Hello Everybody,

Last month, a community member named Shady had submitted a posting, asking for a counselor tier list and I thought I’d chime in with my two cents.  A few months I had posted some comments on this forum stating that I don’t believe that there’s a best overall counselor, however I do believe there’s a best counselor in each category. 

After playing the game for a while, I have modified my opinion.  I now believe that there are two best overall counselors and two that deserve an honorable mention. 

I’m going to define each category, show the results of some polls I had posted, rank all the counselor from last and then go into details about my top four favorite counselors.  Please be advised the ranking, categories, definitions, and all comments are my opinions only.  Please feel free to disagree.

Here are what I call the five categories of counselors and my definition of them: 

1.  The Mechanics:  These are counselors who are good at repairing objectives.  A counselor needs a six or higher score in repair to qualify for this role.

2.  The Runners:  These are counselors who are good at running.  They excel at kiting and juking Jason.  They're also good at delivering parts to objectives.  To qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher score in stamina.

3.  The Defenders:  These counselors are good at protecting mechanics while they repair objectives.  A counselor needs a six or higher in luck to qualify for this role.

4.  The Brawlers:  These counselors are good at going toe to toe with Jason and knocking off his mask.  To qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher score in strength.

5.  The Double Classes:  These are counselors who can do double duty in the above categories.  In order to qualify for this role, a counselor needs a six or higher in two or more of the following stats:  repair, stamina, luck, and strength.

A couple of months ago, I submitted several polls asking people who they think the best counselor in each category is.  Here are the current results of those polls:

1.  The Mechanics:  Deborah Kim

2.  The Runners:  A tie between Vanessa Jones and Tiffany Cox

3:  The Defenders:  Vanessa Jones

4.  The Brawlers:  Brandon "Buggzy" Wilson

5.  The Double Classes:  Vanessa Jones

My picks for the best counselor in each category are going to be somewhat different from the results of the polls.  I will present my categorial picks but first I’m going to present my overall ranking of the counselors.  As I said before, this list and all comments are my opinions only.  Also, please be aware any counselor can be effective in the hands of a skilled player.  Please note also that I’m going to judge each counselor by their natural stats without the inclusion of any perks.  Now on to my list with my comment on each counselor.  Please be aware that I’m going to start from the bottom and work my way up.

14.  Shelly – In my opinion, Shelly is the worst counselor in the game.  With a seven in strength, it seems like Shelly’s role would be that of a brawler, but there would be much better picks for that role like Adam or Fox.  The rest of Shelly’s stats are either bad, mediocre or pointless for this type of character.  For example, Shelly has an eight in stealth which I believe is useless for a brawler counselor.  If you’re going toe to toe with Jason, what is high stealth going to do for you?  I would pass on this counselor.

13.  Eric – With a ten in repair, Eric’s role would be that of a mechanic.  While he’s great at fixing objectives, his abysmally low stat of two in stamina makes him extremely vulnerable.  If Jason finds him, Eric has a very low chance of escaping.  I would choose a different counselor.

12.  Deborah – I might catch some flak for this one.  Deborah is very popular with other players and I do see her a lot in the public lobbies.  I myself used to play Deborah quite a bit before moving on to other counselors.  In my opinion, she’s the female version of Eric.  She’s a little better than him but not by much.  She’s practically got the same weakness as him.  With a three in stamina, she’s going to have a hell of a time escaping from Jason if he finds her.

Although she’s got a ten in repair, I don’t believe that means she’s a good counselor to play.   I’m going to elaborate on this point, but first, I would recommend watching Slash N’Cast’s counselor re-ranking video on YouTube. Here’s the link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oXTIw8AMek.   

According to that video, having the max points in a stat isn’t always necessary.  For example, Mitch’s repair stat of eight will sometimes give him three skill checks instead of the two Deborah would normally get, which wouldn't qualify as a meaningful difference in my opinion.

Like I said, I used to play Deborah a lot and I used to think she was decent, but now I don’t play her anymore and my opinion of her has changed.  I would play a different counselor other than her.

