Just did it I would like to share it with you. Remembering this is about meta, who has the most strong "plusses" and the most imperceptible "lesses", so play with what yo want. My fave is Part 9 btw.

S+ (+4)(The best)

Savini.

S (+3)(Strong) 

Empty.

A(+2)(Very Good)

Empty.

B(+1)(Good)

Part 3, Part 4.

C(0)(Good, but struggle when organized counselor try to kill them)

Part 2, Part 8, Part 9

D(-1)(Slightly weak)

Part 6

E(-2)(Weak)

Part 5

F(-3)(The Worst)

Part 7 -yes i know he also has plus noise sense, but he's not meta enough-

Things become plus when they are more, and minus when they are less. Their value reflects on how much they affect gameplay.

Stalk: 0

Shift: 2

Sense: 0

Morph: 1

Stun Resistance: 2

Defense: 2

Less Hit Points: 2

Run: 1

Water Speed: 0

Grip Strength: 0

Throwing Knives: 1

Traps: 1

Weapon Strength: 2

Destruction: 1

It's been said a few times - Stun Resistance is not an actual working mechanic in the game. The devs have confirmed this years ago, and it is unlikely to ever be fixed at this stage of the game. Same thing goes for block chance not being an actual part of the Defense mechanic. -Defense is essentially just Less Hit Points.

Also, Stalk, when used smartly, affects gameplay massively in my experiences as both a counselor and Jason. The ability to hide around corners or outside windows, sneak up on a counselor in the middle of a repair or Stalk-Shift-grab an unsuspecting counselor is invaluable. Thus having a shorter cooldown time makes +Stalk Jasons very dangerous as they can use various silent approaches more frequently.

Taking all of the above into account, Part 5 Jason (Roy) can be a beast in the right hands; low HP is his only true weakness. So as long as you know how to use block and deal with kill squads you can clean up very well. It's a wrap once he's in Rage due to his neutral Morph, Sense and Shift recharging even faster.

Furthermore, even though the boat is probably the least used escape option, having a + or - water Jason can be imperative on a map with a wide body of water. A -Water Speed Jason will most likely never catch the boat if he screws up the morph spot. Whereas a +Water Speed Jason will gain on the boat and catch it (counselor boat speed perks excluded) provided the exit is not too close.

13 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Also, Stalk, when used smartly, affects gameplay massively in my experiences as both a counselor and Jason

jasons with less stalk can do mind games just like jasons with plus stalk, it just takes a little bit more recharge. plus or less stalk doesn't affect stalk that much. not saying stalk is useless, it's because more or less recharge doesn't affect massively gameplay.

18 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Taking all of the above into account, Part 5 Jason (Roy) can be a beast in the right hands

that's true, but at the same time, you would achieve the same things with part 3 way easier. killing jason is the ultimate form of pressuring jason, every jason that has any difficulties in that area is bottom tier for me, unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Water Speed Jason will most likely never catch the boat if he screws up the morph spot

i think it's more difficult to screw with the morph spot than actually doing right. no jason really needs water speed, they can all stalk+morph and camp the exit, with the exception of Pinehurst that has two boat exits. it's surly not useless, but it doesn't massively affect gameplay.

21 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

It's been said a few times but Stun Resistance is not an actual working mechanic in the game.

maybe the stun chance is not decreased, but it's noticeable the difference of the stun time between part 5 and part 9. 2 sec more stun can make you lose objectives, and potentially lose the match because of that (this is just empirical knowledge, i could be wrong on that).

by that way of classifying jasons, this is the tier list, but depending on the way you classify things change. for example: my fav, and the best (in my opinion) is part 9 and he's C tier on that tier list. i tried to be impartial and stick with the meta, but every jason has their strengths and weaknesses, so every jason can be S+ depending on the playstyle.

As someone who plays as a counselor 99% of the time, I have a few questions about Jason's abilities.

Here is my understanding of each ability:

Stalk – Increases/Decreases the time that Stalk is active.  Does it increase/decrease the recharge time and if so, by how much?

Shift – Increases/Decreases the time/distance you can shift for.  Does it increase/decrease the recharge time?

Sense – Does it increase/decrease the recharge time?  Does it increase the radius you can sense?  Tried testing it in offline bots before and it seemed to make 0 difference as far as how likely you are to find a counselor.   Even while in Rage I had a hard time with a + Sense Jason finding counselors who are in hiding spots.

Morph – Im assuming this just increase/decrease recharge time for Morph?

Stun Resistance – Haven’t tested. Anyone know how much more/less likely this makes Jason to stuns?

Defense – lol I got no idea what this one is about.  There is already a stat for hit points so what does this even do?

Less Hit Points – What practical difference does this make?  How many more/less hits does it take to get the mask off?

Run – Definitely makes a big difference for Jason’s speed.

Water Speed  - Definitely makes a big difference for Jason’s water speed.

Grip Strength - What practical difference does this make?  How many more/less taps of the A button does it take for a counselor to free themselves?

