Sign in to follow this  
RetroJason89

Is there some prejudice against low levels?

Ever since I started playing on the PS4 I been noticing alot of higher levels like 100+ either leave before you grab them or during mid kill & I'm wondering why? Why deny someone's kill when you either outplayed them while enduring alot of their bs or commit suicide? Is there like a score board that has a KD ratio that I don't know about? Or is it people's ego or reputation in not wanting to be kill by low a level or just anyone in general? Now normally I would share a video of me going against 5 high levels but due to the rules here about naming & shaming I don't wanna get into trouble so you'll have to check out my video on my channel to get my view but anyways is their any shame to be beaten by a low level? Personally I don't mind it cause they got me fair n' square & I wish them a "GG" when they kill me but what about everyone else?

For one, no one likes dying. Some people will do what you said regardless of any situation.

But in basically every multiplayer game there is a certain amount of elitism among long-time players or highly skilled players. Just how it goes.

25 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

For one, no one likes dying. Some people will do what you said regardless of any situation.

But in basically every multiplayer game there is a certain amount of elitism among long-time players or highly skilled players. Just how it goes.

Damn you guys responded fast but anyways I guess you're right there Jolly but on my part it's only a 6 second or lower animation kill to endure that won't hurt to stay.ūüėõ

24 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It's not just against low level. People rage quit against all level Jason's.

Except if it's against a friend of theirs.

You ruined their fun. Plain and simple.

Lots (not all) of the remaining 150s just play to bully or kill Jason. You take that away, they disconnect. You kill Tommy near the sweater girl, she'll disconnect or vice versa, etc. If you cut the power to the Tommy box, they leave. If you start mowing down the lobby, they leave. If you don't pick Packacrap Small, they leave, etc.

Likewise in reverse, if a high level Jason doesn't have an easy game, he'll leave. If the cops manage to get called, they'll leave. If the mask is off, they'll hide in the water or they'll disconnect before the kill animation for them can begin.

This is not to say all low level/mid level players are saints, but I see this up above behavior much more in the highest numbered level players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Another thing is on console they track your stats, so people don't want to have a bad k/d. Hence why they leave: doesn't count in the stats.

Wait how do you track stats?

6 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

You ruined their fun. Plain and simple.

Lots (not all) of the remaining 150s just play to bully or kill Jason. You take that away, they disconnect. You kill Tommy near the sweater girl, she'll disconnect or vice versa, etc. If you cut the power to the Tommy box, they leave. If you start mowing down the lobby, they leave. If you don't pick Packacrap Small, they leave, etc.

Likewise in reverse, if a high level Jason doesn't have an easy game, he'll leave. If the cops manage to get called, they'll leave. If the mask is off, they'll hide in the water or they'll disconnect before the kill animation for them can begin.

This is not to say all low level/mid level players are saints, but I see this up above behavior much more in the highest numbered level players.

So when it all boils down to is that it's something I have to get used to, huh? ūüėí

7 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

So when it all boils down to is that it's something I have to get used to, huh? ūüėí

Yep, long and short of it.

Make no mistake. If this game got some more content before the lawsuit was a thing or even if it wasn't a thing and the devs just stopped adding content to the game as they would've eventually due to return of investment probably at the end of 2018 or early 2019. That's the kind of behavior you would be getting. To be fair, every gaming community has its toxic elements.

Because they don't care about others' fun. They just want to bully Jason, and when they got killed, they rage quit to find a new lobby as fast as possible and start bullying Jason again so they can have fun. They are just kind of selfish. I can't imagine a level 150 being frustrated because he got killed, at that point he already should be used to it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Yup. Maybe it's just me, but I take a strange sense of pride in forcing someone to suicide or rage quit. It's basically their way of saying I'm trash and can't beat you, so I'm just gona quit like a prized french poodle. Yeah, you really showed me by denying me that one kill... Nah, you just showed everyone in the lobby what a punk your are. You might not have gotten credit for the kill, but you still kicked their arse, so that's all that really matters.