11.  Kenny – I consider Kenny to be the start of the mid-tier counselors.  With straight fives in all stats, he’s not bad at anything, but he’s not good at anything either.  The only reason I could see playing him is if you’re a beginning player who’s trying to figure out your style of play.  Once you’ve figured that out, then you should switch to the counselor that best fits that style.  Otherwise, I wouldn’t bother with Kenny.

10. Chad – I know I’m probably going to catch hell for this, but in my opinion, Chad is just a so-so defender.  Yes, he’s got that perfect ten in luck.  Yes, his weapons will rarely break and he can crawl through broken windows with barely a scratch, but unfortunately that’s his only real advantage.  Like I said before, you don’t need a score of ten in a stat to be a good counselor.  Victoria’s or Jenny’s score of eight for example would be more than sufficient to qualify as a good defender.

Chad’s other good stat is a nine in speed, but I don’t believe that’s very beneficial for him because his stamina score of four handicaps him.  He may be good at running short distances but long ones are going to present a challenge for him.  He wouldn’t be my first pick as a defender.

9.  Mitch – With a repair of eight, a composure of nine, and a stealth of six, Mitch is good at sneaking around and fixing objectives, but he wouldn’t be the best choice for this role.  AJ, with her repair of seven, composure of seven, and stealth of ten would be a much better selection.  I would pick her over Mitch.

8.  Jenny – For all you no-fear Jenny fans, rejoice!  I actually find her to be a decent counselor.  With an eight in luck, her role would be that of a defender and with a stamina of five, she would at least have a passable chance of juking Jason if necessary and running to hotspots.  Of course, she’s got that perfect ten in composure which allows her to keep her cool around Jason while whacking him with a baseball bat.  That’s way better than Chad’s measly composure score of one.  That and her stamina score are why I ranked her higher than Chad.

7.  Tiffany – With a six in speed and a nine in stamina, Tiffany is a good choice if you want to kite and juke Jason, however I believe Vanessa with her speed of ten and stamina of nine would be a better option.  Also, I think Tiffany’s stealth score of ten is a waste except in certain circumstances.  Having high stealth might be good if you’re delivering parts to an objective, but you would have to jog not sprint if you don’t want Jason to detect you.  Also, I don’t think stealth is going to help you too much if you’re going to be kiting and juking Jason.

6.  Buggzy – In my opinion, Buggzy would be a good brawler but not an ideal one.  He’s got that score of ten in strength so he’s great at demasking Jason, but Adam with his score of eight and Fox with her score of seven would be more than sufficient at that task.  Also, Adam and Fox have a repair score of six so if killing Jason fails, they can easily repair objectives.  With a repair score of one, Buggzy would be lousy at that.

I have to admit that with a solid score of eight in both speed and stamina, Buggzy would make an excellent runner.  However, if running and kiting Jason are your thing, I believe it would make more sense to pick Vanessa with her speed score of ten and stamina score of nine over Buggzy.

5.  Victoria – In my opinion, Victoria would be the best defender.  With a solid eight in luck, her weapons will last a long time.  Although she’s not very fast with a speed score of four, her score of seven in stamina make up for it.  Unlike Chad and Jenny, long distances wouldn’t present much of an issue with her.  She would be my first pick for a defender.

4.  AJ – If sneaking around the map and repairing objectives are your thing, then AJ is your girl.  With a ten in stealth, a seven in composure, and a seven in repair, AJ’s got that fantastic ability to stay off of Jason’s radar while quickly repairing that phone box or installing that car battery.  Although her other stats are either middling or bad, making her a mediocre runner and a lousy fighter, that’s okay.  When playing AJ, you don’t want to outrun or fight Jason; you don’t want him to know that you even exist.  AJ would be one of my top picks for a mechanic.

3.  Adam – I believe Adam is the best male character.  With an eight in strength and a seven in composure, he would make an excellent brawler while keeping his cool.  If killing Jason doesn’t work out, he can easily fix objectives with a repair score of six.  Adam would be one of my first picks for a brawler.

