these inside "rules" then when another member of the party wants too play correct she throws him out of the party ! come on .

it’s not playing a correct way it’s called not do your friends dirty lmao

It's a video game bro . You guys play in a party of 4 but you cant kill each other ? She has Savni and cant beat up the lobby when two of you aren't even helping ! everyone is 150 , who cares . Just strange man , no big deal.

well it is a big deal since you mentioned me in a comment it’s called a respect thing

I mentioned you because we are on each others friends list and clearly i know you're an avid forum member and noticed you not helping kill your fellow "party' chat member ! Respect? respect the game not party chat members ! Once again this is why people can't stand parties ! We can agree too disagree , kiss savini for me .
Edit or delete this

In a nut shell a party of 4 , they have an unwritten rule they wont kill each other ! low and behold one comes back as Tommy and decides he wants too kill his "friend" because she has Savini , s him and I go too work as the other friends just watch , as we are doing this said Tommy and party chat friend gets kicked out of the party ! lol , so we proceed to kill her(Savini) and the 3 take off and leave said 4th friend left in the lobby ! lol   

Usually I LIKE to kill my friends. When I am in a party with my friend and I am Jason, my palm sweat cuz I know they will do everything to tea bag and dance on my dead body. That is lame and weird.

Another thing that I think is very lame is friends in parties that don't let anyone besides themselves get in the car. The objective of the game is to make the max number of counselors survive. Doesn't matter if you escaped with your friend or not, if Jason killed most of the counselors and didn't die he basically won, and you, as a counselor lost. 

I'm not even going to talk about counselors that help their Jason friends to kill other counselors.

But not all friend parties are like that though, because I never did lame stuff while in parties and neither my friends.

• Like 1

Ugh, I hate party chat. For all the complaining on Xbox that nobody ever has a Mic, I usually tell them they do have mics, they're just almost always in their little groups on party chat. Not really an effective strategy in my book when you're leaving half of the lobby out of the loop when they could be helping you. My friends and I always use game chat. It's the best way to meet new cool people to play with, and to laugh at salty a-holes and cheaters. We use to play with one guy who always wanted to do party chat and we said, nah, you want to play with us, stay in game chat.

I'm not going to lie though. When I do play as Jason against friends, which is rare since I prefer to run counselors with my buddies,  odds are I'm not going to kill them unless they give me a reason to have too or when it's funny. That mentality does screw me over at times since they will get the cops called on occasion or escape in the 4-seater with a couple of rando's by that's on me for deciding to take it easy on them. I've always advocated that it's Jason's prerogative to kill or not kill whomever he pleases.

Now for the example at the top this thread, that is some straight up bull crap. If one of my friends had decided to do this to me or vice-versa, we would've thought it was hilarious and honestly would kind of be expecting it. We also know to keep it in the back of our minds that we're going to get a receipt for it later, but we can do that kind of crap to each other and laugh about it rather than getting butt-hurt.

I had a similar experience. Some kids invited me to their chat when they saw I had a Savini Jason, and in a following match were surprised when I started killing them instead of let them escape. Gotta love these unspoken bro rules.😕

3 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I've always advocated that it's Jason's prerogative to kill or not kill whomever he pleases.

But isn't the objective of playing as Jason to try to kill everyone? 

48 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

I had a similar experience. Some kids invited me to their chat when they saw I had a Savini Jason, and in a following match were surprised when I started killing them instead of let them escape. Gotta love these unspoken bro rules.😕

Of course, and when I'm playing solo that usually is my goal... But if I decide I want to let somebody live for one reason or another I will. I have all my achievements and I don't need the kills, so my main objective is just to have fun. Sometimes that means slaughtering the entire lobby, sometimes it's a good one-on-one battle with a really good counselor at the end of the match, and sometimes it's shooting the shit with a group of entertaining miced players who aren't completely sure I'm not going to kill them when I get the chance. (Honestly sometimes I'm not sure myself yet 😁) Sometimes it's walking side-by-side with a limping Lachappa desperately trying to make it to the police exit who is probably convinced I'm going to slash him to death at any second. Sometimes not killing people can be just as fun as murdering everyone. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing that 8/8 as much as anyone, but I don't get butt-hurt if one or two people escape either.

• Confused 1

Party Chat is annoying as hell.  Its just constant noise and half the time I have no idea who people are even talking to.

I am often the "Random" that joins a group of friends' lobby.  The thing that annoys me the most is they often act like Im not even there.  Cars drive by you without stopping.  Jasons tunnel you.  Kill Squads wander around with the fuse /keys in their pocket. 

#RANDOM LIVES MATTER!!

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I amften the "Radom" that joins a group of friends' lobby.  The thing that annoys me the most is they often act like Im not even there. 

Ugh, I forgot about that. I love it when I'm trying to figure out where the fuse house is, or trying to answer somebody else about the fuse or keys and the whole lobby ignores me because I'm not part of their clique. Or maybe they just can't hear me over the five or six people screaming into their Mics over how one of them gets diarrhea every time they eat Taco Bell... I wish that was a joke, but it's not. I love playing with people with Mics, but when the entire lobby is talking, sometimes that isn't always a good thing. 

