mattshotcha

Patch Status - Server Issues (Update as of 9.3.2020)

25 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

its like people aren't reading ANY of these threads.  Jesus christ people.

THE SERVERS ARE BEING ATTACKED YOU DUMMIES.

Yeah. As much as it’s talked about and posted here and on social media, you would think the “I keep getting kicked off the servers, is this happening to anyone else” posts would stop. I guess people can’t be bothered to read anymore. 

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They have said the issue will not completely be resolved until the patch has been rolled out for all platforms. They still haven’t rolled out the Xbox and Steam patch. 

Do you really believe a PS4 server will be affected by the lack of a PC patch release?! Cross play isn’t even a thing on F13. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kepps2020 said:

Do you really believe a PS4 server will be affected by the lack of a PC patch release?! Cross play isn’t even a thing on F13. 

Why would I have any reason not to believe what they said? 

On 8/5/2020 at 10:08 AM, mattshotcha said:

UPDATE:

(Status: 8.7.2020)

The team is monitoring some more recent incoming attacks. While this patch is part of a stepped approach, the team is working to expedite the next steps as quickly as possible in light of the continued attacks.

While each stage of this should deliver improvements, even if they are only slight improvements, we are not out of the woods just yet. 

As stated previously, we anticipate the greatest improvement to be once all patches have been delivered, due to how the backend is structured. That process is being addressed with the utmost urgency and we will share more news as soon as we have it.

UPDATE:

(Status: 8.6.2020)

The patch will be rolling out on PC/Steam and PS4 at 3:00 PM Eastern US Time today (8.6).

Xbox and Switch are still in process, but no update on their progress just yet.

As with all patch days, expect matchmaking to take a bit longer than usual as players exit, download the patch, and repopulate game servers.

Keep us posted on any issues or instability you experience after the patch has been deployed.

ORIGINAL POST:

(Status: 8.5.2020)

Recent attacks on our servers causing instability have been under investigation by the team. Working with our development partners, we have a patch candidate that is working through the process of going live on all platforms. However, due to the urgency of this patch we will be rolling it out as it is ready on a platform by platform basis as opposed to holding the patch until every platforme the issue for the community.

Look at the bright side; in about a week we can either play a few matches again, or the game will be dead once & 4 ALL. At least we'll have some sense of closure

*shrugs*

9 hours ago, murpdog47 said:

The cost of running servers must be exceeding what they are making in game sales now, so either sell the game to a bigger publisher/developer who can manage the servers/hackers or let us host our own without the ability of hackers using DDOS attacks or stupid stuff like that.

Wouldn't any server set up be potentially vulnerable to a DDOS attack?

5 hours ago, kepps2020 said:

Guess we are not getting any updates as to why it’s not working again on PS4. 

They'll give us news as they have it. A once a day update on things is sufficient, for now.

3 hours ago, itsandrescastillo said:

How come the game was working just fine on thursday and early yesterday and suddenly it freezes, starts kicking me out again 😕

Apparently the attacks on the server are still going on. Access to the game is kinda hit and miss.

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Yeah. As much as it’s talked about and posted here and on social media, you would think the “I keep getting kicked off the servers, is this happening to anyone else” posts would stop. I guess people can’t be bothered to read anymore. 

I remember the days when reading was fundamental. Times have changed...

14 minutes ago, MickeyBuntz said:

Look at the bright side; in about a week we can either play a few matches again, or the game will be dead once & 4 ALL. At least we'll have some sense of closure

*shrugs*

It may take more than a week. I don't think we're quite done yet.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Slash32 said:

evet, ben de o hatayı aldım, ancak oyunu tekrar kurarak düzelttim.

I deleted the game 2 times and installed it, but the problem still did not go away. :(

48 minutes ago, Bloody Jason said:

I deleted the game 2 times and installed it, but the problem still did not go away. :(

Well, that´s weird guess you should report your problem to JasonkillsBugs.com

The battle is not yet lost!  Well, I hope the next step is to unblock us if all goes well.

