So to make a long story short i was playing on Jarvis house got killed, Tommy arrived, Jason shift grabbed him & morphed each other to the lake & killed him. I was spectating the whole thing & was wondering if this was an cheating exploit like the teleporting counselor or something Jason can legit do but takes practice?

The term the community has for this is called "Abduction". It is a cheating exploit that takes practice to get down. 

That's why I only use it against bots or when messing around with friends. They've done it on me plenty of times. 

15 minutes ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

The term the community has for this is called "Abduction". It is a cheating exploit that takes practice to get down. 

That's why I only use it against bots or when messing around with friends. They've done it on me plenty of times. 

So even Jason can cheat? Now i seen everything.

It also known as Jason "tech" advanced techniques most of which is easier to do with a controller not  so much keyboard and mouse,I'm not even sure "abduction" can be done with keyboard/mouse. You can also "ghost" and "ghost walk" and double tapping doors to break them down faster. There is a video on YT shows how to do them all. As I've mentioned before "abduction" does happen randomly without intent a lot. Rubber banding while using grab kills is very common when I play as Jason, I get crap for it sometimes in lobby chat but I'm not doing it on purpose.

Just now, RetroJason89 said:

So to make a long story short i was playing on Jarvis house got killed, Tommy arrived, Jason shift grabbed him & morphed each other to the lake & killed him. I was spectating the whole thing & was wondering if this was an cheating exploit like the teleporting counselor or something Jason can legit do but takes practice?

If I abduct a counselor, 99% of the time it's either because the counselor is trying to hurry up and get killed so they can quit, or because I don't actually intend to kill them but want to fuck with them a little.

For the other 1%, it's no because they used glitches/exploits first, or it's another lobby full of stun-and-dancers/tea-baggers. I will gleefully go completely out of my way to make such counselors miserable by any means available, abduction included. 

That said, there have been no times it's backfired spectacularly and ended up screwing myself (such as hiding inside the phone cabin in Stalk, planning to sneak up behind whoever's on the phone to the cops and abduct them at the last second before the call completes but screwing up the input and morphing to the middle of the lake alone just in time to hear the police get called)

No, it is not "advanced Jason tech", its an exploitable bug which you shouldn't have available, and I haven't seen it "happen randomly" in years on the game.

That said, its funny to watch it fail disastrously, or people trying it who don't quite have it down.

22 minutes ago, SDA said:

I haven't seen it "happen randomly" 

I can assure you it can happen randomly. I don’t know, nor care how to pull it off intentionally, but I had a match a couple months ago that when I grabbed a counselor it took both of us across the map. 

2 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I can assure you it can happen randomly. I don’t know, nor care how to pull it off intentionally, but I had a match a couple months ago that when I grabbed a counselor it took both of us across the map. 

Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I can assure you it can happen randomly.

I can attest to this also.Rubber banding happens quite often when doing grab kills and I have noticed it will usually rubber band you to the area you had just morphed or shifted from. Dragon do you recall in that match were you in Stillwater right before you grab killed that Vanessa?

2 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Dragon do recall in that match were you in Stillwater right before you grab killed that Vanessa?

I cant recall off hand, but I may still have the entire play footage from that round on my PS4. If I do, I'll go back and see and if so, I'll post it.

I would've traded all the tricks for stuff of actual substance that we never ended up getting.

- Jason locking doors/closing doors/hiding in hiding spots/wiping out furniture, picking up the mask, etc

- Counselor special abilities, counselors swimming under water, using paddle boats, etc

Oh well

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I would've traded all the tricks for stuff of actual substance that we never ended up getting.

- Jason locking doors/closing doors/hiding in hiding spots/wiping out furniture, picking up the mask, etc

- Counselor special abilities, counselors swimming under water, using paddle boats, etc

Oh well

Oh hey Tyrant glad ya commented

credited you in my video!