RetroJason89

PT.5 forehead chevron in the game!

Ok before we get into how i made this lil discovery let me say that i'm one of those fans who can see the outline of a forehead chevron on the pt.5 hock in the movie as it's clearly evident along with the rumored history that the pt.5 mask was a mold of pt.4 so it's possible the leftover forehead chevron was imprinted onto the pt.5 hock when creating the blank but with that said let's begin with how i discover the forehead chevron in the game! So i was playing on bots trying grind to 113 & waiting for the counselors to fall for my bear traps along with Tommy to appear (boring process to say the least) i was then adjusting my brightness for bettering viewing purposes then when i looked at Roy i noticed more features on his mask & behold the outline of a forehead chevron is there!

fw2Q158.png

Aside from the chevron being the wrong (it's clearly a pt.3/4 in the movie not pt.6) i was happy but then i wondered "where did they get the scan of the mask from?" so being the geek i am i looked up the neca version as they did something similar with their mask including the outline forehead pt.6 chevron 

81RpE7qpHoL._AC_SX425_.jpg[/img]

& case closed right? Nope! While similar to the game's counterpart the paint chipping on the top of mask is missing so it wasn't neca as the scan (though close) i went & looked for any professional pt.5 hock replicas & found Crash Cunningham's!

Friday-the-13th-Part-5-A-New-Beginning-C[/img]

Right down to the correct chipping & chevrons! 

Anyways thought i'd share this as this was a fun lil investigation & figured other pt.5 fans or fans general would happy as well!

• Thanks 1

I own 2 crash Cunningham masks, a part 8 and 7, and am about to order a part 4 shower scene, he makes the best masks IMO.

The part 6 style Chevron can be seen on part 5s dream sequence Jason. They probably noticed the outline and just took a guess based on the dream sequence mask look. Had they used ghost Jasons mask for reference from the end of the movie, they would've had it right.

28 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The part 6 style Chevron can be seen on part 5s dream sequence Jason. They probably noticed the outline and just took a guess based on the dream sequence mask look. Had they used ghost Jasons mask for reference from the end of the movie, they would've had it right.

Dream sequence Jason? Thought his chevron was a pt.3/4 as the the triangle is dented like pt.3/4 where's pt.6 is more straightened.

57 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

Dream sequence Jason? Thought his chevron was a pt.3/4 as the the triangle is dented like pt.3/4 where's pt.6 is more straightened.

No the dream sequence Jason had a part 6 style Chevron in the beginning of the movie where Tommy watches him get dug up. It also has the straps mounted on the inside of the mask, unlike any other Jason varient. I call it hallucination Jason to differentiate from the very different looking "ghost Jason" from the end of the movie. It seems to slowly change throughout the movie becoming more realistic looking. By the final scene in the hospital it becomes full blown part 4 Jason (ghost Jason) complete with battle damage from Tommy. Apparently showing his hallucinations becoming a reality before Tommy puts on the part 5 mask just before it cuts to the credits.

58 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It's meant to be as if it had a chevron but it peeled off some time prior, and has gotten more dirty since.

I know but makes me happy knowing the mask had one.😊