Dunken

I'm officially retiring from Friday the 13th The Game

I wanna first say that although I have been playing this game since October 2018, I knew deep down that I wouldn't be playing this game for very long. My reason for retiring amounts to a lot of things but just a quick run down, here are the three main things: Very inconsistent updates from developers, very toxic community (especially from my experience on Xbox & PC), and overall, just a very lack-luster experience that has finally dawned on me while playing my last few matches on PC. I have so many wonderful memories with this game to share with you all but I would probably have to make a Movie trilogy to tell you guys all of it. Everything from roasting the shit out of that squeaker in the lobby that seriously needed an ego check, to killing that racist redneck in the lobby while he's Jason. And other funny moments like a part 6 tryhard Jason playing the song that goes "That's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it uh-huh uh-huh" while he goes around slaughtering everybody. I like to thank all of you guys who played with me in the past, good or bad. So farewell, and have good day.

7 minutes ago, Dunken said:

I wanna first say that although I have been playing this game since October 2018, I knew deep down that I wouldn't be playing this game for very long. My reason for retiring amounts to a lot of things but just a quick run down, here are the three main things: Very inconsistent updates from developers, very toxic community (especially from my experience on Xbox & PC), and overall, just a very lack-luster experience that has finally dawned on me while playing my last few matches on PC. I have so many wonderful memories with this game to share with you all but I would probably have to make a Movie trilogy to tell you guys all of it. Everything from roasting the shit out of that squeaker in the lobby that seriously needed an ego check, to killing that racist redneck in the lobby while he's Jason. And other funny moments like a part 6 tryhard Jason playing the song that goes "That's the way uh-huh uh-huh I like it uh-huh uh-huh" while he goes around slaughtering everybody. I like to thank all of you guys who played with me in the past, good or bad. So farewell, and have good day.

This is all quite understandable & I salute you for putting up with it 2 years also I wish you the best of luck & happiness.ūüėĀ

• Like 1

I would not be able to stand all of the rude pricks in the online multiplayer format of the game at all.

3 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

I would not be able to stand all of the rude pricks in the online multiplayer format of the game at all.

Unfortunately, that's something you'll run into eventually with any online game. It seems as though some individuals live just to harass others. 

There was a time when I thought I would retire, but actually I just did a big pause. I play this game since mid-2017ish. When the lawsuit thing came in 2018 I got really frustrated and uninstalled the game, I thought it would be forever. Mid-2019ish I didn't resist and came back just because of the nostalgia. I'm playing every day since then. This game is good, although it has various problems it is still good. It's enjoyable to play. I'm 60% sure that all you need is a pause, and then the game will be fun again.

• Like 1

Everyone probably takes a break from the game from time to time, but all it takes is one viewing of one of the movies or even a trailer for the upcoming Halloween movie and BAM!  You gotta fire it up and get some killing (or escaping) in. It happens all the time for me with Halo, Resident Evil, Star Wars Battlefront, and of course, Friday the 13th.  You can try to fight it, but in the end...the thirst always wins.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Like 1

if you think this is "toxic" (hades, why do people use this word), you must not play many videogames then.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

if you think this is "toxic" (hades, why do people use this word), you must not play many videogames then.

This is honestly the only game i have ever played with interaction and a mic , are they all really as bad or worse ?  

39 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

This is honestly the only game i have ever played with interaction and a mic , are they all really as bad or worse ?  

F13 was also my first game that I interacted with people over a mic. After playing Predator Hunting Grounds, I can honestly say that the toxicity over the mic from other players on F13 is elementary school level compared to PHG.

• Like 1

I've tried to semi-retire from this game several times. Never lasts more then an couple weeks before I get sucked back in. I have too much fun with the game to let toxic a-holes ruin it for me. I've developed a thick-skin over the years, and learned to thrive on trying to show up cheaters an pricks. My only compliant is so many of them are too chicken shit to stick around and take their ass-whooping. Sometimes you need to take a break though. When the game stops being fun, that's when you start to play like poop. 

@Dunken Have you tried blocking incoming messages in your console settings and muting all players in the lobby? 

You’ll be able to play without hearing anything from toxic players that way. Obviously it’s your choice if you want to retire from this game but the actions of others shouldn’t stop you from doing something you enjoy. 

I nearly stopped playing about 6months after the game was released. Had a player Ddos me & message me a load of shit like my location(atleast what he thought was my location) just cos he wanted to troll for his YT channel & things didn’t go how he wanted in game. 

Hey @Dunken! I understand that. Good travels, with whatever game you enjoy! I took a long break and have been playing again. I really missed it. Some games are great, others are a mess. You have this. Best wishes! ūü§ė

5 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

@Dunken Have you tried blocking incoming messages in your console settings and muting all players in the lobby? 

