Alien_Number_Six

Any hope for something new based on Friday's gameplay?

Well Gun Media it's been three years. Friday The 13th: The Game is still alive and well. But I have a question for you Gun Media. You working on anything else? Because a spiritual sequel to Friday could be possible. 

Many fans myself included came for the fan service and stayed for the gameplay. I would love to get my hands on something that plays similar but isn't bound to a license that is frozen solid. 

Start up funds are required to get a new game off the ground but you gentlemen have run a successful kickstarter before. I for one would open my wallet to kickstart a spiritual sequel to Friday. I would have kicked in money on the first one had I known about it. And besides it's not like you are producing anything else at this point. Unless you have something planned we don't know about. At this point revisiting the original idea to create a Friday style horror game may be in your best interest. 

@mattshotcha

• Like 3

Gun is sticking with Horror Games. While I cannot share more at this time, I can say we intend to continue making Horror Games by Horror Fans for Horror Fans.

• Like 9

I bet Robert Englund would get involved in  a Freddy game.He was legendary in his role and its a shame that in the last 20 years only the show Goldbergs bothred to do anything with him. Just like the Ghostbusters game age wont matter in a game as long as the voice is good enough, Robert is. Gun was brilliant with the counslors in this game and imagine a game where teens go about the real world collecting coffee or energy drinks (good tie in for commercial plug in a game) or whatever to stay awake and when you fall asleep your at Freddys mercy. Level up your player to be a strong man (Kincaid ish) wizard master whatever. Ninja. The Gun guys did a hell of a job with Friday which is why it has so strong staying power. Try to team up online to kill Freddy by collecting his bones and burying him. Team up and take Freddy back into the regular world for a chance to kill him or even weaken him kinda the same way you get a shot at Jason with moms sweater. Knock Freddy hat off in a dream take the hat into the real world for that shot to kill Freddy later. As a die hard life long horror fan (im 39) games like these were a dream 10 years ago but after Friday its a liveable dream.Gun did a great job and you can tell they are real FANS. Thanks for the effort. Please make new Friday content somehow some day. My 5 year old son is already a die hard like me and will be playing this game for years. He has some Neca figures, hes just like me as a kid. People gave my mom crap for letting me watch these movies as a kid and im very normal so you people who want to complain about my sons age bite me. He plays the game but other than a few bland scenes in the movies I WONT let him watch the movies for a few years. Way too gory, I mean im not that bad a father.He has a bday coming up in Sept and Is obssessed with Fire Jason (Saivini) so if anybody has a unused dlc code or a legal way for me to get Saivini Jason I will buy him at a reasonable price. Xbox1. No codes or programs im a by the book guy. He calls the Jason 2 guy with the pillowcase on his head Farmer Jason lol. thinks its the  coveralls.

14 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Something must have happened with the lawsuit. Because new licensed F13 merchandise is being pumped out. 

If you’re referring to the boxed disc set, Larry Zerner explained on his Twitter page how that was released inside the scope of the lawsuit. 

10 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

If you’re referring to the boxed disc set, Larry Zerner explained on his Twitter page how that was released inside the scope of the lawsuit. 

And the new officially licensed board game coming out next month. How is that possible??? Also, the excuse he gives for the box set makes no sense at all. EVERYTHING about the box set is new content. The cuts are new. The artwork is new. The bonus features are new. It’s ALL new content. They still had to get permission to release it. So if anything, his explanation just proves even more that more content could be added to this game. Considering it already exists, like the films in this new box set. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2020 at 11:32 PM, Alien_Number_Six said:

I would love to get my hands on something that plays similar but isn't bound to a license that is frozen solid. 

So in other words a similar horror game. If you don't mind a single player horror game, there's the game "Killer" that's currently in the works by Paul Phoenix. He'll need all the support he can get to fund the game: https://www.patreon.com/killerthegame

18 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

And the new officially licensed board game coming out next month. How is that possible??? Also, the excuse he gives for the box set makes no sense at all. EVERYTHING about the box set is new content. The cuts are new. The artwork is new. The bonus features are new. It’s ALL new content. They still had to get permission to release it. So if anything, his explanation just proves even more that more content could be added to this game. Considering it already exists, like the films in this new box set. 

Keep in mind, I'm absolutely no expert  on the legal issues, but it's my understanding that Horror Inc. has the ultimate say on what gets released for sale for this franchise and what doesn't. They can technically release whatever they want Friday the 13th related,  though they take the risk of Victor Miller making a claim on anything relating back to first movie, and just straight up looking bad in court because they're making money hand over fist on this franchise,  yet aren't willing to share the profits with the guy who helped create some of its key elements. It was ultimately Horror Inc. that put a stop to content for the game, maybe because they saw the game more as a liability to their case or it just wasn't a priority for them. Friday was far more successful than I think anybody reasonably imagined, and that success may just have been too much of a liability to the court case. I can't really explain the board game or DVD sets other than the fact that Horror Inc. needs to make some money somehow now that they've killed their game and can't film any movies for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

i just hope theres no upcoming lawsuit that will hinder the progress of the game.

still hurt over losing uberjason and the grendel. was hoping tommy would be replaced by the cyborg chic.

On 7/17/2020 at 11:54 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

When you folks refuse to believe me on things like this, I expect it. I'm not a lawyer and the situation has a way of putting "Gun" as a whole at odds with fans.

But when you're going to jump on a forum and claim that you know better in terms of law than an ACTUAL LAWYER, I don't know what to say.

• Like 1

No law expert but the "new" box set coming out, I believe they are allowed to reformat ANY existing content that existed before the dispute cut off came into effect.The "cuts" and so forth are probably stuff that was left on the cutting room floor that yes are "new" to the general public but they have existed for many years and never been seen before. As far as the new board game goes I'm not sure how they are getting away with that. I'm sure they found some grey area somehow to make it.

