Sign in to follow this  
Igor

Ph.D. in Murder

So I do all kills with Jason and didn't get the achievement. I killed Jason like 15 times. Please help me cause it's really annoying.

@Igor, you aren’t alone. I know that I have completed every kill as Jason multiple times as well as killed Jason as Tommy at least 50 times and the trophy hasn’t popped yet. Really wish PS would show your progression like Xbox and PC. 

• Like 3

im PREEETY sure youre missing a kill that is only available in one place, and, apparently, a specific jason, because i tried doing it with another jason, didnt work. did it with part 3, it did a different animation.

so im talking about the higgins haven barn kill, on the fence post. imagine youre looking at the barn so this kill is available on the right side of the fence. grab, drag to the right side AS jason 3 (nintendo jason 3 doesnt count either, as thats my defacto jason 3 skin. apparently it has to be regular jason 3) and the prompt will appear. this animation is different as the head is being smashed several times, instead of the usual one. theres a similar kill elsewhere but this kill can only be done on this one place.

I trap Jason at least once per match. I still don't have the trap achievement. Sometimes I take a look and it says I am with 96, then after a while, I come back and it says I am with 89. The police achievement doesn't get out of 96, and the shack achievement got stuck on 5. This is a thing since 2017.

Did you get the metal fence kill yet? The one around a graveyard. That one eluded me for a long time.

Here's a question. Are you certain you've done all the kills during online play? Any kills you perform against bots won't count towards the achievement. I got stuck on 90% forever and eventually figured out I hadn't performed some of the more bland weapon kills I never run except for on bots while practicing. While I'm not 100 percent sure on this, I think the barn closet in Higgins is separate from the normal wardrobe/closet kill. This was the hardest one for me to get, since nobody is usually dumb enough to hide in the there. I almost did a cartwheel when I finally got that kill. 

4 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Any kills you perform against bots won't count towards the achievement

The game doesn't permanently save kills you've done after offline matches, but if you manage to perform the remaining kills needed in a single offline match you'll get the achievement. I know this because I got the achievement during the graveyard fence kill offline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still don't have PhDIM, but I've got all the badges maxed out, plus the trophies for 1000+ games as Jason/counselor/etc.. this is the only one I'm missing from getting the platinum.

• Like 1

I don't have The Final Chapter achievement but got the PHD in Murder within the first six months. I remember having to make an Excell checklist of every kill, in both environmental and weapon/grab categories. I ultimately had to go over it three separate times. It finally popped on one of Part VII's Machete Weapon kills. Super crazy, but its something you actively have to seek out and cant achieve very easily naturally.

17 hours ago, Igor said:

So I do all kills with Jason and didn't get the achievement. I killed Jason like 15 times. Please help me cause it's really annoying.

So you obviously haven’t done all the kills...

There are a ton to do, I'm on on about 86% done but no idea what I'm missing. Might be specific Jason kills I don't play as some Jason's that often. Also rare environment kills, not sure I've got the bird bath one yet? If you check out the true achievements site I think someone listed every kill you need to do on there. 

4 hours ago, Deano78 said:

There are a ton to do, I'm on on about 86% done but no idea what I'm missing. Might be specific Jason kills I don't play as some Jason's that often. Also rare environment kills, not sure I've got the bird bath on, e yet? If you check out the true achievements site I think someone listed every kill you need to do on there. 

Had a similar problem, and it did turn out to be several of the specific Jason kills. I had weapon swap at the time, so I just rotated all the different weapons on my favorite Jason, equipped the kills and made sure I used each one once and that bumped me up to where I was only missing the cemetery kill. This achievement does appear to be buggy especially on the PS4 side. Most players I've read expressing trouble achieving it seem disproportionately on the Play Station.

This achievement still hasn’t popped for me. The xbox one is still, hit or miss. My percentage keeps going up and down. I keep trying though. 

On 8/15/2020 at 6:57 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I still don't have PhDIM, but I've got all the badges maxed out, plus the trophies for 1000+ games as Jason/counselor/etc.. this is the only one I'm missing from getting the platinum.

Man, I don't even have 500 matches as Jason yet, and I've been on and off playing since release (and before anyone asks, yes I do have my preference set to Jason, so I should be pretty close).

Some days I  can't be Jason even though I prefer  Jason. I play from morning to night, it is only Jason once a day. On some days, I become Jason 4-5 times in a row and 12-13 times a day. A patch needs to be urgently brought in to become this Jason.

The trophy does work with the bots if you only need one more kill for it. 

I needed the graveyard fence kill & when I did it in a bot match it gave me the trophy. 

The Higgins Haven barn closet kill is its own requirement. It is easily missed and was the last one I needed and I managed to do it on offline bots to get the trophy to pop. Others that are often missed are the graveyard fence and the Higgins Haven barn fence.

Your best bet is to load up a kills vid on YouTube and go through each one. It's a quick process if you can ignore a lot of the kills that you are 100% certain that you have done. i.e. the window kill, door kill, fireplace kill, many grab and weapon kills.

My blood pressure can’t handle me being a Jason. I’ll never get my PHD. 

• Like 1

I just got my PHD on PS4. Last one was a “kill Jason with Tommy”. No wonder it took so long though, I rarely get to be Tommy.

I’ve actually went one by one, keeping track of killing people on all kinds of places and weapons, including the hard to get locations, but I haven’t got the trophy either. I have not killed Jason yet, so I don’t know if that’s what I’m missing. 

54 minutes ago, Edgar Edgelord said:

I’ve actually went one by one, keeping track of killing people on all kinds of places and weapons, including the hard to get locations, but I haven’t got the trophy either. I have not killed Jason yet, so I don’t know if that’s what I’m missing. 

Killing Jason isn't required for the trophy, but it's more like a bug that somehow earns you the achievement even when you haven't preformed all the required kills yet. I received mine during a Random Jason Kill, even though I knew I hadn't performed the cemetery kill yet. I have no clue where the disconnection is or the technical reasons behind it, but the Tommy portion is tied to a glitch. It's a worth a try though, if all else fails.