10 hours ago when the online game was equal to 0 I was able to run the game. I was looking for the round for about 10 minutes, and then I found myself and I was in it host (My ping was 0). Then I waited more than 30 minutes and I was joined by 2 people and 3 of my friends (they had a ping equal to no more than 10. That's how we played for about two hours. There was no fatal error. By the way, there are about 450 players in Steam now. So the patch really works, fatal error is not) @mattshotcha thanks you xD

@mattshotchaКажется, я знаю, кто взламывает серверы, или эти люди просто шутят, но у них были такие хаки, как Speedhack Godmode Flyhack Instant Police и мгновенный запуск автомобиля без батареи и газа. Все функции работают в онлайн-игре. Я имею в виду, что они не хозяева. Хозяин этого разлада продал тем хакерам, а еще к ним присоединился какой-то парень и оскорбил их. После ссоры хозяин сказал, что они взломали сервера. Может быть, это шутка, но эти хаки ... Это русские люди. Не знаю, будет ли это полезно или нет, но написал здесь. 

UPDATED. 

They also deleted my perks...

3 hours ago, 4epuxa said:

@mattshotchaКажется, я знаю, кто взламывает серверы, или эти люди просто шутят, но у них были такие хаки, как Speedhack Godmode Flyhack Instant Police и мгновенный запуск автомобиля без батареи и газа. Все функции работают в онлайн-игре. Я имею в виду, что они не хозяева. Хозяин этого разлада продал тем хакерам, а еще к ним присоединился какой-то парень и оскорбил их. После ссоры хозяин сказал, что они взломали сервера. Может быть, это шутка, но эти хаки ... Это русские люди. Не знаю, будет ли это полезно или нет, но написал здесь. 

UPDATED. 

They also deleted my perks...

If your perks are gone, @mattshotcha stated that was definitely something to report on jasonkillsbugs.com so they can track the attacks. 

18 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It’s not so much that ppl isn’t reading it I think. It’s more that ppl are passionate about playing and desperately want it to work. I use to be the same way, with no patience at all. I understand ppl’s frustration over it all. But that frustration needs to be aimed at the hacker(s) involved, not the devs. They are really working hard to correct the issues. I even find myself wanting an update daily about it. So I get it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _Matt_ said:

10 hours ago when the online game was equal to 0 I was able to run the game. I was looking for the round for about 10 minutes, and then I found myself and I was in it host (My ping was 0). Then I waited more than 30 minutes and I was joined by 2 people and 3 of my friends (they had a ping equal to no more than 10. That's how we played for about two hours. There was no fatal error. By the way, there are about 450 players in Steam now. So the patch really works, fatal error is not) @mattshotcha thanks you xD

To be more accurate, if Steam does not display the number of players, then the game online has less than 300 people. The exact number of players can be found here: https://steamdb.info/app/438740/graphs/

Next one. You got a private lobby. Wait a while and try to find the lobby in a few minutes. Yes, it takes about 5-10 minutes sometimes, but I get the right lobby. Idk why should to stay in a private lobby when the servers are working stably %). There is no point to stay in the lobby and waiting for players (30 min) when the servers are running well. I always leave of such lobbies (without ping) and try to find for a normal official server for me (EU).

1 hour ago, kepps2020 said:

It’s not so much that ppl isn’t reading it I think. It’s more that ppl are passionate about playing and desperately want it to work. I use to be the same way, with no patience at all. I understand ppl’s frustration over it all. But that frustration needs to be aimed at the hacker(s) involved, not the devs. They are really working hard to correct the issues. I even find myself wanting an update daily about it. So I get it. 

Don't get me wrong, I am still eagerly awaiting a resolution as this is still my favorite game to play. I too look daily for updates. But I have been around long enough to know Gun's track record. They aren't going to make an announcement until they actually have information to share. It just baffles me the amount of people that pop in from time to time acting like they had no clue what's going on. It's all over this forum, Facebook and Twitter. People complain that they haven't been able to play for a week or better and they never once saw it mentioned? They cant use the excuse that they don't have any way of knowing. They are posting on the same forums that the discussions are taking place. Hopefully we will get a resolution to this whole mess within the next day or two.

• Like 2

Good news, I just played a full match as Jason, and killed 6/7. One person dropped before I could kill them, otherwise I would have swept it. (I hate when that happens)

I'm on PC.

15 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Don't get me wrong, I am still eagerly awaiting a resolution as this is still my favorite game to play. I too look daily for updates. But I have been around long enough to know Gun's track record. They aren't going to make an announcement until they actually have information to share. It just baffles me the amount of people that pop in from time to time acting like they had no clue what's going on. It's all over this forum, Facebook and Twitter. People complain that they haven't been able to play for a week or better and they never once saw it mentioned? They cant use the excuse that they don't have any way of knowing. They are posting on the same forums that the discussions are taking place. Hopefully we will get a resolution to this whole mess within the next day or two.

