Tech or Cheat?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think things like the Speed Shift or Ghosting are?

• Techs
    • Cheats

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah there's probably ten players I know that are pretty good at it, but you still have to land the grab. 

I think that's the part a lot of people don't quite understand. Say you're facing a kill squad who has already broken your mask and called Tommy. You know the next stop is your shack, so you head over and trap the entrance. Potential Sweater Girl and Tommy show up, and you decide to body block the entrance and abduct PSG or Tommy when they step in the trap.

Cleaver idea, I'll give you that much... but what happens if you miss the grab or input? You've just guaranteed they're getting the sweater and there isn't shit you can do about it.

43 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm sure there are people who can perform Abduction like they were the one that invented it, but I can't pull it off unless the counselor is standing completely still for several seconds (thus why I only do it to counselors who are either giving up, or who weren't going to be killed in the first place)

To claim Side-Shifting is an exploit is just laughable. The only benefit of Side/Wedge/Wobble Shifting is slightly better control of your Shift. Speed Shifting gives you a little bit of extra distance and that's ALL, and is easier to avoid than regular Shifting since Jason stays visible a bit longer. 

On a different note, I would have thought that league games and tournaments would be the one place were any exploits of any kind would be banned. 

There are a few variations of abduction.  There is a "quick" abduct, but it will always bring you on same spot on the middle of the map.  I like to use, I guess it's called, "Ghost abduct" since I can choose to go anywhere I want, very useful when dealing with PK cloners or want a cool kill that isn't seen often, like the graveyard fence kill B). It takes me about maybe 30-45 frames (.5 -.75 seconds) to pull off, and I can usually do it on an counselor wiffed swing, an pined down counselors trying to be smart hiding behind a drawer, or if they are hold block for too long or after they block my slash and is stuck in recoil animation.

Some players on PC likes to complain about controller uses.  They bitch that strife-shift is an exploit and gives Jason unfair advantage.  I argue that the shift should be more controllable and thats exactly what strife-shift provides.  Counselors are faster than Jason, so his only direct advance tool to keep up with them should in full control of the player.  It's laughable that I get accused of being a try-hard for using a controller; I've been using controller on PC since day 1 in 2017.

Tournament player are big nerds (myself not excluded).  League rules parallel what I'm used to seeing in the FGC circuits.  Limit ban to only to exploits or strategy that actually has a determental impact to how the game play.  Jason picking up knives and down doors faster or defending himself setting traps doesn't offend this, nether does Spray-canceling or R1 cancel tech for counselors.  Abduction has been ban in some of the league game I've seen, but I'd argue it shouldn't since otherwise what other method Jason has to separating counselors when they stick together watching each others backs.  An entire group can just turtle up the entire game, there isn't enough knives to get through the durability of weapons while blocking + med+ TS, and if Jason slash he gets punished.

On a off note, that reminds me on another balancing request I had.  Nerf the durability of weapons when used for blocking.  Doesn't make sense logically that weapons break faster hitting Jason with it then attempting to block the hulking power of Jason swing, and pressures counselors players to pay more attention to how many swings are left factoring in what they blocked. I say make weapon durability reduce at the same rate blocked as a connected swing.

5 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I think that's the part a lot of people don't quite understand. Say you're facing a kill squad who has already broken your mask and called Tommy. You know the next stop is your shack, so you head over and trap the entrance. Potential Sweater Girl and Tommy show up, and you decide to body block the entrance and abduct PSG or Tommy when they step in the trap.

Cleaver idea, I'll give you that much... but what happens if you miss the grab or input? You've just guaranteed they're getting the sweater and there isn't shit you can do about it.

😉

6 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Exactly, there is a risk of missing the grab and putting yourself in an even bigger hole. 

On 8/29/2020 at 12:34 AM, Somethin Cool said:

You just solved your own problem. The tech is out there for anyone who cares to look for it. 

It's all good. I was just calling your bluff on the whole teaching thing. I guess that's 1 nil to me 😉

If I'm honest, all I want to do when I play this game now is have a laugh with mates/anyone in a lobby mature enough to have a laugh and taste the salty tears of a few trolls/ragers/teamers/exploiters. I only chose to learn the exploits in the game as a countermeasure sort of thing. But do I want to burn them into my brain so that it becomes the only way I know how to play? Nah.

50 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

@Somethin Cool Nice clutch play!!!

SG should have been using the sweater's "force field" if she going to be in the open like that, lol

Yeah I was proud of that one. Tbf that was one of those "bad ass" pub kill squads that thought they would take advantage of a low level Jason. I think I was under level 30 on that account at the time. They thought they were pretty cool when 5 of them grouped up and beat my mask of. So I figured I'd return the favor and deny them the satisfaction of getting the kill.

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah I was proud of that one. Tbf that was one of those "bad ass" pub kill squads that thought they would take advantage of a low level Jason. I think I was under level 30 on that account at the time. They thought they were pretty cool when 5 of them grouped up and beat my mask of. So I figured I'd return the favor and deny them the satisfaction of getting the kill.

Yea, from the looks of it I guessed it was a wannabee squad.  Doesn't take away from the clutch, :D

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

😉

Personally, I wouldn't do that to a kill squad just because I don't want to give them the excuse of "The only reason we didn't kill you is because you cheated!". That said, the video is hilarious, and I would have loved to hear the reactions from them.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Personally, I wouldn't do that to a kill squad just because I don't want to give them the excuse of "The only reason we didn't kill you is because you cheated!". That said, the video is hilarious, and I would have loved to hear the reactions from them.

Yeah but had they killed me it would have been just because 5 of them grouped together and took advantage of the fact that block is garbage in quick play. But that was an epic kill regardless.