Sign in to follow this  
Brevator

More Offline Customization Options

Since we're all pretty much relegated to Offline Play at this point, until a patch is released, I think it's a good time to address having more control of Offline Play. 

The first of which being Counselor Outfits. We spent a lot of time leveling up to unlock all those attires (and most of us paid for the DLC attires) so only being able to use them Online is kind of a rip-off...and it'd be nice to break up the monotony of always seeing bots wearing the same clothes over and over and over.

A rain toggle switch would be cool too.

Any other ideas?

• Like 2

Yes, I don't have internet  at my house but I do have it at my jobsite. which I bring my ps4 to occasionally when i'm off. but my gripe is they should make a patch that allows which ever Jason that are unlocked while online to be available to play as offline w/o net access. b/c when I go back home to no net all skins and exp are locked and set back to 0.

• Like 1

that would be cool too. offline bot mode is all I can do at my home, that is why I would like for whatever level you currently are to be able to carry over to offline bot/ no net access. they could leave it where no exp/cp is collected.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TimButter1 said:

that would be cool too. offline bot mode is all I can do at my home, that is why I would like for whatever level you currently are to be able to carry over to offline bot/ no net access. they could leave it where no exp/cp is collected.

A lot of us are hoping that once the servers go shut down for good, we'll be able to access our content offline. We'll see...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

We need choosing the counselors for offline tbh.

this would be a great feature. id like if they were customized the same way you had your counselors set, perks & cloths. that way they could go out in style.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 9:48 AM, Brevator said:

Since we're all pretty much relegated to Offline Play at this point, until a patch is released, I think it's a good time to address having more control of Offline Play. 

The first of which being Counselor Outfits. We spent a lot of time leveling up to unlock all those attires (and most of us paid for the DLC attires) so only being able to use them Online is kind of a rip-off...and it'd be nice to break up the monotony of always seeing bots wearing the same clothes over and over and over.

A rain toggle switch would be cool too.

Any other ideas?

I too hate the rain in this overly dark game! The Jarvis House map in particular is ridiculously dark even without the damn rain!

• Like 1

On 8/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, Jason Lover said:

I too hate the rain in this overly dark game! The Jarvis House map in particular is ridiculously dark even without the damn rain!

I turned up my Gamma.

I agree with all this sentiment, and have advocated for it since I joined here. I don't think waiting for the game to die should be a precursor for access to online content offline. The hacker issue is a good enough reason imho.

2 hours ago, gamer4games said:

I agree with all this sentiment, and have advocated for it since I joined here. I don't think waiting for the game to die should be a precursor for access to online content offline. The hacker issue is a good enough reason imho.

I am getting kind of sick of playing as Jason and want to play as a counselor. The offline mode should've had the option to play as one against Jason. How hard would it have been to program the game for that?

46 minutes ago, Jason Lover said:

I am getting kind of sick of playing as Jason and want to play as a counselor. The offline mode should've had the option to play as one against Jason. How hard would it have been to program the game for that?

Have you seen how stupid the bots are? Imagine Jason as a bot. There would be no challenge whatsoever.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Have you seen how stupid the bots are? Imagine Jason as a bot. There would be no challenge whatsoever.

Not necessarily. Jason is only one character. How hard would it have been to have a bot Jason and every time he's around a counselor he just starts swinging his weapon? That would be somewhat of a challenge wouldn't it? Plus you can get driving skills in like Carlso says.

I would very much like to have more options for offline play.

Specifically, I want to be able to load in as a Counselor. I just want to load in and watch the bots, drive a car, visit the lake. 

Being able to set the bots clothes and gear would be fun to. Not opposed to any other options either.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 2:00 PM, Jason Lover said:

Programming a believable Jason AI would be a challenge, but someone out there could probably do it.

I look at some of the AI in other games and am amazed at what is out there. Too bad about the lawsuit.

On 8/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

I've had visions of an AI Jason for this game. I didn't enjoy what came to mind, given our counselor bots.

Perhaps someday, in another game, way down the road...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I've had visions of an AI Jason for this game. I didn't enjoy what came to mind, given our counselor bots.

Perhaps someday, in another game, way down the road...