It's amazing how butt-hurt some players get from dying in a game where even the best players have death tolls in triple and even quadruple digits.

• Like 1

If you're 150 with all the badges and tapes, why stick around if you're gonna  get killed?   There's no point.  We just play to have fun now.  We dont play to "Accomplish" anything.  Because there is nothing left to accomplish.   Sticking around and waiting for the next game to start or get disconnected is pointless.  Blame the lawsuit and no new content  for experienced players.  Not the players.  Most of us are just half-arsing it now .  Trying to go for a quick sweater grab or repair/escape.  If we fail to achieve it quickly, we leave 

16 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

If you don't pick Packacrap Small, they leave, etc.

God , i hate that map !   I think that's all anyone picks and it's always a 150!     

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DorianRo said:

If you're 150 with all the badges and tapes, why stick around if you're gonna  get killed?   There's no point.  We just play to have fun now.  We dont play to "Accomplish" anything.  Because there is nothing left to accomplish.   Sticking around and waiting for the next game to start or get disconnected is pointless.  Blame the lawsuit and no new content  for experienced players.  Not the players.  Most of us are just half-arsing it now .  Trying to go for a quick sweater grab or repair/escape.  If we fail to achieve it quickly, we leave 

This comment is one big contradiction if you ask me , if you feel this way BUT still have the time to log on and do this boy would i like your life! 

8 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yup. Maybe it's just me, but I take a strange sense of pride in forcing someone to suicide or rage quit. It's basically their way of saying I'm trash and can't beat you, so I'm just gona quit like a prized french poodle. Yeah, you really showed me by denying me that one kill... Nah, you just showed everyone in the lobby what a punk your are. You might not have gotten credit for the kill, but you still kicked their arse, so that's all that really matters.

It's amazing how butt-hurt some players get from dying in a game where even the best players have death tolls in triple and even quadruple digits.

reminds me of this time a group of 150's tried to kill me they got me on my knees but the kill glitched and when they didnt kill me they all left

18 hours ago, Carlso said:

Because they don't care about others' fun. They just want to bully Jason, and when they got killed, they rage quit to find a new lobby as fast as possible and start bullying Jason again so they can have fun. They are just kind of selfish. I can't imagine a level 150 being frustrated because he got killed, at that point he already should be used to it.

i'm lvl 150 and i dont really care if i get killed just annoyed 

2 hours ago, 82912 said:

i'm lvl 150 and i dont really care if i get killed just annoyed 

i dont even feel anything anymore. it's part of the game sometimes you escape sometimes you die. it is what it is.

im also 150. after i die and im not tommy, i leave. i dont need the xp anymore, or CPs

19 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Another thing is on console they track your stats, so people don't want to have a bad k/d. Hence why they leave: doesn't count in the stats.

not on ps4 at least. 

If I was still solo-queueing, I'd leave after being killed too.

I have all the badges, all the achievements, CP and XP mean nothing and I'm just playing to have fun now. 

Of course, I don't solo-queue and only play with a friend or two so we stay in lobbies and stick it out til the end. 

On 7/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, RetroJason89 said:

Wait how do you track stats?

on xbox your stats are listed under the achievements. you only get 4 stats, but pretty sweet non the less. you get: time played, how many times youve died as a counselor, how many counselors youve killed as jason, and for some stupid ass reason, how many doors youve broken down.. i wish instead of doors it was how many times youve survived, like all condictions included. who cares that ive busted 20,000+ doors... 

im not sure about playstation/pc tho..

my time played is an embarrising amount of time ūüėÖ

It used to be worse before the Rage buff. You'd regularly see lobbies with three or more high level Chads bullying Jason the entire match and rage quitting if he ever got the upper hand. Occasionally they'd take breaks to dance, teabag and smack other counselors.

16 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

God , i hate that map !   I think that's all anyone picks and it's always a 150!     

Seriously, WTF is up with that? I just leave the lobby if I see someone picking Packanack Small twice in a row now.

