What percentage of players that you have encountered are "toxic"?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of players that you have encountered in this game are "toxic"?

Ewe, that's a hard one. Depends on what you consider toxic I guess. Just based on my personal experiences, I'll usually run into one toxic person every couple of matches, and maybe a group of three or four every other night or so. Of course this only accounts for people who either have mics or are otherwise going out of their way to aggravate people. The Toxic players tend to be bored 150's who only get enjoyment out of ruining the game for other people, and mid-ranged players who are starting to get good, but are nowhere near as good as they think they are yet. 

This number has increased a lot in recent days. In one of the 2 games I play, I encounter players who cheat or team up with Jason. This situation is very boring. I am entering with my team of 5-6 people. We cut out the strangers who are a team, Jason, we call the rookie team, and they're out of the game. :)

Voted 1-20%. I think it comes down to players skill level a bit.

A newer player as Jason could struggle in a lobby and get knocked about and t-bagged all round & say the whole lobby is toxic. A good Jason could clear up that lobby and think nothing of it. 

Same goes playing as counsellor. An newer player might get abusive messages for not doing something the right way because they didn’t know how to yet. 

• Like 1

Generally, just noobs and kids are toxic. Trolling on the other hand, I find it half of the match. People trying to kill you with the car, Vanessas who find gas/battery and keep running around with them till they die. That sucks.

If you mean toxic as in little bedroom warriors who run their mouths over the mic, I voted 0% since I play the game in party chat and never hear them. Typical trolls who either cheat as counselors by helping Jason or Jason players who rely on exploits (some call them advanced Jason tactics 🙄) aka cheating, I'd say about 50-65% of the time. If I play ten matches in one night at least half have shady crap going on.

I don't bother with a mic most of the time so no idea what they are saying. A lot of quitters recently, including a couple of Jason players who weren't very good. 

Toxicity comes in many forms. A lot of perceived actions can be toxic to one and not so much to another.

Newer and less experienced players that get salty about losing can be toxic.

More experienced players can be toxic after a newer player costs them a match.

Bored players trolling others can be toxic.

Players unwilling to adapt and improve, expecting other players to let them win can be toxic.

There are probably a hundred or more conditions that can be deemed toxic.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Toxicity comes in many forms. A lot of perceived actions can be toxic to one and not so much to another.

Newer and less experienced players that get salty about losing can be toxic

More experienced players can be toxic after a newer player costs them a match.

Bored players trolling others can be toxicPlayers unwilling to adapt and improve, expecting other players to let them win can be toxic.

There are probably a hundred or more conditions that can be deemed toxic.

Very well said. Everyone's experience is different and unique to them, so it's no wonder the responses to this thread very so widely. I've logged over 1800 hours on this game, and in my experience, I'd have to say around 10-15% of the player base I've encounter is what I'd consider truly toxic. I've had plenty of nights on this game without having a single issue with a player I'd consider overly toxic. Anybody saying it's 40% or above is either having shit luck, or their definition of what makes a player toxic is too broad. Of course I'm only speaking from the Xbox side. It could be worse on Playstation or the Switch, or the PC I don't know. I can see where the environment for players on other platforms might feel more toxic than others, especially on PC where cheats and exploits appear more common. Of course this is also coming from someone who thrives in the ooze of other player's toxicity rather than getting bothered by it.

Honestly, if you voted more than 40% you are just being dramatic.  

The majority of players are just trying to play the game and have fun.  

I find these forums will often make mountains out of mole hills.  Toxic players suck.  But they do not make up more than 50% of player base.  LOL  (insert eyeroll)

• Like 1

This is one of several reasons I don't use a mic.   While the toxic players are outnumbered by the normal, they make themselves heard or known far more. When he couldn't reach me over the mic, a toxic player had to inbox me to bash me for being really good at trapping. However, I've also had inboxes from some really cool players too so to me it balances out.  Mostly. There have been times all I've wanted to do to reach through the screen and throttle the mouthy little bastards.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

I voted zero..

I have have different terms for people who act in a specific way.   (Some of those terms might get me modded)...    But i can't use the term toxic.

Toxic would be me.  I have massive sense of humor/no holds bared attitude.. and i will say and do anything to make people laugh or make them angry.  Depending on the situation.  But i need a spark to get me going.   

If you put me in the same party chat with someone whos considered toxic..  Id probably out shine them in pure toxicity.   

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/20/2020 at 1:20 AM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Of course this is also coming from someone who thrives in the ooze of other player's toxicity rather than getting bothered by it.

You sound like you keep your cool pretty well in the midst of a toxic situation. I like that.

Turning our attention to players who feel that people overreact in the midst of toxicity, I feel it's all in the eye of the beholder. No one is right or wrong in an opinion based poll.

On 8/20/2020 at 7:42 AM, SonofOdin6039 said:

This is one of several reasons I don't use a mic.   While the toxic players are outnumbered by the normal, they make themselves heard or known far more. When he couldn't reach me over the mic, a toxic player had to inbox me to bash me for being really good at trapping. However, I've also had inboxes from some really cool players too so to me it balances out.  Mostly. There have been times all I've wanted to do to reach through the screen and throttle the mouthy little bastards.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

Sounds like you take the good with the bad. I agree the good outweighs the bad.

On 8/20/2020 at 4:10 PM, HuDawg said:

Toxic would be me.  I have massive sense of humor/no holds bared attitude.. and i will say and do anything to make people laugh or make them angry.  Depending on the situation.  But i need a spark to get me going.

I admire your honesty.

• Like 4

I'm fairly new to the game.  Most people with mics have been cool.  There have been some talking trash but it usually doesn't go too far and to me, it's just humorous stuff.  But I suppose that doesn't necessarily make it less toxic for me.  

I've probably been lucky because I think I've encountered one troll (they were clearly running people over on purpose).  So, yeah, for me, very little toxicity.  

On 8/21/2020 at 7:48 AM, UnvoicedApollo said:

I'm fairly new to the game.  Most people with mics have been cool.  There have been some talking trash but it usually doesn't go too far and to me, it's just humorous stuff.  But I suppose that doesn't necessarily make it less toxic for me.  

I've probably been lucky because I think I've encountered one troll (they were clearly running people over on purpose).  So, yeah, for me, very little toxicity.  

Welcome to the forum and the game. It's good to hear that the game has been enjoyable so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This community has more toxic people than any game I’ve ever played. Excluding peeps on the forums mostly

I've returned to the game after a 3 month break.  The last two days I haven't experienced any trolls/teamers at all (minus the one player using the new rock glitch at Jarvis House). 

I'm impressed and happily surprised. 

11 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I've returned to the game after a 3 month break.  The last two days I haven't experienced any trolls/teamers at all (minus the one player using the new rock glitch at Jarvis House). 

I'm impressed and happily surprised. 

Welcome back.

• Like 3

Hard to say. I run into a lot of people who exploit. Is that toxic? I think it is. Others would say they are better at the game then I am because they know and use all the glitches. Are kill squads toxic? Hard to say. I don't think so. Some would say they are. Are cheaters toxic? I would say yes. But it's hard to say if people are cheating unless it is blatant.