Alien_Number_Six

Any hope for something new based on Friday's gameplay?

On 7/16/2020 at 8:58 AM, mattshotcha said:

Gun is sticking with Horror Games. While I cannot share more at this time, I can say we intend to continue making Horror Games by Horror Fans for Horror Fans.

I Keep hearing Gun Media employees say that GUN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON.

They are right Gun has not gone and done anything with a Big Horror franchise in years.so Gun has not gone anywhere.

I Keep hearing that Gun Media is not ready to share what they are working on next if anything at all.

Us fans are Anticipating something BIG Because Wes Keltner Tweeted that he is hanging with Jason Blum or the Blumhouse movie company guys.

This Leaves us fans Hoping that Maybe Wes Keltner has Met and made friends with people who own the rights to the Halloween Franchise Like The Akkad Family and John Carpenter.

I Think Wes Keltner tweeted a couple years ago that people dont respect video games business.

I Think Wes Keltner Tweeted that people must think that video games are for people that live in their parents basement.

I Think Gun Media SHOCKED Everyone when they showed that Horror icons from the 80s still sell video games.

When Gun media went global and sold an 80s slasher video game that started as a small crowd funding Kickstarter project it proved that there is a HUGE MARKET For Horror Video games and Horror fans.

When Friday the 13th The Game became more than just a crowd funded kickstarter and backer kit game and the game went global and into Walmart and Game stop thats when the Backer kit funding Goals list should have been automatically added as fans helped Gun Media gain notoriety and take the game global into other countries.

The Fans Helped Gun Media to Obtain their fame and Notoriety.

The Fans Helped Gun Media sell billions of copies of Friday the 13th the game.

MAPS AND CHARACTERS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDED.

1. Pamela Voorhees as a playable character

2.Camp Forest Green and Sheriffs Station.

3.Shepherds House map with party house and barn.

4.Manhattan Map with Mini Boat and large Lazarus ship.

5.Grendel Map.

I KNOW THE LAWSUIT STOPPED ALL OF THIS.

But us fans still deserve more for Brining Friday the 13th Globally and putting Wes Keltner and company on the map as king of Horror video games.

• Confused 2

15 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@CaptainMiracle, it has been said by this point probably a million times, that even after the lawsuit is settled, there wont be any more content added to this game. Jason X was about 90% done, and he wont even make it into the game (legally). Had the lawsuit been settled back in 2018, even after Wes said there would be no more content added, I honestly think the rights holders could have got Gun to start back up with production. Since this lawsuit has continued on this long and realistically looks like there's no end in sight, this game is on it's final lap. Enjoy it while the servers are still up and hopefully Gun can get most of the bugs worked out before the switch is thrown.

thanks for the info. Like I said, I am new to the game and am just learning about all of this for the first time.

• Like 1

@Strigoi, a few things about your post:

1. The game sold millions of copies, not billions.

2. Don't speak for the entire fanbase. Some fans may speculate about the future plans of the company, while other fans may wait patiently wait for news, or not be concerned about such things.

3. While this game did very well at launch, there were many horror games before this one that proved there was a market for horror. I will say that this game started a new chapter. Many people have shown interest in seeing games based on other slasher films. One day, someone will make it happen. That is my prediction, and I hope the next slasher game continues to raise the bar in standards.

4. What exactly does Gun "owe the fans"?

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

@Strigoi, a few things about your post:

1. The game sold millions of copies, not billions.

2. Don't speak for the entire fanbase. Some fans may speculate about the future plans of the company, while other fans may wait patiently wait for news, or not be concerned about such things.

3. While this game did very well at launch, there were many horror games before this one that proved there was a market for horror. I will say that this game started a new chapter. Many people have shown interest in seeing games based on other slasher films. One day, someone will make it happen. That is my prediction, and I hope the next slasher game continues to raise the bar in standards.

4. What exactly does Gun "owe the fans"?

My point is.

Fans in the Kickstarter and Backer kit helped Gun Media go National and then Global sales in other countries with Friday the 13th the game.

