On 7/6/2020 at 10:18 PM, turfking8 said:

Of course I agree with you that they should do it of their own volition but the fact of the matter is when you give people enough motivation like, shortening a long jail sentence, then things can happen and hopefully get more of the worms/scumbags. I also don't see a bunch of nerds playing with their hacking PC's giving anybody stitches, what are they going to do... call each other mean names? Seriously something needs to be done. if you start giving people long enough prison sentences for hacking other people's stuff, then maybe others choose not to hack. Do you know how much money and aggravation they've caused around the world just on this game alone, and people act like it's nothing. I say arrest them, give 'em a trial and if they're guilty, put them in jail for 40 years or more and then maybe they'd f****** stop

A few things about your post:

1. Hackers are not necessarily "nerds" playing around. They can be people who can have very malicious intentions, and cause massive damage and cost. It sounds like the bunch behind this are of the gray hat variety.

2. Hackers have done far more damage to other targets that are not this game. I'd be much more concerned with incidents involving national security or financial institutions.

3. I agree that the punishment should fit the crime. However one must be careful with accusations, otherwise you could have a witch hunt on your hands. Anyone that has information relevant to the matter should submit it accordingly, and then leave it to the appropriate person(s) to take it from there.

4. A strong enough sentence may or may not stop hackers. Like any type of criminal, some will back down, while others will push the boundaries.

Most of us agree that something needs to be done. Let's hope things are done the right way.

21 hours ago, Cristiano said:

I don't know why they do this. If they are doing it for fun they must not have life. And I already warned the devs to avoid that they could increase the security of the game. 😕

Hackers might just do it because they can. They don't need a specific reason.

19 hours ago, Nibori said:

Do developers even try to do something? since July 1, absolutely no information. I read in steam dialogue with one of the hackers saying that the situation will not change until the patch is released. Just don’t say that you will solve this problem for 6 months.

Patches take time. It could take longer than six months. Let's hope it's sooner than that.

15 hours ago, Carlso said:

it's better to fix dedicated servers. i remeber when they were not a thing, host searching could take 20min to find a laggy 300ms host.

I agree fixing the servers is necessary. If they need to shut them down for a bit to do that, then so be it.

6 hours ago, tBeNz said:

Rage quitting is easily handled by awarding whoever left a 30 minute ban, and giving counselors bonus CP depending how long the match has been.

Implementing such a thing this late in the game is very unlikely. The "Salt Mines" was an attempt to curb bad behavior, and didn't quite work out as intended.

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

They tried something similar to that before. It was called the “Salt Mines.”  They didn’t work. 
I for one wouldn’t object to them disabling the servers until they’re fixed to allow players to play. I personally wouldn’t be playing until the servers are back up and running though. That’s just my opinion on it. 

I'd be willing to make that sacrifice, even if others wouldn't.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Несколько вещей о вашем посте:

1. Хакеры не обязательно "ботаники", играющие вокруг. Это могут быть люди, которые могут иметь очень злые намерения и нанести огромный ущерб и ущерб. Похоже, что за этим стоит серая шляпа.

2. Хакеры нанесли гораздо больший урон другим целям, которые не являются этой игрой. Я был бы гораздо больше обеспокоен инцидентами, связанными с национальной безопасностью или финансовыми учреждениями.

3. Я согласен, что наказание должно соответствовать преступлению. Однако с обвинениями нужно быть осторожнее, иначе у вас на руках может быть охота на ведьм. Любой, у кого есть информация, относящаяся к данному вопросу, должен представить ее соответствующим образом, а затем предоставить ее соответствующему лицу (-ям), чтобы получить ее оттуда.

4. Достаточно сильное предложение может или не может остановить хакеров. Как и любой тип преступника, некоторые отступят, а другие расширят границы.

Большинство из нас согласны с тем, что нужно что-то делать. Будем надеяться, что все сделано правильно.

Хакеры могут просто сделать это, потому что они могут. Им не нужна конкретная причина.

Патчи требуют времени. Это может занять больше шести месяцев. Будем надеяться, что раньше.

Я согласен, что починка серверов необходима. Если им нужно на время отключить их, пусть будет так.

Реализация такой вещи в конце игры очень маловероятна. «Соляные копи» были попыткой обуздать плохое поведение и не сработали так, как задумывалось.

Я был бы готов принести эту жертву, даже если бы другие не стали.

come on? sure? Do you know that the game doesn’t work anywhere and that hackers did it just because of the irresponsible attitude of the developers? here you are and wait 6 months. But I’m afraid you don’t have anyone to play with, as I’m sure most of the players will forget about the game and move on to a new generation. And the sense in these servers will be gone.

