Jump to content
Douglat

Jason won’t go down when you hit him after using the sweater

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

 

False.

No. This is not accurate. Frying pan isn't even 100% guaranteed stun anymore. 

True.  Unless you want to show some evidence to the contrary on either one of these points.

I've been running Sucker Punch for over a year and Jason has not once not gone to his knees when using the axe as Tommy.  The people I have played with have also changed over to the axe in that same time period and haven't had Jason gone to his knees either.  Prior to running Sucker Punch, all epic by the way, Jason would fail to go to his knees from a Tommy axe hit 1 time out of 10.  I'm talking easily a thousand Jason kills in that time period without it failing once.  Because trust me, if what I advocated to the people I've played with didn't work, they would have bitched me out for giving me bad advice and wasting a perk slot. 

The Frying Pan is always a guaranteed stun, it always has been, it always will be.  Hence why for all characters not named Chad, or Tommy, one hit and it breaks.  Again once Jason hits Rage this is no longer true, which might be why you're saying it's not a 100% guarantee. Pre-rage the frying pan is a 100% guaranteed stun for any character. 

If you'd like to show evidence to the contrary of either point, feel free. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2020 at 4:15 PM, HuDawg said:

I haven't went for a Jason kill for over a year....lol

 

Haha, same, I don't even try to escape most days. Just see how long I can last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SirMang said:

True.  Unless you want to show some evidence to the contrary on either one of these points.

I've been running Sucker Punch for over a year and Jason has not once not gone to his knees when using the axe as Tommy.  The people I have played with have also changed over to the axe in that same time period and haven't had Jason gone to his knees either.  Prior to running Sucker Punch, all epic by the way, Jason would fail to go to his knees from a Tommy axe hit 1 time out of 10.  I'm talking easily a thousand Jason kills in that time period without it failing once.  Because trust me, if what I advocated to the people I've played with didn't work, they would have bitched me out for giving me bad advice and wasting a perk slot. 

The Frying Pan is always a guaranteed stun, it always has been, it always will be.  Hence why for all characters not named Chad, or Tommy, one hit and it breaks.  Again once Jason hits Rage this is no longer true, which might be why you're saying it's not a 100% guarantee. Pre-rage the frying pan is a 100% guaranteed stun for any character. 

If you'd like to show evidence to the contrary of either point, feel free. 

I don't need to show evidence. I test things regularly. Believe me, the pan is not 100% guaranteed stun. I personally can't waste a perk slot on a perk that's completely worthless for half a match or more, but I've had the pan fail to stun quite a few times tbh. And luck is what causes the pan to break in one hit for everyone but Tommy and Chad. Has nothing to do with stun chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I don't need to show evidence. I test things regularly. Believe me, the pan is not 100% guaranteed stun. I personally can't waste a perk slot on a perk that's completely worthless for half a match or more, but I've had the pan fail to stun quite a few times tbh. And luck is what causes the pan to break in one hit for everyone but Tommy and Chad. Has nothing to do with stun chance.

SirMang is correct. Assuming you're Tommy and you hit Jason with the axe, Epic or Legendary Sucker Punch WILL drop him to his knees every single time. The only time he doesn't drop like a rock is either when using a machete, or when some over-eager ass-clown tries to help and hits Jason a split-second before I do. Again though, Tommy + axe + epic/legendary SP = 100% drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Again though, Tommy + axe + epic/legendary SP = 100% drop.

i already did it one time and it didn't work. also saw 2-3 people who failed and claimed they had max sucker punch. may be a glitch, but what i think is that Tommy + axe +max SP=95% chance to drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

SirMang is correct. Assuming you're Tommy and you hit Jason with the axe, Epic or Legendary Sucker Punch WILL drop him to his knees every single time. The only time he doesn't drop like a rock is either when using a machete, or when some over-eager ass-clown tries to help and hits Jason a split-second before I do. Again though, Tommy + axe + epic/legendary SP = 100% drop.

I'm jealous. I run Epic Sucker Punch, and have hit Jason with the Ax and watched as he just stood there. (The Jason killer's equivalent of getting flipped the bird) Granted it's not often, but it's happened to me enough to be annoying. Especially when I'm solo playing and basically doing all the work. My Sucker Punch is only 22%, so I'm wondering if that might be my problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I'm jealous. I run Epic Sucker Punch, and have hit Jason with the Ax and watched as he just stood there. (The Jason killer's equivalent of getting flipped the bird) Granted it's not often, but it's happened to me enough to be annoying. Especially when I'm solo playing and basically doing all the work. My Sucker Punch is only 22%, so I'm wondering if that might be my problem.