What gets me is these clowns on reddit blatantly posting clothing packs that they created for fun and ARE being used in game via video proof and yet that's allowed now apparently? Since when did it become ok to allow mods for the game even though Wes and company have been anti mod regardless if its the leaked content or custom content? Even though to be honest, a modding community would've injected life into the game outside of the legal mess.

On another note, I gotta say those custom outfits are pretty lame anyway. Not a single outfit based around camp counselor attire. Something that actually fits into the game. Only stupid or lewd costumes. I guess that's just gaming in 2020 really. Costumes gotta be stupid or lewd because anything that makes sense is apparently just not popular.

47 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

What gets me is these clowns on reddit blatantly posting clothing packs that they created for fun and ARE being used in game via video proof and yet that's allowed now apparently? Since when did it become ok to allow mods for the game even though Wes and company have been anti mod regardless if its the leaked content or custom content? Even though to be honest, a modding community would've injected life into the game outside of the legal mess.

On another note, I gotta say those custom outfits are pretty lame anyway. Not a single outfit based around camp counselor attire. Something that actually fits into the game. Only stupid or lewd costumes. I guess that's just gaming in 2020 really. Costumes gotta be stupid or lewd because anything that makes sense is apparently just not popular.

Who said that's allowed now? 

11 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Who said that's allowed now? 

It just seems meant to be in the face of the community and you guys either let it go or can't do anything about it?

Either way, they'll probably just try to con people into joining discords to get them like the Russian users do with the unreleased content.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tyrant666 said:

It just seems meant to be in the face of the community and you guys either let it go or can't do anything about it?

Either way, they'll probably just try to con people into joining discords to get them like the Russian users do with the unreleased content.

I'm not even a mod of that sub. It's not my house to clean up. But I have already forwarded the clothing pack threads to the appropriate team earlier today. 

On 7/20/2020 at 10:38 AM, mattshotcha said:

When you folks refuse to believe me on things like this, I expect it. I'm not a lawyer and the situation has a way of putting "Gun" as a whole at odds with fans.

But when you're going to jump on a forum and claim that you know better in terms of law than an ACTUAL LAWYER, I don't know what to say.

Well then how is the box set with new content and an all new licensed board game possible? That’s all I’m wondering. 

On 7/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

No law expert but the "new" box set coming out, I believe they are allowed to reformat ANY existing content that existed before the dispute cut off came into effect.The "cuts" and so forth are probably stuff that was left on the cutting room floor that yes are "new" to the general public but they have existed for many years and never been seen before. As far as the new board game goes I'm not sure how they are getting away with that. I'm sure they found some grey area somehow to make it.

No law expert either. But the whole thing is grey area then. New 4K cuts were not what was left on the cutting room floor. Neither is the new commentary or new artwork that was completed specifically for this box set. It’s all new content. I still can’t find an answer for the board game either. It’s officially licensed though. Not sure how. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Well then how is the box set with new content and an all new licensed board game possible? That’s all I’m wondering. 

12 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

No law expert either. But the whole thing is grey area then. New 4K cuts were not what was left on the cutting room floor. Neither is the new commentary or new artwork that was completed specifically for this box set. It’s all new content. I still can’t find an answer for the board game either. It’s officially licensed though. Not sure how. 

I don't have those answers. That's not my job or responsibility, as I work for Gun and the F13 Game only. We aren't the wards of the license.

The only part of your comment that IS in my wheelhouse to comment on is that "content" as it pertains to a video game and "content" as in box art for a box set is not the same thing at all.

I think a lot of people see Gun as Friday the 13th, and that's simply not the case. We made a game based off the license. We don't have any insight into the board game or box sets or any of that. It's not something we are involved in at all, and not something we are informed on as we aren't holders of the license. 

25 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I don't have those answers. That's not my job or responsibility, as I work for Gun and the F13 Game only. We aren't the wards of the license.

The only part of your comment that IS in my wheelhouse to comment on is that "content" as it pertains to a video game and "content" as in box art for a box set is not the same thing at all.

I think a lot of people see Gun as Friday the 13th, and that's simply not the case. We made a game based off the license. We don't have any insight into the board game or box sets or any of that. It's not something we are involved in at all, and not something we are informed on as we aren't holders of the license. 

Shit. This would all be so much better if you guys were the holders of the license.....

Mattshotcha - If some miracle occurred and the legal issues were over, would Gun still consider Friday "retired" for updates? Would Cunnigham have to win that battle?

Can Sheldon have an adult version in a suit as a legal "counselor"... He could have no skills but is still impervious to Jason because he is too afraid to spend more time in a courtroom. HEYOOOOO

If Miller wins, would the game resume and Miller would just be getting checks in the mail?

Was there any finished content that was waiting in the wings for a decision?

Or would that legal battle drag out the process even after a decision were made? - CaptainMiracle is not a lawyer nor does he work fro Gun. He is a new fan that loves this game and is learning about this tragic legal issue for the first time.

Does it seem likely that this particular game has reach...ahem...the final chapter? But like..the REAL final chapter?

@CaptainMiracle, it has been said by this point probably a million times, that even after the lawsuit is settled, there wont be any more content added to this game. Jason X was about 90% done, and he wont even make it into the game (legally). Had the lawsuit been settled back in 2018, even after Wes said there would be no more content added, I honestly think the rights holders could have got Gun to start back up with production. Since this lawsuit has continued on this long and realistically looks like there's no end in sight, this game is on it's final lap. Enjoy it while the servers are still up and hopefully Gun can get most of the bugs worked out before the switch is thrown.