Alien_Number_Six

Any hope for something new based on Friday's gameplay?

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

The Akkad Brothers Malek and Tarik both own the rights to the Halloween franchise.

See, for me, grabbing up licenses is bad news. Licenses aren’t cheap, and they come with restrictions. I’m actually surprised they were able to get away with everything they did in F13 (like changing the mythos and making stuff up). 

The gameplay here is in place yes, but Halloween didn’t really become a hack n’ slash franchise until later. That franchise is more about suspense, story and character development. F13’s gameplay would be fun, and Gun knows how to get the fan service right, but can you just replace the killer and locations and call it a new game? I don’t know. 

In addition, would they be able to make  whatever new content they wanted? With their own IP, they can throw the rules out the window and do what they want, release whatever they want, and no one can do anything about it.

To me, the only good thing about getting a Halloween license is that they wouldn’t be able to put Myers on a spaceship. Oh GAWD, I hope I didn’t give anyone ideas...

I think that they better do something or they aren't going to have a business soon. And @Strigoi and we have all found out business can't wait for Covid. If Gun wants to survive they have to make a move or their dead. So are they going to jump out the window or are they going to get grab killed is the question. 

On 9/9/2020 at 12:59 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gun has nothing in the oven. I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of business soon. No news about hiring anyone for a new game. No announcements on new projects. No kickstarter announcements. Nothing substantial at all. When a company is a video game publisher to succeed they must publish. It's that simple. If they aren't publishing games what are they doing?

News about who we hire for a game would have to come once we announce said game, correct? I'm figuring with your extensive knowledge and understanding of how game studios function, you'd realize that much. When, in the history of ever, have you heard a studio announce who they're working with BEFORE announcing the title they're working on?

On 9/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, Fair Play said:

Good question.

Perhaps they are conceptualizing their next project, or trying to find the right company to do business with.

The voice of reason rings true as always.

18 hours ago, BugginOut said:

That's damage control. They told you and others they're not ready to share because it's quite obvious they clearly don't have anything. Or, they did at one point but then scrapped it because they realized they backed themselves into corner if they decided to repeat the controversial history again with F13. Think about it, it's been 3 years. Don't you think we would've heard something by now?

Those taglines they feed you about Gun staying is all part of their manipulation tactics. They're playing you like a fiddle. They've been doing this to their F13 community for years. They'll butter you up for a bit and abandon you when they feel like they're done. The fact that one of their staff kept warning you to stop talking about future projects should've told you something. These guys only care about their fans during a time when it suits them. 

They can throw around "Gun is not going anywhere anytime soon" as much they want, but the only fact we know is they're not doing "anything" right now. Gun Media is a shell of its former self.

2ajtsw.gif

What exactly are we buttering someone up for if, as you say, we aren't making any games. Your own statements contradict each other. 

As for the "only fact you know right know" is we supposedly aren't doing anything. How does that logic work? Because we haven't announced something?

Layers of Fear 2 was only a year ago. We're not a Triple A studio that cranks out a title a year. But that hardly means we aren't doing anything.

And as for me telling Strigoi to stop bringing up future projects, it's simply because we aren't ready to announce anything yet and those posts cause turmoil within the community.

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@Alien_Number_Six, Fyre Festival was quite a disaster. The gentleman got what he deserved, though it should have been more.

While Gun may or may not have something on the horizon, they did publish Layers of Fear 2 in the time F13 has been a thing.

I agree things aren't looking good right now. The recent hackIng incident didn't help one bit.

Once again, thank you for being a voice of reason.

9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I think that they better do something or they aren't going to have a business soon. And @Strigoi and we have all found out business can't wait for Covid. If Gun wants to survive they have to make a move or their dead. So are they going to jump out the window or are they going to get grab killed is the question. 

LOL. Again, this confidence despite no actual clue what may or may not be happening is ridiculous.

This thread has become nothing more than speculation from supposed armchair experts on a topic that there is clearly very little understanding of. Games take years to create. They take even longer at small studios. The reason you see some places crank out a game every year or every two years is because they have multiple studios working in a cycle that allows releases to still take years, but be staggered in ways that keep their launches up. Gun does not, and probably never will, function in that way. We keep a lean team, and that's by design.

As for other speculative doom and gloom like we haven't announced a Kickstarter, have any of you stopped to think that maybe development of the next Gun project will look almost nothing like the development of Friday the 13th: The Game? No Kickstarter? No advanced (too early, really) announcement?

