Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I know this is kind of repetitive, but after maining him for almost 3 years I just had to say it.

Lachappa is weak for two reasons:

1-His stats don't synergize. He is a high stealth high repair counselor with low composure, and what does he have to compensate for that? An average luck? Why would Lachappa use luck consistently? Why is Lachappa average luck if he looks like the most unlucky dude of all the counselors? It just doesn't work

2-There's no reason for picking him over Deborah. Deborah hides better than Lachappa because of her higher composure and stealth. She  can run from Jason better cuz of the higher composure stamina and speed. She defeats Lachappa on everything he was supposed to be good at, and what Lachappa can do that Deborah can't? He has higher luck and higher strenght so what should he do? Unmask jason? Fight against Jason? He is mediocre at best on doing that, not even mentioning his deplorable speed and stam.

 

My suggestion:

Composure:6

Luck:1

Repair:10

Speed:3

Stamina:2

Stealth:10

Strenght:3

 

1-Now Lachappa is a viable stealthy counselor.

2-Now there's something he's better than Deborah. Deborah is slightly better at running from Jason having 1 more speed and stamina, and Lachappa is slightly better than Deborah at hiding from Jason having 1 more composure and stealthy.

 

I know some people think he still going to be weak because of his low speed and low stam, but if you really think that, Lachappa is not for you. He was meant to be the slowest counselor in the game, so I don't think his personality should be erased.

 

(Another thing that could be done is to buff luck. If you see, every counselor that invests too much points on luck is considered weaker than the ones that focus on other stats, so if it was worthy to have an average luck Lachappa would be viable.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ve basically created a weaker AJ with those stats. 7 repair is more than enough against most Jasons and she’s effectively a 10 repair with Speed Demon. Her higher speed, stamina and composure are all helpful OTOH.

I do agree that LaChappa needs a rework though. He’s only good for a challenge or some laughs (those piggy sounds :lol:).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lord Lachappa is fine.  He isn't the best but he is far from being just bad.  Only change I like to see is a nerf to vanessas repair, if only to encourage players to pick someone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Chops is the best repair character in the game...if all you're interested in is straight repair.

He doesn't need a rework. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

You’ve basically created a weaker AJ with those stats

nah he's more like an alternative to AJ that has 10 repair. 7 repair is enough, but if more is wanted lachappa could be a good choice. 

 

19 hours ago, SirMang said:

Big Chops is the best repair character in the game

there's no reasons for picking him over deborah, besides liking the counselor and memes. he's not viable at being stealthy and he's bad at running from jason, the only good thing a bout him is his repair, and deborah can do the same.

 

20 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

He isn't the best but he is far from being just bad

you definitely can survive with him, but i wish he was viable at least on the things he was supposed to be viable at :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Carlso said:

you definitely can survive with him, but i wish he was viable at least on the things he was supposed to be viable at 😕

He is viable as is.  He isn't a good choice if you are playing solo, but in a squad, he provides a valuable skill while also reasonable capable to help Chads and Vanessas fend off Jason better than Deb and especially AJ with his decent luck.  Deb is only really a better choice because she is female, otherwise its a choice between have a little more stamina or little more luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

He is viable as is.  He isn't a good choice if you are playing solo, but in a squad, he provides a valuable skill while also reasonable capable to help Chads and Vanessas fend off Jason better than Deb and especially AJ with his decent luck.  Deb is only really a better choice because she is female, otherwise its a choice between have a little more stamina or little more luck.

Outside of sweater wearing ability, Chops > Deborah.