Mines legendary, but I can't remember the % off-hand. It's the difference between "Getting the Jason-kill" and "Only managing to piss him off".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

SirMang is correct. Assuming you're Tommy and you hit Jason with the axe, Epic or Legendary Sucker Punch WILL drop him to his knees every single time. The only time he doesn't drop like a rock is either when using a machete, or when some over-eager ass-clown tries to help and hits Jason a split-second before I do. Again though, Tommy + axe + epic/legendary SP = 100% drop.

Yeah, no. Sorry but it's just not true. Pan maybe... M A Y B E 100% stun chance with epic sucker punch. And honestly I'm not sure if that's true anymore. But no other weapon is ever a guaranteed stun, regardless of perks.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

i already did it one time and it didn't work. also saw 2-3 people who failed and claimed they had max sucker punch. may be a glitch, but what i think is that Tommy + axe +max SP=95% chance to drop.

Exactly this. Im not sure it's even as high as 90%. But yeah I've seen it before too. They've reduced stun chance at some point, can't remember off the top of my head when. I think it's the last time they adjusted damage values before the mask buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never seen an epic sucker punch fail on getting Jason to his knees with the axe in literally a thousand attempts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Sorry but it's just not true

You mean like how it was "just not true" that you could stun Jason with the sweater, hit him once to demask, and then hit him AGAIN to drop him to his knees? Remember how you told me such a thing was totally impossible, and then I showed video of me doing exactly that? 

My Legendary Sucker Punch (+24% stun chance increase, -2% sprint speed decrease, +2 melee damage increase) + using an axe has dropped Jason to his knees every... single... time... without fail... in well over 100 Jason-kills. If you or someone else happens to have video proof of the contrary, I'd like to see it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You mean like how it was "just not true" that you could stun Jason with the sweater, hit him once to demask, and then hit him AGAIN to drop him to his knees? Remember how you told me such a thing was totally impossible, and then I showed video of me doing exactly that? 

My Legendary Sucker Punch (+24% stun chance increase, -2% sprint speed decrease, +2 melee damage increase) + using an axe has dropped Jason to his knees every... single... time... without fail... in well over 100 Jason-kills. If you or someone else happens to have video proof of the contrary, I'd like to see it.

And I have seen people running max sucker punch fail to drop Jason to his knees. I've hit Jason with a pan without sucker punch and failed to stun Jason. There is no guaranteed stun. If there were then Jason would be stunned every single time you hit him while running sucker punch. I'm not talking about some glitch Jason kill here. This is simple game mechanics...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

My Legendary Sucker Punch (+24%

I have an epic sucker punch with 25% more stun chance  and it didn't work. Even if it was not intended (aka a glitch) it still makes it not guaranteed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha Can we get the mechanichs of the Jason kill worked on in the next patch.

Make Jason to be able to be stunned without using sucker punch perk.

Add Machetes as a Stun weapon to bring Jason to his knees.

Make the machete located in Jasons shack beside Pamela Voorhees head on the altar a useable weapon and be able to pick it up.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2020 at 10:13 AM, Somethin Cool said:

And I have seen people running max sucker punch fail to drop Jason to his knees. I've hit Jason with a pan without sucker punch and failed to stun Jason. There is no guaranteed stun. If there were then Jason would be stunned every single time you hit him while running sucker punch. I'm not talking about some glitch Jason kill here. This is simple game mechanics...

As stated before, prove the frying pan isn't a guaranteed stun.

In all my hours of playing and observing I've never once seen a frying pan not stun Jason.  And you're the only person who's ever stated it isn't. 

When he's not in rage, obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I remembered someone in an old thread testing Sucker Punch and saying it didnt seem to change stun chance.  Never tested it myself.

Idk if the stat of 4/4 for Bat and Fry Pan = 100% stun or not.  But they do stun Jason more than any other weapons.  The only times the fry pan didnt stun a non-Rage Jason for me is when it breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also,

- make the badminton racket a usable weapon

- Chad should be able to wear Pamelas pants that are on the floor.  

- the terrible music on the radios should stun Jason when he hears it.  Especially that god awful Summer of heat song.