THE ORIGINAL BACKER KIT STRETCH GOALS LIST Was Beyond met and Goals reached when Gun Media reached Walmart,Gamestop,National sales and then India,Japan,China etc Global sales.

We Met ALL THE BACKER KIT STRETCH GOALS WHEN GUNMEDIA NO LONGER NEEDED THE KICKSTARTER OR BACKER KIT TO SELL FRIDAY THE 13TH THE GAME.

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

You are dodging the question @Strigoi.

What do you feel that Gun laws the player base?

Well because the fans raised the 2 million or 3 million that Gun media needed to go further with Friday the 13th the game.

On 7/24/2020 at 4:05 AM, Fair Play said:

Meh, true and false at the same time.  

Most horror IPs over the years, going back to the 1980s, are steaming piles of shit.  Us older crowd should know that because we should have experienced.  Look at Halloween, F13 and NOES on the NES.  And then look how long it took for a decent horror game that got somewhat of a following to come out after the NES days.  Alien Isolation.  I seriously cannot remember a horror based game that had large scale success between the steaming piles of garbage on NES til Alien Isolation. 

And not every horror game that gets released now has success, look at Last Year.  It was supposed to make consoles in 2019.  It didn't.  It's barely supported on PC now.  There is no news for the game of any kind.  And it's usually always on sale for around 5 bucks.  Or look at Predator Hunting Grounds.  Dwindling fan base, buggy mess, underpowered killer.

Us fans have interest in these type of games though, but then we buy them, and in most cases they get put down to never be played again because of issues. 

@wes and @mattshotcha We have been waiting a long time to hear what Gun media may be doing next.

Could us fans have a hint of the next horror game Gun media may be working on.

I Know you have said that you would like to get Kirk Hammett to work on the next video game soundtrack.

can you post a strange photo of the game gun media may be working on next and let us guess what it may or may not be.

There is alot of hope and speculation for Halloween knowing that you are friends with Jason Blum or employees of Blumhouse.

Could their possibly be an exciting hint or clue announcement this October of Gun Medias next Big Horror Franchise game.

The game had a lot of potential and there was interest early on. More than they thought as the reasoning for the launch meltdowns.

That said, I think the bigger issue is less popularity and more the license. I could see a lot of companies steering clear of the franchise due to the license down the line in terms of games.

Then again, you look at a game from the 90s called 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' that effectively had icons from all the eras mixed into one big shooter. Werewolves, Dracula, Chucky type doll, Jason/Leatherface hybrid, Zombies, Mummies, Martians, etc. Basically all that means is something could be made down the line that's basically this game with a copyright paintjob to secure the future of such a game.

8 hours ago, SirMang said:

Meh, true and false at the same time.  

Most horror IPs over the years, going back to the 1980s, are steaming piles of shit.  Us older crowd should know that because we should have experienced.  Look at Halloween, F13 and NOES on the NES.  And then look how long it took for a decent horror game that got somewhat of a following to come out after the NES days.  Alien Isolation.  I seriously cannot remember a horror based game that had large scale success between the steaming piles of garbage on NES til Alien Isolation. 

And not every horror game that gets released now has success, look at Last Year.  It was supposed to make consoles in 2019.  It didn't.  It's barely supported on PC now.  There is no news for the game of any kind.  And it's usually always on sale for around 5 bucks.  Or look at Predator Hunting Grounds.  Dwindling fan base, buggy mess, underpowered killer.

Us fans have interest in these type of games though, but then we buy them, and in most cases they get put down to never be played again because of issues. 

What's considered "crap" is subjective. I know as many people that enjoyed/still enjoy those games as those who despise them.

Many feel that the games of yesterday are less appealing than the games of today. I have a few friends that still enjoy playing Quake II, despite so many newer games on the market. The same logic holds true in many areas of technology. Ask a person if they would rather indulge in an Apple MacBook or an Apple II GS. If old school is near and dear to their heart, at least one will say the Apple II GS.

As for games and their success, I agree that not every game is a big hit. Design flaws, lack of sufficient quality control, a poor marketing campaign, or even bad timing can sink a game. Even if a game bombs, it still may inspire future games to be made. At the end of the day, just about every game in existence has something that could use improvement. That can be the catalyst for the next chapter in game development.

