14 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

So @mattshotchahave the hackers won? We ever going to get to enjoy Quick Play on dedicated servers ever again? Because if we have to go back to peer to peer that is going to be a nightmare just like it was last time. 

We're going to have to go back to peer to peer soon enough anyhow. Dedicated servers can't be up forever. But the issue here is that we still need to close the vulnerability EVEN IF we are on peer to peer. It seems like it's fine on P2P because if you make it online past the database login, you can play them. But there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of players that can't get past even the database login. That's an immediate blocker to playing at all.

7 hours ago, SirMang said:

Just go back to P2P already.  

Playing some games and dealing with the occasional host quit is better than playing no games.

Please see above. It wouldn't resolve the issue and would divert the team from completing the work that would resolve things for most, if not all the player base.

We need the database servers to be functional so players can access unlocks, stats, XP, CP, etc.

So this situation is important regardless of Dedis or P2P.

That said, I should have some news on things by end of day. The team is currently tackling an unexpected situation with deployment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Playing through a match right now on PS4.

All is smooth for now, match is almost over, but I had to fight like hell to even get in a lobby.

Watching a Vanessa just explore Higgens Haven for a full 10 mins after everyone else has escaped while Jason is AFK...so glad the game works when I'm not playing...

11 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Agreed.  There are usually 60 or so private match posts at any given time on the Xbox so it doesn't take long to find a good group to play with.  The biggest downside to Private Matches is having to listen to teenage drama while waiting for people to ready up in the lobby. 

I refuse to touch those posts unless I'm familiar with the poster. Otherwise it's nothing but twelve-year-olds, teamer ambushes , or other obnoxious dweebs. I'd almost rather sit through four server crashes to find a match. Even if I am desperate enough to try one, the second I hear any of them refer to Jason as the 'The Killer" I'm fucking out.

7 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We're going to have to go back to peer to peer soon enough anyhow. Dedicated servers can't be up forever. But the issue here is that we still need to close the vulnerability EVEN IF we are on peer to peer. It seems like it's fine on P2P because if you make it online past the database login, you can play them. But there is a SIGNIFICANT amount of players that can't get past even the database login. That's an immediate blocker to playing at all.

So if we are going peer to peer soon are we going to see the salt mines implemented once more?

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

So if we are going peer to peer soon are we going to see the salt mines implemented once more?

I hope so. Also I can't wait for people to start complaining about frame lag and bad ping again.

Punishments for leaving like the salt mines will just create trolls in my opinion.Once they get punished they'll just find other ways to make your game miserable as possible skirting the salt mine penalty.

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Punishments for leaving like the salt mines will just create trolls in my opinion.Once they get punished they'll just find other ways to make your game miserable as possible skirting the salt mine penalty.

It was a thing before. Pretty sure it will be a thing again if they go peer to peer again. 

If they can't fix the maps to prevent people from standing on god spots without solution, then the Salt Mines are absolutely a bad idea. They were a bad idea before too with a low playerbase.

Jason nor legit Counselors who have died or escaped and want to finish a map aren't going to be willing to watch someone stand on a rock for 20 minutes. If they leave, they get punished, not the troll who stands there for 20 minutes. See the problem?

12 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I refuse to touch those posts unless I'm familiar with the poster. Otherwise it's nothing but twelve-year-olds, teamer ambushes , or other obnoxious dweebs. I'd almost rather sit through four server crashes to find a match. Even if I am desperate enough to try one, the second I hear any of them refer to Jason as the 'The Killer" I'm fucking out.

Idk about any of that.  Sure, there are lots of a-holes and annoying people out there.  But if you are afraid to meet new people and only want to play with friends then you are missing out.

Btw, annoyance is not limited to age.  I've had a lot of fun playing with kids who are 30 years younger than me and had terrible experiences with people my own age.  Sure, kids may be more likely to annoy me than adults but I am not going to stereotype any age group as better or worse than another.  I'll base my judgements on my personal interactions with individuals and not their demographic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

If they can't fix the maps to prevent people from standing on god spots without solution, then the Salt Mines are absolutely a bad idea. They were a bad idea before too with a low playerbase.