And since Deborah shouldn't ever be the one ultimately getting the sweater, that point is pretty moot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lachappa might be marginally more effective in a squad (can't really speak to that from personal experience but the stats bear it out) but Deb's superior composure, speed, stamina and stealth are all helpful if you're playing solo. A solo Lachappa is a walking feast for any decent Jason whereas Deb will often avoid detection and won't be reaching for her inhaler while cabin hopping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 9:35 PM, GeneiJin said:

He is viable as is.  He isn't a good choice if you are playing solo, but in a squad, he provides a valuable skill while also reasonable capable to help Chads and Vanessas fend off Jason better than Deb and especially AJ with his decent luck.  Deb is only really a better choice because she is female, otherwise its a choice between have a little more stamina or little more luck.

Adam and Fox are viable fizer in squads, Lachappa is not. The only help Lachappa can give to a squad is that jason will tunnel him first, I mean if you really think 3 speed, 2 stamina, 4 composure counselor is viable on squads I don't know what to say to you. And even if it was the case, it just kind of proves that his stats don't synergise, because why should a counselor that is better at a squads have 8 stealth? Try to rely on squads with Lachappa, and you'll be the first one to die. Again, why should I pick Lachappa over other stealthy counselors, and why should I pick Lachappa over other squad counselor? Play him for a week straight and you'll see why you shouldn't xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 12:51 AM, Eva Watanabe said:

Lachappa might be marginally more effective in a squad

Lachappa is the first one to die on squads. Imagine you are the Jason, see 3 troll vanessas all armed with machetes and baseball bats, then you look at the other side and you see a max feared Lachappa, which is easier to chase and can potentially ruin your match by fixing stuff, who would you honestely go for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Lachappa is the first one to die on squads. Imagine you are the Jason, see 3 troll vanessas all armed with machetes and baseball bats, then you look at the other side and you see a max feared Lachappa, which is easier to chase and can potentially ruin your match by fixing stuff, who would you honestely go for?

Imagine you are Jason, see 3 troll vanessas and then see a Deborah? 

Same situation applies. 

Or are we going to try and make the argument that 1 composure is going to make a huge difference?

You're basically saying, without really meaning to, that playing as a repair character is pointless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Imagine you are Jason, see 3 troll vanessas and then see a Deborah? 

comparing deb and chap, which is the one who's going to have more chances to survive? yep deb. sooooo why should i pick lachappa over her anyway?

8 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Or are we going to try and make the argument that 1 composure is going to make a huge difference?

+1 composure, +1 speed, +1 stam. 3 points can make a lot of difference.

9 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You're basically saying, without really meaning to, that playing as a repair character is pointless.  

on a squad, yes, high stealth high repair counselors are almost useless. they are better at hiding and fixing stuff. you got a be viable on one of those two, lachappa sucks at squads and is mediocre at hiding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Lachappa is the first one to die on squads. Imagine you are the Jason, see 3 troll vanessas all armed with machetes and baseball bats, then you look at the other side and you see a max feared Lachappa, which is easier to chase and can potentially ruin your match by fixing stuff, who would you honestely go for?

True, but as @SirMang said the same would apply to other repair counselors. Lachappa however has better luck and strength than Deb and AJ which allows him to fight in a team longer without breaking his weapon and contribute a bit more to a de-masking effort (though he's of course still not ideally suited to that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

True, but as @SirMang said the same would apply to other repair counselors

True, but other repair counselor compensate by being good at hiding. Lachappa is mediocre at hiding... and on everything else.

 

2 hours ago, Eva Watanabe said:

contribute a bit more to a de-masking effort (though he's of course still not ideally suited to that).

Agreed, he's better at de-masking Jason than AJ and Debm, so what? Like almost all of the counselors are better than those two at de-masking. What Chappa really needs is to be good at something besides repairing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SirMang said:

You're basically saying, without really meaning to, that playing as a repair character is pointless.  

Right.  Nothing says "Fuck You, Jason!" more than stunning him then picking up a part and put it in before he recovers 🤣"

5 hours ago, Carlso said:

comparing deb and chap, which is the one who's going to have more chances to survive? yep deb. sooooo why should i pick lachappa over her anyway?

on a squad, yes, high stealth high repair counselors are almost useless. they are better at hiding and fixing stuff. you got a be viable on one of those two, lachappa sucks at squads and is mediocre at hiding.

