Could you please rename this weapon?..it's really a Double-Bit Axe...You could call it Bitted Axe, Two-Bit Axe, Felling Axe, or even Heavy Axe if you wanted to go to something shorter. Battle Axes are an entirely different thing and to me and possibly others know the difference.

• Confused 1

Oh while were at it, could you name the "Spear" into Cast Iron Spike, Wrought Spear, Iron Fence Post or even Iron Spear Post. Both this name and Battle axe sounds too medieval to me.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, gamer4games said:

Oh while were at it, could you name the "Spear" into Cast Iron Spike, Wrought Spear, Iron Fence Post or even Iron Spear Post. Both this name and Battle axe sounds too medieval to me.

200.gif

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

why the douche reply though?...it isn't a real spear, it's a cast iron fence post shaped like one. A true spear is designed for battle, this was ripped off a wrought gate. Nothing to be confused over. it's simple...wood axe, fire axe, machete, pig splitter all make 100% sense name-wise.....Also the axe is NOT a battle axe plain and simple, it isn't a medieval re-creation and Jason doesn't have access to that at a camp ground..a "bit" is the blade of an axe head and the "poll" is the butt end of the axe head. Axes with two blades used for felling trees are double-bit axes..5 seconds on wikipedia will reveal this.

• Confused 1

The game has been out for three years now. Since it’s inception, the weapons have been named what they’re named. You want them changed in the game now just because you don’t like the names? Call them what you want, but they aren’t going to go into the files to change weapon names just because someone doesn’t like what they called them three years ago. 

• Haha 1

Sounds like someone has been watching too much Forged in Fire.

Doesnt matter what you call it so long as "it will keel".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gamer4games said:

why the douche reply though?...it isn't a real spear, it's a cast iron fence post shaped like one. A true spear is designed for battle, this was ripped off a wrought gate. Nothing to be confused over. it's simple...wood axe, fire axe, machete, pig splitter all make 100% sense name-wise.....Also the axe is NOT a battle axe plain and simple, it isn't a medieval re-creation and Jason doesn't have access to that at a camp ground..a "bit" is the blade of an axe head and the "poll" is the butt end of the axe head. Axes with two blades used for felling trees are double-bit axes..5 seconds on wikipedia will reveal this.

Call it what ever you want..   Who gives a fuck.,

• Haha 1

It'd be a simple fix..all I want is for the weapons to officially be called what they are, it's even basic, fundamental terminology maybe I can let the official moniker of "spear" fly...but "Battle" axe come on? how many medieval battlefields has Jason fought in?.it's so removed from the settings camping terms...obviously you dumbasses don't care, but my comment was to the devs so I rightly don't care what YOU fucking think...

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

LOL!! good one!...my love of melee weapons stems back wayyyy farther then that...but this all camping/outdoorsman/wood cutting/landscaping/gardening terminology

On 7/16/2020 at 1:55 PM, gamer4games said:

Could you please rename this weapon?..it's really a Double-Bit Axe...You could call it Bitted Axe, Two-Bit Axe, Felling Axe, or even Heavy Axe if you wanted to go to something shorter. Battle Axes are an entirely different thing and to me and possibly others know the difference.

No changing names would require to much work for this game. Well that and lawsuit bla bla bla yada yara yada.

1 hour ago, JED said:

No changing names would require to much work for this game. Well that and lawsuit bla bla bla yada yara yada.

Are you a member of the development team?...Not to be a @sshat but I fail to see how a general term for a generic, non-Friday The 13th non-trademarked weapon, that exists in our world under many names (Shears, Wood Axe, Fire Axe, Spear, etc. exists beyond this franchise) is going to infringe on the lawsuit. 

7 hours ago, gamer4games said:

It'd be a simple fix..all I want is for the weapons to officially be called what they are, it's even basic, fundamental terminology maybe I can let the official moniker of "spear" fly...but "Battle" axe come on? how many medieval battlefields has Jason fought in?.it's so removed from the settings camping terms...obviously you dumbasses don't care, but my comment was to the devs so I rightly don't care what YOU fucking think...

