Ive been playing the game for 100 hours and im level 40, but ive never played jason. I've always had my preference set to counselor and im not really sure on how to play jason, any tips?

39 minutes ago, powerhouse33 said:

Ive been playing the game for 100 hours and im level 40, but ive never played jason. I've always had my preference set to counselor and im not really sure on how to play jason, any tips?

May I recommend my videos? Granted I'm only at lvl.49 but I play from experience due to being 150 on 2 accounts on the switch.

-watch other jason players videos for tips

-use Offline bots to practice Shift ability (including holding RB to Stafe while in Shift)

-trap objectives before you start chasing counselors around

-when a high stam counselor wants to run circles around tables or cabins, DONT STOP.  They WILL run out of stamina if you keep pressure on them and dont let them stand still.

-break as many windows as you can

-use TKs to get easy damage on counselors who are going through windows

-if you get trolled, dont quit.  Remember its the trollers who look ike ass-clowns to the rest of the Lobby.

Good luck and have fun killin' !

• Like 3

6 hours ago, powerhouse33 said:

0-if you see the tommy jarvis tower on the cutscene, turn off the lights of the cabin

1-trap the phone

2-trap the cars

4-always prioritize high repair counselors, then high strength counselors, then the rest is the rest.

5-don't give up. counselors will humiliate you on some of your first matches, but don't let it make you quit. you'll never be good if you don't fail multiple times.

6-use offline bots to practice your shift.

7-never underestimate stalk, use it as long as possible.

• Like 1

dont use the mainstream jasons, part 9 is one of the best jasons but people rearly use him cause his stats are not meta.

ALWAYS trap phonebox.

never focus on someone for a long time, teammates will fix everything.

dont trap the cars. only trap the driver seat if battery is in.

if someone wants to die dont kill them, 99% of the time is a jason killing team.

if the cops get called go into killer mode and really conserntrate with killing everyone and dont trap the exits that litereally so stupid.

if there are people with name likeness you should trap the shack, big chance its a killing team.

and my best advise, use the attack block if you get ganged up on. it will save you and the survivors will break their weapons.

• Like 2

#1 pub lobby Jason mistake:

the short shift.

Jason's shift for base and plus shift lasts 6 seconds. That equals out to a lot of stam burning while the counselor is frantically running around trying to avoid being shift grabbed. Don't just use your shift to get up behind them with a hail Mary attempt at a grab. Try shifting out past them and turning back into them to burn up the full shift. You can practice on bots til you get the hang of it.

#2 pub lobby Jason mistake:

Grabbing in groups.

If there are 2 or more counselors fairly close together don't be afraid to slash. If your shift is recharged you can slash then quickly shift away to avoid any follow up attacks by the counselors.

• Like 1

Yeah short shifting is VERY situational  and yes don't grab in groups and by groups that means 2 counselors or more don't listen to all the slash complaints over their mics or in lobby chat afterwards.I pay zero attention if they whine about slashing in that scenario. ALLWAYS slash Tommy to death no matter what IMO.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

short shifting is VERY situational 

you guys overestimate pub lobbies players. half of them run in a straight line when jason uses shift.

but yes if you are facing experienced counselors short shift is kind of trash, but on most of the matches, jason can just troll and go only for environmental kills, and counselors still all die in the first 10min.

DO NOT GRAB WHEN SURROUNDED BY COUNSELORS

Break down at least one door on every cabin you come across (assuming they're close by and you've got the time). If the last counselor alive tries to survive the night, you don't know where they'll end up.

On bigger maps, use the waterways to get around if you for whatever reason don't want to Morph.

Ambushes are common, so get used to going into combat stance and holding block when searching a cabin/building/etc... that you saw somebody run into but not out of.

Trap your shack. Jason-kills are common too.

If they dive through a window just before you grab them, pull out a throwing knife and hit them as they're getting up. If you can't get to them before they get up, hit the window with the knife instead.

If you're inside with a counselor and they try going through a window when you approach, tap L1 to quick-toss a knife. If it hits, it will cancel the climb animation and leave them open to a grab.

If you miss or don't have any knives left, walk out of the room and turn on Sense. If they/re waiting by the window, wait a few seconds to see if they climb back in now that you're out of sight. If they don't climb in, but they're not running either, activate Shift inside the cabin and shift to a spot close to the window they climbed out of, such as a corner or a nearby desk. You'd be amazed how often this gets them to jump back inside that same window.

