Sign in to follow this  
Marc Lemieux

Offline Bots Keeps Crashing

I understand there are problems with the servers right now preventing online play. I don't think this has to do with that. 

Every time I try to play offline bots, I get the "Fatal Error!" message, sometimes with a message beside it saying "Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GlsRunning == 1)." 

I have no understanding of computers or programs so if anyone has an answer please help me out, this is my favorite game of all time and it sucks not even being able to play it offline.

45 minutes ago, Marc Lemieux said:

I understand there are problems with the servers right now preventing online play. I don't think this has to do with that. 

Every time I try to play offline bots, I get the "Fatal Error!" message, sometimes with a message beside it saying "Pure virtual function being called while application was running (GlsRunning == 1)." 

I have no understanding of computers or programs so if anyone has an answer please help me out, this is my favorite game of all time and it sucks not even being able to play it offline.

Welcome to the forum. Have a nice stay.

The development team is looking into the problems we are all having with the game. Hopefully they'll have some good news for us soon.

Hi Marc, welcome to the forums.

I had a little Google around for you. Seems to be an Unreal 4 engine issue. Saw it being reported over the years for other games too, such as X-Com and PUBG.

A lot of the solutions suggested are real complex tech stuff, so given what you said, may not be something you can use (beyond me, too).

Seems to be some corrupted or missing file somewhere. Perhaps a straightforward uninstallation and reinstallation may help, but failing that, if this is something that has been happening over just the past couple weeks or so when these server issues have happened, may have to see if the dev team can come up with some patch.

Here is one of (many!) threads about it, in case there's anything useful in there for you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/5uc3hg/was_there_ever_a_fix_for_the_pure_virtual/