Throwing Knives – Self-explanatory.  Considering how easy it is to find knives, I don’t see much value in this.

Traps – Self-explanatory.   Have 2 more traps is very helpful.

Weapon Strength – A “slasher’s” dream.  How many more/less hits does it take to kill a counselor with his?  (or better question is how many more/less hits to make them limp)

Destruction – Reduces hits to knock down a door from 5 to 3.  Very handy to put pressure on counselors.

I am curious to know more about the actual effects of these  abilities as I haven't really tested them other than Sense.  I can say that +Sense DOES NOT make counselors light up red more often.  It may increase the radius(i am skeptical that it does) and decrease the recharge time, but it definitely does not increase the chances of them lighting up red.

I suppose if I were to customize my own Jason I would do the following (based on what i do know):

+Destruction, +Run, +Traps (I at least know exactly what those do)

-Throwing Knives, -Grip Strength, -Defense

@Carlso In a nutshell my point is that your criteria scored Stun Resistance, a non-working mechanic, with an impact value of +/- 2. Yet you scored two impactful abilities (how impactful depends on playstyle, map etc) as a 0.

Also, Stun Resistance is completely broken! It has no bearing on stun time, let alone stun chance. Source: Me and many others - double checked/tested at this very moment. The ability is a falsehood and would have you believe in its description during gameplay unless you know otherwise.

14 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

As someone who plays as a counselor 99% of the time, I have a few questions about Jason's abilities.

Here is my understanding of each ability:

Stalk – Increases/Decreases the time that Stalk is active.  Does it increase/decrease the recharge time and if so, by how much?

Shift – Increases/Decreases the time/distance you can shift for.  Does it increase/decrease the recharge time?

Sense – Does it increase/decrease the recharge time?  Does it increase the radius you can sense?  Tried testing it in offline bots before and it seemed to make 0 difference as far as how likely you are to find a counselor.   Even while in Rage I had a hard time with a + Sense Jason finding counselors who are in hiding spots.

Stun Resistance – Haven’t tested. Anyone know how much more/less likely this makes Jason to stuns?

Defense – lol I got no idea what this one is about.  There is already a stat for hit points so what does this even do?

Less Hit Points – What practical difference does this make?  How many more/less hits does it take to get the mask off?

Run – Definitely makes a big difference for Jason’s speed.

Water Speed  - Definitely makes a big difference for Jason’s water speed.

Grip Strength - What practical difference does this make?  How many more/less taps of the A button does it take for a counselor to free themselves?

Throwing Knives – Self-explanatory.  Considering how easy it is to find knives, I don’t see much value in this.

Traps – Self-explanatory.   Have 2 more traps is very helpful.

Weapon Strength – A “slasher’s” dream.  How many more/less hits does it take to kill a counselor with his?  (or better question is how many more/less hits to make them limp)

Destruction – Reduces hits to knock down a door from 5 to 3.  Very handy to put pressure on counselors.

I am curious to know more about the actual effects of these  abilities as I haven't really tested them other than Sense.  I can say that +Sense DOES NOT make counselors light up red more often.  It may increase the radius(i am skeptical that it does) and decrease the recharge time, but it definitely does not increase the chances of them lighting up red.

I suppose if I were to customize my own Jason I would do the following (based on what i do know):

+Destruction, +Run, +Traps (I at least know exactly what those do)

-Throwing Knives, -Grip Strength, -Defense

You're right about most of it. A plus in sense does increase the radius and charge time, but won't help you find counselors with good composure stats. With the right perks they could be standing next to you and won't light up red if their fear isn't high enough. The sense ability is tied in heavily to the current fear level of the counselors.

Hit points is the total number of damage Jason has to take before the mask comes off, while defense determines how much damage Jason actually takes when he gets hit. That's why Part 5's mask seems to come off so much easier, since he's weak in both these areas.

Grip strength is almost completely pointless. A counselor with high composure and strength can theoretically break out a little easier, but the ability to insta-kill negates this most of the time.

A Jason with weapon strength can cut down a counselor with an epic thick skin perk in about five swings, and a vanilla counselor in three.

It all depends on your play style as Jason, but traps and the ability to run down high-stam counselor's are vital to everyone, so Jason's with less traps minus Savanni are always going to be a teir lower in my book. There's a reason you see so many Part 3's nowadays. Not because he's the best, he just has the best balance between strengths and weaknesses. (Weapon Strength, Decent Shift for a running Jason, Normal number of Traps, and for some reason seemingly the hardest to get the mask off of) His only real drawback is that it takes him forever to break down doors.

26 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

Tried testing it in offline bots before and it seemed to make 0 difference as far as how likely you are to find a counselor.

yes it does, especially for low stealth counselors.

(you forgot to put if your jason runs or not)

mine would be

+shift +sense +stalk

-Grip -Water speed -can't run

23 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

The ability is a falsehood and would have you believe in its description during gameplay unless you know otherwise.

i do feel part 5 takes longer to recover than part 9, but if you say so... maybe it's just psychological. 

