mattshotcha

Patch Status - Server Issues (Update as of 9.3.2020)

On 8/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, mattshotcha said:

No, as I said in the post, but maybe I didn't highlight it enough, all users will see improved matchmaking and stability after the PC/PS4 patch. Due to how our backend is structured, this patch will actually help reduce the issues for all users. The same is true of the Xbox/Switch patch. So this is why it's important to note that we'll see incremental improvement with each platform getting the patch, on all platforms.

Once ALL platforms have been patched, we'll see the issue resolved fully.

It's a plan that takes some time in the roll out, but we felt it urgent enough to just drop the patches as they wrap up and are complete. The timing difference is due to a hurdle we did not anticipate that was uncovered late. Which the team will take care of and then get the Xbox/Switch patches set and out.

Thank you for the clarification. Any idea when the Switch patch will be available?

Just now, Chaosape2099 said:

Thank you for the clarification. Any idea when the Switch patch will be available?

Right now, Switch is in the fast track through, but we don't have a date for it yet.

I'll be checking in again on status in the morning, so I may have more details then.

I hope this is fixed soon, I am still getting database connectivity error.  I know the patch was deployed but it did not fix this issue. I already have a ticket entered as well.

I will tell about a problem I have had for a long time. I play the game, find pocket knives and find other things. Jason started chasing me after 5-6 minutes. My knife vanishes out of nowhere. Even though Jason won't hold me, my knife is gone. What is the reason of this? It has not been fixed with the latest update. Please fix it with the next patch and update.

So I played a few matches with a random in the lobby PS4 name [removed by moderator]. He claimed he was going to hack my account and said he was doing DDOS attacks on the servers. Claimed to be a hacker. I killed him and only him every match. He needs to be banned considering his threats and claims. 

9 hours ago, Bloody Jason said:

I will tell about a problem I have had for a long time. I play the game, find pocket knives and find other things. Jason started chasing me after 5-6 minutes. My knife vanishes out of nowhere. Even though Jason won't hold me, my knife is gone. What is the reason of this? It has not been fixed with the latest update. Please fix it with the next patch and update.

This is something the team was investigating prior to the server situation. Once we have this under control, those investigations can resume.

1 hour ago, kepps2020 said:

So I played a few matches with a random in the lobby PS4 name [removed by moderator]. He claimed he was going to hack my account and said he was doing DDOS attacks on the servers. Claimed to be a hacker. I killed him and only him every match. He needs to be banned considering his threats and claims. 

Unfortunately, there are a lot of kids claiming things they aren't actually capable of. It's obnoxious, but without us being able to verify they've actually done something, we can't ban them.

On that note, the team we have contracted is moving along well with their investigation.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha Xbox. After the downlond/install, matches were a little laggy. To be expected. Played a few more matches online, they have loaded quicker. Hardly any problems, no disconnects. So far, online matches, are definitely better! Thanks for the quick fix! 

• Thanks 1

On Xbox I'm still getting a message that says database login failure when I try to get to the main menu. Been over 12 hours now this is happening. I guess no one can offer any advice on this. 

On 8/13/2020 at 7:02 AM, rewNATION said:

On Xbox I'm still getting a message that says database login failure when I try to get to the main menu. Been over 12 hours now this is happening. I guess no one can offer any advice on this. 

Contact JasonKillsBugs.com for troubleshooting. It's tough to say, as there may be a few reasons for this. So the support team will be the best bet for accurate troubleshooting.

2 hours ago, kepps2020 said:

Now I get “failed to create party. Check internet connection. @mattshotcha

Same here. Usually, a hard reset of the console will help here. Also making sure everyone you're inviting is not already in game, etc. But if it persists, JasonKillsBugs.com is your best bet for troubleshooting further.

57 minutes ago, rewNATION said:

I suppose no one is going to address the database login failure I am still getting?

Apologies for missing your first. Feel free to tag me in any time if something gets missed.

2 minutes ago, rewNATION said:

@mattshotcha I have submitted it to them but they never responded to me. I did that two days ago

I will check in on the status. Please send me the ticket number in a private message.

mattshotcha I sent my problem to jasonkillsbugs 1 month and a half ago and I still cannot connect to the game. I sent a tutorial to jasonkillsbugs that a Russian friend found which is causing this.
 Is there any hope that this will be fixed?  I feel like we're abandoned to our fate. 😥

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mayday said:

mattshotcha I sent my problem to jasonkillsbugs 1 month and a half ago and I still cannot connect to the game. I sent a tutorial to jasonkillsbugs that a Russian friend found which is causing this.
 Is there any hope that this will be fixed?  I feel like we're abandoned to our fate. 😉

I have the same thing. On July 7, I sent a report via JKB. On July 15, the developers answered me that the problem was being investigated. So, it's been a month and I still have the error "Database login failure". I`m blocked in the game by hackers! There is still no response from the Support team. Probably still investigating... %)

My team has the same error a month. I can play from my other account without any problems at the same time. My friends also play from other accounts, but they can't play from the main accounts bcs of "Database login failure".

@mattshotcha Don't you think that's strange?  😉 

@mattshotcha By the way, fatal errors are back in the game. I got 3 errors in 5 minutes.  I asked my friends. They have the same sh*t. PC.

PS4 has the same problem now.

Assuming that an attack on the servers has started, i.e. blocking game profiles. 

The number of players in the game has fallen (Steam).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Psychophonic said:

@mattshotcha By the way, fatal errors are back in the game. I got 3 errors in 5 minutes.  I asked my friends. They have the same sh*t. PC.

Assuming that an attack on the servers has started, i.e. blocking game profiles.

i was having fun as well-__-