2 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

There's a new Evil Dead game coming to next-gen. Don't know who the devs of it are yet though. 

That is welcome news.

@tyrant666, ZAMN is a personal favorite of mine.

• Like 4

On 7/16/2020 at 11:58 AM, mattshotcha said:

Gun is sticking with Horror Games. While I cannot share more at this time, I can say we intend to continue making Horror Games by Horror Fans for Horror Fans.

I sincerely hope you take this idea forward with your original Summer Camp idea. Does this gameplay really need a license? I understand some bought it for Jason alone, but the concept itself — using your own IP — is a gold mine. I’ve played them all: DBD, Hide Or Die, Soul at Stake... and I recently got hands-on time with Monstrum 2, and none of them come close. 

• Like 1

On 03.09.2020 at 03:57, Strigoi said:

Gun medyasının Modlara izin vermesini ve bir sonraki oyunlarına eklemeleri umuyorum.

I think it would be great to have a mod in the game. Because I always cut Jason. Chalenge mold I have 10 of them and I made them all. The arrival of mods makes the game better. I hope in the future Gun Media will do a study on this.

If Wes Keltner gets his hands on an official Halloween game franchise titled video game.

I Would hope Wes Keltner chooses a design company who can do anything.

Mods and extra add ons would be great.

An extra Black hooded Druid that follows far behind Michael Myers helping him kill enemies would be awesome.

The Psyche ward and Myers house should be detailed.

Gun has nothing in the oven. I wouldn't be surprised if they go out of business soon. No news about hiring anyone for a new game. No announcements on new projects. No kickstarter announcements. Nothing substantial at all. When a company is a video game publisher to succeed they must publish. It's that simple. If they aren't publishing games what are they doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2020 at 9:59 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

Gun has nothing in the oven. I wouldn't be surprised if the go out of business soon. No news about hiring anyone for a new game. No announcements on new projects. No kickstarter announcements. Nothing substantial at all. When a company is a video game publisher to succeed they must publish. It's that simple. If they aren't publishing games what are they doing?

It had to take them years just to bring F13 out of bad shape along with terrible communication. Of course they have nothing in the oven now. They never were going to. This the same company that couldn't even come up with a concept for paranoia despite continuing to tease and false advertise it for almost a year. Don't count on any license horror games from them either. Wes's past tweets makes that pretty self explanatory.

The company has had a bad reputation for awhile. It's likely most of these horror license representatives done their homework on the history and wants nothing to do with Gun. The last thing any IP holder would want to do now is put their franchise in the hands of a publisher willing to work with any cheap second-rate developer like illfonic and Black Tower.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

If they aren't publishing games what are they doing?

Good question.

Perhaps they are conceptualizing their next project, or trying to find the right company to do business with.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Good question.

Perhaps they are conceptualizing their next project, or trying to find the right company to do business with.

It has been three years going on four. That is more than enough to time to have conceptualize a project. No news of new hires. Just vague tweets by Wes Copeland.

At this point it's sink or swim. I don't see much swimming. Nor do I see anyone throwing them a life vest. Gun and Black Tower barely have the know how to keep Friday from being hacked. It doesn't look like they have the creative talent to put together something on their own. And even if they did the lax attitude they have had when it comes to exploiting and cheating would doom anything they put out anyway. 

To this day you can find ghosting Jason's, teleporting councilors and safe zones to harrass Jason players. They never got tough. They never did anything about it and the word is out about Gun. 

They don't have the know how or the spine to run a project like this and it shows. If I am wrong I will be the first to apologize and eat my words for breakfast. But so far it doesn't look promising at all. You can tell people you have something coming all day. But at some point you have to deliver. Go ask the developers of Star Citizen or the promoters of Fyre Festival what happens when you try to bullshit your way around real business. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BugginOut said:

It had to take them years just to bring F13 out of bad shape along with terrible communication. Of course they have nothing in the oven now. They never were going to. This is a company that couldn't even come up with a concept for paranoia despite continuing to tease and false advertise it for almost a year. Don't count on any horror IPs from them either. Wes's past tweets make's that pretty self explanatory.