Don't tunnel the first counselor you see, especially if they're fast. This is how 20-minute long goose chases start out.

Any counselor with an axe or machete is trying to kill you until proven otherwise.

Any counselor that runs up to you and starts dancing or flashing their light is either:

A) Trying to get you to kill them so they can come back as Tommy, or

B] Trying to get you to chase them so other counselors can repair objectives. In either case, ignore them.

If you're breaking into an occupied cabin, listen for the 'grunt' sound cue that means someone's climbing through a window, and use combat stance for the last hit. This will let you block just in case somebody is on the other side of the door waiting you hit you when it comes down.

If you hear a skill-check fail, turn on Stalk (if you have it) before you try to stop them. Most counselors will be listening for you so they know when to quit repairing and run. You've got a better chance of catching them in the middle of it if they don't hear you coming.

When counselors lock themselves in an upstairs room, they're probably planning to jump out and heal up when the land. Turn on Sense (so you will instantly know when they're climbing out), hit the door once, and wait a few seconds. If they're still inside, hit it again. If they're STILL inside, get ready to quick-toss a knife as soon as the door comes down, just in case they're planning to climb out when you try entering the room.

Traps disarmed with PK's will show up as triggered on your map, but you won't hear the audio cue. Every now and then, take a peek at the map to see if anything's been disarmed.

If the cops are on scene and counselors are loitering near the exit, do not grab...PERIOD. The only reason they're still there is so they can bait you into grabbing them. The only reason they're baiting you into grabbing them is because they have PK's and want to troll you. Slash those bitches to death.

If the sweater is taken, find and kill Sweater-Girl immediately. She didn't yoink your sweater because she thought it went well with her shoes. 

If you DO end up getting killed, don't be a bitch-pussy and quit mid-death. It makes any shame or embarrassment you feel infinitely worse.

• Like 3

I was to offer up advice but anything I would say pales compared to the above advice by HaHaTrumpWon.  The only thing I would add is to use your Sense sparingly. Flip it on to spot targets and shut it off again to let it recharge quicker and save it for when you're chasing a counselor in the dark. There's nothing worse than losing a counselor right in front of you.

37 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I was to offer up advice but anything I would say pales compared to the above advice by HaHaTrumpWon.  The only thing I would add is to use your Sense sparingly. Flip it on to spot targets and shut it off again to let it recharge quicker and save it for when you're chasing a counselor in the dark. There's nothing worse than losing a counselor right in front of you.

It's not a contest to see who can give the most tips. We both want the same thing; to help a n00b Jason-player succeed.

• Like 1

I love using the sense ability when shifting towards a counsellor. Problem for me is the game is so dark, despite making numerous game/tv adjustments, and it’s almost impossible to see them outside as Jason, especially if you kill the power or play in a lit room? Also keep in mind that your sense won’t always necessarily work on counsellors inside of cabins, outhouses and tents, when they choose the indoor/sense perk. After Jason rages however, you’ll pick them up anywhere, regardless of their perks. 

Hey, I’ve filed a few tickets with “JasonKillsBugs” and never has came out of it. 
I am playing on Xbox one, and all of my friends and I run into the same issue everytime we’ve tried to play a private match in the past few months...

We can accept invites perfectly fine, and load perfectly fine, but our mics in gamechat refuse to work while in the lobby or loaded into an game.

-We’ve done the following to attempt to fix the issue

Uninstalled, Reinstalled- Checked Chat settings- Tried a few different host 

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's not a contest to see who can give the most tips. We both want the same thing; to help a n00b Jason-player succeed.

Totally agree. I hope I didnt imply otherwise. Just saying your advice was thorough. Hell, I took a few pointers from it lol

As far as kill-squads and Jason Hunters go, they're not exactly difficult to spot. Red flags that you're dealing with kill-squads include but are not limited to:

Being confronted by more than 2-3 counselors armed with machetes or axes.

Lobbies full of Vanessa's or TIffany's (this doesn't always mean it's a kill-squad, as many players just like Vanessa or TIff because they're fast).

Cabins that have been looted with untouched repair parts in plain view.

Early-round aggression, especially from high strength counselors such as Buggzy, Adam, or Fox (and sometimes Vanessa's)

Being "followed" by counselors who aren't advancing on you, but aren't running away either.

Counselors that seem to be "trying to get killed". If you can walk right up to someone and they make no effort to run, don't kill them.

Finding items such as first-aid, axes/machetes, or PK's dropped next to your shack.

