Has anybody else experienced this? It happened to me for the first time last night when I was playing on my Nintendo Switch Lite – I began a match as a counselor after a successful one as Jason, and a few seconds into it, suddenly my buttons don’t work. It’s not an interaction glitch because all the buttons show up when I go near a door or a drawer, etc. and I can still walk, run, rotate my camera around but I can’t push any buttons (can’t open drawers, pick things up, attack, combat stance, click my flashlight, crouch, go in and out of windows, open or lock doors, etc.). Does anybody know what the cause of this is?

The match seems to start out completely fine and then suddenly I can’t do anything except for walk. It’s made me have to quit 2 Jason matches so far (which I hate doing since being Jason is the best part of the game). Both matches didn’t even last a minute before I found I couldn’t push any buttons, in one I was stuck in combat stance and couldn’t do anything from there.  In one match I was in as a counselor, I actually got kicked out of the server  and got a message saying something along the lines of a connection error. 

I tried restarting the whole system and yet it keeps happening. I thought it was a problem with my actual Switch (which is rather new), so I tried playing offline bots to see what happens from there and not once did I have any issues. Seems this only happens in online play. I never had any problems with this until last night and into today. This has never happened on my Xbox or anything either. Does anybody know why this is happening? Or anybody who plays on Switch possibly know how to fix this? OR is this an issue with the game itself and the online servers? 
@mattshotcha

27 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

Has anybody else experienced this? It happened to me for the first time last night when I was playing on my Nintendo Switch Lite – I began a match as a counselor after a successful one as Jason, and a few seconds into it, suddenly my buttons don’t work. It’s not an interaction glitch because all the buttons show up when I go near a door or a drawer, etc. and I can still walk, run, rotate my camera around but I can’t push any buttons (can’t open drawers, pick things up, attack, combat stance, click my flashlight, crouch, go in and out of windows, open or lock doors, etc.). Does anybody know what the cause of this is?

The match seems to start out completely fine and then suddenly I can’t do anything except for walk. It’s made me have to quit 2 Jason matches so far (which I hate doing since being Jason is the best part of the game). Both matches didn’t even last a minute before I found I couldn’t push any buttons, in one I was stuck in combat stance and couldn’t do anything from there.  In one match I was in as a counselor, I actually got kicked out of the server  and got a message saying something along the lines of a connection error. 

I tried restarting the whole system and yet it keeps happening. I thought it was a problem with my actual Switch (which is rather new), so I tried playing offline bots to see what happens from there and not once did I have any issues. Seems this only happens in online play. I never had any problems with this until last night and into today. This has never happened on my Xbox or anything either. Does anybody know why this is happening? Or anybody who plays on Switch possibly know how to fix this? OR is this an issue with the game itself and the online servers? 
@mattshotcha

The interaction issue actually could be related to the server issues we've been facing, as that's a byproduct of the server going out for some. It starts to show signs of interactions in game not working almost as if severe lag is spiking, then disconnects.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The interaction issue actually could be related to the server issues we've been facing, as that's a byproduct of the server going out for some. It starts to show signs of interactions in game not working almost as if severe lag is spiking, then disconnects.

Thanks for the answer. I thought it could be something to do with the server issues, but I wasn’t sure. Hopefully things will get better soon. 

I have the same problem on the Xbox. I cannot even lock doors, open windows, or grab a weapon

18 hours ago, marc2010a said:

I have the same problem on the Xbox. I cannot even lock doors, open windows, or grab a weapon

Thanks for letting me know It’s also happening to you. It’s very annoying because it basically makes the game unplayable for the time being. I hate having to quit matches (especially as Jason) but when you can’t do anything but walk around, then you kind of have to quit. :(

It worked fine yesterday, and I was able to play full games, but today, it;s back to the same problem. I can move around and such, but cannot as much as open a window or a door and just got kicked from a game due to network issues

It should be noted that everything is fine, in single-player mode, just multi-player is FUBAR

I've also ventured to the Steam Forums and it seems a lot of PC players are getting 'fatal errors', so it seems it's all of us