2.  Vanessa – Without a doubt, Vanessa is the queen of running.  With a score of ten in speed and nine in stamina, she can kite and juke Jason with ease.  Not only are her speed and stamina great, but with a six in luck, she would also make a passable defender.  Unlike other defenders, she’s got the speed and stamina to get to a hotspot in a hurry.  Vanessa would be my top pick for a runner and one of my top picks for a defender.

1.  Fox - I think Fox is a fantastic counselor and she is my main.  With a score of seven in strength and a score of six in composure, she would make an excellent brawler while keeping a level head.  Her repair score of six allows her to repair objectives fairly quickly and easily.  Out of all the mechanics, she’s got the highest stamina score of five which gives her a decent chance of outrunning and juking Jason. 

That’s it for my overall ranking.  As you can see from my list, my top three favorite counselors are Fox, Vanessa, and Adam.  Before I do my final pick for each category, I’m going to engage in some gender discrimination and boot Adam from the list.  The reason being is because he’s a male and he can’t don the sweater.  For that reason, I almost always play female counselors.

My picks for the best in each category would be:

1.  The Mechanics:  Fox

2.  The Runners:  Vanessa Jones

3:  The Defenders:  Vanessa Jones

4.  The Brawlers:  Fox

5.  The Double Classes:  A tie between Vanessa Jones and Fox.  This would depend upon one’s playstyle.

I would also have to give an honorable mention to AJ and Victoria.  Although I would consider each of them to be single class counselors – AJ would be the mechanic; Victoria would be the defender – both of them shine in their respective fields and would be excellent selections.  If I add them to the categorial picks, this is what it would look like:

1.  The Mechanics:  AJ Mason

2.  The Runners:  Vanessa Jones

3:  The Defenders:  Victoria Sterling

4.  The Brawlers:  Fox

5.  The Double Classes:  A tie between Vanessa Jones and Fox.  This would depend upon one’s playstyle.

So, there you have it.  Let me say again that all comments in this post are my opinions only.  This is in no way the definitive word on the counselors and a lot of people may disagree with my ranking.  Please be aware that my opinions may change in the future just like it did with Deborah Kim.  I used to think she was good, but now I don’t.

Thank you for reading and peace out.

Man, I've tried to think about a good tier list for ages. Just get to the conclusion that is kind of impossible to make a tier list because stats throughout all counselors are proportional, so it's just a matter of what stat you think is more important.

Mine would be:

Composure>Stealth>Repair>Strength>Speed>Luck>Stamina

But about your way of classinfying, mine would be:

The Mechanics: Mitch -my main-

(Counselor with fewest taps when breaking free from grab. He can decently fix, decently juke cuz of the high stam regen, and has the stealth. Best counselor in my opinion.)

The Runners: Jenny 

(With Preparedness + Nerves of Steel. Huge stam regen.)

The Defenders: Victoria Sterling

(She's ok.)

The Brawlers: Brandon

(There's nothing more scary than a  brandon with an axe.)

Double Class: Shelly

(He can fix, he opens traps faster than any other stealthy counselor and he's the only heavy hitter that can go around stealthy counselors without revealing them. Don't know why he's so underrated.)

Honorable Mentions: Lachappa

(He's the only counselor that can properly fix, defend and start the car while jason is around. I pick him over deb because, if jason morphs and shifts real quick, she doesn't have time to open the trap and use the spray on herself. AJ is very good but is not that hard to last-second interrupt her repair with a pocket knife. He doesn't have the fewest taps on jason grab, but he surely is very fun to play as.)

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Honorable Mentions: Lachappa

(He's the only counselor that can properly fix, defend and start the car while jason is around. I pick him over deb because, if jason morphs and shifts real quick, she doesn't have time to open the trap and use the spray on herself. AJ is very good but is not that hard to last-second interrupt her repair with a pocket knife. He doesn't have the fewest taps on jason grab, but he surely is very fun to play as.)

It's good to see you've come around on Big Chops. 

