Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Jason has been seen to murder people in the day time. I think it would be nice to have some alternative settings for the maps to appear in daytime, or dusk. Or even better have it transition during the match. For example, it starts at dusk, and towards the end becomes night time.

Maybe this could even have some affect on Fear. Just a thought

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should add this thought on the F13 the game Part 2 topic. I liked it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carlso said:

You should add this thought on the F13 the game Part 2 topic. I liked it.

I AGREE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Fatal Error said:

Jason has been seen to murder people in the day time. I think it would be nice to have some alternative settings for the maps to appear in daytime, or dusk. Or even better have it transition during the match. For example, it starts at dusk, and towards the end becomes night time.

Maybe this could even have some affect on Fear. Just a thought

Definitely a wonderful idea to have daytime scenes for the next Friday the 13th game and they should've had it for this current one as well! The current game set on the original gamma level of 2.0 is darker than hell! I have to turn the gamma all the way up to 4.0 and even then when it rains during a match I can't hardly see a damn thing especially on the Jarvis House map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2020 at 11:22 AM, Jason Lover said:

Definitely a wonderful idea to have daytime scenes for the next Friday the 13th game and they should've had it for this current one as well! The current game set on the original gamma level of 2.0 is darker than hell! I have to turn the gamma all the way up to 4.0 and even then when it rains during a match I can't hardly see a damn thing especially on the Jarvis House map.

If you have to turn the gamma up to 4.0 then you most likely have not calibrated your console (assuming you play on console) and TV picture settings properly. 4.0 is crazy high and without the correct HDMI Black Level settings you are probably experiencing crushed blacks which leads to increasing the brightness/gamma setting in games to higher than they should be to compensate. I play on 2.5 (2.2 is default) which looks good whilst maintaining the immersion of the game and could never go above 2.8 without the game looking washed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

If you have to turn the Gamma up to 4.0 then you most likely have not calibrated your console (assuming you play on console) and TV picture settings properly. 4.0 is crazy high and without the correct HDMI Black Level settings you are probably experiencing crushed blacks which leads to increasing the brightness/gamma setting in games to higher than they should be to compensate. I play on 2.52 (2.2 is default) and could never go above 2.75 without the game looking washed out.

I do play on console and the 4.0 gamma does not make the game look washed out. I have an older fluorescent 2011 TV not a more recent LED one. Maybe that has something to do with it. But the fact of the matter remains that this game set on the factory gamma is way too dark. Can't see shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 10:15 PM, Jason Lover said:

I do play on console and the 4.0 gamma does not make the game look washed out. I have an older fluorescent 2011 TV not a more recent LED one. Maybe that has something to do with it. But the fact of the matter remains that this game set on the factory gamma is way too dark. Can't see shit.

4.0 won't make the game look washed out per se, if your console and TV picture settings do not match, as you are compensating for a darker image. Admittedly I don't know what your console and TV settings are, or your TV's capabilities so obviously I'm speculating here. But you could probably get a better picture if your TV's RGB range was correctly detecting what is being output by your console. For example, I play on PS4 and in 'Settings>Sound and Screen>Video Output Settings>RGB Range' I set it to 'Full' as my Samsung TV supports the 0-255 colour spectrum and the 'HDMI Black Level' setting on my TV is set to 'Normal' (also known as 'Full' on other makes of TVs). This ensures a full colour range so that blacks through to whites are detected and displayed properly.

So my suggestion to you would be to first check your TV to see if it has an RGB or HDMI Black Level setting. If so, then set it to 'Normal'/'Full'. If not then you have a low/limited RGB/Black Level range TV and your TV can only display a 16-235 RGB range, so you will need to set your console accordingly. On PS4 the low setting is 'Limited'. This will allow the PS4 to display colours/blacks as best as it can for a limited TV. If it is on 'Full' and you change it to 'Automatic' or 'Limited' it will suddenly look washed out. This is correct, and you will now need to go into your TV's pitcure settings and lower your brightness, contrast and possibly gamma settings so that the picture looks normal again. Load up F13 and adjust the Gamma, and hopefully you should notice a difference and not have crushed blacks.

