Okay so I finally get a hosted Lobby. I'm the only one and then people finally come and we have a full games getting ready to start and yet it's sitting here and never starts because these scumbag hackers I guess ... but I thought if you got one of these lobbies that the scumbag hackers couldn't Hack it? I told everybody in the lobby that I'll be here all night and that we can play all night because I'm not going to leave, if I have to go to the bathroom they can kill me  and I can be back by the next game so somebody's been telling me some wrong information if this Libby won't play. I've seen others self-hosted lobbies and they play fine but now, I finally am the host of one and it's sitting here with a black screen for last 10 minutes and Lord knows why the hell it is. Are the self-hosted lobbies, the non-dedicated lobby servers, Hackable or not? This is so effing annoying

It’s weird but this evening I can get every so many sessions to work to play out a full match (maybe every 8-10 matches). Didn’t experience this last time the servers were hacked. Anyone else running into this? This is just me joining random QP lobbies.

It' was hit and miss for me on Xbox last night. Got the dreaded interaction lock during the first match, played the next two with no issue, got kicked the next two, and then found another match I was able to play with no issue. That was pretty much the pattern for me all night. I was able to find a few matches, but had to deal with a couple of dud lobbies first before I found one that worked. 

8 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Might as well go peer to peer again and drop the server’s entirely.

That would be a potential solution.

5 hours ago, Rabid-child said:

Were the servers not patched after last time? You know it's that rain reach loser again, right?

I never saw an official post saying the problem was fixed the first time. Perhaps I missed it.

It's possible the hackers just stopped, laid low, and waited to strike again.

It would be nice if they just stopped doing this, and let the players play in peace, with the time that is left on the proverbial clock.

• Like 2

Can't get more than 30 seconds into a match on PS4 without interaction lock followed by connection timeout.

I had just gotten back into this game, too...

FWIW, I managed to drop into my own hosted P2P session tonight (PS4) and had a bunch of matches and all were good. One was even a full room. No problems at all assuming your internet speed is decent. Minuses are the time it takes for people to join, and the ones that do are reluctant to stick around for the extra minutes it takes to get at least five players in for a balanced match on a small map.

The one time I had a full game was when 3-4 people dropped in on the final loading screen, likely lucky-timed deferrals who couldn't find a match on the dedicated servers.

I'm all in favor of the D-Servers being shut down during the investigation/repair, @mattshotcha, if community votes should be taken into consideration at some point. P2P is better than nothing, as at least then, good players can try to host matches and it won't take long for the rooms to fill up. I could handle the way it was tonight till things are sorted out.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:08 PM, SteveChristy said:

Just had three games in a row (on PS4) lock up during the first minute and crash moments later. Feels very reminiscent of a recent issue. 🤔

@mattshotcha

48118298.jpg

• Haha 1

Ah shit not again! The Hacker should know that at this point it's a federal crime regardless and he or she will be spending ALOT of time in Prison if they are caught.

• Like 3

Hey all, the team looked at every angle when assessing the situation initially. 

We explored the option of the swap to P2P, but that would still leave gaps in security due to how player stats (CP, Perks, etc.) is stored.

I expect to have more news very soon on the progress being made by the team to get you all connected again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Hey all, the team looked at every angle when assessing the situation initially. 

We explored the option of the swap to P2P, but that would still leave gaps in security due to how player stats (CP, Perks, etc.) is stored.

I expect to have more news very soon on the progress being made by the team to get you all connected again.

Thank you Matt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Mayday said:

Do you have any new for players who cannot login since July 1 (database login failure) ? mattshotcha

Other than to stay up on your ticket with support, no not yet. 

If you've encountered that, please do keep up with the ticket with support and keep an eye on inboxes. They're still working through things.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Please for the love of god get the dedicated servers back up i for one do not want to go back to "p2p". I know it will come one day but at least not now i hated the bad ping and shitty host's who quit because they die first or hold you hostage the whole game.       Also wanted to add going back to p2p would probably drive away most of the remaining players once the host thing starts again.

Edited by camp_voorhees
forgot to add
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Other than to stay up on your ticket with support, no not yet. 

If you've encountered that, please do keep up with the ticket with support and keep an eye on inboxes. They're still working through things.

Please switch to P2P to allow everybody to play the game. All matchs works fine on Private Match. Private Matchs are P2P too.

58 minutes ago, camp_voorhees said:

Please for the love of god get the dedicated servers back up i for one do not want to go back to "p2p". I know it will come one day but at least not now i hated the bad ping and shitty host's who quit because they die first or hold you hostage the whole game.       Also wanted to add going back to p2p would probably drive away most of the remaining players once the host thing starts again.