42 minutes ago, SirMang said:

It's good to see you've come around on Big Chops. 

yes. been listening people talking shit about him for so long that i actually believed.

25 minutes ago, Carlso said:

yes. been listening people talking shit about him for so long that i actually believed.

I have a special affinity for LaChappa. He may be my favorite counselor, not to play as, just in general as I find him hilarious. More than once I've let a low-level player live just for having the stones to play as Chapps. Killing them is kind of like kicking a puppy anyway. Also, putting a high-level sucker punch on LaChappa appears disproportionately effective for whatever reason. Your missing out if you've never seen a Jason get extra salty because a Lachappa keeps knocking him on his butt with pipes and 2x4's. 

I think it's worth mentioning that tier ranking are different when considering solo Quick Play to an Coordinated Lobby.  Chad's stamina weakness is largely mitigated with efficient backup, which enhances his strong points, which is his luck and speed.  Deb and Eric become Jasons worst nightmare since it very difficult to prevent them from completing repairs even if Jason is there since any stun he takes equals to repaired part.  While certain counselors like Buggzy or Tiff really shine in coordinated play, they struggle without reliable teammates providing easier escape options for them.  Vanessa is strong regardless if she is solo or contributing in a squad, among the reason why she is be best overall counselor since her stats cover most situations better than any other.

On 7/16/2020 at 6:37 PM, odista2000 said:

8.  Jenny – For all you no-fear Jenny fans, rejoice!  I actually find her to be a decent counselor.  With an eight in luck, her role would be that of a defender and with a stamina of five, she would at least have a passable chance of juking Jason if necessary and running to hotspots.  Of course, she’s got that perfect ten in composure which allows her to keep her cool around Jason while whacking him with a baseball bat.  That’s way better than Chad’s measly composure score of one.  That and her stamina score are why I ranked her higher than Chad.

I'd rejoice if you placed her higher lol.  NFJ is top 3 counselor, I'd even rank her #2 behind Vanessa, and there are certain traits she does better than Nessa.  She is really the only counselor that doesn't have to hit Jason to regain signification amount of stamina.  This makes her "baiting game" way more flexible since she isn't as pressured as other counselors to commit to a swing and she is the strongest window hopper. The fact that she doesn't trip shouldn't be ignored ether, as Jason can strife "hover" shift, use the entire duration of shift, and wait for Vanessa to stumble to make his attack (I do this often >:3 ).  She is slow and is limited on perk combos, which are her only weakness, and Vanessa's stats do favor the team more in coordinated play, which is the reason why I still rank Vanessa over NFJenny, but Jenny is every bit of a good solo option as Vanessa.

The game is paper thin for any number of reasons.

1. Clones first and foremost

2. Half the stats being half baked with little high end strength or weakness

3. Perks, although the perks are limited in usefulness and the ones that are useful make the game lopsided

That's just counselor side. Especially with the scrapped special abilities concept.

Jason side suffers the same. Maybe worse so with half the strengths/weaknesses not even working/finished. Basically limiting the game to who can use 'tech' better than the other and that comes with its own headaches. Shamed/Praised if you use it, shamed/praised if you don't.

When more than half the lobbies revolve around Nessa/Tiff/Chad/Part 3/Roy/Part 8. It speaks for itself.

On 7/18/2020 at 5:00 PM, GeneiJin said:

I think it's worth mentioning that tier ranking are different when considering solo Quick Play to an Coordinated Lobby.  Chad's stamina weakness is largely mitigated with efficient backup, which enhances his strong points, which is his luck and speed.  Deb and Eric become Jasons worst nightmare since it very difficult to prevent them from completing repairs even if Jason is there since any stun he takes equals to repaired part.  While certain counselors like Buggzy or Tiff really shine in coordinated play, they struggle without reliable teammates providing easier escape options for them.  Vanessa is strong regardless if she is solo or contributing in a squad, among the reason why she is be best overall counselor since her stats cover most situations better than any other.

