RaidCasto

Tired of Packanack Small, Higgins small..

Add more weapons and items to the bigger maps!

I really wish the loot tables could be modified for the larger maps to get some love.  Big Higgins is fun making the swim to the island, but Ive searched all 4 cabins on Evergreen, the two in Stillwater, and had NOTHING in my inventory.  Thats just not fun, espcially on maps with large distances to cover.  And nobody likes Pinehurst.  I really think these maps would be viable with increased items.

24 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Why the hell is the phone house next to the car ? Since the latest patch this keeps happening,  it is super annoying 😣

Not if you're Jason 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/3/2020 at 12:59 PM, MortenMagnePal said:

Why the hell is the phone house next to the car ? Since the latest patch this keeps happening,  it is super annoying 😣

That happens on more maps then you think. 

• Thanks 1

i like pinehurst.

and people like pack small because its the boosters favorite map, its the smallest, and easiest to manage.

when its a full lobby theres a high chance youll spawn in a cabin with a part.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

i like pinehurst.

and people like pack small because its the boosters favorite map, its the smallest, and easiest to manage.

Only Jason players like Pinehurst. Absolutely shit map for the counselors.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

i like pinehurst.

Ditto.☺️

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Am Jason, can confirm

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Pinehurst is definitely poorly designed but I still enjoy it even as a counselor as a change of pace from playing Packanack Small 5+ times every night. <_< I think it would be better balanced if they got rid of the southern portion (house & three cabins) and made sure the propeller & battery are relatively close to their respective objectives.

I do always groan when it’s the random map immediately after someone chose it the previous round. Happens quite often for some reason. Once a night is enough.

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Pinehurst is definitely poorly designed but I still enjoy it even as a counselor as a change of pace from playing Packanack Small 5+ times every night. <_< I think it would be better balanced if they got rid of the southern portion (house & three cabins) and made sure the propeller & battery are relatively close to their respective objectives.

I do always groan when it’s the random map immediately after someone chose it the previous round. Happens quite often for some reason. Once a night is enough.

Parts aren't terribly hard to find on Pinehurst. I can find every part by myself within 15 minutes. The main problem is med sprays, maps, and walkies are few and far between. Also running the Gauntlet once you get a boat going, is pretty much a suicide mission against even a half ass competent J.

45 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Parts aren't terribly hard to find on Pinehurst. I can find every part by myself within 15 minutes. The main problem is med sprays, maps, and walkies are few and far between. Also running the Gauntlet once you get a boat going, is pretty much a suicide mission against even a half ass competent J.

One of these days, I'm gonna make a guide that shows all the part spawn patterns on each map...

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Problem for me is the prop and battery are frequently clear across the map on Pinehurst and thus require crossing multiple bridges both ways. It's ridiculously difficult for slow repair counselors to do their job other than the occasional lucky spawn for a quick phone repair. OTOH, I have no problem disappearing with AJ and gathering all the med spray, map and walkies I need but that usually just delays the inevitable if no other counselors are contributing. So it would seem that Pinehurst manages to f*ck over multiple play styles.

Boat is indeed tough on Pinehurst but openings do occur, especially after Jason's already drowned someone. Otherwise you've gotta get lucky with morph cooldown timing after a flawless repair to have a chance; my Speed Demon also makes it more likely that Jason will have to guess which exit to defend.

1 hour ago, Brevator said:

One of these days, I'm gonna make a guide that shows all the part spawn patterns on each map...

If you do, you should really dumb it down and include where to look in each cabin that can spawn parts. So many people walk right past a part without even noticing it's there. Kind of annoying at this point in the game's life.

1 hour ago, Eva Watanabe said:

Problem for me is the prop and battery are frequently clear across the map on Pinehurst and thus require crossing multiple bridges both ways. It's ridiculously difficult for slow repair counselors to do their job other than the occasional lucky spawn for a quick phone repair.

Yeah it sucks when the lobby isn't cooperating.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, Somethin Cool said:

i like playing as both.

still like pinehurst.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:19 PM, Somethin Cool said:

The only time I can actually say I LIKE playing on Pinehurst is if the shack, phone, and car all spawn at the very top of the map. As a counselor, it pretty much always sucks unless you and the phone happen to spawn at the top of the map. Then all you have to do is hope like hell you can get inside one of the cabins/outhouses before Jason shows up 10 seconds into the round.

These maps are picked because the Jason hunters know how easy and quick it is to kill Jason on them. 

About Pinehurst, I don't even like playing that map as Jason.  There's no challenge.  Everything is so far apart and even good counselors are going to run out of stamina trying to loop Jason. The boat has no chance of ever getting out with how small the waterways are.  The only time counselors have it easy is when the fuse box is up north and the fuse spawns 2 houses away.  Other than that, you can have the car up north with the battery down in Mulholland. 

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

These maps are picked because the Jason hunters know how easy and quick it is to kill Jason on them. 

About Pinehurst, I don't even like playing that map as Jason.  There's no challenge.  Everything is so far apart and even good counselors are going to run out of stamina trying to loop Jason. The boat has no chance of ever getting out with how small the waterways are.  The only time counselors have it easy is when the fuse box is up north and the fuse spawns 2 houses away.  Other than that, you can have the car up north with the battery down in Mulholland. 

Jarvis and Pinehurst are the easiest maps to kill Jason on. The small maps are easiest to escape on.

