mattshotcha

Patch Status - Server Issues (Update as of 9.3.2020)

On 8/5/2020 at 3:18 PM, mattshotcha said:

as I said in the post, but maybe I didn't highlight it enough, all users will see improved matchmaking and stability after the PC/PS4 patch.

Here is what you said.  Well, the patch is here and there is ZERO improvement!  Not trying to give you guys a hard time.  I love this game and it angers me to now end that y'all seem to have no idea what you are doing.  Please fix!!!!

On 8/5/2020 at 12:08 PM, mattshotcha said:

UPDATE:

(Status: 8.6.2020)

The patch will be rolling out on PC/Steam and PS4 at 3:00 PM Eastern US Time today (8.6).

Xbox and Switch are still in process, but no update on their progress just yet.

As with all patch days, expect matchmaking to take a bit longer than usual as players exit, download the patch, and repopulate game servers.

Keep us posted on any issues or instability you experience after the patch has been deployed.

ORIGINAL POST:

(Status: 8.5.2020)

Recent attacks on our servers causing instability have been under investigation by the team. Working with our development partners, we have a patch candidate that is working through the process of going live on all platforms. However, due to the urgency of this patch we will be rolling it out as it is ready on a platform by platform basis as opposed to holding the patch until every platform is ready.

We aim to have the patch out on PC and PS4 by the weekend. We will update this thread when those builds go out. Xbox and Switch will be trailing, but we plan to deliver those as soon as possible.

While this sounds like players on specific platforms will see improvements before players on the trailing platforms, due to how our backend is structured, the patch landing on other platforms means we should see an overall improvement in matchmaking for every platform, building as we reach parity.

The staged approach is going to make incremental improvements as it rolls out on different platforms and ultimately, once the last platform is updated, alleviate the issue for the community.

I'll be back to update this thread as the patch rolls out.

Thank you for your patience, gang.

Patch not working on PS4. Pre patch, peer to peer games worked now they are broken too. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, King_serj said:

Everything works, I've played three games. 

No it doesn’t. It’s still broken. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hemi said:

No movies, no games. Great legacy work here, awesome. 

I can remember a time when you was able to be a fan of Jason. Somehow people just don't want us to be a fan of anything related to this franchise.

I think Jason is finally dead...

Seriously? is that why they're doing all this? more SJW stuff? 😐

20 minutes ago, Gottaevil said:

Servers Down in PS4. Great job 

Facepalm GIFs | Tenor

Wondering if it was another hack/attack. 

• Like 1

after the update the error remains the same is the fatal error, now I can't even enter the game, I thought the update would solve this error, but it didn't work

image.png

Hey!

the servers are back to not working, was working fine after patch but now it’s not working on pc or PS4 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kepps2020 said:

Нет, это не так. Он все еще сломан. 

So 22 hours ago, everything worked great. But now the fatal error is coming out again. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'd just like to know which is true A: They are taking revenge for getting banned  or  B: trying to get finished or almost finished content released and getting bugs fixed faster.  I've heard both excuses as their motive or is it neither. I'd lean toward A because if they are good enough to hack servers then they could have just gave everyone access to Savini, Jason X, clothing and kill packs that are  done and are in the game files.

These are russian hackers. There are about 5 of them. They avenge the blocking of their accounts (they were also given a PC lock). I tried to get in touch with one of the hackers and offered them a ransom so they left the game alone. At the moment they're thinking. 

• Like 1

Just now, kepps2020 said:

Where?

This thread. Check the OP.

3 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Эта ветка. Проверьте OP.

I tried to contact one of these Russian hackers. There are about 5 of them. I offered them money to leave the game and tell them how they could hack the servers. Now they're thinking about my proposal. 

This thread. Check the OP.

I see. You updated you thread post from yesterday. Gotcha bro. Thanks. 

Come on guys! They are working to try and fix/stop the attacks on the sever. I work IT, and I can tell you this is a long process. Not only are they having to fix the damage done, but also track packets to see where the attacks are coming from. The forensic part is delicate and time consuming and that is why they have an outside source working that angle of it. Your patience and bug/glitch reporting using jasonkillsbugs.com is crucial in aiding them get this wrapped up. It will take some time and some patches to get the server both secure and where it needs to be. Mouthing off at @mattshotcha or any other staff will only get you banned when you cross a line with them. Please be patient and understanding, most of all, be supportive as they work to fix the issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, kepps2020 said:

Давайте, ребята! Они работают, чтобы попытаться исправить / остановить атаки на сервер. Я работаю в сфере ИТ, и могу сказать, что это долгий процесс. Они не только должны исправить нанесенный ущерб, но и отслеживать пакеты, чтобы увидеть, откуда исходят атаки. Судебно-медицинская часть является деликатной и требует много времени, и поэтому у них есть сторонний источник, работающий с этим углом. Ваше терпение и сообщение об ошибках / сбоях с помощью jasonkillsbugs.com имеют решающее значение для того, чтобы помочь им разобраться в этом. Потребуется некоторое время и несколько исправлений, чтобы обеспечить безопасность сервера и обеспечить его безопасность. Выговаривать@mattshotcha или любой другой персонал забанит вас только тогда, когда вы перейдете с ними черту. Пожалуйста, проявите терпение и понимание, а главное - поддержите их, пока они исправят проблему. 

Support you, mate. 

Some of the dumbest people in this community are here to complain, like they haven't read anything at all.  I play mainly on Xbox and Switch but im ok just waiting it out.  I suggest some people spend the time waiting for servers to be fix to go read a book instead.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, King_serj said:

@mattshotcha A little off topic.

A LOT off topic. And on this thread, no less.

You realize you not only mention trying cheats "for fun" but then go on to explain the process to a forum, on a thread about a patch to try and stop hackers, right? Any of that seem like a great idea?

10 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

You realize you not only mention trying cheats "for fun" but then go on to explain the process to a forum, on a thread about a patch to try and stop hackers, right? Any of that seem like a great idea?

Beg your pardon. I didn't know it was that dangerous. 

10 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

МНОГО не по теме. И в этой ветке не меньше.

Вы понимаете, что не только упоминаете об использовании читов «для развлечения», но и затем продолжаете объяснять процесс на форуме в ветке о патче, чтобы попытаться остановить хакеров, верно? Что-нибудь из этого кажется отличной идеей?

@mattshotchaIn any case, my words were only positive. Where could I discuss the details with you? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, King_serj said:

@mattshotchaIn any case, my words were only positive. Where could I discuss the details with you? 

Send the info into support at JasonKillsBugs.com

• Like 1

Отправьте информацию в службу поддержки на JasonKillsBugs.com

@mattshotchaI wrote there, but no one answered me. I could help you address this vulnerability. 

14 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Smh! WTH?! That should have been sent privately. lol 

• Haha 1