User profile background images that seem to be screenshots of Jason-kills.

If you suspect the counselors are going to attempt to kill you:

Once again,  DO NOT GRAB WHEN SURROUNDED BY COUNSELORS. This will get you demasked ultra-fast.

As an extension to the above ^^ do not do ANYTHING that involves an animation if counselors are close by. Don't break doors, power boxes, gather knives, grab, place traps, smash windows, or destroy radio's. Anything involving an animation is a chance to get a free shot on Jason.

If time and circumstances permit, make a random surprise visit to your shack sometime after the first 1-2 counselors die. Waiting near the shack until Tommy spawns in is a common tactic.

You're not the fucking Terminator, so don't try to soak up damage like you are.

Shotguns do a lot of damage, try to avoid getting shot. Once the mask is off, it's much less about "inflicting damage" and much more about "making Jason hold still long enough for Tommy and SG to get into position".

For the love of God, don't pursue Tommy and SG into your shack. This goes double if you've taken more than 2 or 3 hits, and triple if you've lost your mask.

If you absolutely must, at least turn on Stalk, wait a few seconds for the ambient background sounds to come back, then Shift inside. If both Tommy and SG are in there, don't grab either of them unless you're willing to bet your life they're out of PK's. If you grab them and get PK'ed, you're fucked.

Don't plop a trap down and stand on it thinking it will prevent you from getting killed, because it won't. This only works if:

1) You're a couple of feet behind the trap (so you're not covering it if you drop to your knees), and...

2) You're in a position where Tommy cannot approach you from any angle except head on. Even then, it probably won't work.

If your shack trap goes off (assuming you put one down) and someone's still in it when you get there, don't grab. If you do, they're going to PK you, heal, grab the sweater, and be gone by the time the stun wears off. Instead, hit them with a throwing knife (this pulls the out of the animation and into a standing position), hold block, and slowly approach. Assuming she doesn't have a shotgun or isn't using Thick Skin, her only survival option is going to be stunning you and using that time to heal up and escape. If you just start slashing, she can simply stun you with whatever weapon she's carrying. and then you've lost your chance. Hold block, approach slowly, tap R2 to do a quick light-attack, hold block again, back off, and repeat. If she tries to heal, R2 her again, or come out of combat stance and use a TK. The goal is to avoid getting hit while still making sure she can't heal or run away.

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Once again,  DO NOT GRAB WHEN SURROUNDED BY COUNSELORS. This will get you demasked ultra-fast.

Eh

Everything's situational to be honest. If they spread too far apart and you see an opportunity to take one out, by all means do it.

This was a pretty fun match against a decent kill squad. They even had the decency to say GG after the match was over.

12 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Eh

Everything's situational to be honest. If they spread too far apart and you see an opportunity to take one out, by all means do it.

This was a pretty fun match against a decent kill squad. They even had the decency to say GG after the match was over.

Even if you do manage to get the kill off, it leaves you open to being hit by counselors as soon as the kill animation finishes. I don't know about you, but to me that's a poor decision. What do you plan to do if if the hit breaks your mask? Yeah, you got the kill,  but now your mask is off and the counselor you just killed could potentially come back as Tommy. Yes, even if you slash him/her instead of grabbing there's a chance of them spawning in as Tommy, but at least you'd still have your mask.

Edit: I just noticed SaveDaLastZombie was in there. He's a lot of fun to play with.

Back in the old days, you had godframes and meat shielding. Two tools that helped with crowds.

They were removed, intentionally or unintentionally.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Back in the old days, you had godframes and meat shielding. Two tools that helped with crowds.

They were removed, intentionally or unintentionally.

There's still god frames

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Even if you do manage to get the kill off, it leaves you open to being hit by counselors as soon as the kill animation finishes. I don't know about you, but to me that's a poor decision

Occasionally, especially if you do the choke kill, someone will get the timing right. That's why I have other quick kills set up that are harder to time the wake up hit.

Throwing knives are Jason's best friend don't pass them up, learn quick toss and practice, practice, practice look on YT for tutorials on this helped me a ton.It becomes second nature once you have used them enough. If you are really quick on the draw, I've noticed you can negate a flare gun shot if they fire as you are releasing the knife they cancel each other out maybe it was just luck but it's happened more than once.

19 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Everything's situational to be honest.

That's true, but the risk is so high that I don't know if it's worth it. At least it's satisfying when it happens.