What's the best course of action?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best course of action?

• Revert to P2P while dedicated servers are taken offline and fixed ASAP.
    • Revert to P2P while dedicated servers are taken offline and fixed for the next scheduled patch.
    • Revert to P2P and do away with dedicated servers.
    • Other (Specify)
    • Nothing

Ok stupid question here due to not being familiar with these acronyms but P2P? 🤪

53 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

Ok stupid question here due to not being familiar with these acronyms but P2P? 🤪

P2P means peer to peer.

Im good with just playing P2P until Devs properly fix the problem.  I dont want them rushing out any quick fixes.  Take their time and do a thorough job with the next patch.

One thing that would be fantastic to add to Private Matches is a timer to ready up.  Thats the one thing that drives me nuts in Private Matches.

Other: Get the dedicated servers back up and running asap!

The game is most definitely not quite at the point where we can afford to overlook how paramount dedicated servers are and waste time reverting to and from a p2p setup. Too many players still don't understand their own importance and have the etiquette not to quit when selected as Host in a p2p game. Also, anything over 120ms ping makes the game difficult to play and the car/boat almost impossible to drive at speed. Not to mention that not everyone has enough friends to play private matches.

I am almost sure that if the game gets reverted to P2P devs will take forever to change it back for dedicated servers. It's better to fix the dedicated servers as fast as possible, cuz if I have to deal with 10min match searching, lag, and rage quitting hosts I am done with this game.

The best course I'll recommend is to get into offline mode in the meanwhile. Practice in offline matches to git better (knife throwing, memorizing map layouts, trap placement, etc) or 100% Single Player Challenge objectives/skulls if you haven't already. For more motivation to play offline, check out my "Hidden Secrets in Single Player Challenges" topic. Maybe you'll find some secrets I missed.

@Laotian Lam,I agree with taking the time to fix things right. The player base can't bear a rush job that makes things worse.

@F13 Seppuku Squad, hosts quitting is a risky option, but would allow people who don't quit to play again. As far as having friends, one could always make new friends. There are some decent players in Quick Play.

@aurllcooljay, that was a very interesting topic you made. I wasn't aware of so many of those things you found.

@tyrant666, those were some dark times.

@Liquid Swordsman, I have ideas for about 36 similar games. The server issues have given me some time to develop them a bit.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

The best course I'll recommend is to get into offline mode in the meanwhile. Practice in offline matches to git better (knife throwing, memorizing map layouts, trap placement, etc) or 100% Single Player Challenge objectives/skulls if you haven't already. For more motivation to play offline, check out my "Hidden Secrets in Single Player Challenges" topic. Maybe you'll find some secrets I missed.

offline matches on pc throws fatal error after about 2 mins in. its unplayable also...

1 hour ago, MundaneAttic544 said:

So with everything going on right now are private matches working?!

on PS4 yes ...

other i value security n privacy if i cant have that my lawyer will have to play in the matches with me to keep the other players in line

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

offline matches on pc throws fatal error after about 2 mins in. its unplayable also...

No option to play offline? Try disconnecting your internet so you won't be able to log in, and if it's the exact same as consoles you should have an offline option.

On 7/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, Fair Play said:

very interesting topic

Just updated it with what I consider another hidden secret, Chad warning everyone at the Packanack lodge in Challenge #5 (it seemed like a scripted event to me, rather than Chad simply getting scared and it having a domino effect). There are possibly other hidden scripted events in the challenges where a specific character warns everyone, if you guys want more motivation to play offline while the severs are at the bottom of Crystal Lake.

EDIT: Just realized I double posted. Sorry, didn't mean to do that.

many are still loading into quick play unaware of the current problems. while private matches are still working, some may have a hard time filling your own lobby. so here is what ive been doing:

as i said earlier, the public lobbies are still filling up, only to be kicked. so what ya do is, load into a lobby, then exit. check your recently played with list for those who were in that public lobby. now invite them to your private match.

anybody wanna run with a rough crowd? join me & my campin buddies for a night of carnage by adding me on xbox live. 1030pm central is most common time to find me, glowing ooze. given certain information has come to light, it may be a long wait for public quick play to return. dont be a fool & rob yourself of some great friday the 13th action, join a private lobby today! no crybabies. happy camping to all!

I am just going to say it. there's a problem in the matchmaking of this game that always made players quit:

-you can't enter in a game mid-match 

-lobbies are basically locked for 20min and are only available to accept are players for 3min 

-you have nothing to do once you die.

besides fixing dedicated server i want to propose something that could make match searching from 4min to 1min:

1-you could play some kind of minigame with the dead counselors or alone, could be something making a reference to NES jason's game

2-players can enter mid-match as spectators

3-players that entered mid-match can play the minigame with players who died during the match

4-players that entered mid-match can spawn as tommy (when someone spawn as tommy the minigame gets interrupted obviously)

5-players should have the option to not find mid-matches on the matchsearching

I know that it's kind of too late for this game, but i really think people should get that in mind for future jason games similar to this one