Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I still can't believe after all of the patches and updates this game has had over the years that they still haven't implemented a way to ready up games faster. The games just need to automatically ready up either when the majority has readied up or if the lobby becomes full. Having two or three players just sitting there and everyone else has to wait a few minutes before a game can start is ridiculous in 2020 (it's ridiculous for any game made in the last ten years).


I know they can't add any new content or whatever to the game, but certainly they could change this aspect of the game. People want to get into games as quickly as possible. Make it happen, please!:)

Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

works fine in my region 😕

search takes no longer than 5min. lobbies are usually with 5 people or more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Carlso said:

works fine in my region 😕

search takes no longer than 5min. lobbies are usually with 5 people or more.

I don't think you understand the post...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

Having two or three players just sitting there and everyone else has to wait a few minutes

yep i am one of those who just get ready by time so...

i mean it's just 3 min bro why u mad let me get my perks

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have your perks ready before going in the lobby. Three minutes isn't much, but when it's game after game after game, it adds up and is less playing time for all involved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean,  you are clicking on “quick play.” You have the option to select or roll perks on the main menu under customization. It would be nice if everyone had their shit together and was ready to play when they enter “quick play.”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

Have your perks ready before going in the lobby. Three minutes isn't much, but when it's game after game after game, it adds up and is less playing time for all involved.

 

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I mean,  you are clicking on “quick play.” You have the option to select or roll perks on the main menu under customization. It would be nice if everyone had their shit together and was ready to play when they enter “quick play.”

nah

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like are you really changing out your perks each game? I haven't changed mine many months. There's only so much you can do with them. Besides, it still has nothing to do with the original intent of the post. Why derail it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Gacys Clown said:

I still can't believe after all of the patches and updates this game has had over the years that they still haven't implemented a way to ready up games faster. The games just need to automatically ready up either when the majority has readied up or if the lobby becomes full. Having two or three players just sitting there and everyone else has to wait a few minutes before a game can start is ridiculous in 2020 (it's ridiculous for any game made in the last ten years).


I know they can't add any new content or whatever to the game, but certainly they could change this aspect of the game. People want to get into games as quickly as possible. Make it happen, please!:)

Thanks!

Changes to the ready up mechanic is probably beyond their game plan this late in the development process.

Some players won't ready up right away for legit reasons. Bathroom breaks, smoke breaks and snack breaks all come to mind.

It does suck sometimes, but that's why Private matches are an option too. I rarely see players waste time there, but I can only speak for my own experience.

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I mean,  you are clicking on “quick play.” You have the option to select or roll perks on the main menu under customization. It would be nice if everyone had their shit together and was ready to play when they enter “quick play.”

In an ideal world, it would be nice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes isn't really that long to wait for a match to start. Some players do need a minute to get ready and its not just for changing perks. Sometimes you need hit the restroom, grab a drink, let the dog out, get the kids a snack, or just scout out the competition. Yeah,  nobody likes the one guy who just refuses to ready up, especially when he's doing it just to troll the lobby, but I also find the one guy nagging everybody else to ready up immediately just as annoying.

When I do get annoyed is when I get stuck in what I like to call a carousel lobby, where you've got the one guy that won't ready up, somebody decides to leave with 20 seconds left and kicks off and endless cycle of people entering and leaving the lobby, resetting the timer back to one minute every time. Usually with the same turd un-checking his box. 3 minutes is fine with me. 8-10 minutes, heck no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 8:29 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

I mean,  you are clicking on “quick play.” You have the option to select or roll perks on the main menu under customization. It would be nice if everyone had their shit together and was ready to play when they enter “quick play.”

I like rolling for perks in the lobbies, too, because perk roll are way faster than in the main menu (and I blew past a million CP a while ago, so the backlog can be real). However, 1) I make an effort not to hold lobbies up / only do it briefly while waiting for them to fill and 2) I think you can just start a private lobby to get the faster perk rolls (@Carlso).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I'm in a lobby and someone is spamming the button and/or telling me to ready up, you can bet the match isn't going to start til the timer runs down.

😌

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 9:50 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

3 minutes isn't really that long to wait for a match to start. Some players do need a minute to get ready and its not just for changing perks. Sometimes you need hit the restroom, grab a drink, let the dog out, get the kids a snack, or just scout out the competition. Yeah,  nobody likes the one guy who just refuses to ready up, especially when he's doing it just to troll the lobby, but I also find the one guy nagging everybody else to ready up immediately just as annoying.

When I do get annoyed is when I get stuck in what I like to call a carousel lobby, where you've got the one guy that won't ready up, somebody decides to leave with 20 seconds left and kicks off and endless cycle of people entering and leaving the lobby, resetting the timer back to one minute every time. Usually with the same turd un-checking his box. 3 minutes is fine with me. 8-10 minutes, heck no.

