Af3x

remove the thing to release from jason its useless

You mean the break free button mashing thing? It's not totally useless.On certain counselors like Adam, Mitch, Jenny,and of course Tommy you can sometimes get free if you are good at button mashing and Jason is trying for a environmental kill.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

I think he means the Escape Artist perk. 

It's useless. 

nah i use it on mitch and it does wonders... when he is on low levels of fear.

3 hours ago, Carlso said:

We've had this discussion before but if you want to waste perk slots with useless perks than you're handicapping yourself before the round even starts.  And maybe that's your aim, who am I to judge.  However, when most Jason's just grab you and kill you instantly then a perk that lets you escape faster and regain more stamina is absolutely pointless.  Just like the negative grip strength for Jason's, like Part VIII, is pointless. 

• Like 1

In a way I am kinda glad its useless.  If Escape Artist perk actually made a significant difference it would lead to constant one-hand choke kills.  

I agree using up a slot for escape artist isn't worth it. You can give yourself a better advantage going with a counselor with a decent grab-break and developing the presence of mind to lead Jason into a tighter area if you're out of stamina/hurt and a grab is inevitable. I've been in many situations where just an extra couple of steps toward corners, in between a rock and fence, trees, furniture, etc, made the difference in getting away versus dying, as certain areas cause Jason to have to maneuver a bit after a grab to get in open space for his kills to light up and allow him to finish you. That's plenty of time for someone like Adam/Jenny/Mitch/Tommy to spam themselves loose. It won't work every time obviously, but as a last resort, it has saved me more than a handful of times, especially when you have a Jason who thinks they have you and they like to screw around and taunt you before they finally grab you. They play right into it, not realizing while they're trolling you, they're being led to a specific area for a reason. When you play as Jason, make a mental note of where these areas are as you encounter them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

We've had this discussion before

nope we haven't...

most Jason's just grab you and kill you instantly then a perk that lets you escape faster and regain more stamina is absolutely pointless. 

there are certain places that grab kills don't work, or take a little bit to work. it's basically 10% of chance of you getting a free pocket knife just because jason mispositioned himself. and because mitch doesn't really need any perks so it's a cool extra feature to have it. cool fact: mitch is the counselor with the least taps so...

man i am telling you I already escaped from jasons with plus grip strength because of that perk trust me it's worthy 

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

In a way I am kinda glad its useless.  If Escape Artist perk actually made a significant difference it would lead to constant one-hand choke kills.  

EXACLY. that's why it needs to be just a 10% chance of happening.

you guys that are saying escape artist is trash: play with mitch for one week straight. the number of times that you could survive if it weren't for that one last tap is INSANE enough to make anyone crazy, especially when you face part 8s. underrated perk my dudes trust me.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

nope we haven't...

man i am telling you I already escaped from jasons with plus grip strength because of that perk trust me it's worthy 

yes we have had discussion about your perk tier list before.  You tried to claim friendship was good and thought a single Buggzy had no chance to demask Jason on his own and you needed friends to gang bang him so that perk helped.  Escape Artist is just as worthless and should never be equpped.

The only way you're escaping from any Jason, regardless of plus or negative grip strength, is if he's trying to walk you over to environmental kills. 

You then go into this diatribe about spacing.  All Jason's have a quick kill that takes no room to pull off.  Be it the one handed choke or the head punch. 

Bottom line is grip strength for Jason is pointless and Escape Artist is just as pointless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Carlso said:

Dude, stop defending a garbage perk and really listen, if you have ever played in tournaments than you would know that the only perks that are used are Hypo, thick skin, medic, NoS, Prepared, and occasionally Grease monkey. I've spoken to top teams on Xbox and they said they all run Medic and thick skin. Bottom line, there's so many better things to run.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SirMang said:

yes we have had discussion about your perk tier list before. 

6 hours ago, Dunken said:

Dude, stop defending a garbage perk and really listen,

before trusting on "ToP tIeR pLaYeRs" or having an opinion... what about trying to actually use and test the perk by yourselves? jeez. 

11 minutes ago, Carlso said:

before trusting on "ToP tIeR pLaYeRs" or having an opinion... what about trying to actually use and test the perk by yourselves? jeez. 

I have, and guess what, it sucks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dunken said:

I have, and guess what, it sucks.

free pocket knive=sucks... ok then

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Dunken said:

you have ever played in tournaments than you would know that the only perks that are used are Hypo, thick skin, medic, NoS, Prepared, and occasionally Grease monkey.

What perks tournament players use is irrelevant to casual players.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

This is true.

I used to main Mitch back when I was trying to get the badges for repairs (then I started using Bunny Suit Deb). I had escape artist equipped on Mitch. It may just be my unfortune or my playstyle, but the perk didn't help me out nearly as much as I had hoped. I eventually took it out the rotation and used something else. To each their own though. Some players may find it really useful with their playstyle, while others like myself, it didn't really help me out.

7 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

And that's why you'll never be a great player.

53 minutes ago, Dunken said:

And that's why you'll never be a great player.

Haha. Damn, thats harsh, man.  Needlessly so.

1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

Haha. Damn, thats harsh, man.  Needlessly so.

Or true. 

There's a reason those perks are meta perks, and it's not just because tournament players think they look pretty. 

I've made my thoughts on tournament players on this board known, too sweaty for my liking, but if you're not using the meta perks you're needlessly handicapping yourself before the round even starts.  And when you're using stupid perks like Friendship or Escape Artist, you might as well take Heavy Sleeper as your third. 

12 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Or true. 

There's a reason those perks are meta perks, and it's not just because tournament players think they look pretty. 

I've made my thoughts on tournament players on this board known, too sweaty for my liking, but if you're not using the meta perks you're needlessly handicapping yourself before the round even starts.  And when you're using stupid perks like Friendship or Escape Artist, you might as well take Heavy Sleeper as your third. 

If you need specific perks to be a "great player", you aren't.  

If the only way to reach greatness was to follow the paths of others we would still be living in caves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

If you need specific perks to be a "great player", you aren't.  

If the only way to reach greatness was to follow the paths of others we would still be living in caves.

Ok cool, so to you there is no such thing as a meta nor min-maxing. 

You enjoy playing at a disadvantage in every game then. 

Have fun with that. 

Just don't give people actual tips on what they should do or not do, because you'll be giving bad advice.

• Like 1

if you're not using the meta perks you're needlessly handicapping yourself before the round even starts.

you sound like the type of guy that should be playing lol or overwatch instead. f13 the game is not competitive... at all. 99% of jasons on pub lobbies are human potatoes, which make some funny builds/perks like escape artist work. i played a match TODAY and that perk worked, and i escaped just because of that.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:23 AM, Af3x said:

just remove the feature to release from jason its useless

Welcome to the forum.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Carlso said:

you sound like the type of guy that should be playing lol or overwatch instead. f13 the game is not competitive... at all. 99% of jasons on pub lobbies are human potatoes, which make some funny builds/perks like escape artist work. i played a match TODAY and that perk worked, and i escaped just because of that.

Or it's about having all people on a pretty level playing field and making the game the most challenging it can be for the killer. If I'm Jason I don't want an entire lobby running your so-called ideal perks of Escape Artist and Friendship because I'm gonna mop it up in 7 minutes.  I want you all to be running medic, thick skin and whichever of the other few good perks so I can't just throw a knife at you, shift slash you and you're now limping around and useless because you thought escape artist and friendship were the way to go.

Not to mention, do you really want to play the game just to watch yourself die in the first 2-3 minutes because you made the wrong choices before the round even began? 

But yeah funny builds.  BRILLIANT

• Like 1