Posted (edited)

@Laotian Lam this post is probably worthy of it's own topic instead of hijacking Carlso's thread. But here's what I know...

On 7/21/2020 at 4:21 PM, Laotian Lam said:

Yes. Not sure on the exact time taken to recharge. But I do know that all Jasons have the same Stalk duration if standing still.

Yes. People also claim that a +Shift is the same travel speed as neutral Shift but it's not. I've tested and seen tests that show +Shift is ever so slightly faster, it just last a slightly shorter duration which balances out the distance travelled. Tested: Neutral and +Shift Jasons travel the same speed and distance.

Yes to recharge time. Sense does affect detection radius as I've had problems locating a friend hiding on the edge of the map when using Part 8 despite being in Rage mode. Also, sensing a counselor within radius is dependant on their fear level, game duration and Rage.

Correct.

DOES NOT WORK. ALL JASONS STUN THE SAME. Sucker Punch is the only thing that affects stun chance and Heavy Hitter marginally affects stun duration.

It was also meant to include a block chance attribute where Jason can still be stunned occasionally even if blocking. THIS DOES NOT WORK and should not be mistaken for Jason's failure to block caused by ping. Only provides less HP.

Jason will be demasked quicker (in 1 or 2 less hits) meaning he could practically get killed easier. Not sure on exact numbers, especially after the latest patch update to counselor's Strength stat.

A counselor would require less button presses to escape from Jason's grip, thus practically avoiding death if Jason takes too long to active a kill. Not sure on exact number of more/less button presses required but the difference is only really noticeable when grabbing Adam or Tommy, and possibly Jenny, IMO.

Main values are the time saved gathering knives and killing a counselor with your last knife vs having them get in a window or heal up because you ran out.

It takes 1 less hit to kill and 1 less to get them limping. The perfect answer to kill squads IMO.

Better yet, it reduces hits from 6 to 3. I hate facing Part 4 due to his pressure game.

Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Updated answer to Sense and Shift questions.

@Carlso sorry if I hijacked your thread.  Lol

And thanks to you and @F13 Seppuku Squad for.your detailed responses. 

One thing I know is Ill never use a -shift Jason.  Got hardcore trolled by Nessa once and I vowed to get better at shift and never  use Part 2 again. Was really hard to suck up my pride and not rage quit lol.  

On topic, the worst two weaknesses any Jason can have are negative shift and negative traps. 

A Jason who is saddled with both of these weaknesses has zero map control ability.

With that being said it's obvious which Jason is at the bottom of the barrel. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SirMang said:

negative traps. 

don't know about that one. on public lobbies maybe, but against coordinated teams, they will step on the traps as they were nothing. also considering that thick-skinned and medic are meta 2 survivors with decent strength can delete 4 traps in a blink of an eye.

generally, when i find the fuse and get a teammate to help i can fix and call the police, no matter the number of traps at the fuse box.

Test must vary because I saw a shift test that shows +shift and neutral shift are exactly the same distance and speed the only difference is recharge rate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Carlso said:

don't know about that one. on public lobbies maybe, but against coordinated teams, they will step on the traps as they were nothing. also considering that thick-skinned and medic are meta 2 survivors with decent strength can delete 4 traps in a blink of an eye.

generally, when i find the fuse and get a teammate to help i can fix and call the police, no matter the number of traps at the fuse box.

Right but when you're stuck with negative traps that's 2 less warning bells for you to be told that counselors are fucking with an objective and you should go over there. 

Pair that up with negative shift and you have no ability to control the cars. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Test must vary because I saw a shift test that shows +shift and neutral shift are exactly the same distance and speed the only difference is recharge rate.

No, you are right. It was the same YouTuber's previous test (below) that I initially saw. Did a simple test myself thereafter and had similar results.

But having now tested again more precisely, the speed and distance is indeed the same for neutral and +Shift Jasons.

Parts 2, 4 and 6 are the most balanced Jasons in the game. With actual strengths and actual weaknesses.

The problem is Part 3, Roy and Part 8 have really no weaknesses, hence overpowered, hence lobby spam.

7 and 9 are pretty balanced too, but why play them when you can play Jasons with no weaknesses?

This goes back on the paper thin gameplay with the devs. To think there was actually a point in time between Beta and Launch where Jason was NOT going to have traps? Even though the traps were made useless by perks that make them evaporate eventually. There was a point in time where the devs actually thought it was a good idea for Jason not to have them period. He was only going to have throwing knives as an added mechanic for launch.

Imagine if the game launched like that? Why bother playing? Every Jason with zero objective control whatsoever. Imagine the small crap maps like that? 

Ughhhh...this game could've been so much more. Its fun, but it'll always be a stained 'what if' experience.

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Ughhhh...this game could've been so much more. Its fun, but it'll always be a stained 'what if' experience.

Amen brother.😑