Quick Play is full of surprises, and not necessarily the good kind. People rage quit, team, troll, and more. Thankfully, not everyone does it.

It makes sense people who are at 150 with everything accomplished have little reason to play the right way, especially if they are bored. No more content is coming, the fixes may improve things to a point, and the servers have a finite amount of time on the clock.

The penalties (or lack of) aren't enough to deter rate quitting / teaming / suicides. Naming and shaming doesn't help either.

Find a nice circle of friends, and play Private matches to cut down on the misery. There are still people playing that believe in changing maps every round, no double counselors in the lobby, and mix up the kills.

• Like 1

Its not your level.    I started seeing people do that within the 1st month of release.

Usually try hards with a god complex.

13 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

It used to be worse before the Rage buff. You'd regularly see lobbies with three or more high level Chads bullying Jason the entire match and rage quitting if he ever got the upper hand. Occasionally they'd take breaks to dance, teabag and smack other counselors.

Seriously, WTF is up with that? I just leave the lobby if I see someone picking Packanack Small twice in a row now.

Because if you use Vanessa with thick skin and medic you have two health sprays , if you spawn near the main house you hit the life guard stand for another run up too that tiny shack and grab another you now have 6 health sprays before Jason get his two knives off moms wall. You can also get another spray near that barn near the escape and on the island near the boat house those are 100% every game . You can now house hope between 6 houses just feet of each other as well . If you're playing with experienced people this map is super easy as is Higgs Small . Basically it's easy for friends too beat up on Jason . 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

Because if you use Vanessa with thick skin and medic you have two health sprays , if you spawn near the main house you hit the life guard stand for another run up too that tiny shack and grab another you now have 6 health sprays before Jason get his two knives off moms wall. You can also get another spray near that barn near the escape and on the island near the boat house those are 100% every game . You can now house hope between 6 houses just feet of each other as well . If you're playing with experienced people this map is super easy as is Higgs Small . Basically it's easy for friends too beat up on Jason . 

Yep, now if you surround Jason. He can't grab, his only play is slash and/or attempt use his wonky block in conjunction with 'tech' like knife/slash, etc. He can trade blows, but he'll be stunned several times over, meanwhile they can continue to hit him without consequence until the weapon breaks and/or he manages to get one or two to limp, but then you have spray cancel, etc. Somewhere in there, he hits rage, but so what?

I don't care how the good the Jason is. The mask is coming off and Packacrap Small is one of the easiest places to play this way due to lack of RNG. Decent counselors can do whatever they want on that map. Likewise, if the lobby has a mixed crowd or really new players, Jason will run through Pack Small, especially with the highly spammed Part 3/Roy types. I gotta laugh on the folks on reddit saying Part 3 is one of the most 'balanced' Jasons in the game because he has no weaknesses that matter. Goes to show they have no clue as that means OVERPOWERED, not balanced. Balanced in this game would be Parts 2, 4 and 6. They all have considerable strengths and actual weaknesses. 2 has objective control, but slow as all hell and weak up close. Part 4 is a monster up close, but has terrible objective control. Part 6 has great range and speed, but slow overall across the map with the slow timer on Morph, meaning he better be sure before Morphing somewhere or an objective could be taken care of before he gets back.

The small maps are bleh. The DLC maps are the opposite direction. Jason can take down a lobby with his eyes closed on those maps if they have any experience on Jarvis/Pinehurst. The best maps for me are the original 3. They offer a permanent 4 seater and the occasional boat. Though I will say Parts 4/7/9 really go up or down in strength based on the RNG of whether its the boat or 2 seater. Bottom line, lots of lobbies will simply ignore the boat because the propeller is so hard to find and/or water being a death trap, regardless of what Jason they go against. So this automatically allows Jasons with lesser traps to focus solely on the car and phone, unless they want to throw a trap on the shack, which I tend not to unless the lobby is loaded with Nessa spam.

• Like 4