This is my biggest gripe, the timer resetting every time. Just get the game going.

And if people have to take a break to go smoke, eat, use the bathroom, etc (the dumbest excuse I've seen on here)...you don't have to be in a lobby to do that. Go do that first, THEN hit Quick Play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

If I'm in a lobby and someone is spamming the button and/or telling me to ready up, you can bet the match isn't going to start til the timer runs down.

😌

Awful mature of you. This is why we can't have nice things.:/ lol *kidding*

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2020 at 12:35 PM, Gacys Clown said:

I still can't believe after all of the patches and updates this game has had over the years that they still haven't implemented a way to ready up games faster. The games just need to automatically ready up either when the majority has readied up or if the lobby becomes full. Having two or three players just sitting there and everyone else has to wait a few minutes before a game can start is ridiculous in 2020 (it's ridiculous for any game made in the last ten years).


I know they can't add any new content or whatever to the game, but certainly they could change this aspect of the game. People want to get into games as quickly as possible. Make it happen, please!:)

Thanks!

this is no good cuz see i somtimes take time to go to the bafroom and when i get back my charcters already dead cuz ppl in the lobby forced a ready up by clickin the thingy so i have to leave the game an find a new game

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

this is no good cuz see i somtimes take time to go to the bafroom and when i get back my charcters already dead cuz ppl in the lobby forced a ready up by clickin the thingy so i have to leave the game an find a new game

Here's an amazingly novel idea...go to the bafroom first, then go join a lobby. Crazy, I know...lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if hosts had actual host powers, im pretty sure the game would be more ruined than benefited.

a host that intends to play as jason will more than likely kick the army of vanessas infesting the lobby, making the other players wait longer.

a host who wants counsel AND  a vanessa will more than likely kick any running jason.

 

if aanything, id agree to give host ready powers by making the match start immediately. OR, tweak the game so when majority is ready, the asshole that is deliberately stalling will no longer be able to do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

if hosts had actual host powers, im pretty sure the game would be more ruined than benefited.

a host that intends to play as jason will more than likely kick the army of vanessas infesting the lobby, making the other players wait longer.

a host who wants counsel AND  a vanessa will more than likely kick any running jason.

 

if aanything, id agree to give host ready powers by making the match start immediately. OR, tweak the game so when majority is ready, the asshole that is deliberately stalling will no longer be able to do it.

P2P host (public lobby host with no dedicated servers) can't kick anyone. The only thing they can do is rage quit like little bitches and threaten to rage quit like little bitches, which would cause the whole lobbies game to end.

A Jason main host that wouldn't want the best competition they can get is nothing more than a shit Jason. The same goes for a counselor main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the most annoying thing about the game at present. Always has to be one player who just won't press the start button just to be a jerk. Don't keep people waiting especially how hard it has been to get a proper game. 

If they don't hit start and there is a 2 min countdown I'll leave and join another lobby and their game will likely have less players. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2020 at 2:50 PM, Somethin Cool said:

If I'm in a lobby and someone is spamming the button and/or telling me to ready up, you can bet the match isn't going to start til the timer runs down.

😌

absolutely 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

absolutely 👍

If someone does this you can bet I'm going to leave the lobby and find one where people press the start button. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Deano78 said:

If someone does this you can bet I'm going to leave the lobby and find one where people press the start button. 

i cant stand it when someone is spamming the ready button.. it used to crash the game if a few dunce hats would all be doing it at once. doesnt anyone use the bathroom anymore or does everyone have a piss jug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

i cant stand it when someone is spamming the ready button.. it used to crash the game if a few dunce hats would all be doing it at once. doesnt anyone use the bathroom anymore or does everyone have a piss jug?

I hate the button mashing too. So annoying. But as has been said previously, go to the bathroom on your own time, then go in the lobby. The lobby isn't your bathroom break location.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gacys Clown said:

I hate the button mashing too. So annoying. But as has been said previously, go to the bathroom on your own time, then go in the lobby. The lobby isn't your bathroom break location.

that is what the 3 minute timer is for. get up & stretch, make a submarine sandwich, kiss the kids goodnight, whatever ya want. it can be annoying sometimes when you want to jump back into the action, but the timer is there for a reason. i dont think 3 minutes at the most is an unreasonable time to wait. what i do find unreasonable is when some twit spams the ready button, sends a snobby toned message, or takes an unpleasent tone in game chat, just because they didnt have to take a shit. if im ready & only one person is not ready in the lobby, it only gives me some time to stir the sauce. my advice is to just relax & maybe do something on your phone or around the house while you wait. maybe you originaly made this thread while waiting for some asshole to ready up..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...