People play Pack small because all of their options are wide open on that map. Cabins are close together, parts are close to objectives. You don't need to be a beast player to manage your stam. There's no tower in the cutscenes. It's the casual players god map.

But even with the higest kill threat of the small maps, Pack small is better for Jason than Higgins small or Crystal small. Those two maps are bound to have an escape or two before shift. Kill threat isn't as high, with towers visible in the cutscenes, but still higher than any large map because the shack is easily within running distance.

Obviously I'm talking about skilled lobbies. 99% of the time it makes absolutely no difference which map you play on anymore. 

All the cards are good.

It's easy to run from Jason for 20 minutes on a small packanack. 

On a large crystal lake it is very easy to drive through the forest (if the car appeared in the west) 

On the big higgins haven very dangerous to kill Jason if the hut is on the island 

On small higgins haven it is easy to kill Jason, as from house to hut less than 50 meters

The small crystal lake is a pretty good map for everyone. 

On the map of Pinehurst almost every house is a thing to escape, but escaping by boat is very dangerous. 

A big packanack is a pretty controversial card, I don't like it. 

Jarvis's house is basically a good card for everyone. She misses a couple of houses in the center. 

• Like 1

Small maps were one of the first signs of them caving to the community demands. The emotes weren't far behind. The game is too boring, lets put dumb ass emotes so counselors have something to do besides crouching all over Jason after a stun.

And to think the launch maps were actually designed to be even bigger. I would've loved to see how much bigger they were.

I still prefer the launch maps. The Small maps and DLC maps are just bleh one way or the other. The iconic locations are fine, but everything surrounding them isn't.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Jarvis and Pinehurst are the easiest maps to kill Jason on. The small maps are easiest to escape on.

People play Pack small because all of their options are wide open on that map. Cabins are close together, parts are close to objectives. You don't need to be a beast player to manage your stam. There's no tower in the cutscenes. It's the casual players god map.

But even with the higest kill threat of the small maps, Pack small is better for Jason than Higgins small or Crystal small. Those two maps are bound to have an escape or two before shift. Kill threat isn't as high, with towers visible in the cutscenes, but still higher than any large map because the shack is easily within running distance.

Obviously I'm talking about skilled lobbies. 99% of the time it makes absolutely no difference which map you play on anymore. 

Pack Small, me and two buddies ran roughshod through, killing Jason in sub 3 1/2 minutes several times.  Everything is so close, the spawns are so predictable and you can be nowhere near where the Tommy house is or the shack and be to either one in less than a minute.  Plus they love spawning Tommy basically next to the shack on Pack Small.  Hence sub 3:30 runs.  There's only 3 spawn points for the Tommy box, and it's usually south of the main house. Rarely out in Birch - I think that's called Birch at least lol 

Pinehurst, on the other hand, you can spawn in as Tommy the entire map length away from the shack.  Down in Mulholland when it's North for example. 

Higgins normal is still the hardest map to kill Jason on, IF, the shack spawns on the island.  Any decent Jason shouldn't allow himself to die on that map with that setup. 

• Like 1

There's only 3 spawn points for the Tommy box, and it's usually south of the main house. Rarely out in Birch - I think that's called Birch at least lol 

There are only 3 power grids, but there are 11 different houses that can spawn the power box, depending on the map varient. And 4-5 houses, depending on the map, that can spawn the radio itself. None of them are hard to find though, since everything is so close together. You have a pretty good chance of beating Jason to the box anyway, since the tower is never in the cutscene. He literally has a 50/50 shot best case scenario, if the phone is mid map on the main road. Otherwise it's a 1/3 shot in the dark. 

Pinehurst, on the other hand, you can spawn in as Tommy the entire map length away from the shack.  Down in Mulholland when it's North for example. 

True, but Jason still has to be able to find you. In most circumstances Tommy is at an advantage here. No noise pings, and unless the Jason player knows what he's doing, he'll be completely visible on Tommy's map. On top of that, the shack is extremely easy to find on any varient of Pinehurst.

Higgins normal is still the hardest map to kill Jason on, IF, the shack spawns on the island.  Any decent Jason shouldn't allow himself to die on that map with that setup. 

1: Spawn in as Tommy.

2: Link up with female. 

3: go to Stillwater.

From here, you either both swim to the island if Jason is otherwise occupied, or get him to chase you to the edge of the water, nearest the island. For the latter, once you're ready to make your move, shoot him with that handy dandy shotgun you spawned in with and swim across. Easy.

Of course he has a short window where you'll both be out of stamina, that's why I like to swim across earlier in the match and stock the edge of the water on the island. Drop off a weapon, maybe a spray, some firecrackers, or anything else you might need later. You'll either get the kill, run the clock out standing on the island, or he'll eventually go back to whatever he was doing before, giving you the chance to swim back across.

13 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

There are only 3 power grids, but there are 11 different houses that can spawn the power box, depending on the map varient. And 4-5 houses, depending on the map, that can spawn the radio itself. None of them are hard to find though, since everything is so close together. You have a pretty good chance of beating Jason to the box anyway, since the tower is never in the cutscene. He literally has a 50/50 shot best case scenario, if the phone is mid map on the main road. Otherwise it's a 1/3 shot in the dark. 

Meant on Pack Small, I've only seen the radio spawn in 4 different cabins.  2 of them South of the main house.  One down in Birch.  And the long cabin down the road from the main house.  Majority of the time it's south of the main house.

It's an optimal setup, quick Jason kill, map.