Douglat

Jason won’t go down when you hit him after using the sweater

Ever since they fixed the game every time we use the sweater and tommy hits him he won’t go to his knees so he is impossible to kill him this has happened over ten times since they fixed the game the other week I have not been able to kill him anyone else having the same issue?

5 hours ago, Douglat said:

Ever since they fixed the game every time we use the sweater and tommy hits him he won’t go to his knees so he is impossible to kill him this has happened over ten times since they fixed the game the other week I have not been able to kill him anyone else having the same issue?

Hello Strigoi, I see you're still horrible with grammar.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Douglat said:

I haven't went for a Jason kill for over a year....lol

8 hours ago, Douglat said:

tommy hits him he won’t go to his knees

this can all be BS, but I may have some tips; but they are all myths and were never properly tested lol

jason has more chances of getting on his knees if:

1-he is hit by the axe encountered inside of his shack

2-he is hit by a wapon with higher stun chances

3-he is hit on his back

4-he is hit by tommy jarvis

*sucker punch may also contribute 

it's never guaranteed, but as far as i know, these things increase the chances of him getting on his knees

I have been telling people for years.

The only way to guarantee that Jason will go to his knees is to run at least 23%-25% Sucker Punch Perk.

The lead pipe is buggy but it works with the other weapons that have good stun chance.

• Thanks 1

If you're part of the kill squad who's planning on coming back as Tommy, just run Sucker Punch.

Problem solved.

Jason will always go to his knees.

Yeah,  really ever since the Rage mode tweak, you always have to have a really good Sucker Punch perk equipped to get Jason to his knees, and even that's not a guarantee. I have Epic sucker punch, and he seems to go down 8/10 times when I hit him as Tommy. You also need to use a bat or an ax to optimize your chances. (I think the shack ax is a myth, because I've failed to get him to his knees with it on several occasions) Other blunt weapons can still technically work with a good sucker punch, but the chances of succeeding go down drastically, and never try to knock him to his knees with a machete unless you have no other option. Getting the big man to his knees is all about the combination of a good sucker punch and heavy weapon with a high stun chance. (Bat, Ax) It's never a 100 hundred guarantee anymore.

I have played Friday since just after launch.  I have been part of many kill squads.  Before equipping Sucker Punch, about 2 times out of 10 Jason wouldn't go to his knees from an axe shot by Tommy.  After equipping Sucker Punch, epic in my case, I have yet to have Jason not fall to his knees.  I have been running Sucker Punch for over a year now. 

The other thing is if you were dumb enough to break the axe in the shack or the sweater girl never grabbed it, you better go around the map trying to find another axe.  Machete is not a stun weapon and you'll likely only stun Jason like 1 or 2 times out of 10 with it - never tested it out personally and haven't seen it attempted very often over my time playing. 

If you want to kill Jason, and you're the designated Buggzy hunter to die early in the match, you best be running Swift Attacker, Thrasher and Sucker Punch. 

you can also keep a bat handy. if you dont have a 3rd jason murderer with you to use the bat, there are a few tactics..

tommy holds the bat while the axe/machete lays close by, sweater lady & tommy post up in that spot, wait for it and tommy can hit jason with the bat then pick up the axe & off his ass. this is risky.

or the way i perfer..

sweater lady drops the bat at her feet, hits the sweater, pick up the bat to stop the animation, then clock him one. tommy axes the final question. also risky & ya kinda have to just stand there.. spraying also works to stop the animation but i think thats cheap. i like the droping the bat thing haha

bat works better than the axe

46 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The other thing is if you were dumb enough to break the axe in the shack or the sweater girl never grabbed it, you better go around the map trying to find another axe.  Machete is not a stun weapon and you'll likely only stun Jason like 1 or 2 times out of 10 with it - never tested it out personally and haven't seen it attempted very often over my time playing. 

If I see sweater girl running around without the ax and I'm Tommy, half the time I won't even bother. That person obviously doesn't know what their doing, or has no intention to Kill Jason and just got it to Troll Tommy or save their own ass if they get cornered at some point. I also can't stand it when I get the sweater, and I get a Tommy whose insistent he has to use a Machete.  For getting the mask off fine, but it will not get him to his knees. I've only ever seen it work twice. I've seen a frying pan work once too, and that was kind of hilarious. That also makes the machete only twice as effective as cookware.

Are these still the stats for mele weapons?  If so, Bat and Fry Pan are best options to get Jason on his knees.

