Dunken

I'm officially retiring from Friday the 13th The Game

On 8/19/2020 at 2:06 PM, Strigoi said:

Its so hard for me to understand why there is no special promotions or anything put together for us fans.

Id love to see a Documentary of the beginnings of Gun media and the beginnings of how Friday the 13th the game came together and happened.

4 or 5 years in a row ive made a thread about Gun media maybe doing a special spooky Halloween broadcast.

You cant even find a Gun media t shirt for sale.

Just a simple t shirt that says Gun media on it.

Maybe Wes Keltner wants Gun media to be an underground company.

Maybe one year there will be a HUGE BROADCAST FOR HALLOWEEN With balloons and streamers,Jack o lanterns and engagement with the fans,questions and answers with forum members.

Questions for Wes Keltner like has he ever met The Akkad Brothers Malek and Taric.

How about this for a suggestion. If you want Gun Media to do all these things for their fans THEN YOU FUND IT!

You cover the cost for a GM documentary. You pay all the expenses and wages for GM employees to do a Halloween or Beyond broadcast. You hire a t-shirt printing company to mass-develope GM t-shirts and see how well they sell, because outside of employees I only see you wearing said t-shirt. Many of your requests have an expense tied to them and F13 is not making GM any more money, period. In fact, they are probably hemorrhaging money due to the deicated servers tbh. GM is a business and in order to stay in business they need to make calculated business decisions. It's has nothing to do with them not caring about the fans or wanting to remain "an underground company." What gaming company wouldn't like to have their title blow up like Fortnite? Matt has told you that they are working on a new project and it will be announced when the time is right - but not on this platform.

I've watch you regurgitate the same thing on this forum several times and gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time. But my question to you is: why do you keep asking for a broadcast when Matt (and others) have directly told you numerous times that everyone at GM is working from home during this pandemic so it's not possible? Are you able to confirm that you understand this and cease your requests? Secondly, I see that you still make posts relating to new F13 content. Do you understand that THE GAME IS PRETTY MUCH OVER BEYOND SUPPORT? Are you able to acknowledge and accept this? There will be no new stuff added to Friday the 13th: The Game! No blood-curdling screams for Halloween, no Jack-O'-Lanterns, no Frankenstein Jason, no nothing! As such, will you kindly stop repeatedly asking for new content to be added please?

It's clear there is an underlying personal matter that will probably make everything I've typed incomprehensible, and I don't mean to offend you. But I have been as patient as the next guy and bit my tongue for a long time when it comes to the suggestions you make... until now. By all means, please keep adding productive topics and posts to the forum, but I implore you to just think if what you are about to post has been asked and answered already. And if what you are posting is in keeping with the topic of the thread that you are posting in. Are you able to do this? Repetition can become boring and very agitating after a while.

Lastly, have you tried reaching out to Wes? You seem determined to want to know what he does day-to-day and his future plans in life, so maybe if you contacted him directly, politely asking for half an hour to an hour of his time he might be willing, with some leverage from Matt, to do a Skype/Zoom session with you at no charge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

How about this for a suggestion. If you want Gun Media to do all these things for their fans THEN YOU FUND IT!

You cover the cost for a GM documentary. You pay all the expenses and wages for GM employees to do a Halloween or Beyond broadcast. You hire a t-shirt printing company to mass-develope GM t-shirts and see how well they sell, because outside of employees I only see you wearing said t-shirt. Many of your requests have an expense tied to them and F13 is not making GM any more money, period. In fact, they are probably hemorrhaging money due to the deicated servers tbh. GM is a business and in order to stay in business they need to make calculated business decisions. It's has nothing to do with them not caring about the fans or wanting to remain "an underground company." What gaming company wouldn't like to have their title blow up like Fortnite? Matt has told you that they are working on a new project and it will be announced when the time is right - but not on this platform.

