As of now, it's still almost impossible to make it through the entire 20 minutes. I played a few games with friends last night, but now we're right back to constant time-out errors.

I think this is all a set up by Devs to get us used to not having a server anymore.  The plug was going to get pulled at some point anyhow, so may as well get used to peer to peer only.

pam.png

• Like 1

Due to the existing problem of freezing the game on dedicated servers, could you please disable the dedicated servers so that players can play on their hosts as before when there were no dedicated servers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biel said:

Servers are dead but memes will never die.

nice to notice our different playstyles. 2:10 if it was me there i would've jumped the window and would be on the other side of the map at 2:50 xD 

33 minutes ago, rvd-2003 said:

Due to the existing problem of freezing the game on dedicated servers, could you please disable the dedicated servers so that players can play on their hosts as before when there were no dedicated servers

If this is a doable solution then why hasn't it been done already? I was playing, or trying to play, all night last night. I'd say at least a hundred times I entered lobbys on Xbox while doing other things on my laptop because I knew there's a good chance nothing was going to happen, and I jumped into game after game after game only to get booted within a minute every time. If this is a doable situation by getting rid of these dedicated servers, then do it. I was thinking that as I was trying to play, "how come the other night when I was doing this I was able to play a few times", other people mentioned that Canada servers that day we're playing well for whatever reason but whatever the problem is, if you can shut down the bad servers and that would;d help, then can we do that at least?

By the way, I guess I'm not super tech-savvy but how do people know when there's a dedicated server or not and how is it that a host can apparently just kick you if they don't like you for any reason? I've been randomly kicked before and I've been wondering what the heck for and how the heck does that happen and now to find out that it could be someone intentionally doing it instead of just a fluke in the game, kind of irks me.

38 minutes ago, rvd-2003 said:

it's better to fix dedicated servers. i remeber when they were not a thing, host searching could take 20min to find a laggy 300ms host.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turfking8 said:

By the way, I guess I'm not super tech-savvy but how do people know when there's a dedicated server or not and how is it that a host can apparently just kick you if they don't like you for any reason? I've been randomly kicked before and I've been wondering what the heck for and how the heck does that happen and now to find out that it could be someone intentionally doing it instead of just a fluke in the game, kind of irks me.

"Hosts" in Public Matches (Quick Play) cannot kick you.  It may say that when you get booted/disconnected but it's not actually the case.

Hosts of Private Matches CAN kick you for whatever reason.

You can tell if you are on the server or connected to a peer by looking at each person's ping.  If everyone has a ping then there is no host and you are on the server. (One player is still considered "host" but they are not actually hosting the game.  All they can do is decide map choice). 

If one player has NO ping then they are actually hosting the game, hence no ping.  At the moment this is only in Private Matches.

There has been times in the past when even in Quick Play one player is randomly chosen to actually host the game.  Not sure if they have the ability to kick players.  But if they quite the game the match will end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

"Hosts" in Public Matches (Quick Play) cannot kick you.  It may say that when you get booted/disconnected but it's not actually the case.

Hosts of Private Matches CAN kick you for whatever reason.

You can tell if you are on the server or connected to a peer by looking at each person's ping.  If everyone has a ping then there is no host and you are on the server. (One player is still considered "host" but they are not actually hosting the game.  All they can do is decide map choice). 

If one player has NO ping then they are actually hosting the game, hence no ping.  At the moment this is only in Private Matches.

There has been times in the past when even in Quick Play one player is randomly chosen to actually host the game.  Not sure if they have the ability to kick players.  But if they quite the game the match will end.

Thank you very much, that's very insightful. I almost always just play quick play and I have a very good internet connection, ethernet, which is why I thought it strange that once in a blue moon I would just be randomly kicked for Network issues or something but I guess anything's possible. I will be checking out pings now so thank you very much and it is very interesting, I appreciate it.

12 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

"Hosts" in Public Matches (Quick Play) cannot kick you. 

No, they cannot kick you out of the lobby. They can however ruin everyone's game by quitting the match. That's the main reason people wanted dedicated servers. Back when it was p2p play, you always had to make sure you didn't kill the host first as Jason. If you did, halfway through the kill animation, the dreaded "Lost connection to Host" message would appear across the screen of everyone in the lobby.

if at the moment they don’t have the opportunity to quickly fix the problem, it’s better to turn off the server and let the players play on the hosts

• Like 2

If there is any ps4 user we can create a community and make private lobbies open to everyone, so that those who are online can play in rotation.
Private servers but without servers. :D

25 minutes ago, Nibori said:

if at the moment they don’t have the opportunity to quickly fix the problem, it’s better to turn off the server and let the players play on the hosts

Agreed, I'd rather deal with hosts rage quiting and choppy connections then not be able to play the game at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JRambo said:

me parece bien xk esto es una mierda tantos dias asi es una verguenza ,ayer se pudo jugar hoy no basura

Sounds like the hackers are trying to hold the servers hostage over being banned for cheating.

This would be a golden opportunity for the devs to look like heroes by releasing the unfinished version of Uber Jason as a parting gift to the playerbase as well as the Pajama pack with no charge. This way here, the devs look like heroes while the hackers who have peddled the unreleased content since 2018, would in turn look like jackasses preventing people from playing with new official content.

I know know...but still. Golden opportunity for a PR win here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/3/2020 at 2:26 AM, tyrant666 said:

Well...

Jason has been killed by the devs and the playerbase already so many times before. Its only natural that now the next step is being killed by the servers and the hackers that still populate the game.

