Sign in to follow this  
gamer4games

One good difference between the Switch and PS4 version

It lets me use unlocked Jasons in no-internet offline mode....unlike the PS4 version..why not the PS4 version?

Interesting.  I have the Switch version and haven't tried that out yet.  Maybe it's because the Switch version is the "Ultimate Slasher Edition"? Gonna have to test this out.

4 hours ago, gamer4games said:

It lets me use unlocked Jasons in no-internet offline mode....

How does that work? Are you level 0 offline or does the game remember what level you are? Or are the Jasons no longer behind a level lock? So many questions.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:13 PM, aurllcooljay said:

How does that work? Are you level 0 offline or does the game remember what level you are? Or are the Jasons no longer behind a level lock? So many questions.

Don't know, all I know is that my sons time trial for switch ran out and I went to offline mode (level 0) and the ones he had unlocked were still usable. Wish they did the same with the PS4..

11 hours ago, gamer4games said:

I went to offline mode (level 0) and the ones he had unlocked were still usable.

If you are still connected to the internet in offline mode you will retain your online save data. It's like with my PS+ which recently ran out, but I'm still at level 150 because I don't need PS+ to access my online save data, just to play online. Try disconnecting from the internet on the Switch and if you aren't put at level 0 then it has something that the consoles don't.

9 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

If you are still connected to the internet in offline mode you will retain your online save data. It's like with my PS+ which recently ran out, but I'm still at level 150 because I don't need PS+ to access my online save data, just to play online. Try disconnecting from the internet on the Switch and if you aren't put at level 0 then it has something that the consoles don't.

No...I wasn't on the internet...there is no silver membership on the switch you're either on or your not...yes you can connect to get updates, but without membership on the switch it won't let you connect to their server so you can only go offline..I had access to the jasons i unlocked while offline, without internet or a membership to switch......on PS4 it's another story since I always have silver membership i can access the server, but when my internet goes out I have only two Jasons...i hope they make it possible cause not having all I've unlocked when my internet goes out on my PS4 sucks..

10 hours ago, gamer4games said:

No...I wasn't on the internet...there is no silver membership on the switch you're either on or your not...yes you can connect to get updates, but without membership on the switch it won't let you connect to their server so you can only go offline..I had access to the jasons i unlocked while offline, without internet or a membership to switch......on PS4 it's another story since I always have silver membership i can access the server, but when my internet goes out I have only two Jasons...i hope they make it possible cause not having all I've unlocked when my internet goes out on my PS4 sucks..

In a best case scenario, we're hoping this will happen when their servers go offline at the end.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

In a best case scenario, we're hoping this will happen when their servers go offline at the end.

Yeah I hope so...it would be a shame to lose everything we've spent time trying to earn..