Well, I guess the bright side is that now that the "investigation" is over the next update we get will should give us some sort of idea of when a fix will be implemented.  And at least we aren't totally in the dark now.

Edit:  Just read the update again and it mentioned the "ongoing investigation".  So I guess we aren't pass the investigation phase yet.  :(

1 hour ago, zmccain said:

Well, I guess the bright side is that now that the "investigation" is over the next update we get will should give us some sort of idea of when a fix will be implemented.  And at least we aren't totally in the dark now.

Edit:  Just read the update again and it mentioned the "ongoing investigation".  So I guess we aren't pass the investigation phase yet.  :(

At least we're being kept in the loop.

• Like 3

Looks like I picked the worst possible time to get back into the game!  I hadn't played it in a while and then when I come back...this.

But I really feel bad for the newer players.  The past 10 or so times I tried to play a match in the past few days I noticed a lot of players that were very low levels.  Some level 8, 6, 9, 20, etc.  I've been level 150 for over a year, have all the tapes, great perks, and almost completed all the badges so I've gotten plenty out of the game.  And this is on the Switch.  I also have the game on Xbox and did completed everything on there.  I've played this game a lot.  So yeah, it really sucks for people who are just getting into the game.

14 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I mean, that's great and all. Find the offenders and prosecute them. High-five! But, when's the game gonna be fixed restored to the last playable state?

Patients as this is a severe issue and will take some time to figure out and fix .. plus all the investigating needed .... side not you can still play just not in public servers

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:05 AM, SirMang said:

Not really.

They could just take down the dedicated servers and have us be able to play on P2P.  Since those actually work. 

Instead we get silence from them for the most of this time and nothing happens. 

Is there a trick to getting to be the host of a Lobby on quick play because the only way I've been able to play all week a little bit was finding a lobby with someone who is hosting it instead of a dedicated server and I 'd host one myself if I could. I just don't know how to? Private matches are too hard to get people to come that you don't know, either that or tell me how to get on a Canadian or UK server because I've been trying to get on one of them and I even changed my location but it doesn't work, keeps giving me US servers and I keep backing out and keep doing it. I'm so tired of it this is nonsense! Someone needs to do something, find these bastards and put them in prison

47 minutes ago, turfking8 said:

Is there a trick to getting to be the host of a Lobby on quick play because the only way I've been able to play all week a little bit was finding a lobby with someone who is hosting it instead of a dedicated server and I 'd host one myself if I could. I just don't know how to? Private matches are too hard to get people to come that you don't know, either that or tell me how to get on a Canadian or UK server because I've been trying to get on one of them and I even changed my location but it doesn't work, keeps giving me US servers and I keep backing out and keep doing it. I'm so tired of it this is nonsense! Someone needs to do something, find these bastards and put them in prison

There's no trick unfortunately.

You just have to hope you don't find a server for like 5 minutes because then it will put you into a P2P lobby instead. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That's the million dollar question.

I imagine people will play other games in the meantime. That's what I plan on doing.

Exactly.

And the longer this takes, the less and less I want to play a round. 

51 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There's no trick unfortunately.

You just have to hope you don't find a server for like 5 minutes because then it will put you into a P2P lobby instead. 

This tidbit of info is actually very helpful, I appreciate it very much. There's been many times where I've been like 4 minutes in waiting and waiting and then I give up, cancel and restart the search but now I'll just wait and hope to get a P2P Lobby so thanks a bunch! Funny thing is I always told myself I should just wait and eventually it will do something and put me in a Lobby and hopefully it will be good thing but then I just never go past like 4 minutes because I got to thinking that it's just going to keep spinning forever, now I'll wait a bit more. I'm actually at 3 minutes right now and hoping for the best... thanks again. Update what do you know I'm in a P2P lobby with two other people hopefully we get some others in here except for now the a****** just booted me or kicked me! So stupid! I didn't hit ready because there's only three of us I figured wait more for more people so stupid, stupid people

My experience with the P2P is that you need to invite people to get a full game .....

Played 2 games on servers without error just now. PS4, maybe the hacker takes a break on the weekends.  :P

edit: 5 games in a row without any issues.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Rabid-child said:

Played 2 games on servers without error just now. PS4, maybe the hacker takes a break on the weekends.  :P

We could only hope ... lol

2 hours ago, Hiwaz007 said:

We could only hope ... lol

Keep the positivity flowing! It’s a little choppy, but it’s working!

• Like 1

So, guys. Just finished playing. I played for 4 hours. There were no problems with the game on my side. EU server, PC.