All this tells me is once the devs pull the plug on the dedicated servers, the castle is gonna fall down completely. Going back to P2P will be the end. The remaining playerbase won't be mature enough to keep it going.

^^Facts.

Between the lack of new content, and no real improvements made to the game in years, and now THIS.  Its pretty much the death nail  Its been "COVID'd" essentially.  completely shot. .  Ahhh well. The first 2 years or so made it all worthwhile.  Great times.  Maybe the next gen of consoles can eventually pick up the pieces to where this left off. .   I think we all can say we got our money's worth.   The premise of the game and attention to detail  was BRILLIANT 

8 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

No, they cannot kick you out of the lobby. They can however ruin everyone's game by quitting the match. That's the main reason people wanted dedicated servers. Back when it was p2p play, you always had to make sure you didn't kill the host first as Jason. If you did, halfway through the kill animation, the dreaded "Lost connection to Host" message would appear across the screen of everyone in the lobby.

Rage quitting is easily handled by awarding whoever left a 30 minute ban, and giving counselors bonus CP depending how long the match has been.

• Confused 1

Guys, trust me... you DO NOT want the dedicated servers disabled. It's far better to put up with time-out errors until the servers are fixed than it is to get booted round after round because some whiny-ass 12-year-old (whose mother really should have just opened her mouth instead of her legs) decided to quit and kick everybody out because he wasn't Jason/got killed early/had his sweater stolen/got slashed to death with 2 PK's/etc...

Unless you have heard the high-pitched bitch-whining of an entitled little waste-of-sperm telling everyone that if he doesn't get to escape then nobody gets to play, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever how bad it used to be without dedicated servers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Guys, trust me... you DO NOT want the dedicated servers disabled. It's far better to put up with time-out errors until the servers are fixed than it is to get booted round after round because some whiny-ass 12-year-old (whose mother really should have just opened her mouth instead of her legs) decided to quit and kick everybody out because he wasn't Jason/got killed early/had his sweater stolen/got slashed to death with 2 PK's/etc...

Unless you have heard the high-pitched bitch-whining of an entitled little waste-of-sperm telling everyone that if he doesn't get to escape then nobody gets to play, you have absolutely no idea whatsoever how bad it used to be without dedicated servers. 

Amen Brother I''ve run into some dumb 12 year olds who think they know better and let me tell you they are usually the first to die. Also why do people want to go back to when if the host ISN'T Jason the whole lobby is kicked cause the host left? Plus why the hell would you go onto twitter, whine, complain, harrass and yell at the Devs to fix this now. That shit ain't going to work and nether will making an account here just to advacate the game is dead cause of servers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tBeNz said:

Rage quitting is easily handled by awarding whoever left a 30 minute ban, and giving counselors bonus CP depending how long the match has been.

They tried something similar to that before. It was called the “Salt Mines.”  They didn’t work. 
I for one wouldn’t object to them disabling the servers until they’re fixed to allow players to play. I personally wouldn’t be playing until the servers are back up and running though. That’s just my opinion on it. 

• Like 2

I'm having the same problem.  I hadn't played the game in a few months and decided to start playing tonight.  After the match begins you can't interact with anything(open doors, windows, etc.) and the match crashes after about 1 minute.  This happened 4 times in a row.  So I started looking around online to see if it was just me and well, here I am.  :(

• Sad 1

There have been many sketchy things going on for awhile now and this "SATAN" guy also has discord which many know i've been in there before trying to be sneaky and get information off them and i have i talked to one of his main Moders/Hackers on a phone call and i think after awhile they realized i was up to something but this is what i can tell many and answer questions 1."Are they doing this" Answer Yes i had read many things from "Satan" and many other who indeed said that they were going to "Destroy this game" and not for what some people are saying such as "There doing this because they got banned" no they have has this in the works for months because this was said in Jan 2020 and i told the DEVS, Gun Media, "Jason kills bugs" even tweeted them never got anything back i was in there till the very end of the month of Jan 2020 before i was removed and many think and say "this has been around since 2018" well i dont think so they had said they knew about many things such as Victroria being a character that would be coming since October of 2017 they have been up to this since launch just never showed it until 2018 they have been planning to do many things to this game from the very start but needed to wait for the right time and the lawsuit was the perfect time now some may say "oh there was leaked footage before the lawsuit" see they were teasing the Devs trying to show them that a storm was coming soon and they has the upper hand now this could be a lie from the so dont take my word but they said that they "knew there was a deadline coming because GUN knew this was happening so someone from the inside told them" thats why the starting teasing now this could be lie but other things that were shown to me leads me to say that there are telling the truth know like i said i tried to tweet, report, to everyone who could be help never got a response so after awhile i started seeing that if you " Gave them nudes you would get these Mods/Hacks" i felt sick and the day after that i gave myself up and told them they would be turned in when i told Gun Media this Gun never did anything and then i found another group chat and tried to be smart i got my self scammed on purpose thinking if i did this and screenshoted everyone single bit of proof that i could show it to Gun and they would have proof to do something about it so i talked got info screenshoted sent them money got scammed all according to plan but where my plan went wrong is were gone never did anything with my proof i was furious i love this game and wanted something done wasted my money so they would have proof to do something and nothing was ever done so i ask everyone here is this right in my eyes NO! it is not and a fan of this game it is horrible to see i hope this does get fixed and this info will been seen by someone who cares who some people weather thats Fans like you guys or Devs and i am so sorry if there is Typos in here and grammer problems i just wanted to get this out here as soon as possible because i want this to been know to the public know since the Devs wont do anything.

• Confused 2

That is the longest run on sentence I have ever seen.  That's actually quite an accomplishment!🏆

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2