The company has had a bad reputation for awhile. It's likely most of these horror license representatives done their homework on the history and wants nothing to do with Gun. The last thing the IP holder would want to do now is put their franchise in the hands of a publisher  willing to work with any cheap second-rate developer like illfonic and Black Tower.

Well we know that Gun media is working on something because Matt Shotcha and other Gun media employees have said they are not ready to share their next project yet.

Ive begged like a dog and broken record player for Wes Keltner and Gun Media guys to reveal what their next project is.

Ive been warned not to ask or make threads asking for projects from Gun media or i will be banned.

Gun media employees have a secret coded saying. GUN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON.

Gun is going to continue to make Horror games for Horror fans.

There is alot of tweeted evidence that Wes Keltner is at least friends  with people who know The Akkad Brothers Malek and Taric.

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Well we know that Gun media is working on something because Matt Shotcha and other Gun media employees have said they are not ready to share their next project yet.

Ive begged like a dog and broken record player for Wes Keltner and Gun Media guys to reveal what their next project is.

Ive been warned not to ask or make threads asking for projects from Gun media or i will be banned.

Gun media employees have a secret coded saying. GUN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON.

Gun is going to continue to make Horror games for Horror fans.

There is alot of tweeted evidence that Wes Keltner is at least friends  with people who know The Akkad Brothers Malek and Taric.

That's damage control. They told you and others they're not ready to share because it's quite obvious they clearly don't have anything. Or, they did at one point but then scrapped it because they realized they backed themselves into corner if they decided to repeat the controversial history again with F13. Think about it, it's been 3 years. Don't you think we would've heard something by now?

Those taglines they feed you about Gun staying is all part of their manipulation tactics. They're playing you like a fiddle. They've been doing this to their F13 community for years. They'll butter you up for a bit and abandon you when they feel like they're done. The fact that one of their staff kept warning you to stop talking about future projects should've told you something. These guys only care about their fans during a time when it suits them. 

They can throw around "Gun is not going anywhere anytime soon" as much they want, but the only fact we know is they're not doing "anything" right now. Gun Media is a shell of its former self.

There is alot of tweeted evidence that Wes Keltner is at least friends with people who know The Akkad Brothers Malek and Taric.

2ajtsw.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Malek Akkad and Tarik Akkad are the producers and controllers of The Halloween movies franchise. 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0015443/

Im sure that Wes Keltner and @mattshotcha have alot more planned when they are ready to share the next game.

Its hard being patient but we have to respect Gun medias wishes.

Whatever happens next from Gun media im sure we all will be happy and surprised.

Sadly it wont be this year or this Halloween and that is something we will just have to accept.

There is a Covid 19 virus that is slowing sales of video games and movies and it may be foolish for Gun media to make another big move in the middle of a panademic.

3 hours ago, BugginOut said:

That's damage control. They told you and others they're not ready to share because it's quite obvious they clearly don't have anything. Or, they did at one point but then scrapped it because they realized they backed themselves into corner if they decided to repeat the controversial history again with F13. Think about it, it's been 3 years. Don't you think we would've heard something by now?

Those taglines they feed you about Gun staying is all part of their manipulation tactics. They're playing you like a fiddle. They've been doing this to their F13 community for years. They'll butter you up for a bit and abandon you when they feel like they're done. The fact that one of their staff kept warning you to stop talking about future projects should've told you something. These guys only care about their fans during a time when it suits them. 

They can throw around "Gun is not going anywhere anytime soon" as much they want, but the only fact we know is they're not doing "anything" right now. Gun Media is a shell of its former self.

2ajtsw.gif

The Akkad Brothers Malek and Tarik both own the rights to the Halloween franchise.

@Alien_Number_Six, Fyre Festival was quite a disaster. The gentleman got what he deserved, though it should have been more.

While Gun may or may not have something on the horizon, they did publish Layers of Fear 2 in the time F13 has been a thing.

I agree things aren't looking good right now. The recent hackIng incident didn't help one bit.

• Like 2