I like to give ppl the benefit of the doubt instead of thinking ppl are that “lost”. Lol. 

2 hours ago, kepps2020 said:

I like to give ppl the benefit of the doubt instead of thinking ppl are that “lost”. Lol. 

Dont.  You'll always be disappointed.

I played 3 matches last night on the switch.  All were good!  Had to stop when in the last game after fixing the only 4 seater, couldn't find the keys, got killed.  Then watched someone hide from Jason the rest of the match and in the last 30 seconds when Jason found him, he leapt from the closet.  Jason caught and killed him, which was great and what did I hear when he died?  The jingle of keys falling to the ground.  Then I remembered why I get frustrated with this game haha.  Finding the keys then hiding in the closet the whole time... get the hell outta here.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 9:49 AM, kepps2020 said:

Tried to get in some Friday. Back to not working for me. Guess we will have to wait in an update from @mattshotcha to see what’s happening now. 

Hey, this is kind of part of the process. The improvements will be incremental as we move towards patch parity. But as I said, we aren't out of the woods till the last patch is complete. The only other option would have been to not patch anything until the last past was done. So i know a lot of folks are frustrated thinking that they're waiting for a patch for another platform. But the truth is that the wait would have been there, either way. Either patch what we had done and wait for the rest or wait for them all to be ready at the same time.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:59 AM, The Milwauking Dead said:

It does not run “fairly smoothly”. This game has never run “smoothly” since the unnecessary engine upgrade. That did nothing but make the game unbearably darker. It’s been a nonstop glitch fest and waiting game ever since then.  

You are free to disregard any of the numerous times we've explained why the engine upgrade was needed. You want to choose not to read those posts and information, choose not to take in any conflicting information to the narrative you've got in your head, that's fine by me at this point. But don't go kicking up old dust in a thread where players are trying to stay up to date on THIS issue.

The engine upgrade was needed. The content had been paused for us so we focused on that. That pause ended up being the full stop that we faced. That's the facts. Believe them, don't, your call. But don't derail this thread with the same old nonsense as we have players in here trying to get info.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:51 AM, _Matt_ said:

Within an hour, the servers were working twice for 10 minutes. At that time there were about 300 people online. Now it's a fatal error again. @mattshotcha

That's that up and down we'll face, for now.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:32 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

They have said the issue will not completely be resolved until the patch has been rolled out for all platforms. They still haven’t rolled out the Xbox and Steam patch. 

This.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:02 PM, kepps2020 said:

Cross play is completely irrelevant to this topic. Backend info all ties together for all players, as they're accessing the backend on multiple platforms. 

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey, this is kind of part of the process. The improvements will be incremental as we move towards patch parity. But as I said, we aren't out of the woods till the last patch is complete. The only other option would have been to not patch anything until the last past was done. So i know a lot of folks are frustrated thinking that they're waiting for a patch for another platform. But the truth is that the wait would have been there, either way. Either patch what we had done and wait for the rest or wait for them all to be ready at the same time.

You are free to disregard any of the numerous times we've explained why the engine upgrade was needed. You want to choose not to read those posts and information, choose not to take in any conflicting information to the narrative you've got in your head, that's fine by me at this point. But don't go kicking up old dust in a thread where players are trying to stay up to date on THIS issue.

The engine upgrade was needed. The content had been paused for us so we focused on that. That pause ended up being the full stop that we faced. That's the facts. Believe them, don't, your call. But don't derail this thread with the same old nonsense as we have players in here trying to get info.

That's that up and down we'll face, for now.

This.

Cross play is completely irrelevant to this topic. Backend info all ties together for all players, as they're accessing the backend on multiple platforms. 

Thanks again, @mattshotcha for your updates. I played all morning with no issues. I think we are on the right track to playing at camp again. 

there are 545 people in game as I'm writing this, but after waiting 30 mins and no matches being find, I decided to play offline with bots. although I ran a test. I joined the game using VPN from different regions. when I used USA's ip I got immediately fatal error as I got connected to the game. when I used Germany I couldn't even enter my game's profile. when I used Britain's it was the same as usual, no games found. anyways I think playing with bots is the only option I've got for now. (I'm on Steam btw if you're wondering.)