So instead of whipping out a crystal ball and pretending as if we know something, let's all take a breath, and think rationally.

PS. This, right here? This entire hypothetical conversation filled with assumptions and speculations, this is why we ask to stop creating these posts. When Gun is ready to announce what's next, we will. That doesn't mean we don't care about our community. It simply means it isn't ready to discuss yet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

News about who we hire for a game would have to come once we announce said game, correct? I'm figuring with your extensive knowledge and understanding of how game studios function, you'd realize that much. When, in the history of ever, have you heard a studio announce who they're working with BEFORE announcing the title they're working on?

The voice of reason rings true as always.

What exactly are we buttering someone up for if, as you say, we aren't making any games. Your own statements contradict each other. 

As for the "only fact you know right know" is we supposedly aren't doing anything. How does that logic work? Because we haven't announced something?

Layers of Fear 2 was only a year ago. We're not a Triple A studio that cranks out a title a year. But that hardly means we aren't doing anything.

And as for me telling Strigoi to stop bringing up future projects, it's simply because we aren't ready to announce anything yet and those posts cause turmoil within the community.

Once again, thank you for being a voice of reason.

LOL. Again, this confidence despite no actual clue what may or may not be happening is ridiculous.

This thread has become nothing more than speculation from supposed armchair experts on a topic that there is clearly very little understanding of. Games take years to create. They take even longer at small studios. The reason you see some places crank out a game every year or every two years is because they have multiple studios working in a cycle that allows releases to still take years, but be staggered in ways that keep their launches up. Gun does not, and probably never will, function in that way. We keep a lean team, and that's by design.

As for other speculative doom and gloom like we haven't announced a Kickstarter, have any of you stopped to think that maybe development of the next Gun project will look almost nothing like the development of Friday the 13th: The Game? No Kickstarter? No advanced (too early, really) announcement?

So instead of whipping out a crystal ball and pretending as if we know something, let's all take a breath, and think rationally.

PS. This, right here? This entire hypothetical conversation filled with assumptions and speculations, this is why we ask to stop creating these posts. When Gun is ready to announce what's next, we will. That doesn't mean we don't care about our community. It simply means it isn't ready to discuss yet.

Show us. I'm calling your bluff.

11 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it. 

I don’t think any developer or publisher will reveal what they’re working on because a forum member somewhere demands it.

Most have plans ahead of time of when they reveal something. The presentation is a part of the art, and most want to do it when the time is right. You don’t just want to throw stuff out there before it’s ready. You want to present it in a way that’ll generate excitement for fans. 

• Like 4

Well that explains what is happening.

There is no Kickstarter or crowd funding campaign needed.

The reason us fans are hearing nothing is because games that are being worked on take years and years to complete.

I Just wish that fans from The Gun media forums could make requests and share ideas of what they would love to see in Gun Medias next game.

I Just wish there was DELUXE packages with limited edition dlc and collectors items available for Gun Medias next game.Now that Crowd funding will not be used.

What about Mods and Extra creation add on store to the next horror game.

If this next game is a 3 to 4 year project then in 2 years maybe Gun media will reach out to the fans and reveal there next big horror franchise game and ask fans on The Gun Media forums what they want to see in the game.

11 minutes ago, JackTV said:

I don’t think any developer or publisher will reveal what they’re working on because a forum member somewhere demands it.

Most have plans ahead of time of when they reveal something. The presentation is a part of the art, and most want to do it when the time is right. You don’t just want to throw stuff out there before it’s ready. You want to present it in a way that’ll generate excitement for fans. 

Yes but at some point before the next game is finished i hope the Gun media will reach out to the fans and ask them what they want.

Deluxe collectors game packages.

Full campaign story mode game levels and unlockables.

Open the game to Mod creators and extra creation purchases.

13 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Got a response out of them didn't it. And let tell you something else. Hiring people before you announce a project is fairly normal for the industry. For example shortly after Jedi: Fallen Order was released Respawn Entertainment put out the call for developers with experience in action and adventure games. Speculation was heavy about Respawn's next title being a sequel to Fallen Order. A month later it was confirmed. But we will see. Like I said If I am wrong I will admit it. It truth I want Gun to make me eat all my words and be successful and give us something fun and well polished. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Got a response out of them didn't it. And let tell you something else. Hiring people before you announce a project is fairly normal for the industry. For example shortly after Jedi: Fallen Order was released Respawn Entertainment put out the call for developers with experience in action and adventure games. Speculation was heavy about Respawn's next title being a sequel to Fallen Order. A month later it was confirmed. But we will see. Like I said If I am wrong I will admit it. It truth I want Gun to make me eat all my words and be successful and give us something fun and well polished. 