Bat: 4/4 Stun, 2/4 DMG, 2/4 DUR

Pan: 4/4 Stun, 1/4 for anything else.

Pot: 3/4 Stun, 1/4 DMG, and 2/4 DUR

Plank: 2/4 Stun, 2/4 DMG, and 4/4 DUR

Fire-Poker: 1/2 Stun, 3/4 DMG, 1/2 DUR

Branch: 1/2 Stun, 1/2 DMG, and 3/4 DUR

Axe: 3/4 Stun, 4/4 DMG, and 1/2 DUR 

Wrench: 3/4 Stun, 1/2 DMG and 1/2 DUR 

Pipe: 3/4 Stun, 1/2 DMG, and 3/4 DUR

Machete: 1/4 Stun, 4/4 DMG, 1/2 DUR 

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I have played Friday since just after launch.  I have been part of many kill squads.  Before equipping Sucker Punch, about 2 times out of 10 Jason wouldn't go to his knees from an axe shot by Tommy.  After equipping Sucker Punch, epic in my case, I have yet to have Jason not fall to his knees.  I have been running Sucker Punch for over a year now. 

If you want to kill Jason, and you're the designated Buggzy hunter to die early in the match, you best be running Swift Attacker, Thrasher and Sucker Punch. 

I use Slugger instead of SA on Vanessa, but my Buggzy has it (sometimes I swap it out for Medic). I used to think SP didn't make a difference, but after I started using it, I have never failed to drop Jason as Tommy (though I have had the axe break in the process a few times). Our groups usual Sweater-Girl will typically run an extra axe or machete to the shack before Tommy shows up. When he does, they go get the sweater together, swap axe for shotgun, then (assuming Jason teleports to the shack) shoots him, then picks up the extra axe/machete.

If for whatever reason axes are in short supply, she'll hold onto the axe and Tommy will use a machete until the mask is off. This has saved our ass more times than I can count.

@Laotian Lam  That list is probably still accurate however, the more people you have involved in the Jason kill sequence the more likely it is to go wrong.  Defer to Tommy with the axe to do both the kneel and kill.  And hope your Tommy in the scenario is smart enough to be running Sucker Punch.

@I'm Not a Goalie frying pan is a guaranteed stun, every time outside of rage, from any counselor.  Problem is it's only a one hit weapon and breaks, besides Chad who gets two hits with it.  .

@HaHaTrumpWon  I've been trying to preach on these boards about running Sucker Punch for a year now, eventually people will get it and we'll stop seeing these type of threads.

@mattshotcha  Should players have to use a sucker punch perk in order for the mechanics and design for The Jason kill Sweater stun axe stun to bring Jason to Knees to work.

Shouldnt the Jason kill be more sensitive and easily performed once the female character uses the sweater stun.

Why is The Jason Kill set up Bugged or either hard to perform.

can this be worked on in the next patch to make it more sensitive to perform The Jason kill and stun with sweater and Tommy using axe,ball bat etc.

In The Next Patch please make The Machete be able to stun Jason to his knees after the sweater stun.

The Machete should be a usable weapon to stun Jason because it is able to stun and knock Jason down in the game when used in combat mode.

The Machete Located on Jasons Altar with his Pamelas head on it should be able to be used in the game.

Please make the machete next to pamela voorhees head on the candle lit altar be able to be picked up and used.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

@mattshotcha  Should players have to use a sucker punch perk in order for the mechanics and design for The Jason kill Sweater stun axe stun to bring Jason to Knees to work.

Shouldnt the Jason kill be more sensitive and easily performed once the female character uses the sweater stun.

Why is The Jason Kill set up Bugged or either hard to perform.

can this be worked on in the next patch to make it more sensitive to perform The Jason kill and stun with sweater and Tommy using axe,ball bat etc.

In The Next Patch please make The Machete be able to stun Jason to his knees after the sweater stun.

The Machete should be a usable weapon to stun Jason because it is able to stun and knock Jason down in the game when used in combat mode.

The Machete Located on Jasons Altar with his Pamelas head on it should be able to be used in the game.

Please make the machete next to pamela voorhees head on the candle lit altar be able to be picked up and used.

Go away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Killing Jason doesn't need to be any easier than it already is, and the machete doesn't need to be a stun weapon. It does suck when all my hard work is undone because my 22% Epic sucker punch isn't quite epic enough, but that's the risk you take. The mechanic is fine the way it is. If you're going for car escapes you probably run lead foot or grease monkey, if like to escape with the police you're probably running My Dad's a Cop, so if you want to kill Jason you have to run Sucker Punch. It's all the same thing, you run perks based on the way you want to play.