• Like 1

Ya, it sucks when you run into a lobby where people are just playing to basically “hang out” with each other and have a laugh at other people’s expense.
Also, if you have four or five people in party chat, it’s extremely easy to escape. No challenge at all. Definitely not my style of gaming. 

People have different sets of unspoken rules for this game. I agree Party Chat shouldn't be used with the game, but people will do as they please. It sucks, but it happens.

People I regularly play with have a primary rule. Play as intended, or don't play at all.

Jason doesn't play favorites, but will make the effort to kill everyone at some point in the match.

Counselors don't help Jason, or screw each other over. If you lone wolf, that's on you, but don't screw others over.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Pyegow said:

Ya, it sucks when you run into a lobby where people are just playing to basically “hang out” with each other and have a laugh at other people’s expense.
Also, if you have four or five people in party chat, it’s extremely easy to escape. No challenge at all. Definitely not my style of gaming. 

What makes it even more sad is all parties involved were 150 and maxed out , said Jason had and used Savini ! and we still killed her with TWO people as the other two "friends" refused to help because of rules and two squeakers just hid , sad. Just reading the responses from a player involved you can tell we are dealing with cellar adults , that reminds me too delete of my friends list .  

My friend and I play and we have no qualms about killing each other or leaving the otherbbehind.  🤣

Friend or not, the game is about working together/killing everyone.  So it sucks when you get parties like that.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:12 AM, aurllcooljay said:

Regarding Jason gameplay, that is how the game is set up, yes.  But if one doesn't care about optimizing the filling of their experience bar, then killing is kind of secondary to their fun with the game.

I completely understand.  That's exactly why I don't join parties I don't know. Last time I did all I got was toxicity.  I prefer simple QP and let the game unfold, survive or die.

5 hours ago, UnvoicedApollo said:

Regarding Jason gameplay, that is how the game is set up, yes.  But if one doesn't care about optimizing the filling of their experience bar, then killing is kind of secondary to their fun with the game.

The problem with that is you can get accused of teaming. It's understandable if it's obvious you just want to mess with the counselors, but then it can get to the point where everyone else is spectating the rest of the match and just want it to end.

As a Twitch streamer on ps4 I have to use the party system to capture my friend's voices. But if I become Jason I hunt everyone equally. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 1:20 AM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Of course, and when I'm playing solo that usually is my goal... But if I decide I want to let somebody live for one reason or another I will. I have all my achievements and I don't need the kills, so my main objective is just to have fun. Sometimes that means slaughtering the entire lobby, sometimes it's a good one-on-one battle with a really good counselor at the end of the match, and sometimes it's shooting the shit with a group of entertaining miced players who aren't completely sure I'm not going to kill them when I get the chance. (Honestly sometimes I'm not sure myself yet 😁) Sometimes it's walking side-by-side with a limping Lachappa desperately trying to make it to the police exit who is probably convinced I'm going to slash him to death at any second. Sometimes not killing people can be just as fun as murdering everyone. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing that 8/8 as much as anyone, but I don't get butt-hurt if one or two people escape either.

You know... you sound a lot like me. 

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You know... you sound a lot like me. 

Then that means you probably have more fun playing this game than the average Jason. I've gotta couple of screen captures buried somewhere that look like this. 😂  I like shift grabbing Chad's or Vanessa's in front of the exit (anyone who can't break free worth a crap) and casually walk them to the exit, especially if their Miced. It's hilarious listening to them go from cussing or panicking to completely confused. I don't have any problem with anyone who doesn't like the way I play Jason, just don't be ridiculous and act like everyone else is entitled to play the way you think the game should be played. Each Jason has his own style, just like the Counselors do.

3 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Then that means you probably have more fun playing this game than the average Jason. I've gotta couple of screen captures buried somewhere that look like this. 😂  I like shift grabbing Chad's or Vanessa's in front of the exit (anyone who can't break free worth a crap) and casually walk them to the exit, especially if their Miced. It's hilarious listening to them go from cussing or panicking to completely confused. I don't have any problem with anyone who doesn't like the way I play Jason, just don't be ridiculous and act like everyone else is entitled to play the way you think the game should be played. Each Jason has his own style, just like the Counselors do.

I really don't care if all of you escape as long as I get some LOLZ out of the deal. I told this story before, but if I'm Jason twice in a row, I tend to try and let everyone escape the second round. A while back I had that exact thing happen (first round everyone died, so I told them they could escape at the start of the second). I dumped all five traps right at the shack entrance and was heading off to go troll them a little when I see an A.J. come running down the hill toward the shack (Pack small, N. spawn location) She runs right by me, steps in the traps, heals, steps in another trap, heals, runs inside, grabs the sweater, and hauls ass. It was so amusing I just let her take off with it.

I get a message from her asking if they could get a Jason-kill since I was letting them go anyway, so I told her sure. They call the cops, a couple of them escape, a Buggzy and Fox get the mask off and we're all hanging around by the police exit waiting for Tommy. He runs up, shoots me, and hauls ass to the cops, completely ignoring sweater-girl and the 3-4 other people trying to get his attention. It was one of the few times I ever actually felt sorry for a kill-squad/wannabe kill-squad.

• Like 1