100% agree.I can see a definite decrease coming just due to it going to P2P in of itself.On Steam you only had 500-600 players at peak hours and I can see that going down to maybe half that  once P2P kicks in.Then you are going to punish people for rage quitting or leaving because they weren't chosen to be Jason? Not a way to keep a player base.As I said after their punishment they will comeback and take it out on other players like hoarding objective parts, trapping you in no escape spots aiming a gun at you so you can't go anywhere, going and getting the sweater real early so you can't kill Jason. Do you want to deal with that?There are already people doing these things now and it would just get worse.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Idk about any of that.  Sure, there are lots of a-holes and annoying people out there.  But if you are afraid to meet new people and only want to play with friends then you are missing out.

Btw, annoyance is not limited to age.  I've had a lot of fun playing with kids who are 30 years younger than me and had terrible experiences with people my own age.  Sure, kids may be more likely to annoy me than adults but I am not going to stereotype any age group as better or worse than another.  I'll base my judgements on my personal interactions with individuals and not their demographic.

I'm glad you've had better experiences with those posts, all mine have been terrible so I stopped bothering with them. (The 5 on 1 Teamer ambush was kind of fun though) My problem playing with kids isn't so much the fact that their kids, than that they're playing this game at all. As a father, there's no way in hell I'm letting my young son even look at a game like this until he's emotionally mature enough to understand what's going on. Especially with the way some of the people on this game talk, and I'm definitely no angel. 

Seems like we’re under attack again. Those same timeouts as before happening to me on PS4...CA server

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 1:39 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

It was a thing before. Pretty sure it will be a thing again if they go peer to peer again. 

I still don't think they ever existed. 

so i played public on xbox last night for several hours before it began crashing again.. a little ray of mass murdering hope.

2 hours ago, Pyegow said:

Seems like we’re under attack again. Those same timeouts as before happening to me on PS4...CA server

Yep

Can't even get in a lobby now, just gets stuck on "Checking Session for Room"

UPDATE: Got a P2P server going, add me if you wanna play on PS4. Gamertag is the same as my username. I'll keep the lobby open as long as I can.

i honestly think going peer to peer would be the nail in the coffin for this game

24 minutes ago, shady said:

i honestly think going peer to peer would be the nail in the coffin for this game

It's gonna happen eventually, whether we want it to or not...

And honestly, I'll take P2P over servers that are under constant DDOS attack...

6 hours ago, Gottaevil said:

This is Gun Media plan to kill the game.

Did you come to this conclusion all by yourself?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Did you come to this conclusion all by yourself?

He's not the only one who has conspiracy theories.From the Steam discussion board...its NOT hackers! this is the 3rd time this has happened and the update yesteday didnt even last 15 hours, think this isnt possible, i work in the IT field am microsoft certified, cisco certified, and have mastered over 10 programming languages, i could see hackers geting the server once, but twice nope a 3rd time??!?!?! NOPE! WTF is monkeys typing in the code at the servers??? the dedicated servers are crapping out and they dont want to replace them, simple as

• Sad 1

Why cant we have Bots in the place of missing online players when not enough players online join quick play.

@mattshotcha     

Can Bot counselors get an updated programing to hit and dodge Jason and get the sweater,fix phone box and run their own best perks.

It would be so cool to have Bot Counselors that drive and stop and reverse in the car to pick up other counselors.

Online Bots should be looked into once the game gets further down the road.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

He's not the only one who has conspiracy theories.From the Steam discussion board...its NOT hackers! this is the 3rd time this has happened and the update yesteday didnt even last 15 hours, think this isnt possible, i work in the IT field am microsoft certified, cisco certified, and have mastered over 10 programming languages, i could see hackers geting the server once, but twice nope a 3rd time??!?!?! NOPE! WTF is monkeys typing in the code at the servers??? the dedicated servers are crapping out and they dont want to replace them, simple as

In your opinion and experience do you think that online gaming and maintenance for Friday the 13th the game is ending or wrapping up.

Maybe Gun media is getting ready for another game.

Maybe a HUGE FRANCHISE HORROR GAME IS GETTING READY TO BE ANNOUNCED.

18 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Why cant we have Bots in the place of missing online players when not enough players online join quick play.

@mattshotcha     

Can Bot counselors get an updated programing to hit and dodge Jason and get the sweater,fix phone box and run their own best perks.

It would be so cool to have Bot Counselors that drive and stop and reverse in the car to pick up other counselors.

Online Bots should be looked into once the game gets further down the road.

Good idea, I've been thinking about it too. 

• Thanks 1