What qualifies as teaming?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Jason allows a specific counselor to run around freely and only comes after them once everyone else is dead.

• Teaming
    • Not teaming
  2. 2. Jason wipes out a lobby, but decides during play to allow the last surviving counselor to escape.

• Teaming
    • Not teaming
  3. 3. Jason completely ignores a specific counselor from the start, but kills everybody else.

• Teaming
    • Not teaming

No to all three, as long as your not disrupting someones game play then it's not teaming. Disrupting as in Snitching on other counselors to tell Jason where they are, hogging the key items and not using them just to piss ppl off and the other crap. 

Also, some Jason's like me, like to have some fun messing with some counselors, maybe some like to play like it's a movie where the final girl gets away (I think I'll try this sometime :D, kill all and leave Jenny alive) haha. Not saying you do this in general but I can't stand those people that take this game so serious and can't get a good laugh. Cops get called - start slashing, the cars get fixed, do the best you can to stop it. Tommy and Sweater girl kills you oh well you come back as Jason in the next game if selected again, just like Jason in the movies where he comes back on the next movie. 

Interesting poll results... 1 & 2 are fairly even, as it should be with grey areas. 3 surprises me though, that this is the option the most people are calling out as teaming. With the way option 3 is worded, to me that's the farthest of the three from teaming. Ignoring certain counselors from the start and prioritizing targets are perfectly legitimate strategy's for Jason. Especially when they're deliberately tying to get themselves killed to get Tommy, or clearly trying to distract you while their teammates get shit fixed. If I see a Jason falling for any of this shit as a counselor, that's my first sign that this Jason is either really cocky or not very good. A lot of times both.

4 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Interesting poll results... 1 & 2 are fairly even, as it should be with grey areas. 3 surprises me though, that this is the option the most people are calling out as teaming. With the way option 3 is worded, to me that's the farthest of the three from teaming. Ignoring certain counselors from the start and prioritizing targets are perfectly legitimate strategy's for Jason. Especially when they're deliberately tying to get themselves killed to get Tommy, or clearly trying to distract you while their teammates get shit fixed. If I see a Jason falling for any of this shit as a counselor, that's my first sign that this Jason is either really cocky or not very good. A lot of times both.

I may have worded it incorrectly, but what I was getting at is a situation where a counselor is basically given a free pass. Trap goes off at the phone, Jason Morphs over, see's it's said counselor, and turns around and goes elsewhere. He's not ignoring the counselor because they're a Kenny in a sea of Vanessa's, he's doing it because they're friends (or some similar reason).

Now, that said, like I've mentioned before, there are some people I am simply not going to kill if I'm Jason and they're in the lobby (provided they're staying out of other players way and not being a team-killing dicknose). Personally, I don't really care if Jason lets a friend go as long as said friend isn't ratting out player locations or being a clogged enema-nozzle by running people over or driving them right up to Jason. That's the point where I take offense.

• Thanks 1

I have played since release. You can clearly tell when someone is teaming. When they get out of the car before leave for a min and get back in and leave, most likely, they just told the teaming Jason where everyone is. If Jason runs side by side a counselor, and kills everyone but them, they probably are pointing out where everyone is. I have platinumed the game over two years now. I often get injure players, but let them fix stuff and escape to get points and XP. 

1 hour ago, kepps2020 said:

When they get out of the car before leave for a min and get back in and leave, most likely, they just told the teaming Jason where everyon trye is.

....or they're unfamiliar with the map and are taking a second to get their bearings.

Everyone is innocent until it's proved the contrary. Before actual proofs, speculations and guesses don't mean much, even if they really seem real. I voted no for the three.

1. I do that when I see a person is new to the game and doesn't understand what is happening. I don't think that is teaming.

2. If the counselor played really well and I injured him in front of the police, I usually let him escape. I don't think that's teaming.

3. As Jason, I decide who I want to kill. If I don't want to run after that Vanessa, and aim for the fixer first, that's none of anyone's business. I don't think that's teaming.

The three could be used for teaming, but none of them tells necessarily if someone is teaming or not.

Accusing people of something you don't know for sure is wrong and annoying, I would advise everyone to don't do that. That's what I think.

We'll never fully agree on what is considered teaming.

If I suspect a player is teaming, I'll finish the match as intended, then move on. If I see the offender(s) again in the future, I'll change lobbies immediately. There are still plenty of decent players out there.

• Like 2

I don't care if a Jason lets his friend run around until they are last as long as he kills them when opportunity allows. But if the counselor is actively following other counselors around and telling Jason where they are/closing windows/getting in their way/holding the fuse or car keys/etc, is when I have a problem. Also when Jason doesn't kill them at all. Actively working together to take out counselors is teaming. Like betraying people in the car or picking them up and stopping so Jason can grab them is the issue.

I have friend that I sometimes let them get shit done and rescue other counselors, but if I get an easy chance I will kill them, I just prioritize others.

Seeing Jason and a counselor running side by side is when I get frustrated. They have the same goal at that point, to get Jason as many kills as possible.

15 hours ago, TheFinalFriday said:

I don't care if a Jason lets his friend run around until they are last as long as he kills them when opportunity allows. But if the counselor is actively following other counselors around and telling Jason where they are/closing windows/getting in their way/holding the fuse or car keys/etc, is when I have a problem. Also when Jason doesn't kill them at all. Actively working together to take out counselors is teaming. Like betraying people in the car or picking them up and stopping so Jason can grab them is the issue.

I have friend that I sometimes let them get shit done and rescue other counselors, but if I get an easy chance I will kill them, I just prioritize others.

Seeing Jason and a counselor running side by side is when I get frustrated. They have the same goal at that point, to get Jason as many kills as possible.

Sometimes, this Jason just wants to troll counselors more than kill them. If you can get a female counselor to play along, I've found it greatly entertaining if you have the female get the sweater, then have her follow you around until you find "Jason" (Tommy works best for this), then both of you proceed to attack "Jason" until hes limping, at which point you can have the female use the sweater if you'd like. When nothing happens, have her spray Tommy and either escape or resume normal game-play content with the knowledge that you have thoroughly confused the shit out of the counselors.