Sign in to follow this  
HaHaTrumpWon

Poll: Killing low-level Jason's?

Is killing low-level (under 10) Jason's ethical?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is it ethical to kill low-level (under lv 10) Jason's?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Is it (for lack of a better word) moral to kill Jason's who are still in single-digit levels?

Honestly, Ive largely stopped letting someone's level dictate how I treat them in favor of watching how they play. If they're really a new player and not a bored 150, you'll see it. That said, if the Jason is being an entitled little shit then n00b or not, they're fair game.

I can see easing them into the role so they can get comfortable being Jason, but it's also important they get used to the kill squads or just an experienced lobby. Trial by fire

If you don't treat them like you would treat a lvl 150, they will never learn properly. If they can't handle being killed, it's better for them to leave the game. That is the only path possible to learn how to play a game.

26 minutes ago, Carlso said:

If you don't treat them like you would treat a lvl 150, they will never learn properly. If they can't handle being killed, it's better for them to leave the game. That is the only path possible to learn how to play a game.

It's a little unreasonable to expect a level 3 Jason to fend off a lobby of Jason-killing 150's. All that's going to teach him is to quit playing the game.

• Like 1

No because they might not even notice or care when its happening.  Id say what you just said is probably more true for players between lvl 20-40.

I voted sometimes cause if they're new & not an entitled lil shit I'll go easy & smack around Abit for a few laughs & let them have their kill while giving them advice on how to be better but if they're entitled then it's fair game & sealed your fate.

I voted sometimes since there's always exceptions, but 90% of the time this is a hard no for me. In fact, if I see somebody really low like 5 & under I'll usually go get the sweater ASAP so nobody else can get any ideas. (Or participate if turns out he's a little prick and deserves it) It's not just a moral thing for me,  it's also a skill thing. What's the point in killing a Jason who hasn't figured out how to lay his traps yet? There's no challenge in it, so what's that point? The only exception is if your lower or mid-level yourself and you need practice killing Jason, so you probably should be targeting newer Jason's instead of trying to take on 150's and getting their assess handed to them. I won't get in the way if that's the case. Noob on Noob crime is fine with me.

Play style trumps level any day of the week. I won't kill clearly new Jason players, but rather give a few nuggets of wisdom I picked up on my path of Jason. I won't take the sweater to deny others the kill, but I'm not helping with the kill either.

If you play like a decently skilled Jason, I will help put you down like a decently skilled Jason.

If you are a Jason with helpers, I will undo the handiwork your helpers attempt to do, and watch while someone else in the lobby runs them down. I will then add you and the helpers to the list of players I will probably avoid going forward.

If you are being a dick to others in the lobby just because you can, all bets are off.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

I'm sorry, but no. If you want Jason to learn something, run him around the map for 20 minutes and give him a chance to figure out how to actually catch you. Killing Jason the first or second time somebody gets to play as him isn't teaching them anything, it just makes them question why they wasted their money. This game's already on life support, we should be encouraging new players to learn to love the game like we do, not hastening it's demise by running new players off before they even get started.

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's a little unreasonable to expect a level 3 Jason to fend off a lobby of Jason-killing 150's. All that's going to teach him is to quit playing the game.

Exactly.

Are the really a low level? Or are they a 150 using a new account? I have a smurf and many players do. I have had players attempt to gang up on my smurf only to get smurfed in the smurf. In this case go after em. 

• Haha 1

I don't really enjoy killing Jason, especially actual newbies  ..Unless i have a reason too.    I feel like it makes the game backwards and ruins the game.

Thats just me tho.

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Are the really a low level? Or are they a 150 using a new account? I have a smurf and many players do. I have had players attempt to gang up on my smurf only to get smurfed in the smurf. In this case go after em. 

Decent use of the Smurf language. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Treating an obvious new player like this doesn't teach them shit except that they picked the wrong game.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Treating an obvious new player like this doesn't teach them shit except that they picked the wrong game.

If I'd spawned in as Tommy, that's one of the few instances when I actually would've bolted straight for the police exit. 

i dont really go out of my way to help but if i somehow spawn as tommy and they want to kill him low level or not then who am i to decide

8 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gerçekten düşük bir seviye mi? Yoksa yeni bir hesap kullanan bir 150 mi? Bir şirinim var ve birçok oyuncu var. Oyuncular, şirinlerimde sadece şirinler için bir araya gelmeye çalıştılar. Bu durumda peşlerinden gidin. 

Those who used to have accounts show themselves according to the way they play at the beginning of the game.

8 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

All that's going to teach him is to quit playing the game.

1000% agree that is my main argument to make the kill much more difficult than that tiny band aid of mask durability which changed very little.There is never going to be level matching so make the kill harder to accomplish. Even accounting for smurfs.

I won’t bother trying to kill or even smack about a Jason lower than level 50. It’s no challenge & it puts new players off the game. 

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That's how I learned. In one time or another, new players will have to deal with toxic experienced players that will basically bully them, call them trash, and all kinds of disgusting stuff. If you are going easy on them, you are creating the false impression that he's playing the game properly, and the shock he'll feel when he encounters that kind of player will be enormous; that's what I think will make him quit the game. I rather learn things with respectful people that humiliate me in terms of skill but are respectful, rather than learn how things work against a toxic group of trolls in a call.

4 hours ago, Carlso said:

I rather learn things with respectful people that humiliate me in terms of skill but are respectful, rather than learn how things work against a toxic group of trolls in a call.

Unless you're playing a private match, I highly doubt a kill squad of 150's is going to be anything remotely resembling "respectful" when killing a brand new Jason.

Think of it like this: Suppose you just graduated from the police academy and it's your first day as a rookie cop. You know the basics of how things work, and you know what's expected and required of you in order to succeed at your job, but there's a lot that you'll have to learn in time after much experience. Now, imagine you've just shown up for your first shift and the very first assignment you receive is to go stop a bank robbery and rescue the employees being held as hostages... alone, with no back-up or support of any kind. You protest, but the Sergeant just shrugs and tells you "You'll have to learn this anyway, might as well start now".

Does that sound like it's going to end well to you?

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Is it (for lack of a better word) moral to kill Jason's who are still in single-digit levels?

Honestly, Ive largely stopped letting someone's level dictate how I treat them in favor of watching how they play. If they're really a new player and not a bored 150, you'll see it. That said, if the Jason is being an entitled little shit then n00b or not, they're fair game.

I only kill Jason if hes being an asshole, like teaming, doesnt matter if they are low level or not

8 hours ago, Carlso said:

That's how I learned. In one time or another, new players will have to deal with toxic experienced players that will basically bully them, call them trash, and all kinds of disgusting stuff. If you are going easy on them, you are creating the false impression that he's playing the game properly, and the shock he'll feel when he encounters that kind of player will be enormous; that's what I think will make him quit the game. I rather learn things with respectful people that humiliate me in terms of skill but are respectful, rather than learn how things work against a toxic group of trolls in a call.

Its ruff out there for newbie..

Glad im a day one player.   Everyone was a newbie when i started..lol

47 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I highly doubt a kill squad of 150's is going to be anything remotely resembling "respectful" when killing a brand new Jason

You didn't mentioned kill squads. 

The scenario I imagined was: no squad, no mic. Maybe say gg at the end. That's how I do it. 

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Suppose you just graduated from the police academy and it's your first day as a rookie cop.

Cop training is hard af for a reason. What if all of the experienced cops are not available? He needs to be ready. 

I vote no as it takes players a while to get use to playing as Jason and the best tactics. But to be honest I rarely check other players levels in the lobby.