I agree that any counselor could be good with the proper support but unfortunately I and I believe others rarely encounter a good, well-coordinated team especially in the public lobbies.  I agree counselors like Chad and Eric could be great in a team environment but in my opinion they're lousy as lone wolf characters.  Because I believe you can't depend upon a good team to help you, I think it would be best to select a counselor who could function well as both a team player and a lone wolf like Fox or Adam. 

3 hours ago, odista2000 said:

Because I believe you can't depend upon a good team to help you

Lachappa has good stealth, if you know how to use it you'll be one of the last ones to be found by Jason. Explore it, and you'll be able to escape almost every match. Generally when I don't escape with Lachappa is because everyone died and I was one of the last ones standing. The only type of counselors that depends on other counselors are those with 1 repair, in my opinion.

3 hours ago, odista2000 said:

Fox or Adam. 

The problem with those two is that Jason sees what they are doing from miles. A good Jason will always morph to an objective if he sees a bunch of noise bubbles around it. These guys definitively have problems when they try to go lone wolf to fix objectives.

For me, it's quite the contrary of what you are saying. Adam and Fox are good at being aggressive fixers, that generally call attention and therefore need a couple of counselors stunning Jason while they fix stuff. Eric is good at going lone wolf and fixing objectives right under Jason's nose.

20 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Lachappa has good stealth, if you know how to use it you'll be one of the last ones to be found by Jason. Explore it, and you'll be able to escape almost every match. Generally when I don't escape with Lachappa is because everyone died and I was one of the last ones standing. The only type of counselors that depends on other counselors are those with 1 repair, in my opinion.

Like I said before, any counselor can be good in the hands of a skilled player but if you're interested in being stealthy, why not pick AJ over Eric?  In my opinion, she would be a much better selection than him. 

30 minutes ago, Carlso said:

The problem with those two is that Jason sees what they are doing from miles. A good Jason will always morph to an objective if he sees a bunch of noise bubbles around it. These guys definitively have problems when they try to go lone wolf to fix objectives.

My prior experiences seem to indicate otherwise.  Based upon the games I've played, most Jason players will usually trap the objectives first, knock out the electrical boxes, and then chase whatever counselor happens to be nearby.  The only time Jason has ever morphed to an objective that I'm fixing with Fox, Adam, or any counselor for that matter is if I fail a skill check.  I agree that perhaps a good Jason will morph to an objective where he/she sees a lot of noise rings, but I've never encountered one who played that way.  Based upon my experiences, most Jasons will only follow the noise rings if he/she can't sense anybody.

43 minutes ago, Carlso said:

For me, it's quite the contrary of what you are saying. Adam and Fox are good at being aggressive fixers, that generally call attention and therefore need a couple of counselors stunning Jason while they fix stuff. Eric is good at going lone wolf and fixing objectives right under Jason's nose.

I agree that Fox and Adam may not be ideal lone wolf counselors but they could certainly perform that role if necessary.  In fact, I have done so many times.  While I also agree that Eric could perform as a lone wolf counselor, I still think AJ would be the superior choice.  Please consider the following:  she has a ten in stealth whereas Eric has an eight, so she would emit fewer noise rings than him.  AJ has a seven in composure wheras Eric has a four, so she can manage her fear better and stay off of Jason's radar for much longer.  She also has a four in stamina as opposed to Eric's two.  This would allow her to run farther than Eric and gives her a better chance of escaping Jason.

In my opinion, the only real advantage Eric has over AJ is his repair score of ten as opposed to AJ's score of seven.  But I don't see this as a big deal.  Eric gets an average of two to three skill checks whereas AJ gets an average of three to five.  While this would allow Eric to fix an objective faster than AJ, we're talking a few seconds at most.  Therefore, I don't think Eric's repair score is a meaningful advantage.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, odista2000 said:

why not pick AJ over Eric?

Below 3 strength, you don't have enough time to step on the trap and use a medical spray, if Jason has a decent reaction time to Morph+Shift. And even if Jason don't have, AJ wouldn't have enough time to repair.