- the boat should have a radio that plays Miami Vice Theme Song.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

@mattshotcha Can we get the mechanichs of the Jason kill worked on in the next patch.

Make Jason to be able to be stunned without using sucker punch perk.

Add Machetes as a Stun weapon to bring Jason to his knees.

Make the machete located in Jasons shack beside Pamela Voorhees head on the altar a useable weapon and be able to pick it up.

I kill Jason's all the time and I never run sucker punch.

8 minutes ago, SirMang said:

As stated before, prove the frying pan isn't a guaranteed stun.

In all my hours of playing and observing I've never once seen a frying pan not stun Jason.  And you're the only person who's ever stated it isn't. 

When he's not in rage, obviously. 

🤦‍♀️

It's common knowledge with the people I play with. I'm really surprised the average player base hasn't noticed.

5 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I thought I remembered someone in an old thread testing Sucker Punch and saying it didnt seem to change stun chance.  Never tested it myself.

Idk if the stat of 4/4 for Bat and Fry Pan = 100% stun or not.  But they do stun Jason more than any other weapons.  The only times the fry pan didnt stun a non-Rage Jason for me is when it breaks.

Those stats are old and outdated, but yes the bat and pan stun more often than not. The frying pan not stunning when it breaks is still a non stun. Remember that it breaks on the first hit for most counselors...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

@mattshotcha Can we get the mechanichs of the Jason kill worked on in the next patch.

Make Jason to be able to be stunned without using sucker punch perk.

Add Machetes as a Stun weapon to bring Jason to his knees.

Make the machete located in Jasons shack beside Pamela Voorhees head on the altar a useable weapon and be able to pick it up.

You can stun Jason without Sucker Punch.

Machetes are a sharp weapon, better for taking off the mask, not a blunt weapon, better for stunning.

There's already a usable weapon in Jason's shack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

You can stun Jason without Sucker Punch.

Machetes are a sharp weapon, better for taking off the mask, not a blunt weapon, better for stunning.

There's already a usable weapon in Jason's shack.

I Just dont understand why there is a machete in Jasons shack that you cant grab or use in Jasons shack.

maybe making Jason more sensitive to stuns after the sweater is used would be great in the next patch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

I Just dont understand why there is a machete in Jasons shack that you cant grab or use in Jasons shack.

maybe making Jason more sensitive to stuns after the sweater is used would be great in the next patch.

The machete is on the altar because it’s the machete Alice used to decapitate Pamela, and presumably the one Jason used to kill Alice. It’s there as decoration. You aren’t going to use it.  
 

They do not need to make Jason more sensitive to stuns after the sweater is used. It’s up to you to use a higher stun percentage weapon to drop him to his knees. 
 

I can’t stand the term “git gud”, but if you are really having that much of a problem performing the easiest task in the game that is killing Jason and want the devs to handicap him even more than he already is, you really do need to “git gud.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Just dont understand why there is a machete in Jasons shack that you cant grab or use in Jasons shack

Probably because it's movie accurate with the machete on the table.

 

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

maybe making Jason more sensitive to stuns after the sweater is used would be great in the next patch.

Jason literally drops 9/10 times with no stun increase perks, even if you're using the axe for the kneeling hit. How is this a problem for you? Maybe you just need to slow tf down and stop rushing the kill if your success rate is so low that you think there's anything at all wrong with the kill mechanics...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

machete in Jasons shack that you cant grab or use in Jasons shack

ngl it would be cool to kill jason with his own machete. not that it is a thing that needs to be added to the game, but i think i would like if that was possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

ngl it would be cool to kill jason with his own machete.

Meh, I guess. Wouldn't really be any different than when all the other machetes that's identical to the one in the shack is used for the kill.

I tell you what would be really cool though. If they had it set up where when the sweater is used and you knock Jason to his knees, he drops his weapon that he's using and Tommy could kill him with it. It would be bad ass to see Tommy knock the hell out of Jason with the Battle Axe or Pig Splitter, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, SirMang said:

As stated before, prove the frying pan isn't a guaranteed stun.

In all my hours of playing and observing I've never once seen a frying pan not stun Jason.  And you're the only person who's ever stated it isn't. 

When he's not in rage, obviously. 

There ya go. Chad running perfect sucker punch failing to stun Jason on the fourth hit with a pan.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...