I've watch you regurgitate the same thing on this forum several times and gave you the benefit of the doubt for a long time. But my question to you is: why do you keep asking for a broadcast when Matt (and others) have directly told you numerous times that everyone at GM is working from home during this pandemic so it's not possible? Are you able to confirm that you understand this and cease your requests? Secondly, I see that you still make posts relating to new F13 content. Do you understand that THE GAME IS PRETTY MUCH OVER BEYOND SUPPORT? Are you able to acknowledge and accept this? There will be no new stuff added to Friday the 13th: The Game! No blood-curdling screams for Halloween, no Jack-O'-Lanterns, no Frankenstein Jason, no nothing! As such, will you kindly stop repeatedly asking for new content to be added please?

It's clear there is an underlying personal matter that will probably make everything I've typed incomprehensible, and I don't mean to offend you. But I have been as patient as the next guy and bit my tongue for a long time when it comes to the suggestions you make... until now. By all means, please keep adding productive topics and posts to the forum, but I encourage you to just think if what you are about to post has been asked and answered already. And if what you are posting is in keeping with the topic of the thread that you are posting in. Are you able to do this? Repetition can become boring and very agitating after a while.

Lastly, have you tried reaching out to Wes? You seem determined to want to know what he does day-to-day and his future plans in life, so maybe if you contacted him directly, politely asking for half an hour to an hour of his time he might be willing, with some leverage from Matt, to do a Skype/Zoom session with you at no charge.

I Understand what your saying.

I Understand and im able to comprehend that Gun media is doing absolutely nothing but fixing bugs in the friday the 13th game and nothing else but providing support for friday the 13th the game.

The last time we got a full sit down interview with Wes Keltner was a year ago in january 13th 2019.

heres the interview with Wes Keltner on Slash n cast.

I Didnt make a new thread for this post because everytime i make a thread 3 or 4 people complain and email Kodiak moderator to come to the forums and shut me down.

3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Understand what your saying.

I Understand and im able to comprehend that Gun media is doing absolutely nothing but fixing bugs in the friday the 13th game and nothing else but providing support for friday the 13th the game.

The last time we got a full sit down interview with Wes Keltner was a year ago in january 13th 2019.

heres the interview with Wes Keltner on Slash n cast.

I Didnt make a new thread for this post because everytime i make a thread 3 or 4 people complain and email Kodiak moderator to come to the forums and shut me down.

I'm glad you understand. And on that note, would it be safe to say that you won't be lobbying for new content to be added immediately after our "understanding"? Don't get me wrong, I can clearly see you are passionate about the game - I admire that. But watching you wishing to get blood out of a stone is very hard to observe.

As for the interview. If Wes has not done another sit down interview since Jan 2019 then surely you have to acknowledge that there is probably very good reason for him not doing so. My guess would be that he has discussed all there is to discuss regarding F13, continuing to do so would only serve to waste his and company time as nothing new can be implemented into the game, and he is currently working on a new project to move the company forward. A thriving business is a forward thinking business. Just ask Blockbuster Video's CEO. So if you are that anxious about GM's next project, unfortunately you're just going to have to wait like the rest of us.

As for your threads getting shut down. Kodiak always gives a clear reason as to why he closes your posts. The sooner you adhere to his reasonings/the forum rules, the less chance of him locking your threads. That makes perfect sense to me. As I said, you need to think about what you're posting before posting it. Has it been discussed and answered already? Is it against forum rules? Is it in the wrong topic section or off topic with the current thread? If you can answer 'no' to all 3 of those questions then I look forward to reading your fresh and insightful posts.

16 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

It's clear there is an underlying personal matter that will probably make everything I've typed incomprehensible, and I don't mean to offend you. But I have been as patient as the next guy and bit my tongue for a long time when it comes to the suggestions you make... until now. By all means, please keep adding productive topics and posts to the forum, but I encourage you to just think if what you are about to post has been asked and answered already. And if what you are posting is in keeping with the topic of the thread that you are posting in. Are you able to do this? Repetition can become boring and very agitating after a while.

@mattshotcha  is this true that Gun media shirts and documentaries are not worth the cost.

good t shirt designs sell very well.

especially horror t shirts.

@Strigoi for the last time please stop tagging Matt for trivial things.

Also, all this Halloween and merchandise stuff isn't related to the topic. Most of your posts recently have been about Halloween things or Gun doing X, Y and Z so just keep it to one topic only. You don't need to post in every thread.