1 hour ago, Nibori said:

come on? sure? Do you know that the game doesn’t work anywhere and that hackers did it just because of the irresponsible attitude of the developers? here you are and wait 6 months. But I’m afraid you don’t have anyone to play with, as I’m sure most of the players will forget about the game and move on to a new generation. And the sense in these servers will be gone.

Players have continued to play this game even after waiting months at a time for a patch. Even if a patch takes longer than six months, there will still be people playing, even if it would be fewer players.I

Also, this is an English speaking forum. If you wish to quote and/or respond, kindly keep both in English when you post.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, kayleb said:

There have been many sketchy things going on for awhile now and this "SATAN" guy also has discord which many know i've been in there before trying to be sneaky and get information off them and i have i talked to one of his main Moders/Hackers on a phone call and i think after awhile they realized i was up to something but this is what i can tell many and answer questions 1."Are they doing this" Answer Yes i had read many things from "Satan" and many other who indeed said that they were going to "Destroy this game" and not for what some people are saying such as "There doing this because they got banned" no they have has this in the works for months because this was said in Jan 2020 and i told the DEVS, Gun Media, "Jason kills bugs" even tweeted them never got anything back i was in there till the very end of the month of Jan 2020 before i was removed and many think and say "this has been around since 2018" well i dont think so they had said they knew about many things such as Victroria being a character that would be coming since October of 2017 they have been up to this since launch just never showed it until 2018 they have been planning to do many things to this game from the very start but needed to wait for the right time and the lawsuit was the perfect time now some may say "oh there was leaked footage before the lawsuit" see they were teasing the Devs trying to show them that a storm was coming soon and they has the upper hand now this could be a lie from the so dont take my word but they said that they "knew there was a deadline coming because GUN knew this was happening so someone from the inside told them" thats why the starting teasing now this could be lie but other things that were shown to me leads me to say that there are telling the truth know like i said i tried to tweet, report, to everyone who could be help never got a response so after awhile i started seeing that if you " Gave them nudes you would get these Mods/Hacks" i felt sick and the day after that i gave myself up and told them they would be turned in when i told Gun Media this Gun never did anything and then i found another group chat and tried to be smart i got my self scammed on purpose thinking if i did this and screenshoted everyone single bit of proof that i could show it to Gun and they would have proof to do something about it so i talked got info screenshoted sent them money got scammed all according to plan but where my plan went wrong is were gone never did anything with my proof i was furious i love this game and wanted something done wasted my money so they would have proof to do something and nothing was ever done so i ask everyone here is this right in my eyes NO! it is not and a fan of this game it is horrible to see i hope this does get fixed and this info will been seen by someone who cares who some people weather thats Fans like you guys or Devs and i am so sorry if there is Typos in here and grammer problems i just wanted to get this out here as soon as possible because i want this to been know to the public know since the Devs wont do anything.

I didn't get a single word of what you're saying.
Could you explain yourself again, possibly in short sentences?

14 hours ago, kayleb said:

Long post...

If what you say is true, that's royally screwed up. Basically means they knew it was coming and didn't do anything about it.

My only question is, if they wanted to cause problems for the devs and show off, why didn't they make all the unreleased content available for everyone to use instead of making the game unplayable? That would have made them look like bigger bad asses.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

why didn't they make all the unreleased content available for everyone to use instead of making the game unplayable? That would have made them look like bigger bad asses.

Very good point.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Игроки продолжают играть в эту игру даже после нескольких месяцев ожидания патча. Даже если патч длится более шести месяцев, все равно будут играть люди, даже если в нем будет меньше игроков.

Кроме того, это англоязычный форум. Если вы хотите процитировать и / или ответить, пожалуйста, оставляйте их на английском языке при публикации.

this does not mean that I can not leave messages here, I do not know english well and use a translator. if something does not suit you then do not read my messages.

28 minutes ago, Nibori said:

this does not mean that I can not leave messages here, I do not know english well and use a translator. if something does not suit you then do not read my messages.

No one said you couldn't post here. This is an English speaking forum. Use a translator if you wish, but kindly post any quotes and responses in English. Also don't respond with an entitled attitude. Even if you don't like the rules, you should respect them.

@Dragonfire82877, I'm surprised that such a thing wasn't done. Hopefully nothing worse happens regarding this game.

@Laotian Lam, you beat me to it.

