mattshotcha

Patch Status - Server Issues (Update as of 9.3.2020)

UPDATE:

(Status: 9.3.2020)

The final step towards securing servers to protect against future attacks has been put in place as of last night. At this time, the process has been completed, and the team will continue to monitor and adjust if needed, should any interruption of the Official F13 Servers happen again.

UPDATE:

(Status: 8.12.2020)

The patch will be rolling out on Xbox and Switch at approximately 3:00 PM Eastern US Time today (8.12).

As with all patch days, expect matchmaking to take a bit longer than usual as players exit, download the patch, and repopulate game servers.

This brings all platforms up to the latest patch level. We should see another incremental improvement in matchmaking and stability.

That said, there is still work to complete. This has been a migration of sorts, and we'll need to monitor to make sure we're up and running, then we can take the next step and decommission the old.

So please do keep us posted on any issues or instability you experience after the patch has been deployed.

Thank you!

UPDATE:

(Status: 8.7.2020)

The team is monitoring some more recent incoming attacks. While this patch is part of a stepped approach, the team is working to expedite the next steps as quickly as possible in light of the continued attacks.

While each stage of this should deliver improvements, even if they are only slight improvements, we are not out of the woods just yet. 

As stated previously, we anticipate the greatest improvement to be once all patches have been delivered, due to how the backend is structured. That process is being addressed with the utmost urgency and we will share more news as soon as we have it.

UPDATE:

(Status: 8.6.2020)

The patch will be rolling out on PC/Steam and PS4 at 3:00 PM Eastern US Time today (8.6).

Xbox and Switch are still in process, but no update on their progress just yet.

As with all patch days, expect matchmaking to take a bit longer than usual as players exit, download the patch, and repopulate game servers.

Keep us posted on any issues or instability you experience after the patch has been deployed.

ORIGINAL POST:

(Status: 8.5.2020)

Recent attacks on our servers causing instability have been under investigation by the team. Working with our development partners, we have a patch candidate that is working through the process of going live on all platforms. However, due to the urgency of this patch we will be rolling it out as it is ready on a platform by platform basis as opposed to holding the patch until every platform is ready.

We aim to have the patch out on PC and PS4 by the weekend. We will update this thread when those builds go out. Xbox and Switch will be trailing, but we plan to deliver those as soon as possible.

While this sounds like players on specific platforms will see improvements before players on the trailing platforms, due to how our backend is structured, the patch landing on other platforms means we should see an overall improvement in matchmaking for every platform, building as we reach parity.

The staged approach is going to make incremental improvements as it rolls out on different platforms and ultimately, once the last platform is updated, alleviate the issue for the community.

I'll be back to update this thread as the patch rolls out.

Thank you for your patience, gang.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

So will this patch be removing the server as the host and have players hosting like before, or will it actually correct the issue faced when playing a server hosted match?

9 minutes ago, kepps2020 said:

So will this patch be removing the server as the host and have players hosting like before, or will it actually correct the issue faced when playing a server hosted match?

This will still be on dedicated servers. The patch is needed regardless of where the matches are hosted, dedicated or peer to peer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is it that Switch and Xbox get the patch last? So PC and PS4 will get the problem fixed first and the rest of us just have to sit and wait and continue to deal with matches that keep crashing until whenever we end up getting the patch, which could be weeks from now?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Chaosape2099 said:

Why is it that Switch and Xbox get the patch last? So PC and PS4 will get the problem fixed first and the rest of us just have to sit and wait and continue to deal with matches that keep crashing until whenever we end up getting the patch, which could be weeks from now?

No, as I said in the post, but maybe I didn't highlight it enough, all users will see improved matchmaking and stability after the PC/PS4 patch. Due to how our backend is structured, this patch will actually help reduce the issues for all users. The same is true of the Xbox/Switch patch. So this is why it's important to note that we'll see incremental improvement with each platform getting the patch, on all platforms.

Once ALL platforms have been patched, we'll see the issue resolved fully.

It's a plan that takes some time in the roll out, but we felt it urgent enough to just drop the patches as they wrap up and are complete. The timing difference is due to a hurdle we did not anticipate that was uncovered late. Which the team will take care of and then get the Xbox/Switch patches set and out.

• Thanks 1

ever since 28th I've had no perks on F13 is it something to do with the servers and i can't roll any perks (it keeps rolling and rolling and rolling and it won't stop and i had to ALT+F4) so is it the servers or has a hacker removed my perks again?

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, elite_sn1per_20 said:

ever since 28th I've had no perks on F13 is it something to do with the servers and i can't roll any perks (it keeps rolling and rolling and rolling and it won't stop and i had to ALT+F4) so is it the servers or has a hacker removed my perks again?

This sounds like they may have targeted your account. Please submit a ticket to JasonKillsBugs.com and detail the issue with them. We can keep better track of affected accounts that way.

The team is working to close that issue as well, once we get folks back online and playing. 

umm why is xbox and switch the last ones to get the patch?? like you said since PS4 and PC are the first ones t get the patch we will see improvements on all devices but the problem will not be fully fixed for switch and for xbox tho...

5 hours ago, Chaosape2099 said:

deal with it loser 😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ricardo Marins said:

já saiu?

Lisez le premier article du sujet.

@mattshotcha Thank you for the info. I hope everything will be fine. Look forward to getting back into the game. \m/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, itsandrescastillo said:

umm why is xbox and switch the last ones to get the patch?? like you said since PS4 and PC are the first ones t get the patch we will see improvements on all devices but the problem will not be fully fixed for switch and for xbox tho...

Actually, the problem won't be fully fixed for anyone until the Xbox and Switch are patched too. It's going to be incrementally better for all in the process though.

None of our patches are ready for ALL platforms at the same time. Never. They all are staggered and usually, as is the case with every game, they hold the patch till all platforms are ready. That is just a simple truth of game dev and how things work. Considering the urgency of this patch, and the fact that even Xbox and Switch players will see some improvement after the PC/PS4 patch, we decided to roll them out as they're ready.

It's really not a console favoritism thing here, gang.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

It's really not a console favoritism thing here, gang.

It’s almost sad that this needed to be explained. 

So I have this game on Steam and I gotta ask, but if all you guys are patching is server side crap then why do you need to patch 4.1 gigs of game data in order to do that if the game is hosted server side? That doesn't make any sense to me. Shouldn't it be the back end data that needs to be updated? 🤔

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

So I have this game on Steam and I gotta ask, but if all you guys are patching is server side crap then why do you need to patch 4.1 gigs of game data in order to do that if the game is hosted server side? That doesn't make any sense to me. Shouldn't it be the back end data that needs to be updated? 🤔

Not strictly backend, no. The game has to communicate with the backend.

38 minutes ago, 4epuxa said:

i cant connect to data base

19 minutes ago, Slash32 said:

yeah, me too

Are you both still unable to connect to the database? Sometimes on patch days you'll see that error for a short period of time following the patch.

18 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Not strictly backend, no. The game has to communicate with the backend.

Are you both still unable to connect to the database? Sometimes on patch days you'll see that error for a short period of time following the patch.

i still have this message that i cant connect to database