I Just wonder if The Black Tower design team can be the best design choice for Gun Medias next video game.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Just wonder if The Black Tower design team can be the best design choice for Gun Medias next video game.

I don’t think Black Tower is necessarily their choice for an upcoming game because of the work they’ve done on F13. Black Tower was said to be smaller than Illfonic, and Illfonic isn’t a large team at all. 

I’m as curious as you guys are, but I’m not down with the idea of ripping Gun to shreds every day for things I’m dissatisfied with, or accuse them of lying about everything. I’ve made peace with that already. Mistakes were made, and our only hope is that lessons were learned. I own F13 and all DLC for every platform now, so despite its flaws, there’s a reason I come back. It’s the first time I bought 4 copies of the same game. So something there was done right.

That’s why I’m not concerned about them trying to get licenses. I’d much rather them create their own IP, but I’d love for the gameplay to return. Since the lawsuit, I’ve always said that I thought they should revive the original Summer Camp idea. To me, it’s a gold mine. Just imagine a more polished, bug-free F13-style game, but with endless possibilities for content.  I don’t play F13 for Jason, so the license means nothing to me. 

I'd just like to point out that L4D2 is getting brand new content nearly 10 years later.

I know I know...license vs no license but still. The idea that all games lifespan is super quick (1-3 years) doesn't apply all the time. Also Valve worked with the community on this one as noted at the end.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JackTV said:

I don’t think Black Tower is necessarily their choice for an upcoming game because of the work they’ve done on F13. Black Tower was said to be smaller than Illfonic, and Illfonic isn’t a large team at all. 

I’m as curious as you guys are, but I’m not down with the idea of ripping Gun to shreds every day for things I’m dissatisfied with, or accuse them of lying about everything. I’ve made peace with that already. Mistakes were made, and our only hope is that lessons were learned. I own F13 and all DLC for every platform now, so despite its flaws, there’s a reason I come back. It’s the first time I bought 4 copies of the same game. So something there was done right.

That’s why I’m not concerned about them trying to get licenses. I’d much rather them create their own IP, but I’d love for the gameplay to return. Since the lawsuit, I’ve always said that I thought they should revive the original Summer Camp idea. To me, it’s a gold mine. Just imagine a more polished, bug-free F13-style game, but with endless possibilities for content.  I don’t play F13 for Jason, so the license means nothing to me. 

Maybe Black Tower is a great design team.

Ill have to check there web site.

Why would Gun Media use 2 different design teams while they are busy on the next game.

Does anyone know how large of a team Black Tower design team is.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Maybe Black Tower is a great design team.

Ill have to check there web site.

Why would Gun Media use 2 different design teams while they are busy on the next game.

Does anyone know how large of a team Black Tower design team is.

They didn’t use two design teams really. Illfonic made the game. But they moved on to make Predator. Black Tower just took over for Illfonic to provide maintenance to F13. Nothing more.

9 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

I would buy another licensed game or even an original idea if it had multiplayer similar to this game.

The concept behind this game could lead to a lot of new similar games.

Original games would be a better choice, as there would be less chance of a legal issue down the road.

@tyrant666, it's great to hear that L4D2 is still getting new content after all this time.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, mattshotcha said:

This thread has become nothing more than speculation from supposed armchair experts on a topic that there is clearly very little understanding of.

Isn’t speculation & debate part & parcel of an online forum? 

Theres always a very defensive comeback about anything said about Gun Media On here. People are just passionate about this game & are disappointed it’s ending soon & just want something similar when this game dies. It isn't a personal attack against Gun Media. 

On 9/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, mattshotcha said:

This, right here? This entire hypothetical conversation filled with assumptions and speculations, this is why we ask to stop creating these posts.

No speculation, assumptions or debate in a gaming forum. Posting videos showing yourself cheating in quick play and talking about it is fine 👍 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

Theres always a very defensive comeback about anything said about Gun Media On here. People are just passionate about this game & are disappointed it’s ending soon & just want something similar when this game dies. It isn't a personal attack against Gun Media. 

No speculation, assumptions or debate in a gaming forum. Posting videos showing yourself cheating in quick play and talking about it is fine 👍 

Ive Checked out Black Tower game design teams website and it looks cool and Gothic.