You’ll be able to play without hearing anything from toxic players that way. Obviously it’s your choice if you want to retire from this game but the actions of others shouldn’t stop you from doing something you enjoy.

This.

First thing I do when I fire up my PS4 is create a chat party. Adjusting chat settings to "prioritize party chat" ensures you'll never hear a peep from anyone (I assume Xbox has some kind of equivalent feature). It also saves you the task of having to mute every single person you encounter. This alone takes the game to a whole new level of enjoyment. Squeakers/trolls begone.

16 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

You will develop a pretty Thick Skin from playing this game. When playing similar games, the toxicity doesn't prove as burdensome.

16 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Unfortunately, that's something you'll run into eventually with any online game. It seems as though some individuals live just to harass others. 

Every online game I've played, has led to some encounter with some kind of unsavory individual.

Social mobile apps seem to be a whole lot worse overall.

12 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Some games are better than others. I think the toxic players in this game's community are some of the worst I've encountered in quite a while. Thankfully, not everyone is that bad.

4 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

First thing I do when I fire up my PS4 is create a chat party. Adjusting chat settings to "prioritize party chat" ensures you'll never hear a peep from anyone 

This is a very good suggestion.

• Like 3

Im beginning to get tired of Gun media and friday the 13th.

I Dont understand a company who refuses to engage and do new things for the fans.

Cant even get a Halloween special broadcast from Gun media.

I Cant understand why there is nothing year after year after year from Gun Media.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

19 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

II Don't understand a company who refuses to engage and do new things for the fans.

Literally nothing they can do new to this game because the lawsuit is still in effect (no jack-o-lanterns added, no changing the characters screams). What are your expectations of them?

Cant even get a Halloween special broadcast from Gun media.

Matt clearly said that he would love to do something like this, but they are all still having to work from home because of the pandemic. Again, what are your expectations of them?

I Cant understand why there is nothing year after year after year from Gun Media.

Game development takes time. They released Layers Of Fear 2 after F13, so they haven't went year after year with nothing new. As you have been told at least 50 times now, when they are ready to reveal what they are working on next, they will announce it then, but not beforehand.

37 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Its so hard for me to understand why there is no special promotions or anything put together for us fans.

Id love to see a Documentary of the beginnings of Gun media and the beginnings of how Friday the 13th the game came together and happened.

4 or 5 years in a row ive made a thread about Gun media maybe doing a special spooky Halloween broadcast.

You cant even find a Gun media t shirt for sale.

Just a simple t shirt that says Gun media on it.

Maybe Wes Keltner wants Gun media to be an underground company.

Maybe one year there will be a HUGE BROADCAST FOR HALLOWEEN With balloons and streamers,Jack o lanterns and engagement with the fans,questions and answers with forum members.

Questions for Wes Keltner like has he ever met The Akkad Brothers Malek and Taric.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Its so hard for me to understand why there is no special promotions or anything put together for us fans.

Id love to see a Documentary of the beginnings of Gun media and the beginnings of how Friday the 13th the game came together and happened.

4 or 5 years in a row ive made a thread about Gun media maybe doing a special spooky Halloween broadcast.

You cant even find a Gun media t shirt for sale.

Just a simple t shirt that says Gun media on it.

Maybe Wes Keltner wants Gun media to be an underground company.

Maybe one year there will be a HUGE BROADCAST FOR HALLOWEEN With balloons and streamers,Jack o lanterns and engagement with the fans,questions and answers with forum members.

Questions for Wes Keltner like has he ever met The Akkad Brothers Malek and Taric.

Even if there was no lawsuit why are you expecting so much at Halloween? The game is Friday 13th. Surely if there was a celebration of any sort it would’ve been on a Friday 13th not October 31st. 

5 minutes ago, Top_Cat said:

Even if there was no lawsuit why are you expecting so much at Halloween? The game is Friday 13th. Surely if there was a celebration of any sort it would’ve been on a Friday 13th not October 31st. 

Well Gun media is promoting themselves as a Horror video game company.

Gun media specializes in Horror video game titles.

Usually Halloween october 31st  is a day for scary things and horror movie culture.

On Halloween there is monsters,spooks,ghosts and ghouls,misty graveyards,candy,trick or treat,reeses candy etc.

On Halloween October 31st there is monster movies sometimes hosted by famous horror hosts like Elvira.

On Halloween October 30th to 31st there is usually special online horror podcasts broadcasts for fans.

@Strigoi I know what Halloween is and what it entails. My question was why are you expecting so much on Halloween for a Friday 13th game? 

If your big celebration happened it would have surely been on a Friday 13th. Not on a Halloween 2 1/2 years after the game was released. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Im beginning to get tired of Gun media and friday the 13th.

That means you're going to leave and never come back... right? RIGHT?

• Confused 1