Hopefully the above helped, but if not and you do have the correct settings in the correct places, then unfortunately you're just going to have to cope as you have been. But yes, I totally agree with you that the gamma setting in this game is abolute shite. Once it is all set correctly the title screen and some maps look good - Packanack, Crystal Lake. But Jarvis and certain other map areas stiil just look ridiculously washed out, especially in fog or rain. Very weak effort on IllFonics part there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2020 at 5:57 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

4.0 won't make the game look washed out per se, if your console and TV picture settings do not match, as you are compensating for a darker image. Admittedly I don't know what your console and TV settings are, or your TV's capabilities so obviously I'm speculating here. But you could probably get a better picture if your TV's RGB range was correctly detecting what is being output by your console. For example, I play on PS4 and in 'Settings>Sound and Screen>Video Output Settings>RGB Range' I set it to 'Full' as my Samsung TV supports the 0-255 colour spectrum and the 'HDMI Black Level' setting on my TV is set to 'Normal' (also known as 'Full' on other makes of TVs). This ensures a full colour range so that blacks through to whites are detected and displayed properly.

So my suggestion to you would be to first check your TV to see if it has an RGB or HDMI Black Level setting. If so, then set it to 'Normal'/'Full'. If not then you have a low/limited RGB/Black Level range TV and your TV can only display a 16-235 RGB range, so you will need to set your console accordingly. On PS4 the low setting is 'Limited'. This will allow the PS4 to display colours/blacks as best as it can for a limited TV. If it is on 'Full' and you change it to 'Automatic' or 'Limited' it will suddenly look washed out. This is correct, and you will now need to go into your TV's pitcure settings and lower your brightness, contrast and possibly gamma settings so that the picture looks normal again. Load up F13 and adjust the Gamma, and hopefully you should notice a difference and not have crushed blacks.

Hopefully the above helped, but if not and you do have the correct settings in the correct places, then unfortunately you're just going to have to cope as you have been. But yes, I totally agree with you that the gamma setting in this game is abolute shite. Once it is all set correctly the title screen and some maps look good - Packanack, Crystal Lake. But Jarvis and certain other map areas stiil just look ridiculously washed out, especially in fog or rain. Very weak effort on IllFonics part there.

If only there was a way to turn the damned rain off. I have an older 2011 Sony TV so I more than likely don't have an RGB setting on it. I'll mess with the advanced settings and see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I prefer night time..  Because i only play at night.

 

Not sure why anyone would even want day time.  

 

The freaks come out at night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I prefer night time..  Because i only play at night.

 

Not sure why anyone would even want day time.  

 

The freaks come out at night.

Well I want daytime scenes in this game because it's way too damn dark plus the Friday the 13th NES game from 1989 had daytime scenes in it not to mention evening/sunset scenes as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Well I want daytime scenes in this game because it's way too damn dark

How dark it is, is up to you.

You can change the settings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

How dark it is, is up to you.

You can change the settings.

Nope! I turned up the gamma all the way and can still barely see anything in the Jarvis House map. This game just needs to have daytime scenes in it & that's all there is to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Nope! I turned up the gamma all the way and can still barely see anything in the Jarvis House map. This game just needs to have daytime scenes in it & that's all there is to it.

If messing with the gammer or your tv settings doesn't have any effect theres something wrong with your tv.

 

Either way...I personally enjoy the darkness.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Nope! I turned up the gamma all the way and can still barely see anything in the Jarvis House map. This game just needs to have daytime scenes in it & that's all there is to it.

No new content and that's all there is to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

If messing with the gammer or your tv settings doesn't have any effect theres something wrong with your tv.

 

Either way...I personally enjoy the darkness.  

Turning up the gamma does brighten the game up but not enough especially that damn Jarvis House map. Also why can't any of the Jasons in this goddamn game lift a counselor up for more than 2 seconds?! I grab hold of a counselor and try to bring them over to a bird bath or a water pump for a resourceful kill because I love those 2 kills & they escape my grasp in like a second & a half! Pisses me off every time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jason Lover said:

Turning up the gamma does brighten the game up but not enough especially that damn Jarvis House map. Also why can't any of the Jasons in this goddamn game lift a counselor up for more than 2 seconds?! I grab hold of a counselor and try to bring them over to a bird bath or a water pump for a resourceful kill because I love those 2 kills & they escape my grasp in like a second & a half! Pisses me off every time!

Forgive me for sounding douchey but are you the old guy? Try turning the lights off when you play. Makes a world of difference. Also if you want to carry a counselor any distance it helps if you cripple them first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...