I have to be honest here, the day we switch back to peer to peer is still coming. Dedicated servers can't stay up forever indefinitely. And judging by your comment, I have to say it's coming sooner than you might think.

But this issue with the servers right now needs to be addressed regardless, due to the fact that our backend relies on some level of servers for player stats, perks, etc. That's the "database" you see referenced in some errors. So even if we were already on peer to peer matches, we'd still need to address this.

17 minutes ago, Biel said:

Please switch to P2P to allow everybody to play the game. All matchs works fine on Private Match. Private Matchs are P2P too.

See above. This would still create issues if we were switched to peer to peer, due to the database servers needing to be online. 

EDIT: For further clarity, the situation we are facing will need to be resolved separately of any plans to switch back to peer to peer. Dedicated servers already have a life expectancy, regardless of this situation. But this situation eliminates all options for players to play online without instability. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

the day we switch back to peer to peer is still coming

Can you add the option "Create a Public Lobby"? Then, we could be the hosts of our own lobbies when we wanted, so we wouldn't have to deal with rage quitting hosts.

• Like 1

Something naturally should be done about host quitters when it comes to peer to peer. I'm just not so sure they have the courage to 'punish' what will be left of the playerbase by then. I'm not talking about Salt Mines either.

Something along the lines of a tracking system for hosts and when a host leaves x amount of times, they are not allowed to host anymore (permanently or x amount of games) and someone else inside the lobby is assigned automatically. Eventually this could weed out teamers/trolls/kill squad eqo types who host quit if Jason can't be killed, etc. If by some chance everyone in said lobby is some kind of scumbag, then it would randomly assign a host. Chances are, that doesn't come but I've seen the same types of players with the same names over and over in PC lobbies, so it might not work even then.

Salt Mines shouldn't be a thing though. It'll punish the leavers for leaving bad host games more than it will punish bad host games. They sit on a rock for 20 minutes where Jason can't knife them, they get to stay out of the mines while everyone else leaves and gets punished for it. Not good.

• Like 1

Could we get a matchmaking ban for quitters in the game? Maybe like 15 minute timeout for example? 

28 minutes ago, Dio said:

Could we get a matchmaking ban for quitters in the game? Maybe like 15 minute timeout for example? 

They tried something like this in the past. It was called the Salt Mines. They did not work.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I have to be honest here, the day we switch back to peer to peer is still coming. Dedicated servers can't stay up forever indefinitely. And judging by your comment, I have to say it's coming sooner than you might think.

But this issue with the servers right now needs to be addressed regardless, due to the fact that our backend relies on some level of servers for player stats, perks, etc. That's the "database" you see referenced in some errors. So even if we were already on peer to peer matches, we'd still need to address this.

See above. This would still create issues if we were switched to peer to peer, due to the database servers needing to be online. 

EDIT: For further clarity, the situation we are facing will need to be resolved separately of any plans to switch back to peer to peer. Dedicated servers already have a life expectancy, regardless of this situation. But this situation eliminates all options for players to play online without instability. 

I Suspect that Gun media is getting ready for its next HUGE HORROR FRANCHISE GAME.

Please give us a hint of Gun Medias next game.

Has Gun media got the license for Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• Confused 1

Can a host migration be implemented to P2P? That way a host rage quitting wouldn't be a issue and you would not need a punishment system.  Punishments will only lead to more trolling in my opinion. If they can't leave or be punished, they will find other means to make everyone's game experience miserable.On top of that you couldn't prove they quit on purpose just like they can't totally prove teaming even if it appears to be obvious.

19 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I Suspect that Gun media is getting ready for its next HUGE HORROR FRANCHISE GAME.

Please give us a hint of Gun Medias next game.

Has Gun media got the license for Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

We're making a game based off the Cap'n Crunch cereal franchise.

Seriously, Strigoi, we are not going to announce a project in the comments section of an unrelated thread. Hell, we're not going to announce a project on this forum even. That's not how this works.

17 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Can a host migration be implemented to P2P? That way a host rage quitting wouldn't be a issue and you would not need a punishment system.  Punishments will only lead to more trolling in my opinion. If they can't leave or be punished, they will find other means to make everyone's game experience miserable.On top of that you couldn't prove they quit on purpose just like they can't totally prove teaming even if it appears to be obvious.

I don't know what all that would entail and matchmaking has a tendency to be a tricky spot in the game since the dev team swap. 

• Haha 2

Just played a full match on the eu servers. Hopefully not just a one off or something. 

Next match crashed after opening 2 drawers.