• Like 3

Everyone is aware of the current state of the game, while there have been reasons posted on various sites and social media platforms i would like get some info directly from Gun. Not so much as a timeline of when things will be fixed but the information regarding who the alleged hackers are has been posted all over and seen by members of the team. @mattshotcha can you provide any information regarding this? Is the hackers being looked into, is the issues absolutely the result of hackers or other underlying issues.

• Like 2

They posted un update today on Twitter:

Our team is continuing to investigate connection issues affecting all platforms. We appreciate your patience and reports.

So since they are still investigating one can assume they haven't found the issue yet.  

6 minutes ago, zmccain said:

They posted un update today on Twitter:

So since they are still investigating one can assume they haven't found the issue yet.  

EAYb.gif

• Haha 1

i got a sorta update i dont get the connection error anymore now  when the match starts it just crashes to  that normal error with the blue screen on ps4   im rebuilding the database now

It's been a week with no fix nor a workaround...this is completely unacceptable.

Seriously considering deleting the game.

Normally I'm an impatient man myself but I'd say give the crew more time to work on this case cause whatever the quote on quote "hacker" did to the servers really did a number on us & all for a sad moment of e-fame.

• Like 1

the saddest part of this for me is me and my friends felt nostalgic and came back to the game for the first time since the shut downs for new content

and then we played the game for a day and were getting back into wondering why we dropped the game

and the day after that we can't play

rest in peace 

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

It's been a week with no fix nor a workaround...this is completely unacceptable.

Pretty harsh considering we don't know how extensive the damage is  and they maybe still attacking the servers and it did work on the 4th for around 12 hours or so. So they are working on the problem. I usually agree on most everything you post but not in this case, Do what you want you still can re download it once they get it fixed if it's hogging up needed space.

• Like 1

Let me get this straight... The servers are down because some cocksucker got butt-hurt about getting banned (presumably because he was hacking/cheating/being a douchebag) and decided to act like a spoiled brat about it instead of growing the fuck up and refraining from taking it out on everyone else? 

Somebody REALLY needs to get a life. If you're upset about getting banned, that's your problem, not ours. All you've done by fucking with the servers is demonstrate what a little bitch you are. It might take a while, but eventually the problem's going to be fixed and normal play will resume. Server problems are temporary, being a butt-hurt little fuck-boi is forever.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Такая же проблема. Уже 3 день не могу поиграть. Только начинается раунд и с игры выкидывает. Пише время соединения истекло. Почените плиз.. Мы любим эту игру. Без нее грустно

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Pretty harsh considering we don't know how extensive the damage is  and they maybe still attacking the servers and it did work on the 4th for around 12 hours or so. So they are working on the problem. I usually agree on most everything you post but not in this case, Do what you want you still can re download it once they get it fixed if it's hogging up needed space.

Not really.

They could just take down the dedicated servers and have us be able to play on P2P.  Since those actually work. 

Instead we get silence from them for the most of this time and nothing happens. 

• Like 3

The turbulent history of this game. Not necessarily in chronological order. Not gonna post documentary videos from Aldermach/Beware or Pappus since that would just result in a deletion of the post.

1. Beta delay

2. Release delay

3. Backlash for giving out keys to streamers before release, which led to spoiling how Jason was killed

4. Singleplayer not released or even ready at launch, but used to justify a price increase

5. Various people having to jump through hoops to get their backer rewards

6. Savini being accidentally released 

7. Savini code scandal

8. The silence (resembles our current predicament) after launch

9. The banning scandal tied to Dilly Dingus

10. Paranoia started, then stopped

11. Uber Jason/Grendel started, stopped and replaced by Roy/Pinehurst instead

12. Removal of friendly fire, which was controversial, whether for or against

13. Jason nerfs through intentional and unintentional means

14. Savini workshop vanished and never heard from again

15. The Savini Jason redesign, originally meant to be a Jason between Parts 2 and 3 or 1-2 according to Tom Savini if I remember or somewhere in there, instead he was designed to be more post Part 9 and theoretically based off someone from Illfonic appearance wise

16. Glitches and bugs throughout the game's lifecycle...some cured, some still around since launch

17. Engine upgrade which basically crushed the game and didn't do much in the way of making it smoother in terms of wide opinion

18. NES Jason to be reworked and made his own with different music, instead it never happened

19. The Rage change, whether for or against

20. The item locator on the map change, whether for or against

21. The dedicated servers dead (our current epidemic)

As you can see, the history of this game since its birth has not been without major controversies and I'm sure I've missed some

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

and it did work on the 4th for around 12 hours or so

Yes I play for many hours thru the holiday weekend ... the 4th was great considering ...