You have a very shallow perspective.  Repair Techs are the bane of Jason.  Once they get Parts in matter of moments, that forces Jason to be focused on that part of the map.  2-3 Repair tech spread across the map will more likely force Jason to give up an objective than a map filled with 1 and 2 stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Once they get Parts in matter of moments, that forces Jason to be focused on that part of the map.  2-3 Repair tech spread across the map will more likely force Jason to give up an objective than a map filled with 1 and 2 stats. 

that's true, but as you said they have separate themselves, not group up on squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carlso said:

that's true, but as you said they have separate themselves, not group up on squads.

lol, a "squad" doesn't have to stay together necessarily.  A squad is a group of players that regularly play with each other and has consistent communications.  On PC, it can be on game chat but often on discord. Tournament players usually group no more than 3 unless its a kill situation.  A group comprised of 2 Bullies/demaskers + 1 Repair counselors is optimal for spreading the map, getting shit done, and delaying/preoccupying Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Carlso said:

that's true, but as you said they have separate themselves, not group up on squads.

I'm failing to see why you're trying to make distinction between squads or solo players.  You can play as Chops or Deborah while in a squad and still do things in the background while the rest of the squad is just annoying Jason. 

And as @GeneiJin stated nothing says F you to Jason, like getting stunned by LaChappa and then helplessly watching him put a repair item in and still have time to waddle off away from you. 

I'll actually give an example of something I've done as LaChappa.  No, I do not main him, but if I'm doing repairs as my goal he's my go to.  I had the fuse and a bat.  I had another character nearby who I communicated with and they went inside on the phone.  Jason had the box trapped.  I tanked it.  He showed up.  He figured I probably could quickly be chopped down.  Wrong decision.  We traded shots, he went down.  i repaired the fuse, sprayed and then body blocked the box.  He tried to chop me down again at the box because he must not have had a quick grab kill.  We traded shots again, he went down.  In that process, the cops were called.  And I was inside the house before Jason came out of the second stun.

There is the difference between LaChappa and Deborah, or AJ for that matter.  Deborah and AJ aren't pulling off that entire set of events and they're breaking whatever weapon they have without likely stunning Jason once. 

And that is why Big Chops is the best repair character in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

A squad is a group of player that regularly play with each other and has consistent communications

ops i got it wrong. then yes lachappa is better on squads 😅. but he's still not a viable option.

 

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You can play as Chops or Deborah while in a squad and still do things in the background while the rest of the squad is just annoying Jason. 

yeah i didn't think you were talking about that kind of squad.i honestly thought you guys were saying like a bunch of vanessas and one chappa in the middle lol. you were right. 

 

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Deborah and AJ aren't pulling off that entire set of events and they're breaking whatever weapon they have without likely stunning Jason once. 

yeah, it's one of the few advantages of lachappa, got to admit. but it happens so rarely with me. idk when i play other chars, like mitch, jenny, deb, AJ, i feel like i can do more things than when i play chappa. i get he has advantages, but it feels it's not enough.

 

12 minutes ago, SirMang said:

i repaired the fuse, sprayed and then body blocked the box.  He tried to chop me down again at the box because he must not have had a quick grab kill.  We traded shots again, he went down.  In that process, the cops were called.  And I was inside the house before Jason came out of the second stun.

maybe buffing his luck or his strength to make him better at doing that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clones was one of the worst design choices along with the paper thin gameplay. Clones are especially made worse when the game is paper thin, it only further drove home the lazy meta of the game.

They had all those years in development going back to Summer Camp, gobbled up all that backer money and the end result was...a game of whackamole Jason. Lawsuit or not, it really feels like they took da cash and ran. The best features of the game ended up being cosmetic and a few well constructed alpha trailers that hid most of the core gameplay.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...