mattshotcha

Patch Status - Server Issues (Update as of 9.3.2020)

@4epuxa I would recommend sending in a support ticket. Head over to JasonKillsBugs.com and provide all the info to the team.

36 minutes ago, 4epuxa said:

i still have this message that i cant connect to database

I just reinstalled the game and it worked!

Maybe you should try that out too perhaps?

*Almost* got two clean games in on PS4... then the Tommy stepped in a Jason trap to end the second game and locked the room up, only able to see the scoreboard, waited 3 minutes, had to close the game. Right direction, though.

I just played 5 matches in a row. The game is working pretty well so far. Props for the F13 the game team and for mattshotcha.

• Like 1

I played a solid three hours last night, and only had two matches crash in that time. Don't know if it was just luck, but hopefully it's a sign that things are moving in the right direction.

I would wager that they are pushing the updates out to the largest number of people they can as fast as they can to get the problem under control as much as possible the quickest. Each platform is going to have their own rules and process for approving updates. They probably aren't going to put a ton of people on this since it is a zombie of a game with the rights issues. 

It isn't that you aren't loved by Mommy Jason it's that you don't recognize the love. Mommy's mad! 

Just played three matches in a row. No problems, but did see someone using a new rock exploit in the Jarvis House map. 

3 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Just played three matches in a row. No problems, but did see someone using a new rock exploit in the Jarvis House map. 

It takes a special type of person to waste 20 minutes of their life dancing on a rock. 

Does this patch fix other issues like counselors staying at the Higgins haven rock to avoid Jason? 

by the way thanks for this update. I love this game and this means a lot to me.

18 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It takes a special type of person to waste 20 minutes of their life dancing on a rock. 

They thought they were safe, jumped off the rock in the last two minutes and both died, lol. But you are right, if you are going to play the game just to stand on a rock for 20 minutes, find another game. 

so aside from fixing the issues... anything else added/removed/etc?

Gracias por su arduo trabajo, la verdad me gusta mucho este juego y ver el hate que le tira la gente por mero gusto es algo triste, pero ver que ustedes siguen trabajando en él con amor es muy genial, muchas gracias 👍🏼😎

Just noticed a news article that popped up about this issue while earning some free Microsoft Reward points on the Xbox One X.

Happy I completed 100% for all achievements before the servers were killed off by attacks or whatever.

Fun while it lasted. After spending 3 years I retired the game.

The lawsuit, the ridiculous bugs, game crashes, freezing, host p2p lobby quitting, no credit towards achievement as Jason, etc.

I know the team inherited a sinking ship. They tried their best to keep it alive as long as possible after Illfonic moved on.

Thanks for the effort @mattshotcha and to the team. The Friday The 13th community can be a rough crowd to please.

• Like 1

I'm getting through whole matches again, so the patch looks like it's made a difference. 

1 hour ago, omer istee said:

Ошибка входа в базу данных !  Проверьте подключение к Интернету . ПОМОГИ МНЕ !

The same i have . Write to killbufsjason

On 8/5/2020 at 12:08 PM, mattshotcha said:

UPDATE: 

(Status: 8.6.2020)

The patch will be rolling out on PC/Steam and PS4 at 3:00 PM Eastern US Time today (8.6).

Xbox and Switch are still in process, but no update on their progress just yet.

As with all patch days, expect matchmaking to take a bit longer than usual as players exit, download the patch, and repopulate game servers.

Keep us posted on any issues or instability you experience after the patch has been deployed.

ORIGINAL POST:

(Status: 8.5.2020)

Recent attacks on our servers causing instability have been under investigation by the team. Working with our development partners, we have a patch candidate that is working through the process of going live on all platforms. However, due to the urgency of this patch we will be rolling it out as it is ready on a platform by platform basis as opposed to holding the patch until every platform is ready.

We aim to have the patch out on PC and PS4 by the weekend. We will update this thread when those builds go out. Xbox and Switch will be trailing, but we plan to deliver those as soon as possible.

While this sounds like players on specific platforms will see improvements before players on the trailing platforms, due to how our backend is structured, the patch landing on other platforms means we should see an overall improvement in matchmaking for every platform, building as we reach parity.

The staged approach is going to make incremental improvements as it rolls out on different platforms and ultimately, once the last platform is updated, alleviate the issue for the community.

I'll be back to update this thread as the patch rolls out.

Thank you for your patience, gang.

Alright so here's the deal, the game was working for a few hours but like 20-30 mins later I started to get fatal errors (I'm on pc).

11 minutes ago, Kodyjajaman89 said:

Alright so here's the deal, the game was working for a few hours but like 20-30 mins later I started to get fatal errors (I'm on pc).

"database login failure! verify internet connectivity. " I get an error.

Поздравляю, вы все так хорошо исправили, что снова игра была взломана и снова фатальная ошибка, вы молодцы, спасибо

Posted (edited)

As of recently (very recently) People on steam are starting to report fatal errors again , I am unable to check it myself at this time , but it worked after the patch launched for me , It is only since around an hour people are reporting the same issue again :(

Links to the topics :

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2799503175287379010/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2799503175287410303/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2799503175287381051/

Edited by [LZ]Icy
Added additional information