AJ cannot defend an objective on her own, because of the low weapon durability and because her stun doesn't give her enough time to repair. Eric, on the other hand, has fairly decent weapon durability, can hit Jason, and has enough time to repair an objective while saying "Fuck you!"

AJ can't repair any objectives if Jason is nearby, taking on the consideration that he has a throwing knives and there are no teammates around to help. Eric can.

To summarise: AJ is definitively better at being a lone wolf, but she doesn't have enough things on her kit that allows her to defend and repair an objective by herself. Eric can repair, defend, open traps, start the car, and all of that while Jason is around.

By no means, I am saying that Lachappa is overall better than AJ, or that AJ is better than Lachappa. As I said here:

On 7/18/2020 at 2:57 PM, Carlso said:

stats throughout all counselors are proportional, so it's just a matter of what stat you think is more important.

These are the reasons why I pick Eric over AJ (also because Eric is hilarious lol), but if I wanted to focus more on being a lone wolf rather than fixing objectives, I would pick AJ.

28 minutes ago, odista2000 said:

, but I've never encountered one who played that way

Curious. Every time I give Adam or Fox a try that happens lol.

Maybe it was because Jason was chasing somebody else, but usually, when I use them, Jason ends up finding me at some point with the battery/gas in hands and tunnels me to death.

20 hours ago, Carlso said:

AJ cannot defend an objective on her own, because of the low weapon durability and because her stun doesn't give her enough time to repair. Eric, on the other hand, has fairly decent weapon durability, can hit Jason, and has enough time to repair an objective while saying "Fuck you!"

AJ can't repair any objectives if Jason is nearby, taking on the consideration that he has a throwing knives and there are no teammates around to help. Eric can.

To summarise: AJ is definitively better at being a lone wolf, but she doesn't have enough things on her kit that allows her to defend and repair an objective by herself. Eric can repair, defend, open traps, start the car, and all of that while Jason is around.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree with some of the things you've posted.  Granted Eric may be better at escaping traps and stunning Jason, but AJ can certainly repair an objective by herself with Jason nearby.  I've done that several times.  In fact, I did that last night.

I agree with you that Eric's luck and strength are better than AJ's so he would make a better fighter than her.  However, I wouldn't play either counselor as a fighter unless I had to.  In my opinion, you would need either a high strength character like Adam or a high luck character like Victoria to effectively fight Jason. As an aside, you can stun Jason with AJ.  I've stunned Jason many times when I played her.

Here's proof to back up my statements.  Please check out this video of me playing AJ last night.  I put gas in the two-seater with Jason running toward me and then I knocked him down later with a bat: 

20 hours ago, Carlso said:

Curious. Every time I give Adam or Fox a try that happens lol.

Maybe it was because Jason was chasing somebody else, but usually, when I use them, Jason ends up finding me at some point with the battery/gas in hands and tunnels me to death.

Your original message sounded to me like you were saying that Jason will morph to an objective if he sees the noise rings near it.  To the best of my knowledge, I've never encountered a Jason who played that way.  In this post you seem to be indicating that if Jason sees you with the objective part like the battery or the gas, he will tunnel you.  Yes, if Jason actually "sees" me with an objective part like the battery or gas, he will chase me.  That has happened to me several times.

2 hours ago, odista2000 said:

I put the gas in the two-seater with Jason running right toward me

That jason was kind of silly for not interrupting you with a throwing knife... or maybe he didn't have one. Either way, she would be able to repair, never denied that. What I said was:

21 hours ago, Carlso said:

AJ can't repair any objectives if Jason is nearby, taking on the consideration that he has a throwing knives

and I prolong that a little bit more: taking on the consideration that he has throwing knives and knows how to use them properly, otherwise AJ can repair while Jason is around. However, if Jason has throwing knives and use them, he can interrupt her repair 99% of the time. I main Mitch and that's exactly what happens when he starts using his throwing knives, don't know why it would be different with AJ.