1 hour ago, Psychophonic said:

So, guys. Just finished playing. I played for 4 hours. There were no problems with the game on my side. EU server, PC.

I still can't go to the game menu with my main account, but I can play with another family sharing account.

51 minutes ago, Mayday said:

I still can't go to the game menu with my main account, but I can play with another family sharing account.

I used my another acc :). I can't play from my main account because hackers have blocked my profile. I have the same problem as you. With another account (not main), I play without any problems.

• Haha 1

So managed to play a couple of games today & was a happy camper...till i came acrossed a troll in a match as Jason in Pinehurst & a whole party leaving after killing one of their team members in Packanack small jeez some things never change, huh?

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, turfking8 said:

Ditto and by the way two guys are cheaters tonight on Xbox, [hidden by moderator] and the other guy is [hidden by moderator]. whichever one's Jason, has the buddy unlock doors etc and cheat for the other guy.

Not that I'm encouraging you to team-kill or anything, but... run those little bitches over. Shit like that should not go unpunished. 

Edited by NthnButAGoodTime
  • Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:49 PM, turfking8 said:

Well I'm on Xbox and would gladly play Private matches if anybody wants to add me to their friends list please do... same name I have here is my Xbox name. I also have another friend that would love to play, I believe. I don't have a working mic if that's a problem? I have one on its way mine is broken but I still use the headset to listen as it still picks up the sounds better anyhow... that's my name if anybody wants to add me and/or invite me to private matches, I'm down. Thanks

My gamer tag is DreamWarrior90 if y'all wanna play.

I played a couple of rounds on the switch. Felt good to me, plus the two games I played I was the character I chose. So I wonder if all of those 'bugs' were part of what's been going on.

Sound is a little wonky. 
For example, I’m in a cabin with Chad, he climbs out window, but the grunt sound he makes when he hits the ground is female. And Tiffany seems to be really, really loud.

Also the main volume seems to go up and down.....nothing gamebreaking that’s for sure!

First game as Jason since servers were fixed lasted all of five minutes: Full lobby on HHS that had some 10yo sounding little shit-gargler pestering the host to pick Packanack Small so he can glitch. He didn't, so shit-gargler quit. First Morph after phone box was right to the rocks behind the lodge so I could dump a trap there. Got over to the four seater and all but two people suddenly quit, one of which is a fucking Chad on the rocks near the Eastern shack location... big surprise. The other is low-level but trying his best to fix the two-seater as fast as he can. Cheating Fuckboi apparently catches onto this so he hops down and bolts for the barn looking for parts. He gets cornered, hits me once, then quits like the little bitch he is when I get up. Low-Level finds the part he needs, I let him fix the car and start driving before Stalk-Shifting over and wrecking his newly-fixed car. He doesn't move, and neither do I, but a few seconds later I say "Fuck it" and step back. He restarts the car and slowly makes his way to the exit.

I'm glad the servers are working, but Jason shouldn't have to use his limited number of traps on making sure people don't cheat.

41 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

First game as Jason since servers were fixed lasted all of five minutes: Full lobby on HHS that had some 10yo sounding little shit-gargler pestering the host to pick Packanack Small so he can glitch. He didn't, so shit-gargler quit. First Morph after phone box was right to the rocks behind the lodge so I could dump a trap there. Got over to the four seater and all but two people suddenly quit, one of which is a fucking Chad on the rocks near the Eastern shack location... big surprise. The other is low-level but trying his best to fix the two-seater as fast as he can. Cheating Fuckboi apparently catches onto this so he hops down and bolts for the barn looking for parts. He gets cornered, hits me once, then quits like the little bitch he is when I get up. Low-Level finds the part he needs, I let him fix the car and start driving before Stalk-Shifting over and wrecking his newly-fixed car. He doesn't move, and neither do I, but a few seconds later I say "Fuck it" and step back. He restarts the car and slowly makes his way to the exit.

I'm glad the servers are working, but Jason shouldn't have to use his limited number of traps on making sure people don't cheat.

Well you probably have 6 months before the next patch, so probably December. 

That and/or they actually think outside the box or spend more money on different types of fixes

1. Survivors not in hiding spots are bumped/teleported out of position if they don't move after 5-10 seconds

2. Add slay zones on all the maps, if survivors are inside a slay zone, they are auto killed. Add them to roofs, rocks, etc

etc etc

However, if we are to believe that they hired a forensic's firm to look into the crime committed by the hackers. One would think that cuts into their budget for the game, so look for even less fixes and less money to pay people to fix them.