Sign in to follow this  
CaptainMiracle

Counselor 1 player - Sandbox mode

I wish there was a way to play as a counselor in one player just to get a feel for certain mechanics. I'm new to the game and refuse to drive the car because I'm afraid to make online players angry. I'd also just like to play with different character traits etc. Practice the mini-games with poor repair characters. Basically this would be like Rocket League's freeplay training mode.

unless I missed that this exists?

36 minutes ago, CaptainMiracle said:

I wish there was a way to play as a counselor in one player just to get a feel for certain mechanics. I'm new to the game and refuse to drive the car because I'm afraid to make online players angry. I'd also just like to play with different character traits etc. Practice the mini-games with poor repair characters. Basically this would be like Rocket League's freeplay training mode.

nope. the only way to do that is if jason goes afk unfortunately. at least we have it for jason. but sure, initiate a private match, regardless of the number of players in it, would be a nice addition to the game.

@CaptainMiracle, they can't add such a mode due to the lawsuit that governs all things F13.

There are players that I've seen in Quick Play that have been known to let new players get some practice in.

Get a friend.

Go to a private lobby.

You be the counselor.

He, as Jason, lets you do whatever you want for 20 minutes.

Mode already in game. 

• Like 1

If you don't have friends willing to do private matches with you for practice, one piece of advice I can give you is to pay attention to the level's of the other players and try to stick to lobbies with newer players closer to your skill level. You're much more likely to run into Jason's still trying to figure things out too. Your much more likely to get the chance to practice repairing and the like if you have a Jason who doesn't recognize the sound cues yet. 

2 hours ago, CaptainMiracle said:

Just drive!  Crashes usually lead to some chaotic hilariousness.

• Like 1

Back around Summer/Fall 2017 when Wes would still sometimes communicate with people on the forum. This was more discussed then.

When that dev build accidentally leaked in 2018 I believe during an update. It was revealed that the game had a sandbox mode, but only devs could access it.

@CaptainMiracle

what im about to say may seem like a dick move.. but drive the car anyways. its the best way to learn. when you make mistakes & get everybody killed, at least it was an edge of your seat thrill ride. youll be saving lives one day..

There was a way to do this on PC. It was a text file that you modified in your game directory. Once your game got past the intro it would put you on whatever map you typed in the file. You could switch characters with the press of a button, and even switch between Jasons and place unlimited traps. Originally people were using this to access the Grendel map, but that was patched out quickly. However, in my memory you could still do this for some time and play on the eight released maps. I have no idea if this is patched, and I could not find any information about it (it was originally on the Reddit). I don't think it was bannable in any way, since you could not join an online match with it, nor have any real gameplay, it was just walking around in an empty map. Pretty much it was just a standard file supported by Unreal Engine that launches a map as soon as the game is started, for debug purposes. Does anyone else remember this?

I used to care that I couldn't drive the car so I played a lot of games with a friend in a private match and I mastered it, can you do that?