mattshotcha

Patch Status - Server Issues (Update as of 9.3.2020)

350 ppl in the game (Steam). I think it works now %). 

Updade: A few minutes later: 0 online 😡

5 hours ago, TheFinalFriday said:

Ok, some small misunderstandings.

Gun is updating the game with assets they already have. It runs fairly smooth outside the hacking problems as of late.

Second, Gun Media has nothing to do with The Predator game, lol.

It does not run “fairly smoothly”. This game has never run “smoothly” since the unnecessary engine upgrade. That did nothing but make the game unbearably darker. It’s been a nonstop glitch fest and waiting game ever since then.  

Within an hour, the servers were working twice for 10 minutes. At that time there were about 300 people online. Now it's a fatal error again. @mattshotcha

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 10:59 AM, The Milwauking Dead said:

It does not run “fairly smoothly”. 

To be honest, if I get into a match and it plays out without the random character glitch and no interaction glitch, I consider that running fairly smoothly. True that the engine upgrade made the game way to dark. I didn’t want to, but with my eyesight the way it is, I had to up the lighting in settings. They said the engine update was needed for the servers, so if that’s what it took to get them, I’m glad they did it, just wish they had done content before it. Update could have been done post lawsuit. 

• Like 1

@DeMEnTeD26 and @_Matt_, the servers are still hit or miss right now. They are still being attacked by hackers. Hopefully when they can finally roll out the patch for Xbox and Steam, all will be resolved. 

The patch is not necessary if Gun Media would just let us host our own dedicated server without using them to login i.e. private match. 

I don't want to use a private match. I rather have a list of servers for us to pick from that are private.

Let us mod our own servers, i.e. make our own maps, add Jason X, add more pocket knives, health sprays, change rage to allow stun for firecrackers, etc.

The cost of running servers must be exceeding what they are making in game sales now, so either sell the game to a bigger publisher/developer who can manage the servers/hackers or let us host our own without the ability of hackers using DDOS attacks or stupid stuff like that.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, murpdog47 said:

The patch is not necessary if Gun Media would just let us host our own dedicated server without using them to login i.e. private match. 

I don't want to use a private match. I rather have a list of servers for us to pick from that are private.

Let us mod our own servers, i.e. make our own maps, add Jason X, add more pocket knives, health sprays, change rage to allow stun for firecrackers, etc.

The cost of running servers must be exceeding what they are making in game sales now, so either sell the game to a bigger publisher/developer who can manage the servers/hackers or let us host our own without the ability of hackers using DDOS attacks or stupid stuff like that.

@murpdog47 Well how about you go make your own game pal? a dev team is suppose to develop a game based on their own vision not a group of people's agendas. you can't just order for something and demand it to just happen. this is not how gaming industry works. you gotta make a game fair towards all type of people with all type of play types.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, J Part VII said:

@murpdog47 Well how about you go make your own game pal? a dev team is suppose to develop a game based on their own vision not a group of people's agendas. you can't just order for something and demand it to just happen. this is not how gaming industry works. you gotta make a game fair towards all type of people with all type of play types.

Sure. Then that vision should actually WORK properly. And if someone buys a car that keeps breaking down, do you tell them to go build their own car then???....

What's up with the servers? I play a match perfectly, but on the next one servers crash and I have to rely on P2P for the next 30-60min. It seems like I am in the middle of a war between the servers and the hackers...

19 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Sure. Then that vision should actually WORK properly. And if someone buys a car that keeps breaking down, do you tell them to go build their own car then???....

no, you simply either fix the issue or you'd stop making cars. remember you're the car maker not the consumer. 

• Like 1

Well, I have to say the patch did some improvements with the server issues.

After the patch I can finally play in US and EU servers, so it did improve it for me.

2 hours ago, murpdog47 said:

make our own maps, add Jason X,

Need IP owners ok to do that. Right now that is still up in the air seemingly never to end.

2 hours ago, murpdog47 said:

add more pocket knives, health sprays, change rage to allow stun for firecrackers, etc.

Some of those options are already available in private matches.

It is not clear when the fatal error issue, which has been continuing since July 27, will pass. Otherwise, is the game now under the control of hackers. :(

41 minutes ago, Bloody Jason said:

I started having a database problem with the latest patch. Does anyone have any information about how this will go?

yes, I had that error as well, but I fixed just by reinstalling the game again.

54 minutes ago, Bloody Jason said:

У меня начались проблемы с базой данных с последним патчем. У кого-нибудь есть информация о том, как это пойдет?

I had the same jusr delete folder F13 in Steam and download the game again

49 minutes ago, kepps2020 said:

Guess we are not getting any updates as to why it’s not working again on PS4. 

They have said the issue will not completely be resolved until the patch has been rolled out for all platforms. They still haven’t rolled out the Xbox and Steam patch. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the attacks the game have been suffering must really be wreaking havoc. I fired the game up about half an hour ago, and I've already been kicked out of three matches, been unable to open any doors or windows in one, and used the radio and been stuck to it in another. Appreciate all the work your team has been doing. ***UPDATE*** In the last hour and a half, I have only been able to complete about four out of the last fourteen games I have tried to play. A match would start, run about two minutes and kick me out back to the menu. During that time I couldn't open or close doors or windows, couldn't pick up items, and other player characters stand around frozen. Matchmaking has also become much harder. Even though it will say "checking session for room", nothing happens, and I just try to re-initialize. This is on PlayStation 4. I'm not sad, I'm pissed. A fun game has been rendered unplayable by truly evil people.

Edited by grendel-prime_1
Update added

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They have said the issue will not completely be resolved until the patch has been rolled out for all platforms. They still haven’t rolled out the Xbox and Steam patch. 

its like people aren't reading ANY of these threads.  Jesus christ people.

THE SERVERS ARE BEING ATTACKED YOU DUMMIES.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1