I’ve killed Jason a handful of times since the patch and he’s dropped almost every single time. I don’t have sucker punch equipped either. Sounds like you’re just having a string of bad luck. I’ve had that before where I’ve failed to drop him several times in a row. It happens.

15 hours ago, Carlso said:

this can all be BS, but I may have some tips; but they are all myths and were never properly tested lol

jason has more chances of getting on his knees if:

1-he is hit by the axe encountered inside of his shack

2-he is hit by a wapon with higher stun chances

3-he is hit on his back

4-he is hit by tommy jarvis

*sucker punch may also contribute 

it's never guaranteed, but as far as i know, these things increase the chances of him getting on his knees

No

Yes

No

No

Yes

14 hours ago, Killer Franchise said:

I have been telling people for years.

The only way to guarantee that Jason will go to his knees is to run at least 23%-25% Sucker Punch Perk.

The lead pipe is buggy but it works with the other weapons that have good stun chance.

🤦‍♀️

14 hours ago, SirMang said:

If you're part of the kill squad who's planning on coming back as Tommy, just run Sucker Punch.

Problem solved.

Jason will always go to his knees.

False.

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

@mattshotcha  Should players have to use a sucker punch perk in order for the mechanics and design for The Jason kill Sweater stun axe stun to bring Jason to Knees to work

No and it's unnecessary. I don't run sucker punch and I get Jason kills all the time.

1 hour ago, gmintz09 said:

I’ve killed Jason a handful of times since the patch and he’s dropped almost every single time. I don’t have sucker punch equipped either. Sounds like you’re just having a string of bad luck. I’ve had that before where I’ve failed to drop him several times in a row. It happens.

Exactly this.

14 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yeah,  really ever since the Rage mode tweak, you always have to have a really good Sucker Punch perk equipped to get Jason to his knees,

Also false.

14 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It's never a 100 hundred guarantee anymore.

This is true.

10 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Are these still the stats for mele weapons?  If so, Bat and Fry Pan are best options to get Jason on his knees

No. This is not accurate. Frying pan isn't even 100% guaranteed stun anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Making the machete a stun weapon and making the machete next to pamela voorhees head to be able to be picked up and used would balance the game more equally.

Jason is an over powered Gorilla as it is.

• Haha 1

i dont get the point of using a perk to kill jason. how did people kill him when everyone was just starting?

hitting with with anything SHOULD drop him on his knees, 100% of the time. no perks needed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

i dont get the point of using a perk to kill jason. how did people kill him when everyone was just starting?

hitting with with anything SHOULD drop him on his knees, 100% of the time. no perks needed.

THANK GOODNESS SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES MY SELF SEES THE TRUTH AND OBVIOUS.

Please make the machete located in Jasons shack on the candle lit altar beside pamela voorhees head a usable weapon in the next update patch.

Just take the killing Jason aspect out of the game...... Hey if Strigoi can have outrageous demands so can I right?  It's still way too easy to kill him even with that laughable mask buff  which made very little difference.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

how did people kill him when everyone was just starting?

It was much harder when game first came out. Jason had some what decent tools to keep it from happening but due to all the whining Jason kept getting nerfed and nerfed almost every patch until rage update which they really didn't need if they never nerfed him to begin with.

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Making the machete a stun weapon and making the machete next to pamela voorhees head to be able to be picked up and used would balance the game more equally.

Jason is an over powered Gorilla as it is.

No and no.

Machete doesn’t need to be made into a stun weapon. there are several other stun weapons around the map that can be used.

Also, the machete on the altar beside mom’s head doesn’t need to be accessible, there’s already an axe (a better stun weapon than machete) right there in the shack. If you get the axe from the shack and break it before you pull off the stun hit after sweater, that’s your fault for not getting the mask of beforehand. 

Neither one of your suggestions would add balance towards the game. If anything it would swing more in favor of the counselors. 

As for Jason being overpowered? Newsflash, he’s supposed to be. 

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

THANK GOODNESS SOMEONE ELSE BESIDES MY SELF SEES THE TRUTH AND OBVIOUS.

Please make the machete located in Jasons shack on the candle lit altar beside pamela voorhees head a usable weapon in the next update patch.

JustGO.png

I'm just going to bookmark this picture so I'll have it ready for the next million or so pointless threads about how Jason's so hard to kill.