• Thanks 1

@Strigoi bud, a lot of folks are trying to give the benefit of the doubt here and give you room to participate in the same way we expect of all other forums members. Hell, it's even clear that you are on a second account for reasons that are an infringement on the forum rules, yet we're letting it slide so that you can be a part of this community you clearly love. Please do try and take the mentions by Kodiak and others to heart and think about the post before posting.

That aside, yes it costs money to create those items and assets, but we actually DO create them. They're called promotional materials, and it's in the name. We're not currently in a promotional swing of any kind at Gun. We're currently head down, working from home, and trying to tackle things like repeated hacking attempts in our game.

Content in game aside, because I think you realize why we can't go plugging jack-o-lanterns into the game everywhere, the rest of what you mention like streams and video interviews etc would all fall under the category of promotional materials and/or live content. There will be time for that. Streams WILL be back, so will coverage. But not right now. 

And, frankly, creating a hundred posts on the forums requesting it is NOT a viable way to get them back. I am here to say I hear you, you want certain things from the franchise. I'm telling you why they aren't happening. You need to understand and accept the answer because simply disregarding and asking again is not going to get you a different answer and it's only going to create more friction.

On another note, I often refer to the difference between a community manager and a community developer. I hint at my job being a lot more than hanging around reading social media. I promise you that part of that is planning for ways to not only create a community around the things Gun works on, but to cultivate that community with events, items, etc etc. But I NEED you to understand that it's not something that is happening right now. Not tomorrow either. It needs to make sense within the overall plans and strategy for Gun as a studio.

Please do, take a beat, and think on this a little. I hope that you'll settle into a spot where you can participate in the overall Gun Community with less friction and less instances of these same issues cropping up. Because I can see the interest and devotion in you.

EDIT: We're so far off topic I almost forgot to say @Dunken if you change your mind, we'll be here. Thanks for the support.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 11:32 PM, Dunken said:

I wanna first say that although I have been playing this game since October 2018, I knew deep down that I wouldn't be playing this game for very long. My reason for retiring amounts to a lot of things but just a quick run down, here are the three main things: Very inconsistent updates from developers, very toxic community (especially from my experience on Xbox & PC), and overall, just a very lack-luster experience that has finally dawned on me while playing my last few matches on PC. I have so many wonderful memories with this game to share with you all but I would probably have to make a Movie trilogy to tell you guys all of it. Everything from roasting the shit out of that squeaker in the lobby that seriously needed an ego check, to killing that racist redneck in the lobby while he's Jason. And other funny moments like a part 6 tryhard Jason playing the song that goes "That's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it uh-huh uh-huh" while he goes around slaughtering everybody. I like to thank all of you guys who played with me in the past, good or bad. So farewell, and have good day.

From the way you describe everyone that’s not you, it sounds like you’re the toxic one, homie. I don’t like undesirable personalities in my games either, but I can’t blame the game for it. That’s a society thing. 

• Like 1

Although I'm not officially retiring from the game, I'm not playing it as much as I used to.  I'm playing Dead by Daylight more now.  I think the reason is because Dead by Daylight keeps creating new content that keeps the game fresh and exciting.  Recently, they introduced a new killer called the Blight and a new survivor named Felix Richter.  Both characters come with new perks too.  Although I haven't purchased nor played either character, their introduction does introduce a certain variety.  Their latest patch has also improved some of the animation and graphics.

I also think another reason why I don't play F13 as much as I used to is because once your reach level 150, there's nothing to look forward to except for maybe the opportunity to roll for better perks.  In my opinion, once you've reached level 150, the only reasons to play is either for the pure fun of it or to hang out with your online friends.  In fact, I've reached the point where some of my online friends have become more entertaining than the game itself.  A few of them have developed some great comedy routines!

Playing Dead by Daylight has really highlighted the importance of new content for me.  Without that, I would imagine a lot of people will lose interest in playing a game over time.  I know Gun's official position is no new content ever, but once the lawsuit is over, they might want to reconsider that position.  Although I doubt that they will based upon their most recent press release, but in my opinion, introducing new content will increase the longevity of the F13 game.

That's all I have to say.  Thanks for reading and peace out.