Yeah, exactly. I can see where everyone is coming from wanting to play counselors in offline play. I mean as it stands now, the moment the servers are shut down our beloved murder victims that we spend a majority of the time playing will be lost to us forever. I like others would love to just be able to explore the maps and such as a counselor in offline play. I can kind of see practicing with the car, but in my opinion, the best practice you can get with driving the car?  Pop a Grand Theft Auto game in and start driving. Most of the controls are very similar. Sure you can’t practice on Crystal Lake Grand Prix, but you can get a feel for the controls. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I can see where everyone is coming from wanting to play counselors in offline play. I mean as it stands now, the moment the servers are shut down our beloved murder victims that we spend a majority of the time playing will be lost to us forever.

This is what makes me the most sad. I just want to go to Crystal Lake as Mitch and drive around in the boat or car.... maybe murder my fellow Counselors if I feel like it.

Please Gun.

• Like 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

This is what makes me the most sad. I just want to go to Crystal Lake as Mitch and drive around in the boat or car.... maybe murder my fellow Counselors if I feel like it.

Please Gun.

Yeah. Give us the option to load in as our selected counselor with the rest of the counselors as bots. Don’t even have an AI Jason. It would also help people that haven’t done so yet to find all the Pam and Tommy tapes. 

• Thanks 1

Couple things I want to note here.

Creating a decent Jason AI is a massive time, money, and resource dump. The game was designed to be a multiplayer title, with a focus on taking control over one of the most iconic slashers in history, and that means that a lot more of the time, money, and resources went into creating the multiplayer world we have now. It also means that in terms of offline play, we put the time, money, and resources into the game play that fit the design, playing as Jason. Creating a Jason AI that was up to par but also creating the multiplayer component is a matter of balancing two scales with only so much weight to distribute. Think of it like character creation in an RPG. You want to spec into one trait, but doing so is at the cost of not being able to spec into this other trait. It's not nearly as simple a thing as a lot may think, and it's not an area where we'd be willing to sacrifice standards and release a sub-par Jason AI just to be able to say we did it. That would be tacked on and not up to standards.

As for counselors being customized, I'm not entirely sure what that would require from a development stand point, but I can say this: It would be very low priority on the list with the shrinking time and resources we have. It's a wish list item that doesn't impact game play at all, and there are other things that DO impact game play that will ALWAYS take precedence over that. A request like this is often something that has to be addressed in early development, and not post launch years later.

I'm a big fan of Quality of Life changes, don't get me wrong. But if I'm being honest with you all, which I pride myself on doing so even when it causes turmoil, the time for quality of life changes that do not impact game play is well and truly passed.

That all said, one of the big reasons we couldn't just swap to peer to peer during the server attacks was that player progress and data is also stored on servers, albeit separate servers from the dedicated servers for matchmaking. Those servers can stay up far longer than matchmaking servers, meaning players will still have access to their unlocks, etc. 

All games used to be AI/bots though. Why can't games of today be like the NES games of back in the day.

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

What about loading into offline bot or the Challenges as a Counselor?

That’s what I was suggesting. Load in as the counselor you have selected with no AI Jason. Probably would only work with the bots as you would still have the time limit, but could still perform the same actions as a counselor. Just eliminate Jason for this option. 

• Like 1

The Whole game needs REDONE and Remade by another company who has alot more resources.

Great intelligent Offline Bots with Mods and add ons should have been put into the game and got approval from the beginning of the game design.

I Say Bethesda would be great for Sean Cunningham to consider after the lawsuit.

11 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s what I was suggesting. Load in as the counselor you have selected with no AI Jason. Probably would only work with the bots as you would still have the time limit, but could still perform the same actions as a counselor. Just eliminate Jason for this option. 

That’s all I want, is to be able to take a Counselor to visit. I’d like bots and for them to behave as normal, trying to escape. 
If I want them gone I’ll just kill them and be done with it. 

Going to camp as a Counselor means the content I payed for is still useable. The clothing and emotes can still be done, I can still record videos if I feel like it. 

The only extra, I would want is a shotgun with infinite ammo. So I can remove the bots faster when necessary. 

• Like 1