As AJ, I whacked Jason with a baseball bat and knocked him down

Yes, you can do that with every counselor. But on your second stun, the bat broke, and you had to get out of there to pick another weapon. If you were Lachappa, you would stun him the third time, and the people of the yellow car would've started the car.

sounded to me like you were saying that Jason will morph to an objective if he sees the noise rings near it.

That's what I am saying. Doesn't happen every single time, but it can ruin a match if it happens.

I prefer Eric over AJ. If I wanted to do what AJ does, I would pick mitch, which has greater composure and it allows him to deal better with Jason; and also he has enough time to step on the trap and you the spray. Those are the counselors that better fit my playstyle, but as I said before:

On 7/18/2020 at 2:57 PM, Carlso said:

it's just a matter of what stat you think is more important.

On 8/2/2020 at 10:27 AM, odista2000 said:

I must have misunderstood what you said.  My apologies for that.  Yes, I agree that Jason can interrupt AJ repairing an objective if he throws a knife at her.  But wouldn't that happen with Eric as well?  For that matter, wouldn't that be true of any counselor?

On 8/2/2020 at 10:27 AM, odista2000 said:

As AJ, I whacked Jason with a baseball bat and knocked him down

On 8/2/20 at 1:28 PM, Carlso said:

Yes, you can do that with every counselor. But on your second stun, the bat broke, and you had to get out of there to pick another weapon. If you were Lachappa, you would stun him the third time, and the people of the yellow car would've started the car.

Yes, I agree that Eric is a much better fighter than AJ.  In fact, she's probably the worst fighter in the game which is why I don't think it's a good idea for her to go toe to toe with Jason unless she has to.  I must have misunderstood your original post.  My apologies for that.  I was under the impression that you thought AJ couldn't stun Jason and I was showing that she can.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:28 PM, Carlso said:

I prefer Eric over AJ. If I wanted to do what AJ does, I would pick mitch, which has greater composure and it allows him to deal better with Jason; and also he has enough time to step on the trap and you the spray. Those are the counselors that better fit my playstyle, but as I said before:

On 7/18/2020 at 1:57 PM, Carlso said:

it's just a matter of what stat you think is more important.

I agree with your statement:  "it's just a matter of what stat you think is more important."  As I said before, any counselor can be good in the hands of a skilled player.  If you prefer Eric over AJ and have had good success playing him, then by all means, continue to play him.  The tier list and all comments on the counselors are my opinions only and I know others may not agree with them.

On 7/18/2020 at 1:57 PM, Carlso said:

The Mechanics: Mitch -my main-

(Counselor with fewest taps when breaking free from grab. He can decently fix, decently juke cuz of the high stam regen, and has the stealth. Best counselor in my opinion.)

As an aside, you say Mitch is your main and the best counselor in your opinion.  In my list, I rated Mitch much higher than Eric.  So can I safely assume that you and I would agree that Mitch would be a much better choice than Eric?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, odista2000 said:

So can I safely assume that you and I would agree that Mitch would be a much better choice than Eric?

Depends on what you want to do, but for me yes, since composure is a god tier stat in my opinion. But there are some people that believe Mitch is one of the worst counselors and there's no reason to pick him over Eric or Deb, if you are aiming to be stealthy fix stuff.

The only time I really regret picking Mitch over Eric is when I need to start the car.

51 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Depends on what you want to do, but for me yes, since composure is a god tier stat in my opinion. But there are some people that believe Mitch is one of the worst counselors and there's no reason to pick him over Eric or Deb, if you are aiming to be stealthy fix stuff.

The only time I really regret picking Mitch over Eric is when I need to start the car.

Even though I prefer Lachappa, I do rate Mitch slightly above him or Deborah. They're what I like to call 10 minute characters,  because usually if you haven't gotten one of the cars or the phone repaired before Jason goes into rage, and there isn't anybody else alive to take away his attention, your essentially fucked. Your stealth is pretty much useless by that point, and unless you're just really good with them, Chopps and Deb aren't going to survive long one-on-one with a good sometimes even average Jason. Mitch with his medicinally induced composure can hold his own a bit better than the other repair based characters.