If the development team were to consider making the name change, it would likely be a lower priority issue, perhaps in the game's final patch. Most of us would rather the bigger issues get fixed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

If the development team were to consider making the name change, it would likely be a lower priority issue, perhaps in the game's final patch. Most of us would rather the bigger issues get fixed.

Are you a dev by chance?...I can agree with that, that's a reasonable and understandable response. I too have other actual requests (which I've already expressed before, buried in this forum somewhere those which others have expressed) which are much higher on the list..I would have requested this name change much, much earlier when it was more pertinent but I was a late comer..I've since bought another copy for my son..it's a fun game. thanks

17 hours ago, gamer4games said:

Are you a member of the development team?...Not to be a @sshat but I fail to see how a general term for a generic, non-Friday The 13th non-trademarked weapon, that exists in our world under many names (Shears, Wood Axe, Fire Axe, Spear, etc. exists beyond this franchise) is going to infringe on the lawsuit. 

Hehe a development team actually works on a game to make it better...we dont have that here. Since the lawsuit that is all they have to say when people make any requests like the simple little one you made here. I'm not against what you said I just assume the answer/excuse you would get is it cant be done because of the lawsuit.

1 hour ago, guitar.zombie said:

It's threads like this that remind me why I stopped coming here. Utter nonsense.

care to elaborate?

On 7/17/2020 at 12:15 PM, Laotian Lam said:

This right here soloed the thread. 

On 7/22/2020 at 3:06 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Boy somebodys anal...

I'd love to talk...but I have to go use the "battle" axe I bought at the hardware store, to "battle" a tree in my backyard...I saw a Fire Axe and a Wood Axe at the store, but the "battle" axe just seemed perfect for Felling the trees🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gamer4games said:

I'd love to talk...but I have to go use the "battle" axe I bought at the hardware store, to "battle" a tree in my backyard...I saw a Fire Axe and a Wood Axe at the store, but the "battle" axe just seemed perfect for Felling the trees🙄

Oof

If you're not using your battle chainsaw, you're doing it wrong. I've never personally seen a fire axe at a store. Definitely buy one if I ever did though. And I wouldn't use it to fight fires, so technically it'd just be an axe.

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Oof

If you're not using your battle chainsaw, you're doing it wrong. I've never personally seen a fire axe at a store. Definitely buy one if I ever did though. And I wouldn't use it to fight fires, so technically it'd just be an axe.

Nah..I like my "battle" double-bit axe..builds arm strength.

As to the Fire Axe, here's the wiki definition:

Firefighter's axe, fire axe, or pick head axe: It has a pick-shaped pointed poll (area of the head opposite the cutting edge). It is often decorated in vivid colours to make it easily visible during an emergency. Its primary use is for breaking down doors and windows.

It's used during a fire emergency in most cases.. -shrugs-

you can buy them in stores but they aren't as plentiful as wood axes or splitting mauls...

here's an example:

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/yardworks-fireman-axe-0575122p.html

but anyways..

7 hours ago, gamer4games said:

Firefighter's axe, fire axe, or pick head axe: It has a pick-shaped pointed poll (area of the head opposite the cutting edge). It is often decorated in vivid colours to make it easily visible during an emergency. Its primary use is for breaking down doors and windows.

Thanks for the definition of a fire axe. I had no idea what they look like or what they're used for. Clears up a lot. 🤦‍♀️

Technically speaking any axe used in battle could be called a battle axe. So there's that. Not sure the name of the axe is a deal breaker though. You're the only person I've seen that's had a problem with it. But you keep on fighting the good fight my friend, and maybe you'll go down in history as the guy that single handedly got the name changed from battle axe to the double bit axe. Make part 9 Jason proud...

• Haha 1

Dude, seriously, it could be called double tip axe, fire axe, non-battle axe or even sword and I wouldn't care. The name is not that important.

• Haha 1