I Think Black Tower is an Asian company that specializes in occult or gothic themed games.

Anyways im happy to see Wes Keltner tweet recently that he wants to sell Gun media gamer clothing and that there is a game that Gun media has been kicking around and working on.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:05 AM, Strigoi said:

Well that explains what is happening.

There is no Kickstarter or crowd funding campaign needed.

The reason us fans are hearing nothing is because games that are being worked on take years and years to complete.

I Just wish that fans from The Gun media forums could make requests and share ideas of what they would love to see in Gun Medias next game.

I Just wish there was DELUXE packages with limited edition dlc and collectors items available for Gun Medias next game.Now that Crowd funding will not be used.

What about Mods and Extra creation add on store to the next horror game.

If this next game is a 3 to 4 year project then in 2 years maybe Gun media will reach out to the fans and reveal there next big horror franchise game and ask fans on The Gun Media forums what they want to see in the game.

We would love to hear what you want to see in a game. But you don't need us to rush an announcement to share that info. C'mon, Strigoi, you're trying to make impatience sound like it has a solid reasoning. You can share what you want, and you can even speculate, as someone has mentioned later. But pushing us to announce something and then throwing a fit that we won't announce it yet, then moving on to "They must not be making anything, they're going out of business" nonsense is bordering on a tantrum.

On 9/12/2020 at 12:18 AM, Alien_Number_Six said:

This "got a response" is childish. A development studio putting out a call to hire developers isn't uncommon, you're right. Gun isn't a development studio, so we aren't hiring developers in that same sense. 

On 9/13/2020 at 4:14 AM, Top_Cat said:

Misinformation isn't. And shouldn't be.

The main reason I commented here is because people want to try and push a fabricated tale that Gun doesn't care about the players cause we have been quiet on the next thing or Gun is going out of business because there's no new Kickstarter. Speculation? Good with me. Wishlists? Good with me. Trying to convince the community of doom and gloom because you want it now right now instead of letting the dev cycle take it's course? Not ok with me. Not ok here on the forums. 

And no, we certainly aren't going to announce the next thing because @Alien_Number_Six double dog dared us. That's just plain goofy. Oh and PS. @Strigoi's tag is what got a response. 

We've been clear that we're working on things. We never lied or hid that. That's exactly what we mean when we say we aren't going anywhere any time soon and we're sticking with horror games. But that's all the news we're going to share right now.

We don't need to spill the beans for you all to offer feedback on what you want to see. Hell, the entirety of the life of F13 The Game has been feedback and learning, and that's all a part of everything Gun does moving forward. But there's a massive gap between speculation by fans and spreading intentionally dismal misinformation for the sake of dragging the community down.

If I could pick a Horror Franchise that I would like to see made into a game similar to this it would be ALIENS.

Id love nothing more than to chase down Space Marines and sink my jaws-inside-my-jaws into their heads. :)

in my head the game would start with no Aliens and every 5 minutes or so someone would have a xenomorph pop out of their stomach and they would become one of the killers.  

it would kind of be like a cross between F13 game and that old Playstation game based on the movie The Thing.

A game like that would be "Game Over, man. GAME OVER"

• Like 1

If Gun Media is going with Black Tower as the development team of their new project then they won't have to hire anyone else. But Black Tower hasn't been hiring anyone new either. And they would need to if they had a large new project they would have to build from the ground up. 

If Gun wants to put out something meaningful it has to at least be announced soon or they are going to be in deep financial trouble. Those dedicated servers aren't paying for themselves after all and I am sure three years later the money gained from Friday the 13th: The Game's success isn't a bottomless well of cash. 

There is a lot that can inprove in the next game if there is one. Better coding. A clear report function. A separate quo for the killer. Quality playtesting has much improved. The last patch didn't resurrect the Packanack Roof glitch. I would love to see a change in Gun Media's attitude in regards to exploiting players who play the game to harrass other players with glitches. That is the main thing that turns off new players. Watching people glitch their way to victory is flustrating. Especially when you contact people to see if they can be reported only to end up being informed that it's not a bannable offense. 

I don't know. At the end of the day we will just have to see if Gun Media and Black Tower will grow and put something good out there. Time will tell. But the fans of Friday the 13th: The Game could use some good news. At this point trying to fix all the broken code amounts to a game of wack a mole. It would be nice to have something to look forward to besides bug fixes on a three year old game. Wouldn't it?